SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie or ChrisS for Bachelor

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 17 Vote_lcap61%Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 17 Vote_rcap 61% 
[ 90 ]
Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 17 Vote_lcap39%Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 17 Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 57 ]

Total Votes : 147

Poll closed

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 17 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

Post by bleuberry Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:35 am

I'm going to give Chris a chance, I have high hopes. For me, the love story makes the season, don't care for the lead alone usually or the drama. I just hope we get a beautiful love story.

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 17 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 17 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

Post by albean99 Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:10 am

tigertiz wrote:The Bachelor: Iowa State Farm Edition?   BAHAHAHAHA .

laugh out loud 

They're going to have to cast a ton of drama girls for his season. I'm a little surprised they wanted Chris because Andi's season had such poor ratings.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15327

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:37 am

albean99 wrote:

laugh out loud 

They're going to have to cast a ton of drama girls for his season.  I'm a little surprised they wanted Chris because Andi's season had such poor ratings.

Were they really that bad? I remember RS writing that they were comparable to Des', but I don't recall if hers were that much worse than the previous few seasons. I seem to remember that Emily didn't quite draw the ratings that they had hoped for. Someone on here must have the comps.

The Bachelor seasons always do better anyway. JPab's fiasco did even better than Sean's the previous season so I don't think they are too worried. I wonder who will bring the sparkle for Chris?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:57 am

Sprite wrote:
albean99 wrote:

laugh out loud 

They're going to have to cast a ton of drama girls for his season.  I'm a little surprised they wanted Chris because Andi's season had such poor ratings.

Were they really that bad? I remember RS writing that they were comparable to Des', but I don't recall if hers were that much worse than the previous few seasons. I seem to remember that Emily didn't quite draw the ratings that they had hoped for. Someone on here must have the comps.

The Bachelor seasons always do better anyway. JPab's fiasco did even better than Sean's the previous season so I don't think they are too worried. I wonder who will bring the sparkle for Chris?

Yeah, I'm sure someone with more expertise will be able to speak better to this, but this is what I was able to get:

episode 1
Emily:  8.05
Des: 5.99
Andi: 7.17

episode 4
Emily: 6.777
Des: 5.47
Andi: 6.735

episode 7
Emily: 7.03
Des: 6.88
Andi: 6.986

season finale/ATFR
Emily: 8.86/8.80
Des: 8.94/8.31
Andi: 8.0/8.15

Season Averages
Emily:7.50
Des:6.75  
Andi: 6.76

So, it does seem that Des and Andi had comparable seasons. Andi's finale was lower, but, then, Des's premiere was much lower. Emily did seem to have higher ratings, especially during the first and last episodes. I'm sure that it helped that she had the DWTS lead-in for her premiere, which kept a lot of viewers for the season.

Honestly, looking at that, I think that they should have gone with Arie. There didn't seem to be much buzz with Andi's season, until the ATFR, and then it seemed like the public had entirely forgotten about Chris. I am, of course, biased though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:55 am

chasingpavements wrote:
Sprite wrote:
albean99 wrote:

laugh out loud 

Yeah, I'm sure someone with more expertise will be able to speak better to this, but this is what I was able to get:

episode 1
Emily:  8.05
Des: 5.99
Andi: 7.17

episode 4
Emily: 6.777
Des: 5.47
Andi: 6.735

episode 7
Emily: 7.03
Des: 6.88
Andi: 6.986

season finale/ATFR
Emily: 8.86/8.80
Des: 8.94/8.31
Andi: 8.0/8.15

Season Averages
Emily:7.50
Des:6.75  
Andi: 6.76

So, it does seem that Des and Andi had comparable seasons. Andi's finale was lower, but, then, Des's premiere was much lower. Emily did seem to have higher ratings, especially during the first and last episodes. I'm sure that it helped that she had the DWTS lead-in for her premiere, which kept a lot of viewers for the season.

Honestly, looking at that, I think that they should have gone with Arie. There didn't seem to be much buzz with Andi's season, until the ATFR, and then it seemed like the public had entirely forgotten about Chris. I am, of course, biased though!

Sean was a very safe lead...many said boring, as in Yawn...but he pulled in the best ratings in years. Followed by the fiasco that was JPab, which did even better.

I think they are targeting a specific audience with the selection of Chris. Just like Emily was supposed to pull in the Narscar crowd, Sean the Christian audience, JPab the ethnic Latino vote, I think they seem to be targeting the heartland with Chris. The speculation seems to be that these people generally don't watch the show and by having one of their own on it will lure them in and hopefully, sucker them into staying. How successful they will be remains to be seen.

I think with Arie, there wasn't a specific crowd that he brings that is new, plus who knows what would pop out of the wood work with him. I'm sure they didn't really want Courtney out there every week discussing how great he was in bed....although I might have enjoyed that.  :fanningfan 

With all that went down at the AFTR and it's repercussions, the Chris buzz that was building has died down, but the show itself is getting lots of attention. I think the genuine, down home, gentleman farmer Chris is better suited to handle the fallout from all this...versus playboy, racer Arie. I can't imagine them thinking that as fun as an Arie season might be, people would be taking it seriously. And if I have noticed anything of late, it's that as much as this show makes light of itself, it's that they want to be seen as relevant about dating and mating in today's society. That is why CH asks such earnest questions of the lead during their little chats and during the reunion shows. For the time being they will keep the buzz going with all the fallout from the Bette, but you can bet your bottom dollar that when the time is ripe we will be inundated with commercials of farmer Chris out in the fields of Iowa.....all earnest and contemplative on his big tractor, heart broken by Andi (with lots of replays of his exit asking to go home if he's not the one), talking about wanting to find someone all of his own (while shirtless, of course). This thing practically writes itself. I can just see MF  drooling and  plotting ready to  :stirthepot .  :uptonogood

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:08 am

Bachelor 19: The Cheese stands alone.

I remember reading an article indicating for whatever reasons each subsequent season since---Ashley's or Ali's the rating for 'Ette had been slowly declining.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:15 am

Honestly, looking at that, I think that they should have gone with Arie. There didn't seem to be much buzz with Andi's season, until the ATFR, and then it seemed like the public had entirely forgotten about Chris.
It may well be that ratings for the Bachelorette have been dropping over the years, but what's more significant to me is that Chris didnt get as much buzz as expected from the MTA and seems , in a word, forgettable. I know they think they can build anyone up , just like they knew they could for Juan Pa.   Hugesmile   If someone doesnt have "it" - then they just dont have it.  
  Good Luck to the producers.  
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:47 am

I think the ratings for almost all shows are in decline; partly because normal ennui sets in, plus competition from the next "new thing", and partly because there are soooo many more options in home entertainment now, and that number is still increasing.

Despite the strong preference and popularity of Arie on this thread, I think there is an underestimation here of Chris' appeal among the rest of the country.  On polls I saw, the two were running neck and neck.  And Chris comes with a built in (and very believable) story line, of the rich and sweet All American guy who, because of where he lives (and he only lives there because of his commitment to supporting his whole family!), can't find a "soul mate" without the show's help.  So he REALLY NEEDS this show to find his fairy tale ending.  It would be hard to convince the viewers that Arie really can't find a wife through his own devices, and since that is what they are trying to sell as the reason for the show, it's a major factor in why they went with Chris, IMO.

In thinking about why they didn't go with Nick (never really thought they were considering him, just enjoying the added buzz for the show that the speculation brought), it occurred to me that they have very rarely chosen the F2 as the next lead.  I think it's because the F2 is the person who has been the victim of the greatest degree of manipulation, and as a result, might get their hackles up more when the need to go along with manipulation comes up on their own season, even if they don't realize it when they sign the contract.  It happened with Ben.  And as Arie was also F2, they might have also worried that it would happen with him, once he was back in the saddle.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:20 pm

Well, I was away for the weekend and away from the internet, and I come home to read this. Not thrilled. I now believe that TPTB instructed Andi to let Chris go before the FS in order to keep a wholesome image for their next Bachelor. Otherwise we would have had 2 rejected men who were used for sex and that would have muddied up the MTA in addition to the ATFR fiasco.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Mia, gotta say I SERIOUSLY doubt that.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:00 pm

ironcat wrote:Mia, gotta say I SERIOUSLY doubt that.

I got to agree. More likely they made her keep him till then because they wanted him in the running for the next lead. They had zero chemistry....nice a guy as he may be.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:02 pm

ironcat wrote:I think the ratings for almost all shows are in decline; partly because normal ennui sets in, plus competition from the next "new thing", and partly because there are soooo many more options in home entertainment now, and that number is still increasing.

Despite the strong preference and popularity of Arie on this thread, I think there is an underestimation here of Chris' appeal among the rest of the country.  On polls I saw, the two were running neck and neck.  And Chris comes with a built in (and very believable) story line, of the rich and sweet All American guy who, because of where he lives (and he only lives there because of his commitment to supporting his whole family!), can't find a "soul mate" without the show's help.  So he REALLY NEEDS this show to find his fairy tale ending.  It would be hard to convince the viewers that Arie really can't find a wife through his own devices, and since that is what they are trying to sell as the reason for the show, it's a major factor in why they went with Chris, IMO.

In thinking about why they didn't go with Nick (never really thought they were considering him, just enjoying the added buzz for the show that the speculation brought), it occurred to me that they have very rarely chosen the F2 as the next lead.  I think it's because the F2 is the person who has been the victim of the greatest degree of manipulation, and as a result, might get their hackles up more when the need to go along with manipulation comes up on their own season, even if they don't realize it when they sign the contract.  It happened with Ben.  And as Arie was also F2, they might have also worried that it would happen with him, once he was back in the saddle.
well said, ironcat. chris is also the safe choice after the JPG debacle although it's interesting to hear his ratings were so high. also, for some strange reason they usually pick blonds as leads for the men. i have no idea why because the ideal male stereotype is tall, dark and handsome. i actually prefer blonds but most of the leads on the bach are rather boring imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

+54
Ash2214
CHO
Cecilia
Judiful
Cari