SELECT CONTENT

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Page 21 of 53 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 37 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Post by california90 Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:24 pm

I have an iPhone5. I used to visit this forum all the time on my phone with no problems as far as advertisements are concerned. but recently i've gotten so many ads with every new page and sometimes it doesnt pop-up in a new tab or tries to download an app and i have to press the back button to re-select the same link again or to where ever in the forum i want to go to. anyone else have this problem recently?

california90

Back to top Go down

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

Post by Barbrn78 Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:13 am

I have a problem with pop- up ads. Have had this problem for awhile. I downloaded Ad Blocker ( per suggestion from ad- min). Still doesn't help, Ad blocker asks for info that isn't there. When it happens, I close page, if I can, some I cant even close , turn off my I pad and/or phone. (I now have 6, started on my 5).
Barbrn78
Barbrn78

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:39 am

Weird. Every other click on this site redirects me to forumotion.com?

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:52 am

I don't use my phone for this site. So I can not answer.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:20 am

I had problems with adds and app downloads last week on my iPad.  Normally, if you clear the history and then restart your device, it'll help.  It either slows down the pop ups or stops it completely.  Last week it didn't do much though, it was every time I clicked a link.  So I either didn't check in or I only used my laptop.  That seems to have worked itself out, now.

But like Chloep mentioned, it keeps directing me to forum motion.  The only way I can get onto the board is a direct link into a thread (through history).  My bookmarked, home page link, just goes to forum motion.

ETA: The issue in on my iPad only - the adds and the forum motion redirect thing. It does not occur on my laptop (Mac).

Last edited by Ladybug82 on Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:33 am

I am glad for this topic. 
As my mac goes into its 4th year, I constantly consider upgrades and cost. It brings me to the choice of iPad, obviously, but there are also obvious translation issues. 
Personal quandary. Suspect

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:04 am

When it comes to this site and my iPad, I find that except for the adds opening new tabs or taking me to apps to download some game occasionally, the only other problem I generally have is when it comes to images. And the adds/app thing is occasionally.  It won't do it for months, then it'll suddenly happen and it's every time I try to click a link on the forum for a few days.  Then as suddenly as it appears, it disappears again.  Sometimes I can copy/paste images from other websites with no problems what so ever.  Other times instead of being able to simply copy a pic's url and paste it to the site, I have to save or SC them, upload to photo bucket or some other site and then copy and paste the url generated through the site to use here.  Its just weird little glitchy stuff mostly.  no idea   

The forum motion redirect thing that is happening, is new...never had that happen before.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:23 am

The issue with Ad's doesn't have anything to do with forumotion. If you're seeing ad's it has to be the device you are using. I've never had an ad pop up.

I checked with support to make sure, no one is having issues related to ad's. If you are constantly having ad's pop up it has to be coming from another site, or downloads or just about anything. It's important to have an ad blocker, and update it when there are new updates otherwise it's useless.

A good cleaning practice is to clear out cookies and browsing history and run a virus protections at least once a week. Delete all pics downloads that you don't want or need. I do this at least once a week.

I use Free Adaware

CCleaner Once every month or so or when I noticed something's not right.

My computer scanning tools, Disk clean up, Disk defragmenter.

Or, I'd pay someone to clean it I wasn't comfortable. These things sit around and next thing you know you have programs trying to make you buy app's because they say you have a virus, which is a virus in itself.

chloep: let me know if you are still having the redirect issue.

I have synchronized Barb California and chloep in the system to see if it helps.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:24 am

I think I was on my laptop when I posted something this morning and it redirected me to a Forumotion ad page for free forums. I had to go back to the forum which was annoying.

I don't have a problem with ads on either my iPad or laptop.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15310

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:27 am

Are there more users experiencing the redirect?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:29 am

I was on my laptop as well but it seemed to have stopped right before I left for work.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by lipsis Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:50 pm

I use my iPhone 5 and iPad almost exclusively to post here. Every once in a while I see an ad or get redirected to an app. It doesn't happen continuously and I've had no problems today at all.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Where would you see us in like five years? What would our lives be like?" ~ Sean Lowe
"We would obviously be married, I hope. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a kid involved in five years." "And we would be happy!" ~ Catherine (Giudici) Lowe
lipsis
lipsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 53 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 37 ... 53  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Need Help? - Have Questions? - Suggestions? - Discussion

+71
gurlbrit
HavaDrPepper
provenceguy
carto
samc