SELECT CONTENT

Chris Discussion Group

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chris Discussion Group - Page 16 Empty Re: Chris Discussion Group

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:28 am

renaissance wrote:can someone give me  link to the chris and des general discussion forum
I don't believe there is one Renaissance... would be nice if there was. :yes: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:29 am

renaissance wrote:can someone give me  link to the chris and des general discussion forum
We were talking about that earlier. Don't think there is one. Start one if you'd like. I'd put it on this forum or it will get lost.

ETA: oops.. sorry afterawhile.. didn't see your post, before I posted.

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:34 am

afterawhile wrote:
I don't believe there is one Renaissance... would be nice if there was.  :yes: 
There's one now: https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t2144-chris-desiree-general-discussion#537960

Chris Discussion Group - Page 16 87b72b10 Chris Discussion Group - Page 16 86669110 Chris Discussion Group - Page 16 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:47 am

soccermom333 wrote:I disagree. Deanna and Jesse split time between two homes. She never ever moved in with him permanently. I believe you are correct that they lived in LA, but he never made that permanent. I know they broke up before Jason's season started filming. I believe Deanna said it was at the 4 month mark. They each blamed the other. Remember she stated in an interview that once Graham left all bets were off. I believe there was a lot of producer manipulation with who her final 2 would be.  

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. I know "insiders" are saying Des and Chris are the real deal. Guess time will tell! I am choosing to give Des and Chris the benefit if the doubt and will continue to support them and wish them well. I believe their love is real.  I hope they make it down the aisle but realize they have a ways to go!

As far as the book goes, I say good for them. I know Jason got a lot of criticism for his "work" after the show too. I know some are criticized for doing DWTS.  I believe they are probably going with the mindset "strike while the iron is hot."  Right or wrong....
Interesting parallel between the two couples...both female leads had the one they wanted dump them...although it didn't look like that for D. However, whether or not they are similar isn't the point I'm going for. I don't have a problem with them publishing the book and I don't think anyone else here does either. We may snicker some, but I don't fault them for striking while the iron is hot as you say. It is the way they are marketing it that is the issue. It makes them look greedy and puts them in a bad light. After all they went throught with the edit of the show you would think they would think twice about how they present themselves.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:38 am

you know, i think this show just screws up the bach/ette lead especially when they come from sheltered environments. they really lose a lot of perspective in various areas of their lives because of the fame and all the producer machinations they endured. i doubt many people could handle it without compromising themselves in some way or another. at least actors have usually been working in the industry for awhile before they get so famous so it isn't as big a shock as a reality contestant getting so famous. i'm still interested to see what happens with des and seancat but i have no desire to watch the show anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:08 am

I suspect they aren't the ones making the marketing decisions. Did they publish the book?

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:23 am

IrishGal wrote:I suspect they aren't the ones making the marketing decisions.  Did they publish the book?  
Zack K did so I would guess they made the decision together. I see they have sold 3 packages, but don't know at what level.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:42 am

grace8136 wrote:
IrishGal wrote:I suspect they aren't the ones making the marketing decisions.  Did they publish the book?  
Zack K did so I would guess they made the decision together. I see they have sold 3 packages, but don't know at what level.
yeah, des & chris would have had to agree to the marketing decisions since they are offering phone calls, skype chatting, dinner, etc. with them. it seems the idea came from how things are done on kickstarter but marketing isn't done that way, that i know of, for a product once it is manufactured or produced. unless this is some new trend i haven't heard about yet...

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:54 am

Sprite wrote:
soccermom333 wrote:I disagree. Deanna and Jesse split time between two homes. She never ever moved in with him permanently. I believe you are correct that they lived in LA, but he never made that permanent. I know they broke up before Jason's season started filming. I believe Deanna said it was at the 4 month mark. They each blamed the other. Remember she stated in an interview that once Graham left all bets were off. I believe there was a lot of producer manipulation with who her final 2 would be.  

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one. I know "insiders" are saying Des and Chris are the real deal. Guess time will tell! I am choosing to give Des and Chris the benefit if the doubt and will continue to support them and wish them well. I believe their love is real.  I hope they make it down the aisle but realize they have a ways to go!

As far as the book goes, I say good for them. I know Jason got a lot of criticism for his "work" after the show too. I know some are criticized for doing DWTS.  I believe they are probably going with the mindset "strike while the iron is hot."  Right or wrong....
Interesting parallel between the two couples...both female leads had the one they wanted dump them...although it didn't look like that for D. However, whether or not they are similar isn't the point I'm going for. I don't have a problem with them publishing the book and I don't think anyone else here does either. We may snicker some, but I don't fault them for striking while the iron is hot as you say. It is the way they are marketing it that is the issue. It makes them look greedy and puts them in a bad light. After all they went throught with the edit of the show you would think they would think twice about how they present themselves.

The parallel could be made to two other female leads too. Ali and Ashley. In fact Jillian too but Ed was the first to leave AND come back. In Ali and Ashley's show Frank left at the fantasy dates and Bentley left a little earlier. Fleiss is very transparent but not very creative! ;)

Obviously they don't have a problem with the marketing. I am sure they would say the same thing....You are entitled to your opinion but they disagree. I respect your opinion but it is not the fact that someone voiced an opinion about the different marketing plan they had and how it made them look bad but rather the fact they compared them to Deanna and Jesse that I felt the need to respond!
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:56 am

soccermom333 wrote:
Sprite wrote:

The parallel could be made to two other female leads too. Ali and Ashley. In fact Jillian too but Ed was the first to leave AND come back. In Ali and Ashley's show Frank left at the fantasy dates and Bentley left a little earlier.  Fleiss is very transparent but not very creative! ;)

Obviously they don't have a problem with the marketing.  I am sure they would say the same thing....You are entitled to your opinion but they disagree.  I respect your opinion but it is not the fact that someone voiced an opinion about the different marketing plan they had and how it made them look bad but rather the fact they compared them to Deanna and Jesse that I felt the need to respond!

I was specifically responding to the last part of your post which I highlighted. (I am beyond debating with people wether or not they are a real couple and when they became that since I am tired of deadhorse .) I was not comparing them to Jessie and D and nobody had been as far as I am aware ...until they saw this article.

For those who have not been following the discussion, this is the article:

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/161018/desiree_hartsock_chris_siegfrieds_poetry

I was specifically responding to how they decided to market their book. As I wrote earlier, I don't think anyone objects to them making some money based on opportunities presented them.. it is the how that is questionable. Whoever published it and decided on the marketing plan, they had to sign off on it. It makes them appear greedy and frankly, delusional. With the edit they recieved and some of the flak they no doubt had to go through as a result of how they were edited, you would think they would be more careful of how they decided to present themselves. JMO

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:26 pm

Is it that much different from the tradional author's book signings where the author shows up at a venue, it's heavily advertised, the attendees are expected to purchase books and get a chance to chat with author and have their book personalized? Apparently this is a new direction marketing is taking in order to incorporate social media. I know that earlier this year Arie made similar offers to raise the money to be able to race in SST. I just don't think it's such a big deal.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:30 pm

Great minds, IrishGal.  :Smiley: I agree and just cited the Arie example in the Chris/Des discussion thread.
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 23 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 19 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Chris Discussion Group

+41
karenap63