SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #1

Page 32 of 64 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 48 ... 64  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #1 - Page 32 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #1

Post by MonicaJM2001 Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:55 pm

Thanks Atem for bringing the pics here! Really love the playful face he makes in the second one.

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #1 - Page 32 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #1

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:56 pm

i think you guys are spot on about what was happening with brooks and his feelings. high five i was looking at photos last night and in the very first post-show photo of him he looked quite happy. i read somewhere that this shot was taken about 2 weeks after he would have returned home. :fanningfan 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by gabriele on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by eusebeia Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:57 pm

nannymargie wrote:
eusebeia wrote:
MonicaJM2001 wrote:I'm thinking because in the back of his mind he knew he'd see her again and also knew she was seeing other men that he didn't necessary let himself "miss' her. When he he left the beach in Antigua, it was more permanent to him and then it hit him hard. I could see where Des says she missed him, she longed for him even on dates for other guys, but for her, she was in the drivers seat and knew the final standings whereas Brooks just saw she had connections with the other guys as well and didn't want to get his hopes up. When he found out he was the one, it was like he was hit by a ton of bricks.

I agree with this.bestbud! 

I watched it again today and found possibly more confirmation that Broooks' ignorance of Des' feelings for him played into his bailing.  There's his agonized "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" of course.  But also at one point, early on during the bench conversation, he's talking about what he wants in a relationship--something like falling madly in love and "having it reciprocated." At that point Des replies that that's what she wants too but never has had and recaps her sad dating history.  So she doesn't address Brooks' need to have his feelings "reciprocated" at that point.  But then later she does it in spades.  And every repetition of "I love you," "I was conflicted only because I wanted to give my heart only to you," was another battering ram to break down the walls he had built up around his heart again (thanks to producer manipulation I have no doubt).

Remember in Madeira, in the car, he wanted to find out "where we're at" in the relationship.  The issue gets dropped tho, until it comes up again at dinner.  We get her "running," he says he's glad she's running but adds a mumbled comment that he'd like to explore what it means that she's running.  I couldn't believe he was so clueless. WE knew!!! hissyfit  But apparently he didn't.

I agree.

Yup. He was fishing for answers. Too bad he had to break up with her to get them.

And no way TPTB would let the crucial conversation take place in the Fantasy Suite. CH's suggestion to Brooks was disingenuous in the extreme. They wanted the breakup scene they got. Ratings gold.

eusebeia

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:59 pm

To me it boiled down to this...
How could Brooks plan on forever when he didn't plan on Des. :sweetheart:

Oh and btw, Des didn't plan on a Brooks either!

Last edited by BarbB222 on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:59 pm

gabriele wrote:i think you guys are spot on about what was happening with brooks and his feelings. high five i was looking at photos last night and in the very first post-show photo of him he looked quite happy. i read somewhere that this shot was taken about 2 weeks after he would have returned home. :fanningfan 

Yes, he did. I have to remember that basically all of them are happy now. Too bad we are just seeing the misery part right now.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:01 pm

atem wrote:
gabriele wrote:i think you guys are spot on about what was happening with brooks and his feelings. high five i was looking at photos last night and in the very first post-show photo of him he looked quite happy. i read somewhere that this shot was taken about 2 weeks after he would have returned home. :fanningfan 

Yes, he did.  I have to remember that basically all of them are happy now.  Too bad we are just seeing the misery part right now.

So true Atem. That misery part threw me for a loop too! But jeers can turn into cheers !
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:02 pm

relaxing wrote:Thanks for the picture! I don't want to venture out of here before Monday, probably will though.

Many great observations above.  Really I think Desiree felt so strongly for him that she thought she was being reassuring to him but he was obviously far more affected by the situation (and producers) than she realized.

Also I think he was always very aware that he was on a show.  The producers, set-up situations, people blindsided by surprising twists, people's conversations being guided (or scripted), etc.  Like, he really felt like he was a character on a show in a way, despite trying to be genuine himself.  

When Desiree broke down in such a real, honest way and expressed her true feelings for him, like someone said above, it seemed to hit him like a tonne of bricks.  I think suddenly he just saw a girl he cared about hurting, and he wanted to comfort her and hold her and didn't want to walk away from her or say good-bye to her.  It's like the curtain of the show was gone and he did see that this was very real between them, something he could never trust before that.
yes I agree!
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:04 pm

eusebeia wrote:
MonicaJM2001 wrote:I'm thinking because in the back of his mind he knew he'd see her again and also knew she was seeing other men that he didn't necessary let himself "miss' her. When he he left the beach in Antigua, it was more permanent to him and then it hit him hard. I could see where Des says she missed him, she longed for him even on dates for other guys, but for her, she was in the drivers seat and knew the final standings whereas Brooks just saw she had connections with the other guys as well and didn't want to get his hopes up. When he found out he was the one, it was like he was hit by a ton of bricks.

I agree with this.bestbud! 

I watched it again today and found possibly more confirmation that Broooks' ignorance of Des' feelings for him played into his bailing.  There's his agonized "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" of course.  But also at one point, early on during the bench conversation, he's talking about what he wants in a relationship--something like falling madly in love and "having it reciprocated." At that point Des replies that that's what she wants too but never has had and recaps her sad dating history.  So she doesn't address Brooks' need to have his feelings "reciprocated" at that point.  But then later she does it in spades.  And every repetition of "I love you," "I was conflicted only because I wanted to give my heart only to you," was another battering ram to break down the walls he had built up around his heart again (thanks to producer manipulation I have no doubt).

Remember in Madeira, in the car, he wanted to find out "where we're at" in the relationship.  The issue gets dropped tho, until it comes up again at dinner.  We get her "running," he says he's glad she's running but adds a mumbled comment that he'd like to explore what it means that she's running.  I couldn't believe he was so clueless. WE knew!!! hissyfit  But apparently he didn't.
Two more posts I am in agreement with.
Piper61
Piper61

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:08 pm

atem wrote:Here are the two pics:

Kaltie wrote:New picture on Brooks and fans :Smiley:He looks cute!

momoftrips wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Our girl Shiloh rockin' it out with Brooks and his brother at #OR2013 #swoob #bachelorette #sportsbra #shelooksgood #babe #abs

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nate looks like such a goober in that picture. giggling 
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:09 pm

I need to take a break in here for a while. I feel like I have been beaten up just reading the other thread.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:09 pm

bowdown Great posts by all. Brooks looks so good in this picture. Very relaxed and peaceful. I pray that he and Des have peace and happiness after Monday night.
Piper61
Piper61

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:11 pm

he looks totally hot too. Hugesmile 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 64 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 48 ... 64  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #1

+36
Hotmomma
DKWillis
Cecilia
Scooby
SafronSahara