SELECT CONTENT

Chris Discussion Group

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Discussion Group - Page 15 Empty Re: Chris Discussion Group

Post by Rolly Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Thanks grace8136 for the source. Not a good marketing plan if you ask me....kind of cheapens the idea of a book of love poems I think. JMO. Maybe that's what they feel they have to do to sell books. If Chris doesn't take it seriously I won't either.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:49 pm

While I agree that it is just a silly book...good or bad...is not really the point. I have no problem if they want to publish it for their fans and get some financial benefits. I have no problem with Chris joking to use is for coffee, however, I do have a problem with that marketing. It seems greedy and in bad taste. It somehow seems to cheapen their relationship and frankly, after everything they went through with the show, I thought he had more sense!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:49 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
Sprite wrote:Okaaaaayyyyy....

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/161018/desiree_hartsock_chris_siegfrieds_poetry

Just a little much. Who exactly do they think would be that interested in their...bad...poetry? no
I agree. This is just too snarkable. duh 
Is nothing private anymore?  Is everything for sale?
I think hiding under a chair is far preferable than being a total sellout. :hidingchair 
It looks a little desperate. Please Des and Chris, don't get all weird on me!! duh 

I'm actually embarrassed for them a little.

eta: Just read dhpoetry.com. No comment. hmmm 
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:52 pm

Bringing over from the Brooks Discussion thread since we momentarily got off the subject of BROOKS! Just one more eye roll and I'm done. Rolling Eyes 

soccermom333 wrote:
grace8136 wrote:
Rolly wrote:Combined wedding is a bad idea for everyone involved and even if it were considered I can't see the couples going for it at all. Also, think about the relationships of Sean at one point dumping Des and then has a combined wedding with her...not happening. A way to save TPTB $ but I'm sure even they see this as a bad idea.
I didn't mean like a double wedding. giggling That would be beyond weird. I meant air it in the same special. Bachelor weddings.. different locations and all. Maybe a 3 day special. My thought was just to get more people, higher ratings, but as Sprite said, sounds like SeanCat's wedding is coming very soon, so that is just another reason that it won't happen. I just don't know that they will air a Chris/Des wedding. Ash and JP had a much bigger fan base and if their rating were too low, sounds like a no to me. :Frown:

I am so sorry, but I just had to make a comment on grace's post. I don't know how to drag it over to the Chris tread. I will be brief. I actually think Des and Chris have a bigger fan base, just look at des twitter and Instagram followers.  Plus, TPTB will gladly "pimp" a successful couple getting married. After Sean and Cat, Des and Chris would make only the fifth "final" couple to get married. Their record is not great so I believe ABC will definitely take advantage!  I actually misunderstood you too Grace and thought you meant a double wedding.  I like your idea of a 2 weddings show but agree that it might be too soon for Des and Chris. I think if Seancat marries this fall, then they would try for a late spring or early summer wedding for Des and Chris. They have a ways to go and I think they are just really enjoying their time together and making a home for themselves in Seattle. Okay back to all about Brooks here!  Smiley
I hope you are right SM. I would love to be able to watch their wedding. It was great having an unspoiled season, but the one downside seemed to be that people didn't get invested in Chris as much. But, I hope I am wrong.
I agree that Chris is not taking his poetry seriously. He says in the book he's not a poet, but I think that selling their time is a separate issue. Just found it a little surprising and odd.
If you ever want to move a discussion to another thread, just quote it and copy, then paste to the other thread. That way you keep the quote indentions.

Back to top Go down

Post by jupi Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:16 am

While I'm a Chris and Des fan (as you can tell from my avi laugh out loud), I have to say that the whole thing just feels weird to me and a bit off-putting too. no no 

jupi

Female Posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:23 am

posted this morning in the wrong thread...
afterawhile wrote:    
Re: Desiree & Chris - Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion

Post by afterawhile Today at 9:42 am
In my opinion only, this is looking more and more like desperation on Chres part... I am reminded more and more of DeAnna and Jesse. They also started auctioning/selling off all sorts of things from their season, including their clothing. Purchasers were offered follows on facebook, phone calls, signed pictures, etc.  no no 

Somehow this really makes me wonder about payoffs, promises, and such... Diamond + Hearts - A Poetic Memoir

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:46 am

afterawhile wrote:posted this morning in the wrong thread...
afterawhile wrote:    

In my opinion only, this is looking more and more like desperation on Chres part... I am reminded more and more of DeAnna and Jesse. They also started auctioning/selling off all sorts of things from their season, including their clothing. Purchasers were offered follows on facebook, phone calls, signed pictures, etc.  no no 

Somehow this really makes me wonder about payoffs, promises, and such... Diamond + Hearts - A Poetic Memoir
I'll go back to this posted by his friend right after the finale and liked by Chris on his private IG. My guess is the 2 pot of Gold are Des and the money they can make/have made off this. I think they are a real couple, unlike DeAnna and Jesse who were never even compatible.

Chris Discussion Group - Page 15 849471a4-7da9-4471-a610-f0ef8d053486_zps672a6957

Last edited by grace8136 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:49 am

afterawhile wrote:    

I respect your opinion, but as I mentioned before on the Brooks thread, Chris and Des are the farthest thing from Deanna and Jesse.  Deanna and Jesse were fake and never moved to start their life with each other. Des and Chris are the real deal and she moved to Seattle so they could start their life TOGETHER. Deanna and Jesse ended very badly but the truth is, they never really even started. No commitment whatsoever. They were only together for promotional pictures an events, and that didn't even last long.

I realize that Chris and Des still have a ways to go to make it down the aisle but at least they are sincere and starting from a good place.  I didn't follow Emily and Jef post show too closely but if any couple can be compared to Deanna and Jesse they are the ones!  

Zach, Chris and Des see nothing wrong with the marketing plan of their book. I personally don't think it is that big of a deal but I respect everyone's opinion on the matter. It would actually be interesting to talk with Zach who published the book to hear his thoughts. I think it is important to remember that most men and women who do this show look to benefit from it somehow post show. Whether it is DWTS or a book or real estate or blogs or their own show.  Etc. etc.

Again, I respect the different views and opinions but keep in mind we are talking about The Bachelorette Show. ;)
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:05 am

soccermom333 wrote:
afterawhile wrote:    

I respect your opinion, but as I mentioned before on the Brooks thread, Chris and Des are the farthest thing from Deanna and Jesse.  Deanna and Jesse were fake and never moved to start their life with each other. Des and Chris are the real deal and she moved to Seattle so they could start their life TOGETHER. Deanna and Jesse ended very badly but the truth is, they never really even started. No commitment whatsoever. They were only together for promotional pictures an events, and that didn't even last long.

I realize that Chris and Des still have a ways to go to make it down the aisle but at least they are sincere and starting from a good place.  I didn't follow Emily and Jef post show too closely but if any couple can be compared to Deanna and Jesse they are the ones!  

Zach, Chris and Des see nothing wrong with the marketing plan of their book. I personally don't think it is that big of a deal but I respect everyone's opinion on the matter. It would actually be interesting to talk with Zach who published the book to hear his thoughts. I think it is important to remember that most men and women who do this show look to benefit from it somehow post show. Whether it is DWTS or a book or real estate or blogs or their own show.  Etc. etc.  

Again, I respect the different views and opinions but keep in mind we are talking about The Bachelorette Show. ;)
soccermom333, I respect your opinion, but as far as the bolded not all of that comment is true.  DeAnna did indeed move to Jesse's home in Colorado, and they lived together in LA. They were engaged on the show just like Des and Chris were, they even set a wedding date of one year later. According to De, she did try to make it work, but was unable, according to her, Jesse was in it only for the fame and fortune. They sold or auctioned off everything they could except for the Bunn Jersey according to De (she told Jesse she had burnt it).

DeAnna and Jesse were together for more than promotional events, just as Des and Chris are.  There were reports/pics with Jesse's family visiting them in CO, visits with friends of Jesse's, skiing trips, trips to the beach, playing in the park, washing cars, etc.  To me it is all suspiciously sounding more and more like Chres.  

This latest book selling for attention from Chres just makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up... reminds me of Jesse and De shenanigans.  duh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:17 am

delete

Last edited by grace8136 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by renaissance Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:19 am

can someone give me link to the chris and des general discussion forum

renaissance

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:24 am

I disagree. Deanna and Jesse split time between two homes. She never ever moved in with him permanently. I believe you are correct that they lived in LA, but he never made that permanent. I know they broke up before Jason's season started filming. I believe Deanna said it was at the 4 month mark. They each blamed the other. Remember she stated in an interview that once Graham left all bets were off. I believe there was a lot of producer manipulation with who her final 2 would be.  

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. I know "insiders" are saying Des and Chris are the real deal. Guess time will tell! I am choosing to give Des and Chris the benefit if the doubt and will continue to support them and wish them well. I believe their love is real.  I hope they make it down the aisle but realize they have a ways to go!

As far as the book goes, I say good for them. I know Jason got a lot of criticism for his "work" after the show too. I know some are criticized for doing DWTS.  I believe they are probably going with the mindset "strike while the iron is hot."  Right or wrong....
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Discussion Group

+41