SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Discussion Group

Page 29 of 37 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Discussion Group - Page 29 Empty Re: Brooks Discussion Group

Post by bleuberry Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:55 pm

california90 wrote:
karenap63 wrote:Call her Brooks.  She'll be on the next plane having fun and good times with you and your wonderful family.  Even if it's just to be friends.  She is so boring now.  She is taking away the best years of her life.  She acts 50 years old.  Des and Chris=BORING.   Brooks=too honest for this show.  Brooks will find what he is looking for - too good a man not to.thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
And we're all sitting behind a computer screen on a message board talking about people we don't know - we must be not be boring or anything....laugh out loud sorry, chris and des have normal lives and do normal things. I'm not sure what people are expecting from them, especially if we don't know them personally?

High clap 

rofl

Thank you.
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:19 pm

Mustang19 wrote:
Muslady wrote:Brooks was honest just a bit slow to let Des know his feelings.  Chris was more honest as expressed his feelings to her each time he was with her, either with poetry or conversation.  Des had no questions about where she stood with Chris, this was not the case with Brooks.JMO
Sorry, but this makes no sense to me. A bit slow? He told her when he realized he wasn't feeling it. It's not like he knew weeks before and held onto that little tidbit, accepting roses the whole time. He told her the very next time he saw her. Chris, Zak AND Drew all told her of their feelings and were ALL honest, not just Chris. Des was telling Chris H that she loved Brooks for weeks, but didn't tell Brooks apparently even in private. The least honest person in this group was Des herself. Brooks took the hard way out. Him telling the truth wasn't easy for anyone, but it's better than lying and saying he loved her when he didn't. Chris, Drew and Zak had it easy in speaking the truth.
According to Chris H., Brooks had been up and down about his feeling for Des from the beginning; and, that it was Des who didn't want to accept it (apparently Des saw the same as Chris H. but thought that he would change).  So imo Brooks knew that he wasn't feeling it for Des early on.  So I never understood why he didn't leave at HTD if he wasn't going to the end.  jmo
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:44 pm

Mustang19 wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:
Muslady wrote:Brooks was honest just a bit slow to let Des know his feelings.  Chris was more honest as expressed his feelings to her each time he was with her, either with poetry or conversation.  Des had no questions about where she stood with Chris, this was not the case with Brooks.JMO
Sorry, but this makes no sense to me. A bit slow? He told her when he realized he wasn't feeling it. It's not like he knew weeks before and held onto that little tidbit, accepting roses the whole time. He told her the very next time he saw her. Chris, Zak AND Drew all told her of their feelings and were ALL honest, not just Chris. Des was telling Chris H that she loved Brooks for weeks, but didn't tell Brooks apparently even in private. The least honest person in this group was Des herself. Brooks took the hard way out. Him telling the truth wasn't easy for anyone, but it's better than lying and saying he loved her when he didn't. Chris, Drew and Zak had it easy in speaking the truth.
For what it's worth, he did know about it in Madeira, but didn't do anything about it then, so yes, he was slow in telling Des.  I do think that you are maybe wrong, because Des wasn't telling Chris Harrison for WEEKS that she loved Brooks.  She did say she was falling in love with him but didn't say she LOVED him that long.  One thing that I don't agree with, Des was honest.  The concept of the show and for filming reasons means that we are only shown what they(producers) want us to see.  For all we know, she could of been saying for WEEKS that it is Chris that she loves and not Brooks, but we as the viewers were only given what the producers wanted us to see in order for them to tell the story they wanted us to see.  By saying that Des wasn't being honest, I think is really harsh as you weren't there as filming happened, and neither was I so for us to assume that she wasn't honest really isn't fair.  IMO
Well, I can honestly say that that is the first time in my entire life I have ever been called harsh. If you knew me, that would be the last description someone would say about me.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree. I don't believe that any of your speculation is correct just as you don't believe mine. She did say to CH "I love Brooks". She said lots of things. Brooks never said he wasn't feeling it, just that he didn't know if he was to the point of a proposal - big difference. I'll have to go rewatch the Madeira episode where you say Brooks did know then - seems to me I missed that. Again, neither of us know them or were there so all of this is just our own opinions.
Regarding the bolded, Brooks said that he knew what love felt like and he didn't feel it with Des. So I guess one can say that he wasn't feeling it with Des.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:05 pm

2observe wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:
For what it's worth, he did know about it in Madeira, but didn't do anything about it then, so yes, he was slow in telling Des.  I do think that you are maybe wrong, because Des wasn't telling Chris Harrison for WEEKS that she loved Brooks.  She did say she was falling in love with him but didn't say she LOVED him that long.  One thing that I don't agree with, Des was honest.  The concept of the show and for filming reasons means that we are only shown what they(producers) want us to see.  For all we know, she could of been saying for WEEKS that it is Chris that she loves and not Brooks, but we as the viewers were only given what the producers wanted us to see in order for them to tell the story they wanted us to see.  By saying that Des wasn't being honest, I think is really harsh as you weren't there as filming happened, and neither was I so for us to assume that she wasn't honest really isn't fair.  IMO
Well, I can honestly say that that is the first time in my entire life I have ever been called harsh. If you knew me, that would be the last description someone would say about me.

We are just going to have to agree to disagree. I don't believe that any of your speculation is correct just as you don't believe mine. She did say to CH "I love Brooks". She said lots of things. Brooks never said he wasn't feeling it, just that he didn't know if he was to the point of a proposal - big difference. I'll have to go rewatch the Madeira episode where you say Brooks did know then - seems to me I missed that. Again, neither of us know them or were there so all of this is just our own opinions.
Regarding the bolded, Brooks said that he knew what love felt like and he didn't feel it with Des.  So I guess one can say that he wasn't feeling it with Des.
Brooks said he knew what love felt like and didn't feel it with Des at the AFR, not during the show. My point being he had been saying he had feelings for her, but not to the point of forever. Once he came to a conclusion of what his feelings really were, after hometowns, he told her. There are comments saying he knew at a much earlier point and was leading her on, thus should have not accepted a rose. He told her when he came to the conclusion that he didn't love her.
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:40 pm

Mustang19 wrote:
2observe wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:

Regarding the bolded, Brooks said that he knew what love felt like and he didn't feel it with Des.  So I guess one can say that he wasn't feeling it with Des.
Brooks said he knew what love felt like and didn't feel it with Des at the AFR, not during the show. My point being he had been saying he had feelings for her, but not to the point of forever. Once he came to a conclusion of what his feelings really were, after hometowns, he told her. There are comments saying he knew at a much earlier point and was leading her on, thus should have not accepted a rose. He told her when he came to the conclusion that he didn't love her.
As was previously pointed out:

None of us were there.
None of us know what really happened.
None of us know what the people involved were feeling and when they were feeling it.
We are all speculating based on our own perceptions which are based on our own experiences.

Every season has the fans and revisionists coming out and trying to justify who, what, where, when and why...based on their favourites.deadhorse 

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:05 pm

2observe wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:
According to Chris H., Brooks had been up and down about his feeling for Des from the beginning; and, that it was Des who didn't want to accept it (apparently Des saw the same as Chris H. but thought that he would change).  So imo Brooks knew that he wasn't feeling it for Des early on.  So I never understood why he didn't leave at HTD if he wasn't going to the end.  jmo

Totally agree with you!  Chris H. was so hard on Brooks post show for a reason. I believe he along with some of the producers saw the red flags but knew there was only so much he could say. Post show we did find out he brought up his concerns to Des but she did not want to hear them or thought he would change.  Des saw the red flags and if she had it to do over I am sure she would do things differently. But that is not how life works. No one has a crystal ball.  I still stand by my feelings right after the show. Brooks did the right thing and was honest with himself and Des.  I am sure he was starting to question it much earlier, but did not know for sure. That, along with producer prodding to go ahead and make the trip to Antigua, did not help the situation.

If you remember when Brooks came out at the atfr show, He was relieved when Des said she was glad he was honest.  I think he was probably worried that she knew he was conflicted before that and didn't share or at least did not share fully. In his defense, he might have tried. We were not there. Anyway, love always works out like it should!  (Des's words too!!). Everyone is happy and Chris and Des are in love and seem to be enjoying each other! :cutesmile!:
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:59 pm

des said she wasn't bothered by the fact that brooks hadn't said he loved her verbally. she thought how he acted with her showed he did love her and said this to CH at least once. she was over the moon for brooks. she was like a giddy school girl when she was talking with his mom at his HTD. 

i think she wanted to be with him so much she probably wasn't paying enough attention to how he felt about her. kind of like with sean too when he let her go. jmo.

brooks told her as soon as knew (and was allowed to by producers) he wasn't in love with des. she asked him in their breakup why he didn't tell her sooner and he said he didn't know before. his whole m.o. was to be honest. of course the producers did it just like with bryden and made him fly to another country just to break up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:09 pm

gabriele wrote:
des said she wasn't bothered by the fact that brooks hadn't said he loved her verbally. she thought how he acted with her showed he did love her and said this to CH at least once. she was over the moon for brooks. she was like a giddy school girl when she was talking with his mom at his HTD. 

i think she wanted to be with him so much she probably wasn't paying enough attention to how he felt about her. kind of like with sean too when he let her go. jmo.

brooks told her as soon as knew (and was allowed to by producers) he wasn't in love with des. she asked him in their breakup why he didn't tell her sooner and he said he didn't know before. his whole m.o. was to be honest. of course the producers did it just like with bryden and made him fly to another country just to break up.
If we take the show at face value and assume there is no storyboard, no shenanigans, I agree with this. My only question is it seems like because of ratings they have to go into it with a plan, otherwise they would be a nervous wreck that it would be a boring season. Not sure they can just leave it up to chance when there is so much money on the line. They have Chris (fake) down on one knee at the beginning like Jim Halpert and patiently waiting for her to realize he is the one, just like Jim. I just don't buy that Chris and his family are fine with what we saw, so to me it seems there are some things we don't know. She mentioned in one of the interviews that he wasn't good at keeping secrets, but agreed he was good at keeping the ending a secret... so what secrets can't he keep?

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:35 pm

grace8136 wrote:
gabriele wrote:

If we take the show at face value and assume there is no storyboard, no shenanigans, I agree with this. My only question is it seems like because of ratings they have to go into it with a plan, otherwise they would be a nervous wreck that it would be a boring season. Not sure they can just leave it up to chance when there is so much money on the line. They have Chris (fake) down on one knee at the beginning like Jim Halpert and patiently waiting for her to realize he is the one, just like Jim. I just don't buy that Chris and his family are fine with what we saw, so to me it seems there are some things we don't know. She mentioned in one of the interviews that he wasn't good at keeping secrets, but agreed he was good at keeping the ending a secret... so what secrets can't he keep?

Hmmmmm... Good point grace! She did say that in an interview post show and I remember thinking the same thing! At first I thought she meant the outcome but then they both agreed he did a good job keeping THAT a secret so what did she mean. Makes you wonder. question 
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Aunties_Love Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Mustang19 wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:

All I said is what you said was harsh, not you.

Candace:  There is nothing better than an Auntie's Love!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Aunties_Love
Aunties_Love

Female Posts : 10796

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:04 pm

Sprite wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:
2observe wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
Mustang19 wrote:

As was previously pointed out:

None of us were there.
None of us know what really happened.
None of us know what the people involved were feeling and when they were feeling it.
We are all speculating based on our own perceptions which are based on our own experiences.

Every season has the fans and revisionists coming out and trying to justify who, what, where, when and why...based on their favourites.deadhorse 
You mean like when people were saying Jef and Emily were a fake couple? giggling I think we've seen enough to question what is presented. I agree that while some of us (myself included) enjoy trying to figure out what is real and what is not, it does feel like beating a dead horse sometimes because we won't know anytime soon, if ever. :Frown:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:15 pm

soccermom333 wrote:
grace8136 wrote:
gabriele wrote:

Hmmmmm... Good point grace!  She did say that in an interview post show and I remember thinking the same thing!  At first I thought she meant the outcome but then they both agreed he did a good job keeping THAT a secret so what did she mean. Makes you wonder.  question 
I know, right.. imagine my questioning mind racing about WHAT SECRETS!!? Should we speculate or are we already doing that? giggling Let's see.. we have pondered the storyboard which is my first guess. Second guess was that she was a virgin, but would he tell people that? Don't think so. Maybe Becky. Could have been about some other aspect of sex.. passion maybe. What else do you keep a secret? Her move to Seattle? Doesn't seem like that would need to be a secret to those already in the know. So to me.. it seems like it had to be about the show. One thing I will say is that if there was any storyboard, secrets in the show... I don't think Brooks was in on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 37 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Discussion Group

+48
jlccaz
JBF
joy08