SELECT CONTENT

Episode 2 - 6/03 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 2 - 6/03 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 21 Empty Re: Episode 2 - 6/03 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Sprite Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:08 pm

canyonvue wrote:I love this season and I see no need for this show to change. Every show goes through its peaks and valleys in viewership. It is true that many people probably just don't watch it on TV all the time. Something else comes up. I know I forgot to watch the first one and had to watch it on their site. They're probably keeping track of those, too.

Desiree is the best Bachelorette they've had. And I love her bunch of guys. For the first time I like most of them. I especially love the spoiled F1. I do not think they're scraping the bottom of the barrel with these guys. I've heard a lot of people say just the opposite about this season of what people are saying on here. That this season is their favorite and they love Desiree and her bunch of guys. That it's renewing their interest in the show. So, some people's attitude about the show might not explain anything.

As always there are differing opinions. Some people are enjoying the season and the cast and others not so much. What is telling for me ... and I preface this by saying thus far, because the passion and the claws usually come out later in the season ... is that this site seems to have a lot less traffic this season and most seem to be ho hum about the show ... even those who like the lead and her F1. Similarliy, other sites that I follow ... and I follow a good number ... also seem to be down in traffic and the people commenting are expressing similar lackadaisical feelings about the show. The Neilson ratings ... for what they're worth ... show a similar pattern. That doesn't mean that all of these things won't change as we get further into the season and get more wrapped up in the people involved ... or that there won't be people who still love the show. In fact, I'm sure that is what the producers are counting on and why they are pushing the big drama next week and CH says there is only more to come. Will it draw back viewers? I don't know. What I do know is that it isn't working for me ... thus far!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Episode 2 - 6/03 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 21 Empty Re: Episode 2 - 6/03 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:05 pm

Sprite wrote:
canyonvue wrote:I love this season and I see no need for this show to change. Every show goes through its peaks and valleys in viewership. It is true that many people probably just don't watch it on TV all the time. Something else comes up. I know I forgot to watch the first one and had to watch it on their site. They're probably keeping track of those, too.

Desiree is the best Bachelorette they've had. And I love her bunch of guys. For the first time I like most of them. I especially love the spoiled F1. I do not think they're scraping the bottom of the barrel with these guys. I've heard a lot of people say just the opposite about this season of what people are saying on here. That this season is their favorite and they love Desiree and her bunch of guys. That it's renewing their interest in the show. So, some people's attitude about the show might not explain anything.

As always there are differing opinions. Some people are enjoying the season and the cast and others not so much. What is telling for me ... and I preface this by saying thus far, because the passion and the claws usually come out later in the season ... is that this site seems to have a lot less traffic this season and most seem to be ho hum about the show ... even those who like the lead and her F1. Similarliy, other sites that I follow ... and I follow a good number ... also seem to be down in traffic and the people commenting are expressing similar lackadaisical feelings about the show. The Neilson ratings ... for what they're worth ... show a similar pattern. That doesn't mean that all of these things won't change as we get further into the season and get more wrapped up in the people involved ... or that there won't be people who still love the show. In fact, I'm sure that is what the producers are counting on and why they are pushing the big drama next week and CH says there is only more to come. Will it draw back viewers? I don't know. What I do know is that it isn't working for me ... thus far!

Well, I find Brooks very appealing and so do a lot of other people that I see. But I think the contestants this year just aren't as polarizing from top to bottom. I think they actually may hope Desiree finds someone who sticks this time, so that the show can hang their hat on that, so they worried less about the polarizing characters and more on true marriageable material (which usually aren't very polarizing characters). There will still be drama. There will be even more man tears (because they're truly there for Desiree). People still have their crushes. I'm lucky enough to think the F1 is gorgeous.

The Jefs and Aries and other big personalities with very little marriageable substance, aren't here this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:21 pm

canyonvue wrote:

Well, I find Brooks very appealing and so do a lot of other people that I see. But I think the contestants this year just aren't as polarizing from top to bottom. I think they actually may hope Desiree finds someone who sticks this time, so that the show can hang their hat on that, so they worried less about the polarizing characters and more on true marriageable material (which usually aren't very polarizing characters). There will still be drama. There will be even more man tears (because they're truly there for Desiree). People still have their crushes. I'm lucky enough to think the F1 is gorgeous.

The Jefs and Aries and other big personalities with very little marriageable substance, aren't here this time.

I never thought Jef had a big personality. To me he was just a little boy seeking attention and that hasn't changed post show. Arie was more amusing and attractive, but, I wouldn't have called him a big personality either, however, compared to some of the others I guess he might have been. Unfortunately, the producers edit everyone down to the basics so we rarely get to know the more amusing or interasting facets of anyone. They are either tragic, villians, bafoons or whiny, crying tattle tales....or just bores if they can't get anything good out of them.

As for this season. It is early and the polorizing is probably yet to come...according to CH is will probably be starting next week. And I don't think producers are ever worried more on true marriage material. In fact, I remember an interview with Fliess somewhere where he basically said us much. They are concered about drama and ratings. They could care less if anyone actually gets married. What is actually amazing to me is that some have succeeded despite the producer manipulation!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by mare2 Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:21 pm

canyonvue wrote:

Way too early to say. We've seen Brooks for all of, what, 30 minutes? If that. I like the guy, but we really don't know him all that well. He seems nice and cute enough so far.

mare2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:51 pm

mare2 wrote:
canyonvue wrote:

Way too early to say. We've seen Brooks for all of, what, 30 minutes? If that. I like the guy, but we really don't know him all that well. He seems nice and cute enough so far.

Exactly. There was a lot of Arie and Jeff love here at this time during that season with plenty thinking they were marriagable material and look how that turned out. As always, we shall see. It's early days yet.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:25 pm

Yep. I think things could change. And that's when I think things will get more active around here. Yes, when there's true competition for Brooks. I love Brooks. He's so cute and has a great personality and I think he's much better than Jef. See, I even have Brooks' quirky fangs going on in my signature.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:54 pm

I really like Ben, so unless he really behaving badly behind the scenes, I feel like both Matthews are being catty,

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:58 pm

Well so far for me the show is boring. I think Lesley would have been better maybe because I already had preconcieved notion about Desiree, I think this is the reason she came on the bachelor to get the lead role and not there for the guy. If I see a nice love story between she and Brooks then my mind will change toward her, I'm a sucker for a love story that helps me to like a person.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:00 pm

pbmax wrote:Well so far for me the show is boring. I think Lesley would have been better maybe because I already had preconcieved notion about Desiree, I think this is the reason she came on the bachelor to get the lead role and not there for the guy. If I see a nice love story between she and Brooks then my mind will change toward her, I'm a sucker for a love story that helps me to like a person.
I agree about Lesley she would have been awesome

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:04 pm

Sprite wrote:

I've thought the site is pretty show myself and has been for quite a while.. I can't figure out why that is.. If it's because they aren't interested in Des as the lead or any of her guys or are they just tired of talking about it or what?? LOL scratch
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:16 pm

LoveDovez wrote:
Sprite wrote:

I've thought the site is pretty show myself and has been for quite a while.. I can't figure out why that is.. If it's because they aren't interested in Des as the lead or any of her guys or are they just tired of talking about it or what?? LOL scratch

Glad you all agree that this site is very slow this season. I think people aren't that excited about Des (though we all like her) and it's all just getting old. Honestly don't know enough about the guys to have much to say there...usually by now, we have sleuthed a TON and know lots about the guys. Too much of it is recycled (yet another Western date, more private concerts, Hollywood sign, same mansion, on and on). Bring on the European cities...at least that will be fun to see.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:47 am

luvstx wrote:
LoveDovez wrote:
Sprite wrote:

Glad you all agree that this site is very slow this season. I think people aren't that excited about Des (though we all like her) and it's all just getting old. Honestly don't know enough about the guys to have much to say there...usually by now, we have sleuthed a TON and know lots about the guys. Too much of it is recycled (yet another Western date, more private concerts, Hollywood sign, same mansion, on and on). Bring on the European cities...at least that will be fun to see.

I really think it is a combination of things that are causing the low interest. Part of it that the show is simply getting old and there are more choices out there for fans than a show that seems to recycle the dates and casts the same types over and over again. In addition, some are turned off by all the emphasis on Des's poor upbringing and all the trauma the rest of the cast seem to have experienced. There doesn't seem to be anyone that is really attracting viewers. Similarly, there isn't really anyone who is a true villian. Overall, the cast...including Des...seem nice enought, but, boring. Unfortunately, when you mix that with an old, recycled show, you end up boring your viewers and they tune out. I'm sure there is something nice and juicy and controversial that the producers are going to throw to the fans in an effort to suck us back in. Will it work? We'll have to wait to find out!

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 2 - 6/03 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

+43
IrishGal
GypsySarah
charriotoffire
cimcoe
pbmax