SELECT CONTENT

Angie Kent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angie Kent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by Bobette Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:14 am

I had a quick squiz at her IG when I followed @Dirty Street Pie's link.  What has she actually been doing for the past two years aside from posting heavily filtered selfies?  Clearly not working...  

Looks like she's trying to cash in on Yvie's popularity by teaming up with her again but unfortunately it already became clear who the funny one was in that partnership when they split IMO.

Also, what about this from last year:

EXCLUSIVE: Angie Kent says there is "definitely not more reality TV" in her future following her devastating Dancing With The Stars exit

When the news first dropped that former Bachelorette Angie Kent would be gracing our TV screens as one of the celebrity contestants on the new season of Dancing With The Stars, the ex-Gogglebox and I'm A Celeb! star copped it on social media for her seeming inability to turn down an opportunity to boost her profile on reality TV.

[T]he 30-year-old was the second contestant to be voted off Dancing With The Stars on Sunday night, when her emotional performance dedicated to her late grandmother failed to impress the judges.

But despite her disappointment, Angie says there is "definitely no more reality TV' for her on the horizon. "I've hung up my reality shoes," she said.

Source

You sit on a throne of lies, madame.

ETA: In before Sportsbet to say Courtney for the win IMO Angie Kent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion - Page 2 2498057887
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Angie Kent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Angie Kent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:54 am

There's never "anymore reality TV" until the $$ are waived in their face.

She has no shame, and it's quite embarrassing.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Enough Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:34 pm

Angie is trying to be relevant again. She said she is bisexual!!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10070361/The-Bachelorette-Angie-Kent-reveals-stitched-producers.html?adobe_mc=TS%3D1633649662%7CMCAID%3D2F7111100515D55D-40000BE423B958BB

Enough

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:17 pm

Enough wrote:Angie is trying to be relevant again. She said she is bisexual!!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10070361/The-Bachelorette-Angie-Kent-reveals-stitched-producers.html?adobe_mc=TS%3D1633649662%7CMCAID%3D2F7111100515D55D-40000BE423B958BB

As in an asexual is nonsexual kinda way?

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:46 pm

Oh, please just stop!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:28 pm

Just shut up Angie, shut up! So sick of faux lesbians claiming bisexuality to try to stay relevant
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:53 pm

Oh wait!
There’s an actual bisexual who is the current bachelorette and is likable so Ms. Kent has discovered that she has something in common.., come on 🙄

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:22 am

Dirty Street Pie wrote:Just shut up Angie, shut up! So sick of faux lesbians claiming bisexuality to try to stay relevant

:claphands Hear Hear @Dirty Street Pie.  To quote Sex & the City:

"Sweetheart, that's all very nice. But if you're not going to eat p****, you're not a dyke."

If only you had some Indigenous heritage to cash in on right Angie? Rolling Eyes
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Dirty Street Pie Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:43 am

Bobette wrote:
Dirty Street Pie wrote:Just shut up Angie, shut up! So sick of faux lesbians claiming bisexuality to try to stay relevant

:claphands Hear Hear @Dirty Street Pie.  To quote Sex & the City:

"Sweetheart, that's all very nice. But if you're not going to eat p****, you're not a dyke."

If only you had some Indigenous heritage to cash in on right Angie?  Rolling Eyes

One of the best lines in SATC laugh out loud

Don’t give her any ideas @Bobette, she’ll be shaking the family tree hard to see what falls out
Dirty Street Pie
Dirty Street Pie

Female Posts : 2595

Back to top Go down

Post by leavers Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:32 am

Reality TV star Angie Kent charged with drink driving
leavers
leavers

Female Posts : 1339

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:14 am

leavers wrote:Reality TV star Angie Kent charged with drink driving

A BAC of 0.081 is not just a couple of drinks on an empty stomach like she's claiming - more like 4-5.  And why does that article veer away from her arrest into a discussion of her alleged pAnSeXuaLitY?

Kent revealed during an interview on The Kyle and Jackie O show that she is pansexual. She said that she “falls in love with a person, not the gender”. The confession urged radio host Kyle Sandilands to ask, “Have you ever been with a woman?” “No I haven’t...but I always said that I’d fall in love with a person, not the gender,” Kent replied.

Anyway in unrelated news, I have decided that I am now the CEO of a green energy company.  I have never studied nor engaged in green energy production, but I find I fall in love with a job description, not doing the actual work, and I always said that I'd choose my career based on a deep spiritual connection and what's currently popular on social media.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:38 pm

Just had the misfortune of stumbling across Angie's patronising, stereotyping, self-aggrandising week 1 recap of Brooke's season.  

How this woman got a book contract is beyond me.  The article is littered with typos and grammatical errors and the way she gives herself permission to speak on behalf of the queer community despite NEVER HAVING BEEN WITH A WOMAN is astonishing and disrespectful, IMO.

A sample of quotes:

The queer world is magical. A lot of these cis men wouldn’t have much idea about this world. So it would be a new experience for a lot of them.

Where does she get off making such assumptions about these guys?  Why aggressively label them as cis as if it's a flaw?  And how does she even know they're all cis?  Any one of them could be questioning their gender identity.  Equally, how does she know none of them are bi? How does she know they don't spend time in the "queer world"?  They could have gay friends or family and go to gay bars every night.  She doesn't know.  Stereotyping the male contestants as clueless straight dudes is just as discriminatory as stereotyping queers.

let's face it, no photoshoot will ever beat Timm in a lobster suit with his lobster balls hanging out and Wazza chuckin' a nanna over being a chook for the day.

Your season is OVER Angie.  Previous Leads have actually progressed with their lives and done, you know, other things.  They don't continually try to bring everything back to their one minute of fame.  You may want to consider doing the same because beating a dead horse is not a good look.

...bringing that queer element we all want to see. Let’s face it, we were totally sick of seeing another blonde white girl being the Bachelorette.

So it was only OK for a blonde white girl to be Lead when it was you, and now that you've got your pay cheque that gives you the right to dictate what all future Leads should be?  And saying "we all" want to see a queer element shows a lack of understanding about why visibility has been so low to this point.  The truth is a lot of people in the wider community DON'T want to see a queer element.  Even if they're not homophobic, some people just have no interest, which is probably part of the reason ratings are so low.  

being pans myself, once you start dating in the queer world you really do expect cisgender men to step the hell up. Take note fellas.

Again, stop repeatedly using cisgender in unnecessary contexts (did you only just learn the word or something?) and stop making ASSUMPTIONS. And stop implying that dating women is automatically better than dating men.  I thought the whole point of pansexuality was meant to be that you don't see gender, and yet this entire article is Men vs Women, where women are portrayed as superior.

Men are stealing time, women are speaking their truth about the connection between Brooke and the other women.

And as for this flippant throwaway:

If you aren’t used to watching two girls who are into each other kissing, well it’s time to get used to it.

Telling people to "get used to it" diminishes the very real issues of homophobia in mainstream Australian society that you apparently haven't ever had to deal with.  Just because you have magnanimously decided it's OK to be queer doesn't mean society is going to suddenly change overnight.  Angie, you are NOT a poster girl for the queer community.  You have admitted you've never even been with a woman.  You also don't have the right to make assumptions about the gender and sexuality of these contestants.

TL/DR: Stop talking about things you know nothing about and stop trying to ride on Brooke's coat-tails.  Everything is not all about YOU.

Source
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Angie Kent - Bachelorette Australia - Season 5 - Discussion

+5
Dirty Street Pie
Sprite
leavers
Bobette
Admin