SELECT CONTENT

VO & PI's - Discussion - Thread #1

Page 29 of 52 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 40 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

VO & PI's - Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 29 Empty Re: VO & PI's - Discussion - Thread #1

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:14 am

Thanks, JBF! This is so helpful!! Gives us a lot to mull over. bowdown

Back to top Go down

VO & PI's - Discussion - Thread #1 - Page 29 Empty Re: VO & PI's - Discussion - Thread #1

Post by bluwavz Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:15 am

Alanna wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
Regarding the part I bolded, are we sure this is about Bentley? Are there any editing clues with this one? Any splices, etc.?

Pretty sure it's him because she was wearing the same blue top as the group date and it's ITMs and not PIs IIRC. Ugh. What a mind$%@, she never would have felt like that if Bentley wasn't the only one to take care of her during that date. no no

You're right, Alanna. It was an ITM. Gag. Could it maybe have been about someone else on that date, though? I remember Ryan comforted her, too.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:19 am

Alanna wrote:
JBanana wrote:
Alanna wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:
Regarding the part I bolded, are we sure this is about Bentley? Are there any editing clues with this one? Any splices, etc.?

Pretty sure it's him because she was wearing the same blue top as the group date and it's ITMs and not PIs IIRC. Ugh. What a mind$%@, she never would have felt like that if Bentley wasn't the only one to take care of her during that date. no no

sorry for being slow on the uptake here, but what's the difference between an ITM and PI? I guess I don't know what ITM stands for. thanks!

ITM: In the moment, they're wearing the same clothes and same setting as what they're talking about.
PI: Private interview, they're wearing different clothes and it's a different setting than the time and place they're talking about.
HTH! :D

ETA: At least that's how I always understood it. It seems San thinks they're the same? :greenman:

No I think you are right on! bowdown
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:19 am

Since I'm learning all the new acronyms - what is ETA?

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:20 am

KarmaGirl wrote:Since I'm learning all the new acronyms - what is ETA?

Edited to add.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:21 am

San wrote:
No I think you are right on! bowdown

LOL, you made me nervous! :P :hug:

Blu, I'd like to think so but I can't see Ashley feeling "safe" or "secure" with Ryan, even if he also comforted her. Good news is that she feels all of that and more with the right man now so I'm happy. :smooch:

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:24 am

Alanna wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:

Just that word "honestly" always bugs me... as if it is some "cue" that she is now An Actress.

Now, maybe in an upcoming episode with Jordan, I'll hear her say "honestly". So far, I haven't caught any in his scenes, but have heard them in conversations with Bentley, William, both Bens, Dino, Ryan... even Chris Harrison. Not Jay-Pee though. He gets the line "I want to be 100% honest with you"! No honestlies for him.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:38 am

Alanna wrote:
JBanana wrote:
Alanna wrote:
mnmhughes wrote:

sorry for being slow on the uptake here, but what's the difference between an ITM and PI? I guess I don't know what ITM stands for. thanks!

ITM: In the moment, they're wearing the same clothes and same setting as what they're talking about.
PI: Private interview, they're wearing different clothes and it's a different setting than the time and place they're talking about.
HTH! :D

ETA: At least that's how I always understood it. It seems San thinks they're the same? :greenman:

thanks for explaining! I was using PI for all of it but it makes sense that they are different.

I is learning! :geek:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:51 am

JBF wrote:We shall see if anybody gets these quotes...
Episode #6: I’ve been so excited all day just cause I know I have a date with JP tonight. To be honest [sounds better than "honestly" to me] this is the most excited I’ve been for a date since I’ve been here. (Let's just hope she's talking about Hong Kong and not since she started this show. Of course, if it is since she started the show, then her first date with Jordan wasn't as good... "The last date that we had was right after Bentley left and I had so much going on that I wasn’t really able to focus on our date so I feel like tonight is the first chance for me to lay everything out there and open up and really take steps forward in our relationship.")

Is that what you are getting at?

I actually would not be surprised if "since I've been here" meant since starting the show. The first date with Jordan was important and strategic but pales in comparison to the significance of this date with Jordan in Hong Kong.

Try as I might I just can't disconnect Emily's reaction to actually seeing the show air and Brad's "performances" with the other women and the impact I think this had on Ashley and how she "ran" her own show. I keep thinking that Ashley had her eye on the ball about everything that happened and how she would be able to explain it to her F1 - she does not want to repeat the last season. The Hong Kong 1-1 with Jordan was hugely significant because it explains anything that Jordan would see about Bentley to him as soon as it could possibly be explained.

Emotionally you can't start something new until you've stopped something old. We saw how Jordan was comfortable enough with his closure to talk about it easily and openly with Ashley which suggests it really is in his past and he's not hanging on to it. By explaining to Jordan what he will inevitably see when this show airs, Ashley puts it behind both them both.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:37 am

Lucas15 wrote:
Episode #6: I’ve been so excited all day just cause I know I have a date with JP tonight. To be honest [sounds better than "honestly" to me] this is the most excited I’ve been for a date since I’ve been here. (Let's just hope she's talking about Hong Kong and not since she started this show. Of course, if it is since she started the show, then her first date with Jordan wasn't as good... "The last date that we had was right after Bentley left and I had so much going on that I wasn’t really able to focus on our date so I feel like tonight is the first chance for me to lay everything out there and open up and really take steps forward in our relationship.")

I actually would not be surprised if "since I've been here" meant since starting the show. The first date with Jordan was important and strategic but pales in comparison to the significance of this date with Jordan in Hong Kong.

Try as I might I just can't disconnect Emily's reaction to actually seeing the show air and Brad's "performances" with the other women and the impact I think this had on Ashley and how she "ran" her own show. I keep thinking that Ashley had her eye on the ball about everything that happened and how she would be able to explain it to her F1 - she does not want to repeat the last season. The Hong Kong 1-1 with Jordan was hugely significant because it explains anything that Jordan would see about Bentley to him as soon as it could possibly be explained.

Emotionally you can't start something new until you've stopped something old. We saw how Jordan was comfortable enough with his closure to talk about it easily and openly with Ashley which suggests it really is in his past and he's not hanging on to it. By explaining to Jordan what he will inevitably see when this show airs, Ashley puts it behind both them both.

Jordan did admit in his vblog that he was quite surprised by all he saw this season on air. Can't remember his exact words. Yet, he also stated he had a different "take" on it all than the rest of us. Simply put: those two discussed a lot more about Bentley... and she knew they (the editors) would make her relationship with him even greater than it was, a.k.a. Ali/Frank.

Just clarifying my personal take on Bentley here.

She considered him an "alternative choice" to Jordan, developed very strong feelings for him in a span of 24 hours or so (thanks to his confirmation that Michelle Money can't be trusted), was upset by his sudden departure (in addition to her other #2 guy William running away from her on the group date) and still needed the dot-dot-dot over with before she could move "full throttle" with Jordan. Was Bentley EVER a Final 1 choice for her and was she ready to move to Salt Lake City... really? I don't think so. Again, that word "honestly" was juggled a lot with Bentley's scenes, suggesting that she was just analyzing the situation out-loud and the possibility of him being the one.

Her feelings were also really messed up that episode #3 week. That line about seeing her husband in the room and he's not there (paraphrasing) is one I'm still having trouble digesting... yet, if her emotions were all over the place... well... all kinds of stuff was coming out of her mouth. When she said she fell for William on half a date, she also said "I can't believe I just said that." I have the feeling she used those same lines after talking about Bentley and those craftly editors left it all out. When she stated possibly moving to Salt Lake, she may have also said "I would also move to NYC in a heartbeat" but... OF COURSE... that would be deleted from final show as well. So much lovely lop and chop to make her messy emotions twice as messy on screen.

Maybe I just have a filthy, filthy, filthy mind, but I think that Las Vegas suite was something she WANTED for her top choice. Production couldn't exactly say No to her, but they could have things work in their favor by making it a coin toss with one of her other destined-to-be-dumped dudes Mickey. (Jordan to Mickey: "I'll cook you breakfast.") Watching her with Mickey in that suite was like watching Martha Stewart woo Henry Kissinger. (Love how much lipstick she wears all the time with these guys, but is repeatedly wiping it off before she sees Jordan.) Then there was that dramatic pre-planned comedy roast (I can hear Willie's manager telling him to roast her well and we'll "pull a few strings") and Bentley's pre-planned departure to make her oh-so-not-in-the-mood for her official jammy session with her man ("that sucks because JP is a really good guy and he deserves to see the best in me and he’s not going to"). This is what made episode #1's call-to-Matt's-mom scene about remembering "the protection" and Tim falling asleep after being "scared" by her twice as funny to me. Everybody on this forum talking about episode #5, when she was "feeling off" over shots of Jordan at the pre-RC meeting (that ol' Bentley on my mind crap), was a multi-post jokefest about her suffering PMS. I think it was something totally different... gotta keep Bentley on the brain just to keep them darn urges in check!

Remember that scene in the X-rated 1971 cartoon Fritz the Cat? After he "scores", he screams "more power to the people!" or some other revolutionary line. I still can't get past Harrison's "happy place" and "cocky" comments about her being confident telling the Bentley in Hong Kong stuff to the other guys. OK... maybe NOTHING happened the night before... maybe what they did was no different than "holding hands" (great reference from Dustin Hoffman's Benjamin Braddock in The Graduate). Although I think the Jordan Jealousy Junk was ballooned out of proportion by the editors (even though he was upset a little by the kissing, he was clearly gushing and happy during the photo shoot and Ames couldn't blink or lift his jaw from the floor watching... Lucas was just laughing since he had been aware of "Jordash" for a while), the production crew knew fully well that this guy would NOT be taking her dates well (including an "overnight" with Ben) if what-I-think-happened happened...
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:42 am

Lucas15 wrote:

This is a very good post, Lucas. I have been thinking a lot about Ashley's conversation with JP on the Hong Kong date and what she said in her blog of this episode and how it relates to what you have stated above.

These are Ashley's words to JP when she told him that Bentley came to Hong Kong and she got closure:
I want to be 100% honest with you. I don't want you to look back and say 'well, why didn't she tell me this was going on?'. And the reason I'm telling you is I feel so strongly for you. I want you to know about the whole journey. I want to not leave here feeling regret and I don't want to leave here feeling like I have unfinished business.
These are Ashley's words in a PI they showed at Victoria's Peak,
I started out this week putting closure to something that was very emotional for me. It was difficult but also it needed to happen and tonight is the reason it needed to happen.
These are Ashley's words in her episode 6 blog:
Truth is the only way to build a real love. And in more ways than one, this episode marks the beginning of my beautiful, truthful, honest, genuine love story.
The above listed quotes from Ashley are the most significant reasons why I am still convinced JP is F1.
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:35 am

"Just for fun, let's just play a little with words here... all taken from key quotes this season.

1.) My photo shoot with Lucas is a traditional Taiwanese set-up and, because he is just a traditional southern guy, I thought maybe this be best suited for him.
2.) JP lucked out with this date. He’s sporting the traditional tux and he looks great. The pressure is on because he’s the one that’s in the most traditional outfit for us."

I had assumed that the tptb decided who got which suit of clothing to wear but apparantly Ashley decided.....Hmmm

clueless

Female Posts : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 52 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 40 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

VO & PI's - Discussion - Thread #1

+72
pavalygurl
skitts
Shadow
onlyme
Cecilia