SELECT CONTENT

Episode 6 - November 7th - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 6 - November 7th - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 15 Empty Re: Episode 6 - November 7th - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by anders Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:19 pm

they wanted Moana for the drama vs good girl Sarah.

he saw that Moana was an emotional mess, plus he like Susan more.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Episode 6 - November 7th - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 15 Empty Re: Episode 6 - November 7th - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by HowSoonIsNow Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:51 pm

anders wrote:
ja1968 wrote:sigh...here we go again.

We have also seen countless times when the one with the physical chemistry is not the one in the end. That is what this is a "physical edit" it has been said over and over. Not real connection just lust. I personally think all signs point to Bianka and it has been my feeling that they have since the beginning. We will see.

And we've times when the chemistry edit has been F1 - JP/Ash, Ali/Roberto, Mary/Byron.

I'm just not putting all my eggs in one basket - to me, there is a case for either girl being F1, but I lean more towards it being Bianka.

and why is it soooo exhausting that some of us don't share your opinion???

this is the first season since Deanna that we've not been spoiled as to f1 is - having differing opinions helps to put things into perspective.

ITA with the bolded. It's very interesting and informative to hear the different viewpoints, along with the various slices of Bach/ette history being given as case studies to support those viewpoints! That's why I come to sites like this. If I just wanted to read my own opinion spewed back at me multiple times, I can save myself some time and just listen to myself think while I'm driving or doing dishes.

IMO the edit of the past episode is the most significant of the entire series. I think usually the storyboarding in the 2nd half of the series is done with the FRC results known, and so the narrative is meant to guide the viewer to expect and accept the eventual F1 (even if you don't "like" her). Brad's one statement to Kara in the target practice game - that he's looking for someone he gets along with, who he can resolve conflict with, and who even the annoying things don't annoy him - was used in the edit on purpose, as the entire narrative of that episode spins around that statement. Especially the editing of both Whitney and Bianka as polar opposite case studies wrt conflict resolution and emotional self-management. IMO the narrative is leading us to a Bianka as F1 conclusion.

OTOH I agree with you that despite the edit, Brad & Bianka don't seem as "into" each other as we are used to seeing in Bach/ette USA. Maybe this is the realistic result of a shortened cycle (fewer episodes means less time to get to know each other). Maybe she's a default F1, OTOH maybe she's just where his personal journey takes him to by the end of the season. In real life, if he had met Whitney & Bianka at the same party, he might have dated Whitney for a month and been over it, then started to date Bianka but had a real LTR there. Does that mean Bianka is a default, or does that mean Brad is now wiser than he was before? (Assuming of course that Bianka is as good as she's being portrayed.). My 2cents.
HowSoonIsNow
HowSoonIsNow

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:56 pm

Bachelor Brad Smith‏@bradcsmith

Just watched @bachelorCA Women Tell All, I think some minds will be blown ......!! Have some faith in the Kid!

Brad tweeted these today.

Bachelor Brad Smith‏@bradcsmith

@bachelorCA Tomorrow is the big day...."The Women Rip Brad" ..I mean...The Women Tell All... Can't wait for this one! #bachelorcanada

Love his sense of humor.

Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:13 pm

HowSoonIsNow wrote:
anders wrote:

We have also seen countless times when the one with the physical chemistry is not the one in the end. That is what this is a "physical edit" it has been said over and over. Not real connection just lust. I personally think all signs point to Bianka and it has been my feeling that they have since the beginning. We will see.

And we've times when the chemistry edit has been F1 - JP/Ash, Ali/Roberto, Mary/Byron.

I'm just not putting all my eggs in one basket - to me, there is a case for either girl being F1, but I lean more towards it being Bianka.

this is the first season since Deanna that we've not been spoiled as to f1 is - having differing opinions helps to put things into perspective.

ITA with the bolded. It's very interesting and informative to hear the different viewpoints, along with the various slices of Bach/ette history being given as case studies to support those viewpoints! That's why I come to sites like this. If I just wanted to read my own opinion spewed back at me multiple times, I can save myself some time and just listen to myself think while I'm driving or doing dishes.

IMO the edit of the past episode is the most significant of the entire series. I think usually the storyboarding in the 2nd half of the series is done with the FRC results known, and so the narrative is meant to guide the viewer to expect and accept the eventual F1 (even if you don't "like" her). Brad's one statement to Kara in the target practice game - that he's looking for someone he gets along with, who he can resolve conflict with, and who even the annoying things don't annoy him - was used in the edit on purpose, as the entire narrative of that episode spins around that statement. Especially the editing of both Whitney and Bianka as polar opposite case studies wrt conflict resolution and emotional self-management. IMO the narrative is leading us to a Bianka as F1 conclusion.

OTOH I agree with you that despite the edit, Brad & Bianka don't seem as "into" each other as we are used to seeing in Bach/ette USA. Maybe this is the realistic result of a shortened cycle (fewer episodes means less time to get to know each other). Maybe she's a default F1, OTOH maybe she's just where his personal journey takes him to by the end of the season. In real life, if he had met Whitney & Bianka at the same party, he might have dated Whitney for a month and been over it, then started to date Bianka but had a real LTR there. Does that mean Bianka is a default, or does that mean Brad is now wiser than he was before? (Assuming of course that Bianka is as good as she's being portrayed.). My 2cents.

In regards to your 2 cents, I think it is great to read everyone's 2 cents!! That is what the message boards are all about. The sharing of each members opinions, whether you agree or not.
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by Starshine_16 Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:45 pm

Personally I think Whitney will be F1. I think so many people are...not necessarily underestimating her but just stuck on what has been the editing patterns for this type of show.I see something with Whitney & Brad.

Nephew: Christopher
Niece: Lillian
Nephew: Griffin
I am a proud aunt!
Starshine_16
Starshine_16

Female Posts : 1017

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirzam Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:52 pm

Starshine_16 wrote:Personally I think Whitney will be F1. I think so many people are...not necessarily underestimating her but just stuck on what has been the editing patterns for this type of show.I see something with Whitney & Brad.

:yes: Quite possible.
Mirzam
Mirzam

Female Posts : 3061

Back to top Go down

Post by newfiegirl Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Love reading the different opinions and having the freedom of expression. I keep reminding myself this is a reality tv show and as such will be edited to draw in viewers so I don't get too invested other than trying to sleuth out the storyline the producers are pitching to us viewers. I like the aha moment when I have been able to identify future scenes or choices based on screen caps. I love seeing the other points of view and discoveries made by others on this site. I won't be upset with who he chooses in the end as it is his choice and it will play out whether it is for real or otherwise, it's been entertaining to watch. Sort of like watching the Amazing Race or Survivor I develop my favorites and the only difference here is the 'prize' at the end of Bach Canada will be whoever Brad chooses. What he chooses to do with it is his decision. I may not like whoever wins the Amazing Race or Survivor but it was entertaining and it is not my decision what they do with their 'prize' - money. Let's keep up the sleuthing you great detectives.
newfiegirl
newfiegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:32 pm

I know tensions are running high because the finale will be airing soon. Please, try and respect other members opinions here.

Thank you!
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:14 am

HowSoonIsNow wrote:
anders wrote:

I totally agree with you regarding the bolded. That was something I really noticed in that episode as well. It practically screamed at me...Both have issues that go wrong about their dates/relationships. He tells Bianca how he thought things were going bad during their kayaking, but she turned it around. At the end of that date he also references how he thought she turned the whole relationship around since Mexico and asks her why. She basically says it was him and he couldn't have looked happier. Contrast that with Whit, who also had issues...re-occurring ones at that...during her date. In her case, instead of a resolution, things only seemed to get worse and his frustration with her seemed to be growing.

As to your reference to a shortened season effecting how much time they spend together and thus effecting how much they seem to be into each other...I believe I read somewhere where Brad said he actually spent a good deal of time with the ladies that was never shown. It was one of the reasons he was so certain about sending those extra women home early. During the US version of the show the lead only spends time with the ladies when they are on a date, but Brad apparently was able to go to the house and just hang around with them during the off time. Maybe Brad (and Bianca), is just more reserved or careful about appearances for the sake of his family or they are editing those bits out because it may be too obvious who he chooses and that is why they don't seem as into each other.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 6 - November 7th - Discussion - Spoilers

+19
northernviewer
Hotmomma
NadjaM
ja1968
Love_Me