SELECT CONTENT

College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:20 pm

FLChica wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:Four weeks into the college football season.  Florida State, Alabama, Oregon and Oklahoma are all awesome.  Auburn is still undefeated, but it was close.  Georgia lost a heart breaker to South Carolina, so that will make a national championship hard for them to get.

I was impressed that FSU sat Jameis Winston down for a whole game for off field conduct issues.  Clemson isn't an easy win, so to me it showed that integrity was just as important as winning and his backup rose to the challenge.

It is a tough season for Texas, Charlie Strong is cleaning house and more and more players are getting kicked off the team.  We have one terrible loss to BYU, who might not be too bad, and barely to UCLA.  I hope they guys can find their pride and rise up.  Also our starting QB quit football due to concussion issues.  Sad to lose his career, but glad to see that he cares more about his long term health.

Anyone else interested in college football on this board?

It's been an interesting four weeks in college football, to say the least!  Have to admit that I was glad the old ball coach managed to squeak out that win against Georgia.  Not that I'm a Gamecock fan, it just made the throttling they received from TAMU in week one that much more impressive. The Aggies face the Razorbacks a.k.a. woo-pig-sooie at Jerry World on Saturday.  You'll be pulling for TAMU on this one, right?

I'm a Florida native, but feel the handling of Famous Jameis's latest bad behavior was poor at best.  FSU initially levied a half game suspension and stepped it up to a full game only after the huge outcry from the public.  Then Jameis trots out there in full uniform pre-game like it's just another day at the ballpark.  Poor Jimbo had to deflect blame from his Heisman guy and blame the equipment staff for that one.  

Agree that it's a tough season for your Longhorns and feel awful for David Ash.  Thoughts & prayers for his good health after the concussions.  How do you feel about Swoopes leading the team?  So much hype for him coming out of high school based on potential, but haven't seen it translate to the college level so far.  Do you think he's the real deal?

Arkansas and TAMU, the traitor bowl.  Can they both please lose?  Please.  I will probably pull for Arkansas, just to screw up the SEC East more.  It will make USC's loss to them worse.  Of course, the East has very little chance against the West in my opinion.

I was glad they at least did something at FSU, Jimbo was pissed at Jameis, you could tell.  My hubby is a FSU guy and he was afraid that it was going to be hard to control Jameis as the Heismann, Johnny Football effect takes place.  I hope last week was a wake up call.  I thought the crab legs were probably someone thinking they were cool "giving" something to the QB and screwing up.  Doesn't excuse Jameis as this would still be an NCAA rules violation whether he stole or was given them.

I am excited to see Swoopes develop.  I think Ash had a ton of talent, but was just too fragile.  I was surprised how well Swoopes played against UCLA.  I am trying to just forget the BYU game. I love Mack Brown, but he truly had a team out of control.  So hard to see how bad it was.  I am actually a bit afraid of Kansas this week and that is just sad.

BTW, I am originally from SW Florida, grew up a Miami fan, hated UF and was neutral to Free Shoe U. I gave up Miami after the Cotton Bowl with the most penalty yards ever and realized they were thugs and I had to chose.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: College Football - All Teams - Discussion

Post by albean99 Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:59 pm

I'm a TN Vol fan (aka the real UT  Hugesmile).  We're still in rebuilding mode but it's looking up a little. The teams I don't like are the Gators, anywhere Spurrier coaches, & Ohio State. I tend to root for TX A&M, Texas Tech, and mostly any SEC team not playing the Vols (unless coached by Spurrier).  
My dh roots for UT Austin but we both wonder why they can't seem to get a good QB anymore. They play in a state that produces a ton of QBs so why can't they recruit anyone these days?  no idea

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:43 pm

albean99 wrote:I'm a TN Vol fan (aka the real UT  Hugesmile).  We're still in rebuilding mode but it's looking up a little. The teams I don't like are the Gators, anywhere Spurrier coaches, & Ohio State. I tend to root for TX A&M, Texas Tech, and mostly any SEC team not playing the Vols (unless coached by Spurrier).  
My dh roots for UT Austin but we both wonder why they can't seem to get a good QB anymore. They play in a state that produces a ton of QBs so why can't they recruit anyone these days?  no idea

Real UT, whatever, I might be involved with them soon, so I will stop calling them the wrong UT. I started that because my dad would wear his Texas hat in FL and everyone always asked if he liked TN. So we started calling it the wrong UT.

Your hubby is on my good side now. giggling giggling The QB situation, well to me that is not surprising to me. I was there before Major Applewhite, so I am used to bad UT QBs. I think the National Championship game broke Garrett Gilbert. Ash unfortunately was just too brittle. I had great hope for the second McCoy but that didn't work either.

Spent last season with my hubby telling me how Jameis Winston wanted to go to UT. College Football - All Teams - Discussion - Page 3 2292733854

I remember back in the 90s when Drew Brees was in high school in Austin, yet ended up at Purdue instead of UT. Nothing new here.

BTW, I hate UF and Spurrier too. So we can totally hangout during football season Albean!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:26 am

stuckinsc wrote:
SLA44 wrote:Yes indeed - PAC12 and a Quacker Backer all the way.  Go OREGON   GO DUCKS

So far so good for them.  They already had a tough one and survived, so it looks good.  Which do you think is their toughest game to come?

In the PAC12 probably USC or Stanford but Oregon State has been known to be season wreckers for them as well. I guess time will tell they are off this weekend until next Thursday.
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:21 am

SLA44 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
SLA44 wrote:Yes indeed - PAC12 and a Quacker Backer all the way.  Go OREGON   GO DUCKS

So far so good for them.  They already had a tough one and survived, so it looks good.  Which do you think is their toughest game to come?

In the PAC12 probably USC or Stanford but Oregon State has been known to be season wreckers for them as well.  I guess time will tell they are off this weekend until next Thursday.

Do they play UCLA this season? Have to say it is hard for me not to cheer for Stanford, just like Georgia Tech, their athletes still have to meet such hard academic standards compared to other places that when they are good it hard not to like them.

Texas was close to joining the Pac 12, but the conference wouldn't accept Baylor, then they took Colorado instead and the whole thing fell through. A lot of my UT alum friends were excited about being part of the library share system with Stanford and Berkeley. It kind of surprised me since Baylor is a private institution that the other Big 12 schools would hold out for them. Then of course A&M fled to the money of the SEC.

Academic standard wise Texas is much more on par with the Pac 12 or the Big 10. They have said they won't join the SEC due to academic reasons.

Oregon and UCLA are both looking pretty good.

I have seen a couple of those Oregon State victories. I used to work with a Beaver and he loved when the could destroy the Ducks season.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:31 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
SLA44 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

In the PAC12 probably USC or Stanford but Oregon State has been known to be season wreckers for them as well.  I guess time will tell they are off this weekend until next Thursday.

Do they play UCLA this season?  Have to say it is hard for me not to cheer for Stanford, just like Georgia Tech, their athletes still have to meet such hard academic standards compared to other places that when they are good it hard not to like them.

Texas was close to joining the Pac 12, but the conference wouldn't accept Baylor, then they took Colorado instead and the whole thing fell through.  A lot of my UT alum friends were excited about being part of the library share system with Stanford and Berkeley.  It kind of surprised me since Baylor is a private institution that the other Big 12 schools would hold out for them.  Then of course A&M fled to the money of the SEC.

Academic standard wise Texas is much more on par with the Pac 12 or the Big 10.  They have said they won't join the SEC due to academic reasons.

I have seen a couple of those Oregon State victories.  I used to work with a Beaver and he loved when the could destroy the Ducks season.

Yes they play UCLA Oct.11th at Pasadena, CA. That will be a challenging game as well. They play Stanford Nov. 1st at Eugene, OR and they are not playing USC during the regular season this year. Oregon State is their last game of the regular season Nov. 29th in Corvallis, OR and it will truly be a civil war - it always is and this year it is on Beaver turf! I pull for the Beavers all season long until the civil war game and then there is no love for them from me - only for the Ducks that day.
SLA44
SLA44

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:59 pm

SLA44 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
SLA44 wrote:

Do they play UCLA this season?  Have to say it is hard for me not to cheer for Stanford, just like Georgia Tech, their athletes still have to meet such hard academic standards compared to other places that when they are good it hard not to like them.

Texas was close to joining the Pac 12, but the conference wouldn't accept Baylor, then they took Colorado instead and the whole thing fell through.  A lot of my UT alum friends were excited about being part of the library share system with Stanford and Berkeley.  It kind of surprised me since Baylor is a private institution that the other Big 12 schools would hold out for them.  Then of course A&M fled to the money of the SEC.

Academic standard wise Texas is much more on par with the Pac 12 or the Big 10.  They have said they won't join the SEC due to academic reasons.

I have seen a couple of those Oregon State victories.  I used to work with a Beaver and he loved when the could destroy the Ducks season.

Yes they play UCLA Oct.11th at Pasadena, CA.  That will be a challenging game as well.  They play Stanford Nov. 1st at Eugene, OR and they are not playing USC during the regular season this year.  Oregon State is their last game of the regular season Nov. 29th in Corvallis, OR and it will truly be a civil war - it always is and this year it is on Beaver turf!  I pull for the Beavers all season long until the civil war game and then there is no love for them from me - only for the Ducks that day.

You are a better woman than me.  I always hope for A&M and UF to lose.  Doesn't matter who they play.  Now that A&M is part of the SEC I can be against them without any conference loyalty issues.

The UCLA and Stanford games will be good and the civil war is always awesome.  We get to see a lot of the Pac 12 games here in GA/SC now that they are on FoxSports.

I will continue to hope for a good season for you all, unless you play the Big 12, then I have to go for conference, but my high school colors were green and gold, so watching Oregon games are always fun for me.

BTW, love your new avi. Good to see some college football pride!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:53 pm

^^^I don't know about being a better woman than you but I guess I try to be loyal to my state so I pull for the Oregon schools whenever I can just not when the other Oregon schools play the Ducks. I agree the UCLA and Stanford games will be good games - that is only if the Ducks win!

My high school colors were green and gold as well and my high school also had the same school/fight song as the Ducks have.

Can you tell I love our Duck?

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:26 pm

SLA44 wrote:^^^I don't know about being a better woman than you but I guess I try to be loyal to my state so I pull for the Oregon schools whenever I can just not when the other  Oregon schools play the Ducks.  I agree the UCLA and Stanford games will be good games - that is only if the Ducks win!

My high school colors were green and gold as well and my high school also had the same school/fight song as the Ducks have.  

Can you tell I love our Duck?

We actually had the Notre Dame mascot and no song at that point. I grew up in Florida, but really hated UF. Then I went to UT and hated A&M and them always calling us TU and being rude and hostile. I had a male A&M fan threaten to beat me up at a baseball game because I was talking trash back to him. Of course, I laughed but still not a fan of being around A&M.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:38 pm

Interesting day in College Football. FSU wins but ugly (NC State is actually a really tough game for FSU all the time). A&M wins in OT, but it isn't pretty. Georgia holds on for another ugly win against Tennesse. Umm, UGA where the heck is your defense? OU held Tennessee to 10 points.

And Texas wins! Now we beat Kansas who much like Duke is better known for playing basketball, but hey, it is a win.

Go Longhorns!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:18 am

I thought Tennessee played well considering they were 17 1/2 pt underdogs. Now if only they can take down the Gators.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:14 pm

albean99 wrote:I thought Tennessee played well considering they were 17 1/2 pt underdogs. Now if only they can take down the Gators.

I agree, they made it a game the whole way. Unfortunately, I do think it is partially because the UGA defense is not good this season.

I will of course be cheering for UT to beat UF. I want everyone to beat UF.

I think UT's QB is really good and they could have a bright future. They need a little strength and stability at coach. Something they unfortunately have not had since Fulmer, and I am not a Fulmer fan, but the revolving door of coaches can make recruiting harder.

The whole SEC East is a mess. Mizzou is in the lead, but this is the same team that lost to Indiana at home. Indiana, SEC conference champs should not lose to basketball schools at home, EVER!

The SEC champ probably will and should come from the West, but the question is, if the SEC gets two teams into the four team playoff, with which both the Big 10 and Big 12 having bad seasons is really possible, should it be the runner up in the West or Mizzou from the East, since I think none of the East teams are going to be good enough to do better?

Another thing, how is Michigan State in the Top 10? Don't get me wrong, out of the Big 10 I like Sparty more than any of those teams, but they have a loss, yes it was at Oregon, but it is a loss and their wins are all against powder puff schools? They are ranked higher than Ole Miss who is undefeated. To me at least when you have a loss and no other big wins to support it, you should not be ranked above a team with no losses.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

College Football - All Teams - Discussion

+10
markat53
whit90
albean99
SLA44
FLChica