SELECT CONTENT

Marquel Martin - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marquel Martin - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Marquel Martin - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by Bet2Win Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:05 am

I agree Cat. Because they are both considered minorities? Good grief!
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Marquel Martin - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Page 12 Empty Re: Marquel Martin - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by chloep Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:15 am

^^ Yes. I don't agree the least bit, but that's how ABC sees it... The only reason they chose JP as the lead was because they thought, that he was gonna be this hot Latin lover guy -  plus finally putting the discrimination lawsuits at rest -.... Knowing how that turned out and how much grief they got over JP, I don't see them "risking" a minority lead for while.... (And I say "risking", because whenever you deviate from your usual type(that made the show popular) you are risking losing viewers - would you for sure lose them? No. But in a way choosing somebody like Chris is a safe bet..)

Last edited by chloep on Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:16 am

Thanks chlo - still it's apples and oranges.

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by Beagle Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:22 am

chloep wrote:^^ Yes. I don't agree the least bit, but that's how ABC sees it... The only reason they chose JP as the lead was because they thought that he was gonna be this hot Latin lover guy -  plus finally putting the discrimination lawsuits at rest -.... Knowing how that turned out and how much grief they got over JP, I don't see them "risking" a minority lead for while.... (And I say "risking", because whenever you deviate from your usual type(that made the show popular) you are risking losing viewers - would you for sure lose them? No. But in a way choosing somebody like Chris is a safe bet..)

It is a shame they chose the wrong latin guy as the lead. JPG had zero personality plus a huge barrier with language. I never found him that attractive and wasn't into his personality either in Des season. Had they gotten Roberto as the lead it could have been a different story, although he needed more of a sense of humor to my liking.
Beagle
Beagle

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:24 am

Beagle wrote:
chloep wrote:^^ Yes. I don't agree the least bit, but that's how ABC sees it... The only reason they chose JP as the lead was because they thought that he was gonna be this hot Latin lover guy -  plus finally putting the discrimination lawsuits at rest -.... Knowing how that turned out and how much grief they got over JP, I don't see them "risking" a minority lead for while.... (And I say "risking", because whenever you deviate from your usual type(that made the show popular) you are risking losing viewers - would you for sure lose them? No. But in a way choosing somebody like Chris is a safe bet..)

It is a shame they chose the wrong latin guy as the lead. JPG had zero personality plus a huge barrier with language. I never found him that attractive and wasn't into his personality either in Des season. Had they gotten Roberto as the lead it could have been a different story, although he needed more of a sense of humor to my liking.

Roberto could be mute, and I'd still watch.  :WAVEY: 
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:25 am

Beagle wrote:

I believe they have tried to get Roberto and he is too smart to go near it!

Also, unfortunately in Disney/ABC world, I think there is caucasian and everyone else. I agree it is stupid.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:01 pm

I think part of the comparison to JP is that Marquel leaves early, even earlier than JP I think, has no one on one, no real story built up around him, we don't get to meet his family etc. It's kind of like he's an unknown commodity to viewers compared to the top 4 who get way more screen time and story built around them. Like JP, TPTB might fear that we love him in small doses before we really get to know him, but he hasn't been tested on a larger scale.

Not that I think we wouldn't still love Marquel the more we got to know him. I'm sure we would. I wish he had more air time and a one on one date  hissyfit .

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:10 pm

I hope to see lots more of this cutie on BIP.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:51 pm

Bet2Win wrote:
Beagle wrote:

Roberto could be mute, and I'd still watch.   :WAVEY: 

rofl 
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:03 pm

Bet2Win wrote:
chloep wrote:^^snip

Roberto could be mute, and I'd still watch.   :WAVEY: 

I'll second that!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:08 pm

Marquel Martin - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Page 12 23syzhk
#tbt to that one time marquel became the middle of a #teammeglin sandwhich at the #mohegansun in ct! Miss u two! #thebachelorette @mfirestone

Marquel Martin - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Page 12 2dhsaj4
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:09 pm

That would have been during filing right ? Too funny.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Marquel Martin - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

+55
Alanna
emad0722
George1218
mtnlvr55
ThankMeLater