SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Discussion Group

Page 28 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Discussion Group - Page 28 Empty Re: Brooks Discussion Group

Post by Mustang19 Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:27 pm

grace8136 wrote:I'd say Des is a very honest person in real life, she would have been a teacher's pet which is probably one reason why MF liked her so much. She followed his rules during the show. When I think about my own experiences with meeting guys and falling for them it was always pretty cut and dry. So in my experience, Brooks would have known sooner, but I guess everyone is different.

Also Karen, I don't see much Brooks bashing here. Certainly no one posting that he is gay. Brooks seems to have moved on and looks happy to me, so why the anger? IMO, I don't think Des and Brooks would have lasted anyhow, so it all worked out for the best.
I'm not Karen, but unfortunately, there were posts about "gaydar going off", etc. Just look a few pages back in the Brooks thread about some baseball thing he did, and a comment about dating the ball players. It wasn't all the time, but it happened which if I'm not mistaken is against Board rules. To me, it says more about the poster's character making the comment than it does about person they are insulting.

I don't see much Brooks or Chris bashing, which is nice. There is disagreement on what took place when or the feelings involved, but I think most agree that Des had some good guys in the end.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:02 pm

ironcat wrote:I think when the F4 go home to their families at the time of the HTDs, it's their first time "out of the bubble" and back in their "real world", and provides them some stark clarity as far as what they are REALLY feeling for the lead.  I suspect that whatever natural skepticism Brooks had about the viability of his relationship with Des prior to HTDs was exacerbated by his visit with his family, and even though he chose to accept the rose at the F4 RC (probably a combination of his confusion/uncertainty about what to do along with prodding from the producers; let us not forget Ed's classic words that this show is a mindf**k and these people are not thinking straight), he must have regretted it immediately afterwards, which is why he came to Antigua with the intention of dropping out/rectifying the situation.  I can't fault him for that; it's not like he was a Bentley with no feeling whatsover for the lead.  As has been said many times, it's easy to sit here in judgment of what these contestants do, but until you're actually in the (highly manipulated)situation living it, you really never know how you'll behave.  And comparing it to how we did behave or would behave in a "similar" real relationship situation, is, to some degree, ludicrous.

It cannot be said enough that by this point, the Des/Chris relationship is "on its own", and will rise or fall based on whatever the two have built and will continue to build since filming wrapped back in May.  Brooks, and whatever went on with him, has nothing to do with it anymore.  And if they're both boring, then it's a good thing they found each other.

On another note, has anyone read Chris' book of poetry?  I saw some excerpts on a site, and the poems are beyond painfully bad IMO.  Hope he doesn't quit his day job.
First our comments are delusional, now ludicrous? jeeez.. proofread your posts before you hit send.

In his book, he says he does not consider himself a poet. The poems are more like reading his personal journal of his intentions, feelings, thoughts on Des. Is it publish worthy? Probably not, but I hope they make some money for that little house on the water he mentioned. The fact that he took the time and put his thoughts on paper for Des was sweet IMO. And they are living in Seattle because of his day job!

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:20 pm

ironcat wrote:I think when the F4 go home to their families at the time of the HTDs, it's their first time "out of the bubble" and back in their "real world", and provides them some stark clarity as far as what they are REALLY feeling for the lead.  I suspect that whatever natural skepticism Brooks had about the viability of his relationship with Des prior to HTDs was exacerbated by his visit with his family, and even though he chose to accept the rose at the F4 RC (probably a combination of his confusion/uncertainty about what to do along with prodding from the producers; let us not forget Ed's classic words that this show is a mindf**k and these people are not thinking straight), he must have regretted it immediately afterwards, which is why he came to Antigua with the intention of dropping out/rectifying the situation.  I can't fault him for that; it's not like he was a Bentley with no feeling whatsover for the lead.  As has been said many times, it's easy to sit here in judgment of what these contestants do, but until you're actually in the (highly manipulated)situation living it, you really never know how you'll behave.  And comparing it to how we did behave or would behave in a "similar" real relationship situation, is, to some degree, ludicrous.

It cannot be said enough that by this point, the Des/Chris relationship is "on its own", and will rise or fall based on whatever the two have built and will continue to build since filming wrapped back in May.  Brooks, and whatever went on with him, has nothing to do with it anymore.  And if they're both boring, then it's a good thing they found each other.

On another note, has anyone read Chris' book of poetry?  I saw some excerpts on a site, and the poems are beyond painfully bad IMO.  Hope he doesn't quit his day job.

Well said ironcat.....except for the ludicrous part. But overall, a wonderful post! High clap 

Spot on about what happens with the hometowns!! Remember graham? Lol.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:16 am

karenap63 wrote:I know they are happy and I want nothing but the best for them.  I'm just tired of all the Brooks bashing.  He's gay, he can't commit. What you are so in love after 2-3 exotic dates.  That wasn't the real world.  What everybody seems to forget is BROOKS DUMPED HER.  I really believe this was all for RATINGS.  I have a son who is Brooks and Chris age.  If my son would be engaged 2 days later to someone who just told someone else they loved him,  as a mother I would really be concerned.  I only watched this show because I really liked Brooks.  If he would have left earlier, I never would have finished watching it. I do hope Chris and Dez make it.  They need to just take their time and see where it goes.  My opinion is Brooks was the only honest person on this show.
The point is, I really don't think things went down as we were shown. I think there was a whole lot more to it, but yes, Brooks made his mind up really late in the game when others, including Chris Harrison, noted in Madeira that Brooks really wasn't into Des. Why didn't Brooks back out then versus dragging things out? As far as Chris, I do think that she had fallen for him a lot earlier than some would think. If you look back at their dates, we were actually shown their love story, but because of the Brooks spoiler, it was harder to see what was actually being told at the time. I do believe that Brooks does have committment problems, but that is my opinion. Just a FYI, it is possible to fall in love with someone that quickly..talk to Brad and Bianka from Bachelor Canada. They did it in 7 episodes versus the 12, so it is completely possible, not to mention that some in real life that had fallen in love early. Met someone, got married in 1 month time and been together for over 20 years, so it is entirely possible. By the way, Brooks left on apr 30, and Des/Chris got engaged on May 6, so definitely more than 3 days. I understand it is your opinion that Brooks is the only honest person on this show, but I am wondering why you feel that way?

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10789

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:22 am

Mustang19 wrote:
Muslady wrote:Brooks was honest just a bit slow to let Des know his feelings.  Chris was more honest as expressed his feelings to her each time he was with her, either with poetry or conversation.  Des had no questions about where she stood with Chris, this was not the case with Brooks.JMO
Sorry, but this makes no sense to me. A bit slow? He told her when he realized he wasn't feeling it. It's not like he knew weeks before and held onto that little tidbit, accepting roses the whole time. He told her the very next time he saw her. Chris, Zak AND Drew all told her of their feelings and were ALL honest, not just Chris. Des was telling Chris H that she loved Brooks for weeks, but didn't tell Brooks apparently even in private. The least honest person in this group was Des herself. Brooks took the hard way out. Him telling the truth wasn't easy for anyone, but it's better than lying and saying he loved her when he didn't. Chris, Drew and Zak had it easy in speaking the truth.
For what it's worth, he did know about it in Madeira, but didn't do anything about it then, so yes, he was slow in telling Des. I do think that you are maybe wrong, because Des wasn't telling Chris Harrison for WEEKS that she loved Brooks. She did say she was falling in love with him but didn't say she LOVED him that long. One thing that I don't agree with, Des was honest. The concept of the show and for filming reasons means that we are only shown what they(producers) want us to see. For all we know, she could of been saying for WEEKS that it is Chris that she loves and not Brooks, but we as the viewers were only given what the producers wanted us to see in order for them to tell the story they wanted us to see. By saying that Des wasn't being honest, I think is really harsh as you weren't there as filming happened, and neither was I so for us to assume that she wasn't honest really isn't fair. IMO

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:17 am

Aunties_Love wrote:
karenap63 wrote:I know they are happy and I want nothing but the best for them.  I'm just tired of all the Brooks bashing.  He's gay, he can't commit. What you are so in love after 2-3 exotic dates.  That wasn't the real world.  What everybody seems to forget is BROOKS DUMPED HER.  I really believe this was all for RATINGS.  I have a son who is Brooks and Chris age.  If my son would be engaged 2 days later to someone who just told someone else they loved him,  as a mother I would really be concerned.  I only watched this show because I really liked Brooks.  If he would have left earlier, I never would have finished watching it. I do hope Chris and Dez make it.  They need to just take their time and see where it goes.  My opinion is Brooks was the only honest person on this show.
The point is, I really don't think things went down as we were shown. I think there was a whole lot more to it, but yes, Brooks made his mind up really late in the game when others, including Chris Harrison, noted in Madeira that Brooks really wasn't into Des.  Why didn't Brooks back out then versus dragging things out?  As far as Chris, I do think that she had fallen for him a lot earlier than some would think.  If you look back at their dates, we were actually shown their love story, but because of the Brooks spoiler, it was harder to see what was actually being told at the time.  I do believe that Brooks does have committment problems, but that is my opinion.  Just a FYI, it is possible to fall in love with someone that quickly..talk to Brad and Bianka from Bachelor Canada.  They did it in 7 episodes versus the 12, so it is completely possible, not to mention that some in real life that had fallen in love early.  Met someone, got married in 1 month time and been together for over 20 years, so it is entirely possible.  By the way, Brooks left on apr 30, and Des/Chris got engaged on May 6, so definitely more than 3 days.  I understand it is your opinion that Brooks is the only honest person on this show, but I am wondering why you feel that way?
How do you know those dates? We have been trying to figure it out. Do you just think the date of 4/29 in Chris' book as MTP is a mistake?

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:37 am

grace8136 wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
The point is, I really don't think things went down as we were shown. I think there was a whole lot more to it, but yes, Brooks made his mind up really late in the game when others, including Chris Harrison, noted in Madeira that Brooks really wasn't into Des.  Why didn't Brooks back out then versus dragging things out?  As far as Chris, I do think that she had fallen for him a lot earlier than some would think.  If you look back at their dates, we were actually shown their love story, but because of the Brooks spoiler, it was harder to see what was actually being told at the time.  I do believe that Brooks does have committment problems, but that is my opinion.  Just a FYI, it is possible to fall in love with someone that quickly..talk to Brad and Bianka from Bachelor Canada.  They did it in 7 episodes versus the 12, so it is completely possible, not to mention that some in real life that had fallen in love early.  Met someone, got married in 1 month time and been together for over 20 years, so it is entirely possible.  By the way, Brooks left on apr 30, and Des/Chris got engaged on May 6, so definitely more than 3 days.  I understand it is your opinion that Brooks is the only honest person on this show, but I am wondering why you feel that way?
How do you know those dates? We have been trying to figure it out. Do you just think the date of 4/29 in Chris' book as MTP is a mistake?
I was going by the date of Brooks being in Idaho on apr 27, being back on twitter by apr 30, which now seems to be his proper twitter acct, and the released finale date of May 6. To me, Brooks was done on the show by Apr 30, therefore, there is 7 days from then to the finale of May 6, therefore more than 2 days has passed. I think that from the Apr 29 date that was in Chris's book, yes, he may of met her family on that date and they were given from then to the May 6 finale date to spend more time together. That is the part that we as viewers of the show probably weren't privy to but yet did happen. These are just my thoughts, but I was taking known dates of Apr 27(Brooks/Idaho), 30th(Brooks on twitter) and the finale date of May 6.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:54 am

Aunties_Love wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:
Muslady wrote:Brooks was honest just a bit slow to let Des know his feelings.  Chris was more honest as expressed his feelings to her each time he was with her, either with poetry or conversation.  Des had no questions about where she stood with Chris, this was not the case with Brooks.JMO
Sorry, but this makes no sense to me. A bit slow? He told her when he realized he wasn't feeling it. It's not like he knew weeks before and held onto that little tidbit, accepting roses the whole time. He told her the very next time he saw her. Chris, Zak AND Drew all told her of their feelings and were ALL honest, not just Chris. Des was telling Chris H that she loved Brooks for weeks, but didn't tell Brooks apparently even in private. The least honest person in this group was Des herself. Brooks took the hard way out. Him telling the truth wasn't easy for anyone, but it's better than lying and saying he loved her when he didn't. Chris, Drew and Zak had it easy in speaking the truth.
For what it's worth, he did know about it in Madeira, but didn't do anything about it then, so yes, he was slow in telling Des.  I do think that you are maybe wrong, because Des wasn't telling Chris Harrison for WEEKS that she loved Brooks.  She did say she was falling in love with him but didn't say she LOVED him that long.  One thing that I don't agree with, Des was honest.  The concept of the show and for filming reasons means that we are only shown what they(producers) want us to see.  For all we know, she could of been saying for WEEKS that it is Chris that she loves and not Brooks, but we as the viewers were only given what the producers wanted us to see in order for them to tell the story they wanted us to see.  By saying that Des wasn't being honest, I think is really harsh as you weren't there as filming happened, and neither was I so for us to assume that she wasn't honest really isn't fair.  IMO
It is good to remember that the highlighted applies to everything...for everyone.  

Some insist that the Chris love story happened much earlier. That Brooks should have told her how he felt earlier. We were not there for any of it so it is all just speculation on our parts. Our own experiences and prejudices effect how we see things. Some buy the love story, some not so much.

Post show people are speculating by dissecting every little bit of the show to make it fit the ending. Blaming Brooks for how he acted seems to be part of that. We are all aware of how producers work...playing with peoples minds by feeding them false information, manipulating their feelings by using their weaknesses against them, making them stay even when they want to go.  It seems to be OK to give Des a break with how she acted but to me it seems as if Brook's isn't being given the same slack. JMO of course and I didn't particularly like any of them!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:25 am

Aunties_Love wrote:
grace8136 wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
I was going by the date of Brooks being in Idaho on apr 27, being back on twitter by apr 30, which now seems to be his proper twitter acct, and the released finale date of May 6.  To me, Brooks was done on the show by Apr 30, therefore, there is 7 days from then to the finale of May 6, therefore more than 2 days has passed.  I think that from the Apr 29 date that was in Chris's book, yes, he may of met her family on that date and they were given from then to the May 6 finale date to spend more time together.  That is the part that we as viewers of the show probably weren't privy to but yet did happen.  These are just my thoughts, but I was taking known dates of Apr 27(Brooks/Idaho), 30th(Brooks on twitter) and the finale date of May 6.
OK.. thanks.. didn't know Brooks was back on twitter on the 30th. Thought they kept the F3 until everyone leaves. Seems like him being back on twitter should have been a dead give-away. scratch 

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:36 am

karenap63 wrote:Call her Brooks.  She'll be on the next plane having fun and good times with you and your wonderful family.  Even if it's just to be friends.  She is so boring now.  She is taking away the best years of her life.  She acts 50 years old.  Des and Chris=BORING.   Brooks=too honest for this show.  Brooks will find what he is looking for - too good a man not to.thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
And we're all sitting behind a computer screen on a message board talking about people we don't know - we must be not be boring or anything....laugh out loud sorry, chris and des have normal lives and do normal things. I'm not sure what people are expecting from them, especially if we don't know them personally?

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:36 am

grace8136 wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
grace8136 wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
I was going by the date of Brooks being in Idaho on apr 27, being back on twitter by apr 30, which now seems to be his proper twitter acct, and the released finale date of May 6.  To me, Brooks was done on the show by Apr 30, therefore, there is 7 days from then to the finale of May 6, therefore more than 2 days has passed.  I think that from the Apr 29 date that was in Chris's book, yes, he may of met her family on that date and they were given from then to the May 6 finale date to spend more time together.  That is the part that we as viewers of the show probably weren't privy to but yet did happen.  These are just my thoughts, but I was taking known dates of Apr 27(Brooks/Idaho), 30th(Brooks on twitter) and the finale date of May 6.
OK.. thanks.. didn't know Brooks was back on twitter on the 30th. Thought they kept the F3 until everyone leaves. Seems like him being back on twitter should have been a dead give-away. scratch 
Apparently he had a couple of twitter accts.

Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:48 am

Aunties_Love wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:
For what it's worth, he did know about it in Madeira, but didn't do anything about it then, so yes, he was slow in telling Des.  I do think that you are maybe wrong, because Des wasn't telling Chris Harrison for WEEKS that she loved Brooks.  She did say she was falling in love with him but didn't say she LOVED him that long.  One thing that I don't agree with, Des was honest.  The concept of the show and for filming reasons means that we are only shown what they(producers) want us to see.  For all we know, she could of been saying for WEEKS that it is Chris that she loves and not Brooks, but we as the viewers were only given what the producers wanted us to see in order for them to tell the story they wanted us to see.  By saying that Des wasn't being honest, I think is really harsh as you weren't there as filming happened, and neither was I so for us to assume that she wasn't honest really isn't fair.  IMO
Well, I can honestly say that that is the first time in my entire life I have ever been called harsh. If you knew me, that would be the last description someone would say about me.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree. I don't believe that any of your speculation is correct just as you don't believe mine. She did say to CH "I love Brooks". She said lots of things. Brooks never said he wasn't feeling it, just that he didn't know if he was to the point of a proposal - big difference. I'll have to go rewatch the Madeira episode where you say Brooks did know then - seems to me I missed that. Again, neither of us know them or were there so all of this is just our own opinions.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Discussion Group

+48