SELECT CONTENT

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Page 14 of 53 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 33 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Post by MiaHawk Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Question: Is it within this site's rules to copy another member's posts from one of our threads and electronically transmit it to another website for (possible) publication?

For example: Could someone else copy and paste one of my posts and include it in an email that is sent to the online editor of the Huffington Post?

Just curious. Thanks.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:28 pm

I am wondering the same thing, Mia. Did someone from here really send RS an email with all those posts, or did he copy them from here himself? Whichever way it went, it shouldn't be tolerated. Is there a confidentiality inherent or implied with posts written here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:48 pm

I am going out on a limb and saying: It is not a "rule". But it is not cool to do. I guess it is something we are going to have to look into.
I think within our site rules we even have rules about bringing certain posts in certain threads and bringing them over if they are not authored by ourself.
(Rule found in Fan Forum: Fan forum discussions are to remain in the Fan forum. If you would like to discuss the conversation in the General Discussion thread, you must ask the poster for permission.
Rule: A post in a General Discussion Thread may be copied and brought over to another General Discussion Thread with the approval of the original poster. Approval verification in all cases, is to be confirmed by thanking the original poster in your post. The Administrator or a Moderator may move a post from a Fan Thread to a General Discussion Thread if it is not an appropriate Fan Thread post.
)

IF there is an issue about this Mia please address this in PM to GA.
In the meantime, contact me by pm please.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:24 pm

There is no inherent confidentiality, this is a public board for any and all to view as guests. IIRC, one of the mags in the past credited posters here for their posts/sleuthing. The only thing private is your actual personal information, ie name, email addy, etc.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:30 pm

This is just my opinion, but sharing other posters comments with RS or any outside website without the permission of the poster should not be allowed. If it isn't in the site rules I hope we can add it.

It was disturbing to see RS not only quote exact posts, but posters names. Unless he or the person who send the letter had the posters permission it seems really wrong and since it was used in an uncomplimentary fashion by RS, to me it is like bashing another poster for their opinion and that is not allowed on this board.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:13 pm

yes That makes sense, Stuckinsc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:53 pm

I agree it was low.
Low of how those posts from our site got to his.
Low of RS to post knowing it was sent anon and regarding others without their permission.
However, there is no way we can enforce something sent anonymously.

OT: I have not been able to connect to this forum from 5pm until right about now. I hope if anyone else is having trouble, it resolves soon.
For the past 2.5 hours I was unable to connect to this forum. I thought it was a site problem that now looks resolved.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:17 pm

As Bet mentioned, there is no rule, this is a public forum. Anyone can take anything from here, just like we can take anything from any other site. That is one of the reasons I insist on source. It is that very reason that we must include the source for all information that is obtained outside this forum.

It is common courtesy among the public forums media sites etc to give credit where credit is due. Someone took the liberty to copy and paste posts from our forum and send them to RS indicating their opinion of how ridiculous we are and how we bad mouth him. The poster aka as his lackey, perhaps feels they are getting back at us, disgruntled poster who was banned maybe or just has a need to be RS's sidekick girlfriend boyfriend IDK. RS IMO very well knows what's going on here, he doesn't need anyone to provide him information.  

RS, as we know, couldn't care less about us, he calls us name, enjoys the minions that provide him information from this site, and would never give us credit for anything. He helps himself IMO to information that was sleuthed by sleuthers who put many hours of work into a season, while he sits back is fed paid and takes pleasure in responding to people who dis us.

That is one of the reasons we do not quote his link. I will not ever contribute to someone's pay cheque, the very same person that continuously calls us, me, and you names, bored housewives, ignorant, crazy fans among other things. Anyone can continue to support his site, feed him information from this site, or do whatever they want with RS. Me personally, I could care less if he never posted another blog. We did just fine without him.

As Administrator of this site, I made it very clear we will never have a thread for RS and we will not post his link.  Everyone has a choice to visit his site, I choose not to.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:10 pm

BKay wrote:I am wondering the same thing, Mia. Did someone from here really send RS an email with all those posts, or did he copy them from here himself? Whichever way it went, it shouldn't be tolerated. Is there a confidentiality inherent or implied with posts written here?
I imagine he copied them himself. He lurks here for sure. He gets alot of good sleuthing info from us. AND he used to be a member, that posted here. LoveMe outed him .

HI THERE STEVIE aka KISSYFACE! I bet it kills you not to post here anymore. oh wait - you probably have a few alter egos that are posting away. Can you spell hypocrite? H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.T.E.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:54 pm

tigertiz wrote:
BKay wrote:I am wondering the same thing, Mia. Did someone from here really send RS an email with all those posts, or did he copy them from here himself? Whichever way it went, it shouldn't be tolerated. Is there a confidentiality inherent or implied with posts written here?
I imagine he copied them himself.  He lurks here for sure.   He gets alot of good sleuthing info from us.   AND he used to be a member, that posted here.  LoveMe outed him .

HI THERE STEVIE aka KISSYFACE!    I bet it kills you not to post here anymore.  oh wait - you probably have a few alter egos that are posting away. Can you spell hypocrite? H.Y.P.O.C.R.I.T.E.    

Lol! Isn't that the truth! Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion - Page 14 2498057887

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:32 pm

Anyone else having issues with the size of the threads changing on them?  On one thread the discussion posts extend from side to side of my screen, but the next time I click...it's tiny.  Like a 1/3 of the screen, really small in the center with lots of white surrounding it.  It doesn't seem matter if I'm on the main thread link page or inside a thread.  I've been checking multiple threads to see if it was just certain threads or anything, but it's not, it's site wide, changing each time I change pages.  Or is it just me?  It's rainy, nasty weather here today, so maybe my internet is just wonky, but I haven't had issues on any other site I've visited today.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:55 pm

Forumotion are working on the servers, and this may be one of the reasons you are getting that LB. No one else has reported that issue, but that doesn't mean others are not experiencing it.

Several months ago FM upgraded their servers. It's been very frustrating with all the little bugs, prior to that there were hardly any problems at all. The latest round is refreshing your screen and getting "maintenance page":

For now, trying deleting history cookies etc, and reboot. That seems to help with most annoyances. I hope it works for you.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 53 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 33 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

+71
gurlbrit
HavaDrPepper
provenceguy
carto
samc