SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3

Page 3 of 56 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 29 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3

Post by shannonmac Wed May 30, 2012 11:41 am

Fleurdesel wrote:
shannonmac wrote: Emily said in an interview with Extra that "Kissing is okay- thats what being the bachelorette is all about".
I assume from that when she was upset with Brad is wasn't about the kissing.

So if that is true- what will be different about what she does going forward. Was she upset with Brad because he made it seem that he had a strong relationship with several women and there wasn't necessarily a front runner- therefore hard decision? If that is the case maybe as time goes on we will not see Emily leading the men on after she has made her decision. Maybe she will send 2 men home at the FRC? Maybe not. Maybe her words to them will not lead them to believe she is in love with them and therefore the in the editing it will be clear that Jef is her one and only.

Not sure but it will be interesting to see how she interprets what she does differently than what Brad did

I remember Emily saying that Brad made it "too easy" for some of the ladies, that he kind of "led" some women on...something like that, I'm sure someone will recall specifically...I truly don't think it was only about the kissing...and I'M OK with the kissing...but the "tongue" part... you can maybe reserved that for your "top" guys...JMO..JMO You do have to "test" the products you know...and with guys life Arie, Jef and Sean... giggling blowkiss

LOL! High clap
shannonmac
shannonmac

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3

Post by lavenderred Wed May 30, 2012 12:18 pm

This tweet was overlooked until I saw an article about it.

paradisekitti ‏@ParadiseKitti
@cassielambert is it true that you told arie youd help him win the show ??
12:05 AM - 29 May 12

23h Cassie Lambert ‏@cassielambert
@ParadiseKitti of course not. don't believe everything you read.
12:08 AM - 29 May 12

‘The Bachelorette’ producer denies setting up Arie Luyendyk to win

Every season on “The Bachelorette,” there are always all sorts of rumors that end up popping up all across the internet — and on this occasion, Arie Luyendyk (otherwise known as the first person to get a kiss this season from Emily Maynard) is front and center.
Last week, show spoiler-master Reality Steve posted a story with a whole heap of negative information about the IndyCar driver, including that he was “juggling” multiple women at the time filming started for the season and that he only appeared on the show after his ex Cassie Lambert (who is a producer) told him that she would help ensure he would make it far. There’s all sorts of other details in there about their past relationship and the women that Arie has dated since (including the one he referenced during his one-on-one date Monday night), but that is the punchiest bit of the story in a nutshell.

Since we have one side of the story via anonymous sources, we might as well look at what Lambert herself had to say about the talk. When asked this rumor on Tuesday on Twitter, Cassie was quick to deny giving him such an unfair advantage in any way:
“of course [Arie was not promised anything]. don’t believe everything you read.”

Will we ever know the full story here? It’s hard to say, but we do have to say for one perspective it seems awful silly to think that someone like Lambert would risk her job and the integrity of the show just to get a guy far on a dating show — after all, we’ve already had enough drama courtesy of “Bachelor” producers with the Rozlyn Papa scandal.

We’re not going to spoiler how well Arie actually does this season, mostly because it is A) mere speculation and B) there are some viewers who actually still like to be surprised watching the show. All we can say is that he certainly seems to be one of Emily’s favorites so far — but anything can happen over the course of this season and we’ll just have to wait and see what transpires.
http://cartermatt.com/18099/the-bachelorette-producer-denies-setting-up-arie-luyendyk-to-win/
lavenderred
lavenderred

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 12:30 pm

I dont have a problem with Dainty being the next B.

But I do find it tacky for Cassie to test-drive Dainty (even if it was 9-10 yrs ago) and not expect people to look askance at her when she puts her sloppy seconds on the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Wed May 30, 2012 12:58 pm

who's Dainty ?
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by lavenderred Wed May 30, 2012 1:01 pm

bilolo wrote:who's Dainty ?
A condescending term that Ryan used to describe Arie. hmmm
lavenderred
lavenderred

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Wed May 30, 2012 1:08 pm

lavenderred wrote:
Then why seton is using it as well huh that's not cool
bilolo
bilolo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 1:21 pm

bilolo wrote:
lavenderred wrote:

Um, dont presume you know why I do jack crap. Ryan may have called Arie "dainty" for whatever reason, but I happen to like Dainty, both the dude and the word. Normally, I would stop calling him that if it offends someone that much, but I am not going to in this case since you just judged me when u dont know me at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Wed May 30, 2012 1:36 pm

seton wrote:
bilolo wrote:
lavenderred wrote:

Um, dont presume you know why I do jack crap. Ryan may have called Arie "dainty" for whatever reason, but I happen to like Dainty, both the dude and the word. Normally, I would stop calling him that if it offends someone that much, but I am not going to in this case since you just judged me when u dont know me at all.
i do not judge you, i asked what dainty was (english is not my forst language) and the response is a condescending term that Ryan used to describe Arie
it does not offend me but if it's not a good word then why call him that
i am sorry if you feel that i judged you, i did not mean to do so
bilolo
bilolo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosepetal Wed May 30, 2012 1:45 pm

seton wrote:
bilolo wrote:
lavenderred wrote:

Ladies, don't get upset with each other. I see this as a language barrier. Dainty the word itself is not condescending. It means soft, nice, desirable. The way Ryan used it was to insinuate that Arie job as a racecar driver wasn't as manly as his so Arie wasn't as manly as he was.
Rosepetal
Rosepetal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 1:51 pm

bilolo is from Senegal ( I believe) and has admitted that English is not her first language. (In many cultures, the word 'dainty' has gay connotations when referencing a guy.)

Seton uses words that may mean something different to her than to others. (In many cultures, jack cr** is very rude terminology)

Please, let's cut each other some slack.
Respect is not that difficult to administer on an anonymous board is it??

Last edited by JordynRoses on Wed May 30, 2012 1:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 30, 2012 1:51 pm

Ok, let me explain further.

The English word "dainty" by itself is not a "condescending" or negative term. Maybe the way Ryan used it was condescending since he didnt understand Arie. But I am not Ryan. I am a chick and I would say things like "dainty cup" or "dainty hands". To me, Dainty is a neutral word, just an adjective, nothing more.

When Ryan called Arie "dainty", it did tickle my funny bone because it was so unexpected. Not because I necessarily agreed with him. It's just a word that not many people use anymore. So, calling Arie Dainty recalls a funny moment for me but not because I agreed with Ryan. I like Arie as I said many times. I am meh on Ryan.

Back to top Go down

Post by shannonmac Wed May 30, 2012 2:12 pm

In the younger generation of men in N. America (of which my sons and their friends are) calling another guy "dainty" would not be considered just a differentiating or neutral adjective. It would be considered negative.

So Seton while you weren't using it in a negative connotation- dear Ryan appeared to be and hopefully it was scripted or encouraged by the bachelor machine or maybe hopefully it was a joke that the Ryan and Arie used amoungst themselves in the house that we weren't privvy to. I hope Ryan isn't oblivious enough to throw a negative out there on national Tv (unless it was an inside joke)- he seemed like he was a better guy than that.

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3 - Page 3 MKlsyCO1DkuPott_QDvNqg2
shannonmac
shannonmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 56 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 29 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 8 - Media - Thread #3

+113
BachfanNY
Pierz
joliepaige
sopearl
lapcoffee