SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #6

Page 14 of 47 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 30 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #6 - Page 14 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #6

Post by atem Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:55 pm

MonicaJM2001 wrote:So is this marketing Boston thing the whole week?
Pretty much, but I don't know how long Fit Marketing will be there.
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #6 - Page 14 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #6

Post by Judiful Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:36 am

Rolly wrote:Brooks was always going to be Des' F1 and that only changed because Brooks left. If Brooks had stayed Des would have picked him. Des was ready to accept a proposal from Brooks even after her FD with Chris and Drew. She loved Brooks, he was the only one she could say that to, when she was on dates she wanted to be with Brooks and she wanted to give her heart to him. Brooks leaving opened the door for Chris.

I can't believe there wasn't more to Brooks' relationship with Des than being engaging, charismatic, and friendly. All you have to do is look at the HT and how he felt at the end. I think he was falling for her but not ready to get engaged. I don't think he would have gone forward with the HT if he didn't see potential. In fact she said she only wanted to meet his family if it was something he wanted and if he saw potential. He saw the HT as being very serious and a big step because he doesn't bring home  a lot of women to meet his family. I think he is too nice a guy to string Des along if there wasn't potential, JMO (as always).

Relaxing, I agree with you. I miss seeing Brooks and I still like seeing Brooks and Des together. Wish I had time to watch the whole season again. I saw a developing love story that I think would have ended differently if there had been more time and not the pressure of a proposal.
I'm with you, Rolly !! Unlike many other people and some of my personal friends, it looks like you and I were watching the same show..As far as I'm concerned, it was Brooks and Des from the get go !! I do remember her holding her left hand up as she stated in her intro video that in the end she wanted a proposal with a ring on her finger. So with that being said, when Brooks left her crying on the pier, Chris came to her rescue a couple of days later. I will never rule out behind the scenes manipulation from the producers and handlers with this fiasco. Desiree told Chris Harrison in Madeira that she was in love with Brooks...he asked her if she was afraid of being hurt and with tears in her eyes she told him no ~ she wasn't afraid of being hurt. I remember at the time thinking it seemed like a weird question to ask. Also, by this time, they knew Brooks was a little behind in his emotional process with her .But, those two had an awesome hometown date in Salt Lake City with the Foresters. They looked like young lovers so happy together. But then, all that special music and all those special questions directed to him from his family seemed terribly suspicious to me. I have always wondered who actually suggested them. It seems so ironic how those very questions were answered on the pier!! That dramatic finale was a gift to a show that had been suffering sluggish ratings all season...Boy all that Brooks and Desiree drama certainly revved it all up !! People are saying she was only infatuated with Brooks..I disagree. I can't imagine ever saying those things to a person I wasn't in love with !! After being dumped twice within a few short months on national TV, I think she was absolutely desperate to get engaged JMO !! Everything turned out the way it was supposed to . In the end, Brooks wasn't ready to propose to her because he really needed more time and there was none..Well, that's cool because it's over now and he's free to fly, while Des is engaged to Chris sharing a Seattle home . I'm really sick and tired of going over this, but I do it because i honestly believe there was so much more that went on behind the scenes than meets the eye... The power of suggestion is absolutely powerful ,and the producers know exactly how it works...deadhorse 

Team Sugar And Spice [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
 .     Scary-Good
Judiful
Judiful

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:32 am

i thought you guys would find this interesting and i'm posting it here because this is primarily where i hang out on this board. it's from another board i frequent where someone randomly was asking about being interviewed for a reality tv show. this was one of the responses to them from someone who worked for a reality tv show.

I used to work in reality TV (including some shows you've probably heard of and/or even seen), and there is not enough money in the world to make me willing to be on one of those shows.

Hell, there wasn't even enough money to keep me working on those shows. I've never felt dirtier in my life than when I was working in that world and I've produced TV commercials for candy and sugar cereal.

As others have noted, reality series survive on drama and conflict. Much--really, almost all--of the time, it is drama and conflict conceived and generated by the producers.

In many cases, we would go into the casting process with specific storylines in mind, and cast based on who we thought was either the most likely to give us--or most easily manipulated into giving us--the desired drama/conflict/"story."

If the anticipated conflict didn't develop on its own, the on-location producers did their best to stir it up. You know, things like "Gosh Contestant Mary, I can't believe she said that to you. That's totally uncalled for. I'm surprised you're so calm about it. I know that if someone said something like that to me I'd be pretty pissed off, and I'd want to let them know about it..."

Sounds pretty transparent and unsubtle, I know, but having camera and sound equipment in your face 18 hours a day is ****ing exhausting, which is not an accident because people become poor decision-makers when they are exhausted, and are much more easily manipulated.

But don't worry, even if the cast resists being manipulated into following the intended storyline, with hundreds or sometimes even thousands of hours of footage, the editors can create pretty much any story they want. So you'll have that to look forward to as well.

As to the contract, you could (and should) have a lawyer go over it with you, but know that the production company is unlikely to be willing to make any substantive changes. There's always another sucker desperate to be on TV who will sign it without a second thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:26 am

No pics yet from the HupSpot event? Drat!

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:34 am

Cannot insert twitter pics but here is one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jenbsanchez11 Jennifer Sanchez 8h
@brooksforester and myself at #INBOUND13! Everyone go listen to his session! He's awesome. pic.twitter.com/tYOOsDSmY8

Last edited by iamreal2u on Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:34 am

At least one lady was nice enough to put up a pic!  A pretty good one.

Ooops.  I see that iamreal2u posted the same pic!

iamreal2u wrote:Cannot insert twitter pics but here is one.

atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:37 am

Not many pics at all. Very surprising.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Brooks Forester ‏@brooksforester 1m

One marketing genius and one other guy. #Marketing #INBOUND13 @ThisIsSethsBlog pic.twitter.com/4MaXzq6rGI

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:08 am

atem wrote:At least one lady was nice enough to put up a pic!  A pretty good one.

Ooops.  I see that iamreal2u posted the same pic!

iamreal2u wrote:Cannot insert twitter pics but here is one.

Sounds like he was presenting!!!!

sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:08 am

Good Morning everyone! :WAVEY: 

I don't know how to post pictures, but here is the latest Brooks tweet.  And he looks (as always!) so cute!

Brooks Forester ‏@brooksforester 2m One marketing genius and one other guy. #Marketing #INBOUND13 @ThisIsSethsBlog pic.twitter.com/4MaXzq6rGI

ETA:  I see it's now posted above! Here is one more.

davebascom Dave Bascom 26m @brooksforester is about to take the stage at #INBOUND13 with @dansally - @FitMarketing1 @owenfuller pic.twitter.com/fTdx5aaChA

Last edited by Piper61 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:23 am; edited 3 times in total
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:11 am

Piper61 wrote:Good Morning everyone! :WAVEY: 

I don't know how to post pictures, but here is the latest Brooks tweet.  And he looks (as always!) so cute!

Brooks Forester ‏@brooksforester 2m One marketing genius and one other guy. #Marketing #INBOUND13 @ThisIsSethsBlog pic.twitter.com/4MaXzq6rGI
e

Thanks for the pics - he does look cute!

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:11 am

afterawhile wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Brooks Forester ‏@brooksforester 1m

One marketing genius and one other guy. #Marketing #INBOUND13 @ThisIsSethsBlog pic.twitter.com/4MaXzq6rGI
Soooooooooo cute is the "one other guy!"
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 47 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 30 ... 47  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 - Fan Thread - Discussion #6

+32
ddukes
BarbB222
karenap63
soccermom333
jlccaz