SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 8 - Media - No Discussion - Thread #1

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

holm - Bachelorette 8 - Media - No Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelorette 8 - Media - No Discussion - Thread #1

Post by Admin Mon May 07, 2012 4:48 pm

Ali Fedotowsky Thinks Emily Maynard Will Be The Best Bachelorette Ever [AUDIO]

We are exactly one week away from the premiere of the new season of “The Bachelorette” on ABC starring Emily Maynard. Remember she is the girl Brad Womack picked on “The Bachelor” though they didn’t stay together.

It seems like every fan has an opinion on Emily getting her own season, but we wanted to know how former Bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky felt about it. “When I first saw her on Brad Womack’s season, I was like: ‘This girl is beautiful, she’s kind, there’s no way she’s real.’ But I met her and she is wonderful, I’m hoping for the best for her,” she says.

Ali even went a step further, telling us she thinks “Emily will be the best Bachelorette in the history of the show.” Sounds like she’s a fan. By the way, if you are up late this weekend, check out Ali’s new travel show “1st Look” Saturday nights on NBC, right after “Saturday Night Live.”

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

holm - Bachelorette 8 - Media - No Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelorette 8 - Media - No Discussion - Thread #1

Post by Admin Mon May 07, 2012 6:09 pm

Video: Sneak Peek! Emily Maynard Meets Her Bachelorette Suitors

Emily Maynard will have her pick of 25 sexy potential suitors when The Bachelorette premieres on Monday, and Us Weekly has a sneak peek at how two of those guys are trying to woo her.

First up is Chris, a 25-year-old corporate sales director from Chicago. In addition to his good looks, Chris comes bearing gifts for Maynard: Bobblehead dolls in their likeness

Confirms Maynard, 26: "Chris is super hot and so thoughtful. I like him a lot."

Arie, 30, proves that chivalry isn't dead and flirts away when he first meets Maynard, but getting her to warm up to him, however, is another story.

A race car driver from Arizona, Arie is hesitant to admit his profession to Maynard, for fear that she'll write him off, given the fact that her late fiance, Ricky Hendrick, drove for NASCAR.

Watch Maynard's very first one-on-one Bachelorette interactions with Arie and Chris in the preview clip above before her search for love begins May 14 at 8 p.m. (EST) on ABC.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/sneak-peek-emily-maynard-meets-her-bachelorette-suitors-201275#ixzz1uDj4cFap
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 08, 2012 4:11 am

San wrote:A writer on BuddyTV also credited Love_Me and BachSpoilerFans! High clap

holm - Bachelorette 8 - Media - No Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 13 Boardpw

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-bachelorette/big-bachelorette-spoiler-are-t-45496.aspx
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KikiLove Tue May 08, 2012 11:14 am

KikiLL wrote:

The Bachelorette's Sean Lowe: 10 Things You Need to Know
about 13 hours ago by Mehera Bonner
Related: Season 8, Sean Lowe

Photo Credit: Reality Steve
We hope Emily Maynard loves herself an eight pack, because Bachelorette front-runner, Sean Lowe, is rocking a seriously studly body. Check out 10 things you need to know about this eligible piece of man candy to prepare for The Bachelorette's premiere on May 14th!

1. He's From the Lone Star State
Sean was born and bred in Arlington, Texas, so you can bet he rocks a charming Texan twang. Even better? He's sure to win Emily over with his southern charm!

2. He's an Insurance Salesman by Day and a Male Model by... Later in the Day
Sean's a salesman for State Farm Insurance, but c'mon –– he'd be nuts not to put that amazing body to good use! Sean models for fitness magazines in his free time, to which we say: Thank you.

3. He's a College Graduate
Sean might be a blonde bombshell, but he's no slouch when it comes to getting his edu-macation on. Sean attended Texas A&M before transferring to Kansas State University, which he graduated from in 2006. Two schools in four years? He's so smart!

4. He's a Football Player
In case there aren't already enough reasons to crush on Sean, you'll be thrilled to know that he's a football player. Sean played linebacker at Lamar High School (he was MVP!), and continued the sport at Kansas State University. No wonder he has such a rockin' bod.

5. He's a Match Maker
Sean played cupid for his sister, Shay, who he paired up with one of his football teammates. Shay and her man are married with children and living happily ever after, and it's all thanks to Sean' matchmaking skills! Wow, he was so destined to star on The Bachelorette.

6. Jesus Is His Homeboy
Sean is best buds with the man upstairs, and cares deeply about religion. He's a member of The Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and was involved in his church's youth group. Hope Emily likes her men with a side of spirituality!

7. He Dated a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader
Wave your pom-poms in the air like you just don't care, y'all! Sean is definitely a ladies' man, and used to be in a serious relationship with Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, Brooke Sorenson. Good to know that he's a serial monogamist!

8. He's an Animal Lover
Meet Sean's pals-with-paws, Lola the Boxer and Ellie the Lab! Do you think these cuddly cuties will join him on any dates with Emily?

9. He's a Family Man
Judging from the numerous photos of Sean on the internet (and the fact that he shares a business with his sister and her hubby), it's safe to assume that this bachelor puts family first. We approve!

10. He's 6 Feet Tall
Emily better get used to standing on her tip-toes, because Sean is 6 foot, three inches tall. He's towering over the competition — literally!

Source: Examiner, Reality Steve, Powercat, K-State

holm - Bachelorette 8 - Media - No Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 13 Seanie10holm - Bachelorette 8 - Media - No Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 13 Tumblr_m5ljljyBe21rx9goxo1_250holm - Bachelorette 8 - Media - No Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 13 Tumblr_m7vu98s0lT1rwl05yo1_100
''Let your faith be bigger than your fears''
''No one can make you feel inferior without your consent'' - Eleanor Roosevelt
KikiLove
KikiLove

Female Posts : 2434

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgFME101EA3Jsekih-BkYbA

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Tue May 08, 2012 6:36 pm

'The Bachelorette' star Emily Maynard: I won't be kissing every guy

By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 05/08/2012

The Bachelorette viewers will see Emily Maynard taking a more conservative approach on the reality dating show's upcoming eighth season.

"I don't want to be kissing every guy. I want to still be a lady. I'm a mom first," Maynard told People in its latest issue when discussing her The Bachelorette edition, which is still in production but premieres on ABC next week.

Maynard's resistance to getting too intimate too soon will apparently also apply to the show's infamous steamy Jacuzzi scenes.

"I'm hoping the hot tubs have been completely phased out," she added.

Although Maynard will be kept busy with all her potential suitors this season, she said she made certain her priority of being a good mother to her only daughter Ricki remained in check.

"[The show] has been so good at making sure there's time scheduled for the two of us," Maynard told People, adding however, that Ricki has spent a good amount of time with her grandparents and a nanny while they have been traveling as The Bachelorette has been filming.

"She has so much fun with them. When I got back [from The Bachelor] I had a house full of new toys and she was drinking Coke and watching SpongeBob," The Bachelorette star reportedly groaned.

Maynard explained she had no doubt she'd fall in love again when she agreed do the show because she was completely smitten with ex-fiance and former fifteenth-season The Bachelor star Brad Womack -- although the couple split in June 2011 following the show's March finale broadcast.

"I know it can work. I fell in love the first time," Maynard noted.

While Maynard was hesitant to uproot Ricki and move to Womack's hometown of Austin, TX because she wasn't totally convinced their relationship would work out in the end, she insisted she'll be open to moving wherever her new man may reside.

"I'm a hopeless romantic. I'd live on a sailboat in the middle of the ocean if that's where the person I loved wanted to be," Maynard said.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-bachelorette-star-emily-maynard-i-wont-be-kissing-every-guy-13447.php
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by MissC Wed May 09, 2012 8:36 am

'The Bachelorette' 2012 Spoilers: Final Two Rumored for Emily Leaked

The final two men rumored for Emily Maynard on The Bachelorette 2012 has been revealed by a forum poster on one of the show's fan blogs. According to the latest spoilers, who are the finalists?

BuddyTV wrote that the forum poster confirmed without a doubt in her mind that Jef Holm and Sean Lowe are the two men Emily will choose from for the finale episode.

In the last rose ceremony Chris Bukowski was eliminated. Three men remained for the overnight dates. They were Jef, Sean, and Arie Luyendyk, Jr.

As the article went on to point out, Emily is surprisingly attracted more to the "baby faced" types than originally thought. When The Bachelorette 2012 began filming, sexy jock and football player Ryan Bowers and Indy race car driver Arie Luyenkyk, Jr. were the early favorites. Reports went crazy that Emily was all part of the casting process, insisting only the rich, handsome, and athletic men were the ones on for her season. Now that things are winding down on The Bachelorette set, all of that has passed and it's about who Emily really wants. Will she find the right man to fall in love with or will she go a step further and find her soul mate to marry?

The Bachelorette 2012 premieres Monday, May 14th at 8:00 p.m., ET/PT on ABC.

http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981317542
MissC
MissC

Female Posts : 1412

https://www.facebook.com/candi.m.keller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Emily Maynard: I Want To Find A Husband

Emily is looking for love again and the 26-year-old reportedly is determined to find true love as the star of ‘The Bachelorette’ — read on to find out if she’s already met the man of her dreams!

Emily Maynard is ready to be in love! The gorgeous stunner is ABC’s new Bachelorette and Life & Style says that on this season Emily admits she’s had her heart broken but she’s ready to move on and meet Mr. Right!

“Once her life went back to normal [after The Bachelor],” the source says. “She started thinking, ‘why not?’ The best case scenarios is that she finds long-lasting love.”

Emily fell in love with Brad Womack on The Bachelor but he ended up breaking her heart because they kept fighting and couldn’t decide where to live!

“I thought Brad was going to be my husband,” the source says. “When things didn’t work out, I was obviously heartbroken, but being with Brad really taught me that I have it in me to fall in love again.”

The new season of The Bachelorette starts on May 14 and Emily reportedly gets that “butterflies in your stomach” sensation on the show.

“I’ve been in love twice, and I lost it twice,” Emily says. “Coming back to be The Bachelorette is a huge risk. But to meet the person that I’m supposed to spend the rest of my life with, I think it’s totally worth it.”

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2012/05/09/emily-maynard-bachelor-married/
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Bachelorette' host Chris Harrison: Emily Maynard's season 'drastically different' than seasons past

"Bachelorette" host Chris Harrison spoke with the press Wednesday (May 9) to dish about Emily Maynard's upcoming season, which starts Monday, May 14. He says that her being a single mom definitely gave this season a different vibe.

"Emily's season is drastically different than anything we've ever done ... Her being a single mom definitely changed the tone, from night one," says Harrison. "She's looking at this from the perspective of being a parent ... throughout the show there was always that underlying issue of she's a mom and is this guy ready?"

Harrison also says that Emily being a mom and there being several single dads in the bachelor pool, plus the average age of the men being a little higher definitely contribute to less of the superficial drama we've seen in seasons before.

"You don't have the frat house humor and the frat house drama that maybe you've seen in seasons past with younger contestants or maybe contestants that weren't parents," says Harrison. "Things have a more serious tone and bigger issues. Calling it drama almost doesn't do it justice, to what happens ... it's not the superficial drama that you've maybe seen in seasons past."

As for how the season progresses, a lot of it hinges upon the woman that Emily Maynard is, which Harrison says may surprise viewers - it certainly surprised him.

"There are some dates where she's pushed to the limit and it says a lot about her and it says a lot about the guy she's with, how he handles it and how he takes care of her," says Harrison. "There's surprises along the way and there's drama she has to deal with, but I think what people will love, especially single moms out there, is Emily is holding that banner high and she will do everybody proud."

"There are moments," Harrison continues. "Where everybody's gonna say, 'Damn, girl. Well done. Way to handle it.' You think Emily's this delicate little flower and she is, right up until the time where she needs to handle her business and she handles it well."

"She gives these guys enough rope to hang themselves and some of these guys do. Some of these guys, she realizes, aren't father material, aren't husband material. And she'll dismiss them. She has no problem clearing the decks. It's a fun, fresh side of Emily that people don't know," Harrison finishes. "I didn't know Emily as well as I thought I did until this season. It's very refreshing. There's a lot more to her than meets the eye."

As viewers who were skeptical of the show choosing Emily - because we were not wild about her on Brad's season - we are pleased to hear it and intrigued to see how that plays out. We also love Harrison's sly sense of humor.

When asked about Emily not being crazy about hot tubs, Harrison deadpans, "Hot tubs always mysteriously appear. That's in the contract, that we always have blow-up hot tubs, on-call, 24/7."

"The Bachelorette" premieres Monday, May 14 at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT, right after the final performances on "Dancing With the Stars." Then "Bachelorette" moves to its regular timeslot, 8 p.m. ET/PT, on Monday, May 21.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/05/bachelorette-host-chris-harrison-emily-maynards-season-drastically-different-than-seasons-past.html

Last edited by San on Wed May 09, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed May 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Will Emily Get Wild and Crazy on 'Bachelorette'?

By ROBERT PACE

May 09, 2012

Emily Maynard is getting another chance to find love on The Bachelorette after a not-so-happy ending to her relationship with Brad on The Bachelor. As Emily comes around the second time, does she plan to follow in the risque footsteps of Bachelor Ben Flajnik and get wild with the bachelors?

"I think if that's what the viewers are looking for [then] they might be a little disappointed," Maynard said at her dress fitting for The Bachelorette. "That's not what I do in my normal everyday life so I don't think I'm going to be getting wild and crazy on 'The Bachelorette.'"

PICS: Sneak Peek: Meet The Bachelorette's New Suitors

Maynard, who was on The Bachelor's fifteenth season in 2011, stated that she learned many valuable things from the show and believes it to have changed her as a person. Having been in the same position that the bachelors will be in not too long ago, the 26-year-old said she will have extra compassion for the men.

Although she currently lives in Charlotte, NC with her six-year-old daughter Ricki, Maynard said that she is flexible and would be willing to move to accommodate her husband. "I would move in a heartbeat," she said. "I love Charlotte but wherever my husband was, I would move wherever in the world."

VIDEO: Emily Maynard: I Want My Daughter to Have a Dad

Check out the full interview with Emily Maynard above and don't miss the season premiere of The Bachelorette Monday, May 14 at 9:30 p.m. on ABC.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/121640_Will_Emily_Get_Wild_and_Crazy_on_Bachelorette/index.html
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 09, 2012 6:15 pm

Chris Harrison: Emily Maynard's 'The Bachelorette' season is very different

Chris Harrison watched Emily Maynard's relationship with former fifteenth-season The Bachelor star Brad Womack blossom, struggle and eventually fizzle out, as the host became friends with the couple during their time on the show.

However, the single mom from Charlotte, NC opted to attempt to find love again on reality TV in the upcoming eighth edition of The Bachelorette, and Chris, could once again, come along for the ride -- observing her journey from a very supportive and hopeful perspective.

During a Wednesday conference call with reporters, Chris talked to Reality TV World about the next season of The Bachelorette, which premieres Monday, May 14, and highlighted some key details of what viewers can expect to see -- including how much of a conservative approach the show's producers allowed Emily to take throughout the season, whether Bentley Williams' return was ever a real possibility and what convinced him that Emily would pick up and move to wherever her final bachelor might reside despite her hesitancy to live with Brad in Austin, TX following their engagement.

RELATED LINKS
Reality TV World: The Bachelorette 8

More The Bachelorette 8 News

Below is the first portion of Chris' interview. Check back with Reality TV World soon for more.

Reality TV World: Emily said in a recent interview she planned to be more reserved this season than prior Bachelorettes in that she didn't want to kiss a lot of guys and also, for example, she was really hoping there wouldn't be any hot tubs during the season. Did she express those wishes to you guys before the season began and is that something the producers agreed to respect? Or did the hot tubs still mysteriously appear out of nowhere?

Chris Harrison: You know what? Hot tubs always mysteriously appear. That's in the contract, that we always have blow-up hot tubs on call 24/7. (Laughs) No, the season is very different. The thing about Emily too is she's not the "crazy, bungee jumping, sky diving" type of woman. She is a southern gem who likes to wear high heels and dresses.

So, we absolutely cater and accommodate who our Bachelor and Bachelorette is. That doesn't mean we don't like to take them out of their comfort zone a little bit, like in Charlotte earlier on, there's kind of a building that we scale. But it's very tame compared to things we've done before, like bungee jumping off a bridge in New Zealand, which were in seasons past.

But you know, you definitely cater to who they are. It's not like you cow down to their demands or you work it out in contract negotiations. It's nothing that formal. It's just we want her to be happy. We want this to be a beautiful season, and we want the trappings that you all know and love from The Bachelor and The Bachelorette -- these exotic dates all over the world.

But there's easy ways to make everybody happy. They'll show these beautiful cities and countries, but also make sure that Emily's happy and comfortable. But at the same time, there are some dates where she's pushed to the limit and it says a lot about her.

It also says a lot about the guy she's with -- how he handles it and how he takes care of her and if he takes care of her. So, I hope that somewhat answers the question.

Reality TV World: There had been a lot of talk about the show filming in Emily's hometown of North Carolina due to her daughter Ricki but based on the info ABC released last week, it seems like you spent the initial cocktail ceremony and first few dates there but then began traveling afterwards. So what happened there? Did that end up not being as much of a concern for Emily as it had originally been?

Chris Harrison: No, I mean she always had the plan. Usually what we do -- and again, it changes depending on who the Bachelor or the Bachelorette is. I kind of love the organic way the show has changed depending on who our person is, and we usually start the first three or four weeks in Los Angeles.

We use The Bachelor [mansion], which we've used for years and years. But with Emily, part of the thing was, she has Ricki. She didn't want to take Ricki out of school and wanted to continue her life. So not only did we start the show in Charlotte, but you'll see that we kept Emily in her home with Ricki, and she continued her daily life of taking her to school and soccer practice.

She didn't have to jump out of her world to start the show for the first month or so, and that was huge. She knew we would still travel. And then Ricki would come along with us from time to time.

What people don't understand is, I know you see the Bachelors and the Bachelorettes, but we also behind the scenes have this incredible traveling family. It's like a circus. We've all had kids and our kids will travel with us from time to time.

My kids travel with me and other producers and camera operators. So there's lots of families and wives on the road with us, and we all take care of each other. We all know each others' kids and Ricki became part of the family. She jumps around and plays with my kids from time to time, so it's been fun having her with us when she's on the road.

Reality TV World: Before the season began, there had been talk out there about the possibility of Bentley Williams coming back on the show. And I think you had even commented on how you'd only let him compete on The Bachelorette if he sincerely convinced you he wanted to go on for the right reasons. So was Bentley interested and was he actually considered, and if so, did you guys decide he was trying to get on the show for the wrong reasons or what happened there?

Chris Harrison: It was definitely discussed and I know our producers have gone through this because it was such an obvious storyline. But to me, it just felt like such low-hanging fruit -- not that we are opposed to drama, twists and turns, of course you get them as you do every season -- but to me, I don't know if we ever talked to him. I don't know how far it got. I really don't.

I just know that if he had come back, if he had wanted to come back -- which I don't even know if he did -- but he had to have really done a 180 and really shown that he was sincere, because the whole point of this show was not to pull a fast one on Emily, and to do that the first night, especially if he comes back -- or whenever, any night, if he had shown up -- it would've been about that joke and that surprise and pulling a fast one on her.

And that's not at all how this season goes, and it's not the tone of this season at all. She is vulnerable and she had her insecurities, and to mess with her just to be messing with her, I think would've been pretty uncool of us.

Reality TV World: I've seen The Bachelorette premiere already, and Kalon obviously arrives in a helicopter -- which seems a further step up from Lindzi Cox's arrival on a horse during Ben Flajnik's The Bachelor season. So how did Kalon's entrance come about -- did the show arrange and pay for that or was that all something he did on his own -- and is there any limit at this point as to what type of entrance the show is willing to let contestants make or is there no line anymore?

Chris Harrison: Yeah, I don't think there is a line. I think these guys will just come up with an idea and say, "Hey, you mind if I skydive into night one?" -- which, that's a great idea by the way. We haven't done that. I don't know how the helicopter was procured. I know Lindzi, that was her friend and her horse. And obviously now that you've seen Lindzi, you know that that meant a lot to her.

I don't know to Kalon what that meant or how he pulled it off, but he did, and it definitely caused a stir on Night 1. There were a few good entries! Jef, I remember, came in kind of Back to the Future-style on a skateboard, which was kind of cool.

And then we had the helicopter, and so for Emily, these guys definitely had to raise the bar a little bit in trying to get her attention, because there's 25 pretty fantastic, successful, good looking guys in that room. And so, they were all kind of clamoring to make a difference, and the helicopter was definitely different.

Reality TV World: The premiere also shows Emily telling Kalon she was impressed by his entrance. Do you think the decision Kalon made could've gone either way in that Emily could've been impressed or put off by a showy entrance like that? And while it did apparently impress Emily, do you think there may be a significant downside of making him a target to the rest of the bachelors?

Chris Harrison: Yeah, you'll have to ask Emily just how impressed she was. Here's one thing about Emily that you will quickly learn when you watch the show, is that she's very sweet, very southern, and she will sometimes tell you [something] and be very courteous and nice -- but it's not exactly how she feels deep down inside.

So, I don't know if she loved him making that big of a deal of himself and standing out like that. And then the other guys, definitely that put a target on his back, immediately. You walk in and you show everybody up like that, I mean, of course it's going to put a target on your back.

Reality TV World: Emily has said she's willing to move wherever the guy she picks lives. However, some viewers are a little skeptical of that because she never picked up and moved to Austin to be with Brad even though he had always been clear he'd expected that of his final bachelorette. What are your thoughts about that -- why do you think it'll be different this time around?

Chris Harrison: Well I mean, the situation with Brad was different. You have to take it in and of itself. She just wasn't -- she was fully prepared to move to Austin and would've loved to move to Austin, and obviously that was on her mind, but their relationship never got there. It's a big step for her because it's not just Emily up and moving.

It's Emily and it's Ricki and it's her life, and pulling Ricki out of school and [away from] her friends and all that. And so, Emily doesn't just get to make choices for herself anymore. While that was definitely in consideration for Brad, it was a completely different situation than what she'll face here, however this turns out.

This will be another decision she has to make and I hope she has to make it. Hopefully we get this incredible ending and she falls in love and they either move to Charlotte or move wherever.

Reality TV World: A lot of people are skeptical that a racecar driver just happened to apply. How did Arie end up on the show? Did he really apply on his own or did the show go out and deliberately try and recruit a racecar driver?

Chris Harrison: I don't think -- I don't know how Arie ended up coming to the show. I don't know if he applied or friends applied for him. I don't know. I never get that deep into how these guys end up on the show.

I had to explain earlier, you know, what Arie does -- well first of all, he doesn't really race anymore but he was an Indy car driver -- and open wheel, that's not even the same sport even close to NASCAR and the world that Emily was in.

But the other thing is, it's still something that she holds near and dear to her heart, and racing in general is something that she actually loves and still keeps up with. But if you talk to Arie, which I have, he knows nothing about NASCAR. It's a very different world, completely, and he comes from a very different world.

www.realitytvworld.com
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Wed May 09, 2012 6:19 pm

Thank you so much cfck2222!

cfck2222 wrote:A little late with your morning tabloid report but since Love_Me's got the big scoop in the Sleuthing/Filming Updates forum, not too big a deal, right? :Smiley:

There's a 2 page interview with Emily in Life & Style but it's not on the cover. It's full of Emily quotes, as if she gave them an interview but I'm not 100% sure they are fresh/exclusive quotes. I lean to thinking that if they were exclusive quotes, L&S would've mentioned it on its cover. It's a favorable story of Emily that makes me think L&S will once again have the unofficial scoop from production on this season. Life & Style has its own 5 to watch: Ryan, Ari, Chris, Jef, and Doug.

Star teases a story about one of Emily's bachelors having a violent past. It's Doug and based on Star reporting from police records I'm guessing there's something to it though it's also very likely Star is reporting a sensationalized version of it. It basically involves a very heated argument Doug got into with his then-girlfriend/mother of his child and him firing a shotgun into the ground as a scare tactic. The thing is that Star contacted the mother of the mother of his child about this and she told them it was nothing so whatever happened was resolved.

US Weekly has a review of the premiere episode and says the bloom is off the rose - it says even Chris Harrison looks bored (and constantly repeats references to Emily's tragic backstory) and Emily doesn't have the vivacity of former bach'ette Jillian Harris. It also says thank goodness for Kalon stirring things up in the 1st episode so I don't think the review bodes ill for the season (IIRC they gave Ben F's season premiere a very good review).
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by lavenderred Thu May 10, 2012 7:05 pm

Part 1

Thursday, May 10, 2012 ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT - The Bacholerette - May 9th Interview with CHRIS HARRISON.docx

TRANSCRIPT FROM THE MAY 9TH "THE BACHELORETTE"
TELECONFERENCE WITH HOST CHRIS HARRISON

"The Bachelorette" airs MONDAY, MAY 14TH (9:31 - 11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Photography is available at www.abcmedianet.com or at (818) 460-6611.

Operator: Welcome to Disney's "The Bachelorette" call with Cathy Rehl as the leader. This call is being recorded. By staying on this call, you are confirming that you consented to this recording. If you do not wish to be recorded, please disconnect from the call at this time. Thank you.

Ms. Rehl, you may begin your call.

Cathy Rehl: Good afternoon, everybody, and welcome to the first call of Emily Maynard's season. This is season eight of "The Bachelorette". And as you know, we premiere next Monday, May 14 at 9:30 pm.

Today we have Chris Harrison with us. And just one thing and that is the extra information, and that is if you don't know, Chris is going to be back as a guest co-host on "Live! with Kelly" on next Wednesday and Thursday, May 16th and 17th. We will also have some information about a call with Emily that will be coming up some time next week. It should come out today and you can sign up for that.

So we will go to our usual format of one question and a follow-up. And I think we're ready for the questions.

Operator: Ladies and gentlemen, to ask a question, please press star, then the number one on your telephone keypad. Your first question comes from Gina Scarpa from realitywanted.com.

Gina Scarpa: Thanks, Chris. How are you?

Chris Harrison: Hey, Gina. How's it going?

Gina Scarpa: Good. Thanks. So given that Emily is a single mom, is the vibe of this season of The Bachelorette different than others before it? And how so?

Chris Harrison: Yes. I mean, well, the great thing about the show is that every season has a different vibe because you take the cues from The Bachelor/Bachelorette. And you know, Emily's season is drastically different than anything we've ever done.

Her being a single mom, it definitely changed the tone. It changed the tone from night one. The guys all came in knowing it was Emily, wanting it to be Emily. But at the same time, they had to know, you know, she's looking through this and at this from a very different light and from the perspective of being a parent. And if you are a parent, you understand what that means; I mean it changes everything.

And you know, throughout the show there was always just that underlying issue of, you know, she's a mom and is this guy ready. And it's not just at the end of this, hopefully finding love, hopefully finding a husband; it's hopefully finding a father and a father figure to Ricki. So it's a very different show.

Gina Scarpa: And then, you know, you said that the guys came in knowing it was Emily and hoping it was her. How does that play into relationships forming given that the guys coming in know so much about Emily and maybe feel - feelings for her already and she knows very little about them?

Chris Harrison: Yes. It definitely changes it when they know. First of all, you don't have that moment of getting out of the limo going "who is this" and "am I attracted to them," which is kind of fun sometimes because I think that's part of relationships. And I think it's pretty interesting when we do that.

But I also love the fact that when these guys got out, I mean Emily, you know, she already captured their attention and their imagination. And I think it makes for a kind of - you're already over that first hurdle and you're on to, you know, just trying to see, "is there something there beyond that initial attraction?"

Gina Scarpa: OK. Thank you so much.

Operator: Your next question comes from Paulette Cohn from Xfinity TV.

Paulette Cohn: Good morning, Chris.

Chris Harrison: Hey, Paulette. How are you doing?

Paulette Cohn: Good. So I'm curious, you know, you have on Brad's season, you made her go to the racetrack and now we have this ex-race car driver. So are you going for the drama when you're casting this? And the guy who comes in a helicopter, can you (inaudible)?

Chris Harrison: Yes. You know, first of all, people need to understand that, you know, Emily loves, you know, the track. She loves racing. That is a huge part of her life and her family.

You know, not to go into the history of what happened, but, you know, Ricky died at a racetrack. She doesn't have bad memories of the racetrack. She actually has very fond memories and a great love. We talked about this at length.

So these aren't bad memories for her and it's not a bad thing. The fact that - and people also need to understand that I don't want to get too detailed about this, but NASCAR and open wheel racing might as well be two different sports, two different worlds all together. You really can't compare, you know, what Arie does and did for a living to, you know, NASCAR world; it really is.

I know it seems like to somebody who's not a big fan, well, they're both in cars and they both kind of drive to the left and go around in circles. But it's very different. But no, she embraces that and she loves it. But you really can't compare the two. He's a very different person.

Paulette Cohn: OK. So can you talk about what kind of drama we're going to see this season?

Chris Harrison: You know, like I said in the last one, it's just a very different season; it's a very different drama. You don't have the, you know, the frat house humor and the frat house drama that, you know, maybe you've seen in seasons past with younger contestants or maybe contestants that weren't parents.

You know, I kind of liken it to Jason Mesnick's season who's a single dad. Things are just more, you know, much more serious tone and bigger issues. And so, you know, calling it drama almost doesn't do it justice to what happens because a lot of it is just Emily trying to figure out, you know, are these guys not only right for me but are they right to start a family? And that's what you're doing immediately should you be engaged at the end of this.

And so, you know, I think it's, you know, not the kind of, you know, superficial drama that maybe you've seen in seasons past; it's much deeper. There's a lot more to it. There's a lot more layers to this season, which I think is fantastic.

There was so much going on. It's almost even hard to explain in a nice little sound byte because, you know, there's so many levels to this and there's so many different things that Emily's dealing with that it just made for a fantastic season.

Paulette Cohn: OK. Thanks.

Operator: Your next question comes from Jennifer Peros from US Weekly magazine.

Jennifer Peros: Hey, Chris. How are you?

Chris Harrison: Hi, Jennifer. I'm doing good. How are you?

Jennifer Peros: Good. So I read somewhere that, you know, before Emily officially signed on, she's a little hesitant and wasn't, you know, 100 percent sure if she wanted to do this and bring Ricki into this.

So what do you think happened? Or was there anything maybe that you guys said to her that made her, you know, change her mind and say yes to doing this?

Chris Harrison: You know, you'll have to ask her next week like what the, you know, what the straw was that broke the camel's back, you know, that made her do it. I know she was reluctant; I know she was hesitant. I mean everyone should be, you know, just jumping into this

And a single mom should be because you don't get to make, you know, decisions for yourself anymore. You're making decisions through your child. And I think a lot of it was how do we handle, you know, Ricki and how will she be shown, if she'll be shown, where we'll shoot the show.

I mean I think there was just a million issues as a mom and then the issues of just being a single woman. But you know, overall, if you deal with just Emily, I think, you know, in talking to her, she did go back out there; she tried to date. She tried to find somebody and she wants to find somebody. She's ready for that.

And she's like "it's a nightmare." She's like it really sucks in the real world and it really sucks trying to, you know, date and be out there and "I can't find any good guys." And the thing I love about our show and the thing that speaks volumes to me is all these people do come back because they know it works and it has worked.

And you know, it did work for her in finding Brad. Obviously, it didn't work out, but she knows that the concept works. And so, I was kind of proud of the fact that, you know, not just like Brad or Ben or Ashley comes back, but a single mom like that, that has the values and the morals that she does, you know, I think it spoke volumes that she decided this is a good place and a safe place for me and my daughter to come back.

Jennifer Peros: And I know you mentioned, you know, Jason Mesnick who was a single dad (inaudible) that she had a child. She's (inaudible), you know, first single mom. So what kind of guy do you think will be a good fit for her?

You know, obviously, she needs one mature I'm sure to be a father. But what do you think is the best guy for Emily?

Chris Harrison: Well, the first thing I love it. I mean you bring up a good point is that Jason being a single dad, you know, it's almost like "Sleepless in Seattle" with Tom Hanks. Everybody was like "oh, how sweet, this single dad."

But then when a woman was doing it, it was funny that the reaction was totally different. It wasn't "oh, look at Emily". She's, you know, it was "how dare she." So I love, again, our show kind of bringing up this social issue and the juxtaposition like why, how is that fair.

How is she any less deserving and deserving other than who or in awe for doing this? But I found it funny that that was the case. But I kind of love pushing those issues and kind of raising that to (inaudible).

But look, Emily is, you know, is a very Southern traditional woman but very independent and strong as if you ever have known a strong Southern woman they can be. So she's definitely - she's looking for a guy, (a) to come in and, you know, help her take her hands off the wheel for a while. She has been in control of her life because of the tragedy, you know, since she was 19, 20 years old.

I mean think about that. I mean think about what this woman has been through in such a short time in her life. She's ready for someone to come in and really help her out and kind of drive the ship for a while because she is - I mean she's just exhausted. She's been doing it all for so long and she's done an amazing job

And so, she needs a strong man. She needs a strong man who can come in and help take control and take care of her and Ricki because she's used to controlling everything, and it's been a tough life so far. But just someone that will love her, someone that will love Ricki and someone that will kind of, you know, meld into her life and Ricki's life. And there's plenty of guys on this season that can do just that. I mean it really is a good, good group of guys.

Jennifer Peros: Good. I cannot wait to watch. Thanks so much.

Chris Harrison: Of course.

Operator: Your next question comes from Beth Kwiatkowski from Reality TV World.

Beth Kwiatkowski: Hi, Chris. How are you doing?

Chris Harrison: I'm good, Beth. How are you?

Beth Kwiatkowski: Good. But you know, Emily said in a recent interview that she plans to be more reserved in the season entire Bachelorette and that she didn't want to kiss a lot of guys and also, for example, she was really hoping there wouldn't be any hot tub during this season.

So did she express those wishes to you guys before the season began? And is that something that the producers agreed to respect, or did the hot tub kind of mysteriously appear (inaudible) again?

Chris Harrison: You know, hot tubs always mysteriously appear. That's in the contract that we always have blow-up hot tubs on call 24/7.

No, the season is very different. You know, I mean the thing about Emily too is, you know, she's not the crazy, bungee jumping, you know, skydiving type of woman. She is, you know, a Southern gem who likes to wear high heels and dresses.

And so, we absolutely cater and accommodate who our bachelor/bachelorette is. It doesn't mean we don't like to take them out of the comfort zone a little bit, you know, like in Charlotte early on there's kind of up-building that we scale. But it's very tame compared to things we've done before like, you know, bungee jumping off a bridge in New Zealand which we've done in seasons past.

But you know, you definitely cater to who they are (inaudible). You kowtow to their demands or you work it out in contract negotiations. It's nothing that formal. It's just we want her to be happy. We want this to be a beautiful season, and we want the, you know, the trappings that you all know and love from The Bachelor/Bachelorette these exotic dates and all over the world.

But there's easy ways to make everybody happy. They still show these beautiful cities and these countries, but also make sure that Emily's happy and comfortable. But at the same time, there are some dates where, you know, she's pushed to the limit and it said a lot about her, and it also says a lot about the guy she's with, how he handles it and how he takes care of her and if he takes care of her. So I hope that somewhat answers the question.

Beth Kwiatkowski: Yes. Sure. And you know, there had been a lot of talk about the show filming in Emily's hometown of North Carolina due to her daughter Ricki. And based on the information that ABC released last week, it seems like you guys spent the initial cocktail ceremony and the first round of dates there but then began traveling immediately afterwards.

So what happened there? Did that end up not being as much of a concern for Emily as it had originally been or something?

Chris Harrison: No. I mean we always had the plan. Usually, what we do, and again it changes depending on who the bachelor/bachelorette is. And I kind of love the organic way the show has changed depending on who our person is.

And we usually start the first three, four weeks, you know, in Los Angeles. You know, we use the Bachelor pad which we used for years and years. But with Emily, you know, part of the thing was, you know, she has Ricki. She didn't want to take Ricki out of school and wanted to continue her life. So not only did we start the show in Charlotte, but you'll see that we, you know, kept Emily in her home with Ricki.

And she continued her daily life of taking her to school and soccer practice. And she, you know, didn't have to jump out of her world to start the show for the first month or so; and that was huge. You know, she knew we would still travel and then Ricki would come along with us from time to time. She's, you know - what people don't understand, I know you see the bachelors and the bachelorettes, but we also behind the scenes have this incredible traveling family.

It's like a circus where, you know, we all - we've all had kids and, you know, our kids will travel with us from time to time. My kids travel with me and, you know, other producers and camera operators. So there's lots of wives and families on the road with us and we all take care of each other.

We all know each other's kids and, you know, Ricki became part of the family. And she jumps around and plays with my kids from time to time. And so, it's been fun having her with us when she's been on the road.

Beth Kwiatkowski: OK. Thank you very much, Chris.

Operator: Your next question comes from Jackie Strauss from Life and Style.

Jackie Strauss: Hey, Chris. How are you?

Chris Harrison: Hey, Jackie. What's going on?

Jackie Strauss: So I know that you said it's definitely more serious and less frat-boy this season, but it always seems like there's someone who leaves early or maybe a villain. Is Emily in store for any kind of surprises like that? I guess how could you sum up her guys?

Chris Harrison: Of course, theres surprises along the way and there's drama she has to deal with. But I think what people will love and I think, you know, especially single moms out there, I think, you know, Emily is holding that banner high. And I think she will do everybody very proud.

And I think there are several moments throughout the show where, you know, for lack of a better term and everyone's going to say, "Damn, girl!" Like "well done;" like "way to handle it." You know, you think Emily's just this little flower, this delicate little flower, and she is right up until the time when she needs to handle her business and she handles herself very well.

And you know, she let's these guys, you know, she gives them enough rope to hang themselves and some of these guys do. And you'll see that along the way that, you know, some of these guys she realizes aren't father-material, aren't husband-material. And she will dismiss them if that is the case. She has no problem in, you know, clearing the deck. So it's a fun - it's a fun, fresh side of Emily that I don't think people know and they'll be very excited to see.

Jackie Strauss: And you think that - I mean we've obviously loved a lot of the past bachelors and bachelorettes. But do you think that maybe Emily out of everyone kind of deserves to find happiness at the end?

Chris Harrison: Yes, I would definitely. I mean first of all, people - I don't think people know Emily; I didn't. And the reason I say this I really didn't know her as well as I thought I did until this season. We spent so much time together and spent time with Ricki and traveling around the world.

But it's very refreshing. I think there's a lot more to her than meets the eye. I think you see her and you just see again this beautiful Southern belle, but there is so much more to her. And she's incredibly interesting, incredibly proud and strong and independent.

And you know, does she deserve it more than anybody? You know, I don't think that's fair but I definitely am rooting for her like crazy. And you know, if - I can't remember wanting it to work so bad for somebody in a long time just because, you know, it's hard not to feel for her and it's hard not to think about what she's been through and how strong she's been and has to or have been over, you know, her life.

So yes, I mean you can't help but root for her. And I think the viewers will definitely feel that. And I know I did and so did our producers. And we're as jaded as anybody, so if we feel it, I know the viewers will love it.

Jackie Strauss: Thanks so much.

Operator: Your next question comes from Evan Real from OK! Magazine.

Evan Real: Hey, guys. How's it going?

Chris Harrison: Good, Evan. How are you? Good to have you dial in and call today. (Inaudible) from (inaudible) perspective.

Evan Real: Right. Emily is given a third chance here on this season of The Bachelorette. Why do you think it's different or more special this time around for her?

Chris Harrison: Different in that, you know, you talked about the third time around. Obviously, with the tragedy and then, you know, with Brad she thought she found someone to take over and, you know, sweep her off her feet and it just wasn't to be.

And so, she's ready and she's excited. But one thing, you know, I haven't touched on today is there's also a very vulnerable side to her. There is this side that is now getting a little worried that, you know, am I unlucky in love; am I not good at this; am I not, you know, whatever. Look, we all have our insecurities and she's no different.

And so, I think that, you know, as strong as she is, she definitely has those vulnerabilities and she's a little scared. And so, it's very different in that she's coming to this with a very just sincere perspective of what she wants in life.

It's not, you know, like Ashley there who came in and obviously fell in love with JP and it worked out great. But let's face it. If she didn't, she'd have a great life and she's gone on to be a dentist. You know, Emily really, really wants this. She really wants a father for Ricki. She really wants somebody to share in this life and have more kids. And so, it was, you know, it's a very different show from that perspective.

Evan Real: You said that Ricki's been with you guys for a lot of it. How is she processing everything that's going on around her? What does she think of mom looking for love again?

Chris Harrison: Well, I'll let Emily explain, you know, everything about Ricki, you know, what she knows, what she doesn't and all that stuff. You know, all I know, you know, she's a part of the show because she's a part of Emily's life. But at the same time, she's not a part of the show.

The guys don't see her; the guys don't meet her. She doesn't come on dates; none of that. Like, you know, early on she came, you know, because we did a Muppet date in Charlotte. It was a charity date for the children's hospital which is very near and dear to Emily.

And you know, Ricki showed up with her mom, with Emily's mom to meet the Muppets and to see the show. But the guys never saw her. The guys, you know, were gone when she came up and met Kermit.

And so, you know, while she is a part of the show, you know, we definitely kept her at arm's length and that was important to Emily. I'll let her explain it next week, you know, exactly how she's involved and what she knows and doesn't. But it's been fun.

I think for me it's been fun having another parent a part of the show because my kids are around a lot and having Ricki who's pretty close to my daughter's age around, you know, they have instant play dates and it's fun and we've had a great time

Evan Real: Definitely. And just one last question, you talked about Emily being vulnerable and having insecurities. What do you think her basic insecurity is and how is she overcoming that in this season?

Chris Harrison: Well, I mean the biggest insecurity is it's not working again. You know, obviously, with Ricki that was a tragedy. And it's not that it didn't work; it's just, you know, the tragedy took place and she lost her love. And then with Brad, it did fall apart when she thought it was perfect.

And so, I think it's just that feeling of what happens if this doesn't work. You know, I know she was - she didn't love the real world and trying to date and find somebody that way and she's come back to make it work here. And I think there's that thought of "Wow! What if this doesn't work now?"

And you know, what does she do to overcome it? You know, I don't know if she fully has. I think that's something until the end that she'll be dealing with and she'll be battling, "is this real" and "are these guys real" and "do they really love me" and is this, you know "is this right?"

You know, there's so many issues to deal with, with her that it makes for a phenomenal season because, again, it's not just this happy-go-lucky cute little single girl, you know, from the big city coming in here to do this. There's a lot more on the line.

Evan Real: All right. Thank you so much.

Operator: Your next question comes from Paige Feigenbaum from Entertainment Tonight.

Paige Feigenbaum: Good morning, Chris.

Chris Harrison: Good morning, Paige.

Paige Feigenbaum: I know you wholeheartedly believe in this process. Any chance we can ever see you star as The Bachelor?

Chris Harrison: Good question. I was waiting for that one.

Paige Feigenbaum: I know. And I'm surprised that I haven't seen you in the list (inaudible).

Chris Harrison: I know. I thought, man, I almost made it out alive. No. In all seriousness, getting out of a 22-year relationship and having just announced my divorce to the world a week ago, having two kids and trying to start a new life, I'm thinking I wouldn't exactly be a great candidate to be the bachelor right now or probably any time soon.

Paige Feigenbaum: OK. And - sorry. What else do I have for you? Now that you are coming out of that relationship, you've always had compassion for the contestants. But will you be able to offer them any more empathy now when they come to you with their heartbreaks?

Chris Harrison: You know, I always have. I don't know if you've ever talked to me or, you know, (inaudible) (in my clothes). You know, I've always stuck up and felt terrible for those of, you know, falling in love and then out of love and had heartbreak.

You know, and I've always, you know, kind of not been offended but definitely defended when, you know, the tabloids or publications would just say, "Oh, another breakup," or you know, and then say Ali and Roberto like, you know, it wasn't a big deal. It was a big deal to them, you know, and even Emily and Brad.

I know these people personally and I go to this with them on a very personal level. And having loved, myself, and now having felt heartbreak, I mean I know what these people have gone through and what they, you know - I know what they're searching for. And you know, my heart actually broke for Brad and for Emily.

And you know, it says a lot that these people do want to come back and they're still trying to find love. You know, I think that's the overall thing about this show. It's very simple. You know, it's the one thing around the world no matter what country we go to. Everybody wants love; everybody wants companionship and that's what makes this show I think so simple but so genius.

Paige Feigenbaum: Great. Thank you.

Operator: Your next question comes from William King from WABC-TV.

William King: Hey, Chris. How are you doing?

Chris Harrison: Good, William.

William King: So in looking at Emily's potential suitors, I get the impression that a lot of them are very well-established, extremely good-looking and have done, you know, really well for themselves even more so than normal. I'm wondering if that's a reflection of Emily's high standards and the fact that outside of the contacts (for) the show that Brad might have been a little too like average Joe for her taste.

Chris Harrison: That's funny. I mean no; Brad is actually as, if not more successful, than most of the guys in the show. He doesn't show it but if you dig around a little bit at how successful that guy is, I think you'd be shocked.

But as far as the guys, you know, the level of guys definitely is through the roof. But that just goes to show the guys that knew Emily was going to be the Bachelorette. And the guys that signed up, I mean they came running and lining up to have a shot at this woman.

She's a catch. I mean, my gosh, if you just look at her, you know she's a catch. But once you meet her, you know, these guys can't help but fall in love with her.

William King: And with so much emphasis on the fact that she's a single mom, how much of a factor, if any did, whether these guys had kids play into the selection process?

Chris Harrison: There's definitely single dads in here. But to her, you know, it wasn't a deal-breaker or a deal-maker. You know, she definitely knew that a guy who came in with a son or actually just a child would definitely know her a little better, maybe get her a little better and empathize with her from the start. But it definitely wouldn't, you know, make or break the situation.

You know, the good thing about Emily is, you know, despite the fact that she's a single mom, she's actually very young. And she actually wants, you know, more kids and many more kids. So she's really looking to continue this family but also start a family. So in some ways, you know, she's just like every other Bachelorette we've had in that she's looking to find that special someone and, you know, fall in love and start a family.

William King: All right. Thank you very much.

Operator: Your next question comes from Paulette Cohn from (Extremity) TV.

Paulette Cohn: Thank you. Hey, Chris, I'm back. I'm curious. You know, you've been hosting this for quite a while now. Can you talk about what being the host of a show that has bachelors and bachelorettes have taught you about love?

Chris Harrison: Oh, my gosh. I mean what I learned in 10 years of watching and, you know, learning and paying attention, it's stunning. I mean it's hard to even put into words, you know, because I'm trying to think of what one good, you know, lesson. But it's just hard to explain all the things.

I think overall it's just being I've been a lot more patient, a lot less judgmental. I think the biggest thing that I've learned is, and this is not only just this show, but also I think with age comes that wisdom of life isn't so black and white. There's a huge gray area.

And you know, when I talk to, you know - when you go back to last season, when people would ask me about Courtney and/or even when you go back to Bentley and I would start talking about them. You know, as soon as I say "but", you know, I'd say "Courtney was a little inappropriate but" and there was "oh, you drink the Kool-Aid, you're defending her."

Well, that's not necessarily the case. But I've always thought it's just not so simple. Like you can't just say, "oh, someone's mean," or "someone's a jerk" and it's that simple. Like what makes them act like that? What makes them do these things?

And I think that's more of what I've gotten out of the show and the psychologist that I've become over the last 10 years of just digging a little bit more and trying to figure out like what makes these people tick and what makes us do the things we do especially in these extraordinary situations where we're, you know, trying to find love and doing it on TV in this pressured situation.

So you know, I've learned so much about just myself, life, love over the years. But definitely, I'm a lot more patient, a lot more understanding.

Paulette Cohn: OK. Great. Thank you.

Operator: Your next question comes from Ann Oldenburg from USA Today.

Ann Oldenburg: Hi, Chris.

Chris Harrison: Hey, Ann.

Ann Oldenburg: Thanks, Paige, for asking that question. I was definitely going to ask about being a Bachelor. But anyway, Chris, is filming done or are overnight dates this week as I read somewhere and are there overnight dates this season?

Chris Harrison: We are not done. We're still in production, which is, you know, typically, you know, with The Bachelor, you know, we try to wrap things up so everybody can enjoy a good Christmas with their families. And so, there's that break.

But with The Bachelorette, our timing is kind of the exact opposite. And we go, you know, kind of right up to deadline. And so, you know, we premiere next Monday night as you guys know and we're still in production, still working.

Ann Oldenburg: And where are you? Have you gone to exotic places?

Chris Harrison: We've been - yes. I mean we started in Charlotte, which if you've never been there, it's quite exotic. We had a good time; it was good. I've never been to Charlotte so it's fun to spend some time there and live there for a while.

And then, we took off and we went to Bermuda. I went to Canada after that to host "Live With Kelly." But then the crew went to - well, we went to London. Let's see, Bermuda, London, (inaudible) and Prague. And then, we went on the hometown dates.

Ann Oldenburg: And will we see overnight dates?

Chris Harrison: That is the big question. That is a good question. You know, what is a single mother to do? And what is Emily going to do and how does she handle that? So you know, we definitely have the exotic, you know, locations and the exotic dates and then heading into, you know, our finale. But you know, that's going to be an interesting dilemma.

Ann Oldenburg: So you're not really answering that.

Chris Harrison: Well, you know, we're still in production.

Ann Oldenburg: I see. OK. And just to clarify, you were joking about the hot tubs seriously popping up. But will we see them or won't we?

Chris Harrison: I don't know. You know, honestly, I don't know if there is a hot tub scene in this season; I really don't. You know, I wish I could answer that but I'm trying to think back over where all we've been.

But I mean I know she's, you know, you'll see her in a bathing suit and we'll be on exotic beaches and locations and stuff like that. But is there a hot tub scene? I don't know.

But the thing is Emily, I think the overall question of what you're getting at is, you know, the type of season, you know, it will be as far as, you know, her sexuality and how she puts herself out there. And you know, she carries herself like a lady. She carries herself in the eyes of how she wants to be seen by her daughter. And so, she is very careful and very cognizant of that throughout the season and will always be.

Ann Oldenburg: Great. Thanks a lot.
lavenderred
lavenderred

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 26 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 8 - Media - No Discussion - Thread #1

+20
Amberish
Pierz
NCGalBecca
Ladybug82
nd4reality