SELECT CONTENT

The Voice - Season 3 - Spoilers - Discussion

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Voice - Season 3 -  Spoilers - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: The Voice - Season 3 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by HowSoonIsNow Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:08 pm

My favs so far:

Blake: Terry, then Michaela

Xtina: Sylvia, then Adriana
(though DeBorah is a fabulous realty-show character)

Ceelo: Cody, then Nicholas
(though Trevin also makes a fabulous reality-show character)

Adam: Amanda, then Bryan or Melanie,
though for longevity, Loren could have been more surprising/interesting
Bryan & Melanie are one-trick ponies, but good ones.
HowSoonIsNow
HowSoonIsNow

Back to top Go down

The Voice - Season 3 -  Spoilers - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: The Voice - Season 3 - Spoilers - Discussion

Post by Ladybug82 Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:08 pm

I was disappointed that Julio wasn't picked by votes, instead of Cassadee. I knew when it came down to Blake choosing, he probably wouldn't get saved when he was up against Liz and Michaela. I thought for a minute that Blake was going to go with Liz because he kept saying go with my heart...and thought he was meaning his love of country. But he had mentioned several times in Michaela's video package and after her performance that he loved her and her attitude.

The rest went pretty much as expected. Can't say I was too excited or disappointed either way on them...

Last edited by Ladybug82 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:58 am

I was really happy that Dez went home last night. I like Cody but think he probably should go also. Team Xtina is no more. I like Amanda and have grown to really like Melanie so think Adam's team is strong but one of the others could sneak in there including Cassadee & even Nicholas who seems to be a fan favorite. Who'd have thought that coming in? :Smiley:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:50 am

Anyone else still watching? I was very disappointed that Amanda went home. I really thought she was a shoo in. I'd take her over any of the others. I like Terry & Nicholas but they're so stuck in a genre. This is looking like another season where a guy will likely win. I can't believe I'm going to root for Cassadee but I'm so over guys winning these shows.

Last edited by albean99 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by DMBFan Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Aww, I haven't watched the results show. I'm sad about Amanda leaving too. I thought she nailed her songs this week too. I see Melanie went home too, not surprised about that one.

I don't like Cassadee and not sure why she's on this show. I think she's a little too seasoned to be on this show given her musical history. I'd like to see a more unknown artist win.

I love, love, love Terry but can't see a rocker winning it. Not a fan of Trevan's style of music even though he has a fabulous voice.

As far as marketability and record sales, Cassadee and Nicholas I think will be final 2.

DMBFan

Female Posts : 1549

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Nicholas has a wonderful voice but don't see him as marketable. Cassadee has grown on me although she's nowhere near my favorite. She seems the most marketable of the top 4. Terry is sweet & a very good singer but so 80's rock. I can't stand the songs Trevan chooses to sing although he has a great voice. I really wanted Amanda in it but not sure she'd have won either. Women seem to be at a disadvantage on singing shows these days. I don't watch X Factor so no idea about that one.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by HowSoonIsNow Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:35 pm

Well last year's XF USA had Melanie Amaro as the winner, so we know that women can still win in the modern era, and this year's XF USA is looking like Carly Rose Sonnenclar will win, and if so, that will be 2 female winners in a row for XF USA. Both women were far and away better than the field, so women can win so long as they are "better than the best" and young (i.e. under 22ish).

Amanda is just too good for a reality show. She sounds like a singer's singer, maybe she trained at Julliard or Berklee? If she were under 18, she'd get admiration & votes as being a wunderkid. Plus she's way too put-together & agreeable, kinda like an actress, a TV host, or an anchorwoman. Reality TV loves its extroverts, its cray-crays, and its odd birds, whereas Amanda came across as too normal. She might have won an early American Idol season, when they really did want you to excel at every genre in its original form. To succeed as a mainstream artist today, she'll need to rough up her vocals and her image a bit - wear a tshirt with those red leather pants, mess up that farrah-fawcett flip hair, etc. I saw a video of her performing at The Apollo several years ago - she's sporting a '70s 'fro, which made her image is light-years cooler than the current soccer-mom look.

Of the final 4, I think Cassadee is most marketable, but perhaps more in the country-pop field ala TSwift (she certainly sings better than TSwift LOL) instead of the staid Pop-Rock field. She was already in Pop-Rock with Hey Monday, so I imagine a slight change in direction would make more sense. But I await EPs from Terry and Nicholas, as well as Amanda and Melanie.

Trevin has the opposite problem of Amanda. He is just too green - he has the vocal chops but doesn't quite know how to use them yet. A year or two with a vocal coach should do him wonders. I think he could out-CeeLo CeeLo someday.
HowSoonIsNow
HowSoonIsNow

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:09 pm

I was happy with Cassadee winning out of the f3. I think she's improved all season. It was nice seeing Amanda & Bryan last night. Overall a good season.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Voice - Season 3 - Spoilers - Discussion

5 posters
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum