SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you? - Thread #1

Page 45 of 47 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What is happening around you? - Thread #1 - Page 45 Empty Re: What is happening around you? - Thread #1

Post by Love_Me Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:08 am

NCGalBecca wrote:Thank you for all the well wishes. After 12 days in the ICU, my hubby has finally turned the corner after some very scary times. He'll be in the hospital a little while longer to recuperate. I have a cold and can't visit until tomorrow - about to go crazy - thank goodness for Facetime so I can see him and chat!

Seriously, if you think you're coming down with the flu or something, see a Dr stat. The ICU is full of normally healthy people fighting for their lives due to the bugs out there.

I am so happy to hear your husband is on the mend. I hope you feel better soon. Let us know if you need anything.

kisses :thismuch:
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

What is happening around you? - Thread #1 - Page 45 Empty Re: What is happening around you? - Thread #1

Post by Admin Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:06 am

Hey guys! On Monday I start student teaching 2-4 year olds, yes we do try to help them learn early! lol I'm nervous, but excited too! Not sure what to expect! Any advice?
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:59 am

sanlee088 wrote:Hey guys! On Monday I start student teaching 2-4 year olds, yes we do try to help them learn early! laugh out loud I'm nervous, but excited too! Not sure what to expect! Any advice?
I teach this age and you will absolutely love it San! I do art every day, they love sensory play, and doing story/dance/singing. You will be surprised how quickly they catch onto a schedule and correct you if you deviate from said schedule. Make sure that you are firm on expectations because even though they are cute they will try to take advantage of you giggling do they do sign language or Spanish....if they do incorporate that as much as possible because they will love that you are doing things they are familiar with.

Other then that have fun with it. Be creative try new things and most importantly know that they won't judge you like college kids will when you dance and sing like a fool :gotcha:
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:19 am

CarrieA wrote:
sanlee088 wrote:Hey guys! On Monday I start student teaching 2-4 year olds, yes we do try to help them learn early! laugh out loud I'm nervous, but excited too! Not sure what to expect! Any advice?
I teach this age and you will absolutely love it San! I do art every day, they love sensory play, and doing story/dance/singing. You will be surprised how quickly they catch onto a schedule and correct you if you deviate from said schedule. Make sure that you are firm on expectations because even though they are cute they will try to take advantage of you giggling do they do sign language or Spanish....if they do incorporate that as much as possible because they will love that you are doing things they are familiar with.

Other then that have fun with it. Be creative try new things and most importantly know that they won't judge you like college kids will when you dance and sing like a fool :gotcha:

Thank you so much Carrie for the advice! It is much appreciated. bestbud! What specific age group do you have? 2, 3, 4, or all? laugh out loud
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:28 am

sanlee088 wrote:
CarrieA wrote:

Thank you so much Carrie for the advice! It is much appreciated. bestbud! What specific age group do you have? 2, 3, 4, or all? laugh out loud

I work with every age and float around the rooms throughout the day if needed for lunch breaking purposes. I started with 2 year olds this summer and work there for a couple months straight but now I work mainly with the infants because thats where I love working. I love the milestones they achieve and developmental tasks they learn. I also work with the 3-4 year olds that I started with who moved up (preschool). Depends on the day of the week but we try to keep things as stable as possible for the kids and try to remain in the same room throughout the day. The kids I work with are like my own and I love them to death. You are going to build awesome memories with these little ones and make a huge difference in teaching them with your talent and passion! They will love you! cheerleader
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:51 am

sanlee088 wrote:Hey guys! On Monday I start student teaching 2-4 year olds, yes we do try to help them learn early! lol I'm nervous, but excited too! Not sure what to expect! Any advice?

Awww good for you, San. You will be wonderful at this. One thing that still amazes me is the things they teach these ages now days and how quickly they catch onto it. No need to be nervous. I see you taking to it like a duck to water and them to you. ( one of my mother's old sayings LOL ).
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:54 am

While I'm on this thread, I wanted to check on NCGal's husband. Is he doing better and about to come home or is he still pretty bad? That flu has been a monster this season.. I hope he's improving daily.. :yes:
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:33 am

San, you will be a wonderful teacher. Those children are blessed to have you in their loves.

What is happening around you? - Thread #1 - Page 45 189902897 What is happening around you? - Thread #1 - Page 45 486465441

Thoughts and prayers are with your husband and family, NCGal! What is happening around you? - Thread #1 - Page 45 3110612249
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:27 pm

Good luck, San, with your new job. I envy you. Way back in the day before I married and changed careers, I taught that age. What fun! So sweet and curious!

My husband is still in the hospital but improving. He left ICU and is in the bone marrow unit again for safety. He's doing lots of physical therapy after being unconscious for over 12 days. He's supposed to move from Duke to a PT rehabilitation facility early next week if the weekend goes ok. Thanks for all of the well wishes, everyone and take care!

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:13 pm

NCGalBecca wrote:Good luck, San, with your new job. I envy you. Way back in the day before I married and changed careers, I taught that age. What fun! So sweet and curious!

My husband is still in the hospital but improving. He left ICU and is in the bone marrow unit again for safety. He's doing lots of physical therapy after being unconscious for over 12 days. He's supposed to move from Duke to a PT rehabilitation facility early next week if the weekend goes ok. Thanks for all of the well wishes, everyone and take care!

Thank for the update on him. So glad to hear he's making progress. He has a lot of thoughts and prayers for him coming from here. : )
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:17 pm

San, you'll be wonderful! Keep us updated on how its going!

Becca, so glad to hear he's continuing to make progress! Let us know if there's anything else we can do. Lots of love, thoughts and prayers! group hug
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:23 am

Thank you everyone for the kind words! I really appreciate it! blowkiss

CarrieA wrote:
sanlee088 wrote:
CarrieA wrote:

I work with every age and float around the rooms throughout the day if needed for lunch breaking purposes. I started with 2 year olds this summer and work there for a couple months straight but now I work mainly with the infants because thats where I love working. I love the milestones they achieve and developmental tasks they learn. I also work with the 3-4 year olds that I started with who moved up (preschool). Depends on the day of the week but we try to keep things as stable as possible for the kids and try to remain in the same room throughout the day. The kids I work with are like my own and I love them to death. You are going to build awesome memories with these little ones and make a huge difference in teaching them with your talent and passion! They will love you! cheerleader

Thanks Carrie! I am very excited about it, but nervous that I won't be able to handle it all at first. I'll learn though. I may be just getting the 2 year olds and I don't know much about them though because throughout the semesters, we've only really learned about 3-4 year olds and how they learn. I may need to ask you some questions throughout the semester through PM. laugh out loud

@NCGalBecca, still praying for your husband that he has a quick recovery! Praying
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 45 of 47 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 44, 45, 46, 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you? - Thread #1

+64
jelle
richmondrose
skitts
glazedover
dw_a_mom