SELECT CONTENT

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Page 17 of 53 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 35 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Post by bleuberry Tue May 05, 2015 10:19 am

GuardianAngel wrote:The likes count under your avatar is the number of likes "you" like. Not the number of likes that someone has liked on your post.

Holy cow, too may likes in one sentence! Smiley

ETA: as others explained, you will not see a like button on your own post, others will. As soon as someone likes your post, you will then see the button and the number of likes.

GA, when I like someone's post and refresh, their count goes up and mine stays the same. Are you sure the count is how many you've liked vs how many likes you've gotten? I think it's the latter.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion - Page 17 Empty Re: Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Post by albean99 Tue May 05, 2015 10:27 am

bleuberry wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:The likes count under your avatar is the number of likes "you" like. Not the number of likes that someone has liked on your post.

Holy cow, too may likes in one sentence! Smiley

ETA: as others explained, you will not see a like button on your own post, others will. As soon as someone likes your post, you will then see the button and the number of likes.

GA, when I like someone's post and refresh, their count goes up and mine stays the same. Are you sure the count is how many you've liked vs how many likes you've gotten? I think it's the latter.

I think so too. I just tested it and my count didn't change but the one I liked did.

I don't think the count will be looked at as a popularity contest, IG. It's not whether they like us but our posts. You may have one post that gets a lot of likes while someone else may post several times without one.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15320

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue May 05, 2015 10:31 am

Sorry everyone. This is what it said in the instructions. I didn't actually count to see which way it was going since there were other issues that I was testing. The word Likes under your avatar originally said Reputation. I changed it to Like. That's what they are referring to here.

The reputation Count is the likes Button it will count up every time you like a post.

I am still working on other issues and planned on doing one final post when it's all complete.

In the meantime, post any issues here.

Thanks bleu!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue May 05, 2015 10:33 am

officeRules wrote:
IrishGal wrote:The idea of the like button seems cool to me but now that the number of likes shows up beneath our names it feels like a popularity contest.  Why do we need to show the number of likes?  I rarely post anymore so I'll seem like the biggest loser.  Embarassed

No worries.  I think most people know that when you post a lot the chances of having a higher number just makes sense.  It is fun to have because the quieter people do have a chance to respond to posts without having to say anything.  As long as we don't go the route of Facebook 'pokes', which is something that I will never understand.

(BTW - you have a like now.) bestbud!

You have 2!!! Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion - Page 17 1710264613
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 05, 2015 10:37 am

GuardianAngel wrote:Sorry everyone. This is what it said in the instructions. I didn't actually count to see which way it was going since there were other issues that I was testing. The word Likes under your avatar originally said Reputation. I changed it to Like. That's what they are referring to here.

The reputation Count is the likes Button it will count up every time you like a post.

I am still working on other issues and planned on doing one final post when it's all complete.

In the meantime, post any issues here.

Thanks bleu!
Thankfully that "word" reputation was changed to "like".  God only knows what some of ours would say and forum forkery would run amok.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue May 05, 2015 11:03 am

laugh out loud Kasha. It would be fun if the word likes changed at different levels of count.

I have enough on my plate to figure out I think I'll leave that suggestion for now. laugh out loud

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Tue May 05, 2015 2:02 pm

IrishGal wrote:The idea of the like button seems cool to me but now that the number of likes shows up beneath our names it feels like a popularity contest.  Why do we need to show the number of likes?  I rarely post anymore so I'll seem like the biggest loser.  Embarassed

You have more than I do. yes
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Tue May 05, 2015 2:24 pm

I love so many things about this forum and really appreciate everything GA and all the mods do to keep this a wonderful place to sleuth and discuss TB.  But, I have to admit I'm not "liking" the "like" button.  Maybe I'm old fashioned and in the minority but, for me, it just seems unnecessary and too much clutter when I'm trying to read a post.  It does seems to resemble a popularity contest, too.  Maybe I'll learn to ignore it.  

Is there a way I can turn off my view of the "Like" button when I read?
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue May 05, 2015 4:55 pm

I like the "like" button. It's a quick way to say I agree without posting something. I like knowing how people are leaning with the perspective of the poster.

If there were a way to turn off the total count of likes each person has I would support that (wanted to say like but too many likes....)  Hugesmile
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbrn78 Tue May 05, 2015 5:15 pm

Hope this is okay here, not R/T to "like". At the end of every month, suddenly , I m not logged on anymore, I have to log on again on all my devices. Is this supposed to happen or do I have sonething set wrong? I have log on automatically set. Thanks for any info.!
Barbrn78
Barbrn78

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue May 05, 2015 5:21 pm

This happens with me on all things forumotion on all devices. So I would say "yes". 
Anyone else?

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Tue May 05, 2015 5:41 pm

Happens to me all the time too.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 53 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 35 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

+71
gurlbrit
HavaDrPepper
provenceguy
carto
samc