SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #5

Page 33 of 61 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 47 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #5 - Page 33 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #5

Post by jlccaz Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:50 am

In Munich when he walked down the ice tunnel and came across her making out and rolling around with James (gross), I thought he was done at some level (on a second viewing). Go watch that as well. By Barcelona, Chris intensity is rising, and Brooks is fading (his feelings, not hers). Who wouldn't be "over it" sitting around talking incessantly about that snippet of conversation Drew and Kasey over-heard in the van or whatever. I saw Brooks starting to "lose it" -- also, look at how she handled the James thing. Talk about wishy washy. I'm not criticizing either of them -- it's just one of the "downs" I think Brooks experienced in the long long drought between the Hollywood sign date and CLoud 9 in Madeira. Each of these shows represents about a week of his life
1. Hollywood sign (feels great)
2. Nothing much
3. Dodgeball (broken finger, Chris gets the group date rose -- look at his face then)
4. Munich (Chris/Bryden show -- watches her make out with James)
5. Barcelona -- soccer date, not much time with her 1:1, but tons of gross drama and back and fro about James
6. Madeira -- trying to regain lost ground, decides to use family visit as a test (the "struggle" is apparent in almost every screen shot if you look)
7. HTD - freely confesses by the duck pond that he is up and down, and loses "it" when they are apart. Des warmly embraced and received by family. But hard questions that hang in the air.
[some internal processing / discussions off camera / decides to get out before the pressure of proposing becomes unbearable]

That's Brooks' journey. I think he showed a lot of character and self-awareness. And, as an aside, he would never trash Chris or Des, his friends, the way some do for sport.

People always want to say the producers and editors lie. And they do in the smaller settings -- to participants playing the "game" of the show, etc., but most of the time the Mega Story Arc for each character tracks their actual emotional journey. That's what the production assistants are madly logging all day long (who said what on camera, on date, in a group, ITM), and then the story folks make it into an entertainment for us to watch.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #5 - Page 33 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #5

Post by atem Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:50 am

Adele1117 wrote:Wow. I don't know how legit Life & Style is, but Nate Hartsock supposedly thinks Des settled.

And if it's true that she would've settled for whoever asked her to marry them, I'm even more happy that Brooks walked away. He deserves better.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I don't think of them as 'legit' or 'not legit'. They are there to sell magazines, period. Nate knows how Desiree felt about Brooks, because she told him, but the show cut it out.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:52 am

As I saw someone write after the show ended: Brooks dodged a bullet.

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:59 am

jlccaz wrote:In Munich when he walked down the ice tunnel and came across her making out and rolling around with James (gross), I thought he was done at some level (on a second viewing).  Go watch that as well.  By Barcelona, Chris intensity is rising, and Brooks is fading (his feelings, not hers).  Who wouldn't be "over it" sitting around talking incessantly about that snippet of conversation Drew and Kasey over-heard in the van or whatever.  I saw Brooks starting to "lose it" -- also, look at how she handled the James thing.  Talk about wishy washy.  I'm not criticizing either of them -- it's just one of the "downs"  I think Brooks experienced in the long long drought between the Hollywood sign date and CLoud 9 in Madeira.   Each of these shows represents about a week of his life
2. Nothing much
3. Dodgeball (broken finger, Chris gets the group date rose -- look at his face then)
5. Barcelona -- soccer date, not much time with her 1:1, but tons of gross drama and back and fro about James 

6. Madeira -- trying to regain lost ground, decides to use family visit as a test (the "struggle" is apparent in almost every screen shot if you look)
7.  HTD - freely confesses by the duck pond that he is up and down, and loses "it" when they are apart.  Des warmly embraced and received by family.  But hard questions that hang in the air.
[some internal processing / discussions off camera / decides to get out before the pressure of proposing becomes unbearable]

That's Brooks' journey.  I think he showed a lot of character and self-awareness. And, as an aside, he would never trash Chris or Des, his friends, the way some do for sport.  

People always want to say the producers and editors lie.  And they do in the smaller settings -- to participants playing the "game" of the show, etc., but most of the time the Mega Story Arc for each character tracks their actual emotional journey.  That's what the production assistants are madly logging all day long (who said what on camera, on date, in a group, ITM), and then the story folks make it into an entertainment for us to watch.
 I do think that was a turning point for Brooks. If she was even remotely interested in James, Brooks had to question her romantic tastes since he was sooooo far from James in personality. I think he became less confident in Des at that point, as far as sharing the same ideals in a relationship.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:03 pm

atem wrote:
Adele1117 wrote:Wow. I don't know how legit Life & Style is, but Nate Hartsock supposedly thinks Des settled.

And if it's true that she would've settled for whoever asked her to marry them, I'm even more happy that Brooks walked away. He deserves better.

I don't think of them as 'legit' or 'not legit'.  They are there to sell magazines, period.  Nate knows how Desiree felt about Brooks, because she told him, but the show cut it out.  
I agree that L&S is not exactly my "go-to" source but they are directly quoting Nate and not some "source" or "insider" on the settling stuff...

I've said all along that Nate was not bright but why would you say that to media even if its true?!

SMH.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:04 pm

jlccaz wrote:In Munich when he walked down the ice tunnel and came across her making out and rolling around with James (gross), I thought he was done at some level (on a second viewing).  Go watch that as well.  By Barcelona, Chris intensity is rising, and Brooks is fading (his feelings, not hers).  Who wouldn't be "over it" sitting around talking incessantly about that snippet of conversation Drew and Kasey over-heard in the van or whatever.  I saw Brooks starting to "lose it" -- also, look at how she handled the James thing.  Talk about wishy washy.  I'm not criticizing either of them -- it's just one of the "downs"  I think Brooks experienced in the long long drought between the Hollywood sign date and CLoud 9 in Madeira.   Each of these shows represents about a week of his life
2. Nothing much
7.  HTD - freely confesses by the duck pond that he is up and down, and loses "it" when they are apart.  Des warmly embraced and received by family.  But hard questions that hang in the air.

That's Brooks' journey.  I think he showed a lot of character and self-awareness. And, as an aside, he would never trash Chris or Des, his friends, the way some do for sport.  

People always want to say the producers and editors lie.  And they do in the smaller settings -- to participants playing the "game" of the show, etc., but most of the time the Mega Story Arc for each character tracks their actual emotional journey.  That's what the production assistants are madly logging all day long (who said what on camera, on date, in a group, ITM), and then the story folks make it into an entertainment for us to watch.
The show's own producers and spokesperson trash people for sport.  Brooks' process was an interesting story, but we as viewers really didn't get to see it.  Plus, Desiree and Chris H made Brooks out to be the one that didn't communicate when it was Desiree herself that didn't.  She was the one to want to make out and not talk.  He's always been a nice guy to me and I never got the trashing he got here just because he's from Utah.  The show should let the guys tell their side of the story, but they wait until it's too late and there's a reason why they don't.  I do believe the show planted false stories to re-inforce the 'Brooks comes back' storyline, because they thought it would bring in the ratings.  I'm glad it didn't pan out that way and got less viewers than last year's season.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:13 pm

sfrank wrote:
atem wrote:

I don't think of them as 'legit' or 'not legit'.  They are there to sell magazines, period.  Nate knows how Desiree felt about Brooks, because she told him, but the show cut it out.  
I agree that L&S is not exactly my "go-to" source but they are directly quoting Nate and not some "source" or "insider" on the settling stuff...

I've said all along that Nate was not bright but why would you say that to media even if its true?!

SMH.
Because, it just was that obvious?  He knew how Desiree felt about Brooks, because she told him after the Home Town Dates.  I don't get why people try and pretend otherwise and that she would have picked Chirs S if Brooks stayed.

I don't agree that she would have said yes to anyone who asked her to marry her, but picked someone that she said she was falling for, just not as much as she did for Brooks (who couldn't return her love).

Last edited by atem on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:13 pm

And In Touch mag (i trust even less than Life and Style) to the mix....more direct Nate quotes. Can they do that if he didn't say it ?!

Des & Chris: Trouble in Paradise
As reality sets in, the cracks are beginning to show: the fairy tale is fading fast for former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock and her fiancé, Chris Siegfried ."It's obvious Des settled for Chris," Desiree's brother, Nate, tells In Touch. "She went on the show because she wanted to get married so badly." The couple are making a go of things in Seattle, but Nate insists it's because his sister is determined to be a bride, not because she loves Chris.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:15 pm

Eek. She'll regret that someday if she gets married just because she wants to get married in a certain amount of time. She might be happy, I'm sure, with Chris. At least until another Brooks comes along someday later in her life.

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:18 pm

sfrank wrote:And In Touch mag (i trust even less than Life and Style) to the mix....more direct Nate quotes. Can they do that if he didn't say it ?!

Des & Chris: Trouble in Paradise
As reality sets in, the cracks are beginning to show: the fairy tale is fading fast for former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock and her fiancé, Chris Siegfried ."It's obvious Des settled for Chris," Desiree's brother, Nate, tells In Touch. "She went on the show because she wanted to get married so badly." The couple are making a go of things in Seattle, but Nate insists it's because his sister is determined to be a bride, not because she loves Chris.
Without a quotation mark, I don't take it as a quote, but they are going to spin it that way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:19 pm

atem wrote:
sfrank wrote:
atem wrote:

SMH.
Because, it just was that obvious?  He knew how Desiree felt about Brooks, because she told him after the Home Town Dates.  I don't get why people try and pretend otherwise and that she would have picked Chirs S if Brooks stayed.  
I am not disputing that...its more about trying to establish the legitimacy of the comments.
It's obvious that she wanted Brooks and would have picked him if he stayed. I'm just surprised that Nate is out there directly contradicting his sister who says she didn't "settle " for Chris which we know is false but still...
Why verbalized that to the media even if it is true?!
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:21 pm

The only person to me 'contridicting' themselves is Desiree.

I don't agree that Desiree would have said yes to anyone. Desiree did say she was falling for Chris, but it just wasn't as much as she was Brooks.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 61 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 47 ... 61  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #5

+45
2observe
bilolo
Aunties_Love
Shadow
Cecilia