SELECT CONTENT

Jillian Harris & Justin Pasutto - Bachelorette 5 - Discussion

Page 9 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jillian Harris & Justin Pasutto - Bachelorette 5 - Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Jillian Harris & Justin Pasutto - Bachelorette 5 - Discussion

Post by anders Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:06 am

I love that show.....can't wait to see Jilly take on the Hillary role.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Jillian Harris & Justin Pasutto - Bachelorette 5 - Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: Jillian Harris & Justin Pasutto - Bachelorette 5 - Discussion

Post by shoepie Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:09 am

realityfan26 wrote:
anders wrote:Anyone watch the Harry’s Law episode about a case where the wife was accused of tormenting her husband into participating in a reality show who ended committing suicide? The closing arguments mentioned Julian Hugg from Jill’s season.
I was surprised the list was so long. I remembered Julian, but all of the others - wow, so sad.

I didn't hear anyone committed suicide. Is there a list somewhere?
shoepie
shoepie

Female Posts : 2306

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:33 am

it was in the episode of Harry's Law - 'the list' was a number of actual reality show contestants who had committed suicide - they mentioined Julian Hugg and some others from different shows, some cooking shows.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by shoepie Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:38 am

anders wrote:it was in the episode of Harry's Law - 'the list' was a number of actual reality show contestants who had committed suicide - they mentioined Julian Hugg and some others from different shows, some cooking shows.

Thanks. I googled for awhile and only came up with the housewife husband. Cooking shows, eh? I watch all of the competitions. Dang. I want to know. :)
shoepie
shoepie

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:49 am

that episode was based on the Housewife suicide too.

anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by amyisrunning Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:11 am

shoepie wrote:
anders wrote:it was in the episode of Harry's Law - 'the list' was a number of actual reality show contestants who had committed suicide - they mentioined Julian Hugg and some others from different shows, some cooking shows.

Thanks. I googled for awhile and only came up with the housewife husband. Cooking shows, eh? I watch all of the competitions. Dang. I want to know. :)

I am not sure yet which were mentioned in the Harry's Law episode, but here is a list of suicides and attempted suicides from a blog posting inspired by that episode.

Sinisa Savija Expedition Robinson (Sweden)

Najai ‘Nitro’ Turpin The Contender
Kellie McGee Extreme Makeover
Danny Bonaduce Breaking Bonaduce (attempted)
Carina Stephenson The Colony (Australia)

Cheryl Kosewicz Pirate Master
Rachel Brown Hell's Kitchen Season 2
Nathan Clutter Paradise Hotel 2

Paula Goodspeed American Idol
James Terrill Supernanny
Simon Foster Wife Swap (British Version)

Ryan Jenkins Megan Wants a Millionaire
Joseph Cerniglia Kitchen Nightmares

Julien Hug Bachelorette
Fantasia Barrino American Idol (attempted)

Russell Armstrong Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
Wesley Durden Next Great Baker

http://www.tamaratattles.com/2012/04/reality-tv-suicide-list.html

amyisrunning

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:45 am

jojo47 wrote:Jillian tweeted today that she'll be on Love It or List It Vancouver.

She has done so well for herself!!

Yes, she has. Good for her.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by shoepie Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:14 am

Thank you amyisrunning!
shoepie
shoepie

Back to top Go down

Post by shoepie Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am

atem wrote:
jojo47 wrote:Jillian tweeted today that she'll be on Love It or List It Vancouver.

She has done so well for herself!!

Yes, she has. Good for her.

Oh how cool. Now maybe I will get an answer to my question about this show. I think most people know very well what is wrong with their house; the things Hilary "finds." I wonder if she wants these things to be repaired so she can sell her house and not really into them fixing it up. Some contestants opt to stay but most opt to sell.
shoepie
shoepie

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:23 am

David and Hillary were on the Marilyn Denis show and they didnt' say the percentage of Loving vs. Listing, but Hillary did say she was winning. Most of the time when the wife wants to stay, they stay, when the wife wants to move, they move.

the thing about that show is that in most cases the owners want open concept which means knocking down walls, or other structural things that eat up money and they think it can be done on a shoestring budget. Although I dont' get that Hillary doesn't take some as a contingency fund for things like this (although unforeseen roof replacment/electrical replacement) is an unknown that costs mega bucks, I find she wastes money on designer sofas......

anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by shoepie Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:39 am

anders wrote:David and Hillary were on the Marilyn Denis show and they didnt' say the percentage of Loving vs. Listing, but Hillary did say she was winning. Most of the time when the wife wants to stay, they stay, when the wife wants to move, they move.

the thing about that show is that in most cases the owners want open concept which means knocking down walls, or other structural things that eat up money and they think it can be done on a shoestring budget. Although I dont' get that Hillary doesn't take some as a contingency fund for things like this (although unforeseen roof replacment/electrical replacement) is an unknown that costs mega bucks, I find she wastes money on designer sofas......

I think the furniture is either donated or on loan for the final showing and they put their own furniture back in place. I would bet money on that. She also does a huge amount for the money she has. Most kitchen + bath overhaul would eat up most of $45 grand.

I am sure there are contestants who know the problems, want them fixed and will take whatever she can do beyond that too. Sometimes it is very obvious who will list it from the get go.
shoepie
shoepie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:04 am

anders wrote:David and Hillary were on the Marilyn Denis show and they didnt' say the percentage of Loving vs. Listing, but Hillary did say she was winning. Most of the time when the wife wants to stay, they stay, when the wife wants to move, they move.

To the bolded: I agree! I never understand why she doesn't seem to have a contingency fund in place. She always seems to either have already spent the budget or allotted every penny to something else. She promises sooo much then can't follow through because of all the unexpected stuff. Being in the housing/construction industry myself, that part of the show drives me nuts. One never knows for sure what they will find when they start opening up walls or adding on and joining into existing construction. And she should better prepare for that!

I do think her final product is great! But I don't think I've seen one episode yet that she actually gives the homeowners everything they ask for because of unforeseen complications. That's my biggest problem with the show. Now I do know that most people are not realistic on what they can actually get for the amount their willing to spend. Most want a million dollar mansion or renovation for like $50,000. But I just think if she had an engineer walk through with her when she's promising to knock down a load bearing wall that should not be messed with on such a small budget, etc. and placing a % of the budget in a contingency fund would make her better prepared. JMO.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 44 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Jillian Harris & Justin Pasutto - Bachelorette 5 - Discussion

+114
ElonM
Topazgold
mindless
Sheokaf
mprssdbyu