SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10

Page 22 of 81 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 51 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10 - Page 22 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10

Post by SueSt Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:20 pm

2boys3girls wrote:
Cecilia wrote:I just kind of love that he doesn't give a sh*t what people think.

I agree I have been reading a lot of different opinions today (not just here). Love Nick's guest blog post. I don't think he should let anything go or move on. He doesn't seem bitter to me. I think he is showing his pov for those that don't get it. Good for him Maybe the people that take issue with the things he says are the ones that need to let it go. JMO.

Really appreciate your perspective here 2b3g.  yes Nick is talking about what happened to work through it. Good for him. No need to let anything go or move on before he's ready. Like you say, the people that take issue should turn off the computer and not read what he wrote.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10 - Page 22 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10

Post by sdmom Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:22 pm

Just thought Nick was pretty quiet on SM for the past few days, then BOOM! The blog and the IG photo today.
I have to admit, when I saw the title of the blog, my heart sank a bit, because I knew how controversial and polarized he's already been and how non fans will continue to criticize him....I really wished he could have dropped the topic and moved on, but after reading his blog, I realize who am I to tell Nick what to do? Just like he said, "sometimes people would laugh off  any emotional damage that sex can do to guys", we tell them to "man up", that big boys don't cry, but men can be as sensitive, or even more so, than women. Just like the show has produced some successful love stories, it also has produced some genuine broken hearts (Bevin came to mind).  I am sure Nick will move on and heal on his own pace. Meanwhile, I am very glad that Nick is open and honest to share his feelings to us, that we can witness part of his healing process.
It's so true that he says what's on his mind, but always from his heart. I think because he's true to himself, he takes full responsibility of what he's said and he doesn't care what total strangers think of him, that's why he doesn't care if it's weird to post his ex-GF on IG today. He has a sense of dry humor, doesn't he?
Thank you Nick and I am glad I am your fan.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:23 pm

StacyNor wrote:I love this comment from Sean's blog

LA fan •
Sean,I'm so glad that you gave Nick an opportunity to articulate
his side of the story. I think it's sad that Nick even has to defend
himself because the ONLY reason why his ATFR comment was controversial
was because it was aired on national television. We draw these
arbitrary boundaries around propriety in reality TV and somehow making
out with multiple partners in a hot tub is OK and yet discussing an
honest question about sex (which we all knew it happened anyway) is
somehow wrong. We watch this show because we want to see REALITY,
presumably the good and the bad. I must admit, I was shocked when Nick
made his comment, but as I thought about it, I realized it was because
he was the first person to actually be authentic about his pain and not
self-edit just to preserve his self-image. This was not trash reality
TV anymore...it was real life. He was the first person to pull the
curtain back on ABC's attempt to craft a perfect and seamless
fairytale.

Nick, I hope you can see now that Andi is
not the best match for you. I think the circumstances of the show can
manipulate your feelings to fall for someone in a way you would not in
real life. You were by far my favorite cast member of this ridiculous
show (besides Catherine...love her!) and as long as you stay true to
yourself, true love will come to you.

Thanks so much for bringing over this comment, StacyNor. Love to read Nick support!
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:35 pm

MiaHawk wrote:
MVMom39forever wrote: I agree and find it confusing as well. Here's the thing ... I like Nick AND Marcus even though they seem to butt heads. I want them both to find happiness in life and hope they are both on the road to doing just that.  

Even though Marcus was my personal favorite, I enjoyed watching Nick's story as well.  Nick was kind of a mixed bag for me.  I didn't believe him to be a true villain (Tricky Nicky) based on the edit. However, whenever a whole house full of contestants have a common dislike or mistrust of one of the others, there's usually a reason for it. I did think Nick was sarcastic and smug (which aren't the worst characteristics, but sometimes are not attractive to me).  In his real life with family and friends who know him well, he can probably come across as lovable salty Nick.  But put him in a house full of strangers all competing for one girl, and he rubbed some the wrong way and/or was misunderstood.  (Probably a combination of both)  I thought he ended up really falling in love with Andi and he was blindsided.  I also believe that he was truly hurt by Andi's behavior in the FS and subsequent ATFR fiasco. So, he's not perfect, but he's not a horrible person, either, imo.

I didn't like to hear about SM hate/trashing towards Nick during/after the season.  Nobody deserves that crap.  I do think a lot of it was over the top (maybe trying to be funny but ending up hurtful or hateful...Kelly, etc).  Now we see Nick poking fun at those on BIP, including Marcus who previously called him a DB on the show.  Is Nick's sarcasm all in jest?  Is it because of bad feelings between him and Marcus? Probably a combination of both.  I read Marcus' rebuttal, and I wish that the two of them would give it a rest.  I'm sure that Marcus feels protective over Lacy and also sides with Josh/Andi on the whole ATFR fiasco blowback.  But, to keep a running feud on twitter is just stupid imo.  I'm not a fan of the Hatfields and the McCoys.  The better thing for Nick to do would be to avoid coming across as an insensitive snark.  And the better thing for Marcus to do would be to ignore any humor he doesn't find funny and not reply.  I wish them both good things.  Don't like seeing them swiping at each other.  It is unattractive.

As far as Nick's essay on Sean's blog, I read it and thought it was quite good.  I agree with everything he said. There is a common stereotype about 'guys being guys' and sex meaning something different to men versus women. Perhaps in a more normal setting that statistic would hold true, but to have been in Nick's shoes in the FS, I think Andi's actions were hurtful and insensitive towards him.  I could have even given Andi a benefit of the doubt for her actions in the FS IF....IF...she had shown some sort of empathy towards Nick at ATFR.  (In the interest of full disclosure:  I never watched the finale show.  I was away and only watched ATFR.  I have the finale recorded, but at this point, I really don't have enough interest in spending 2 hours watching it.  I don't care for Andi, so watching it isn't important to me right now.)  I like having discussions about issues, and I think Nick's essay is a conversation starter.  Even if it opens up one mind and prevents one other person on this show from being used and then rejected, it will be worth it, imo.      

Nick's essay is certainly an important conversation starter. As the mother of a teenage boy who plays football and a very sweet teen girl, I literally feel sickened ever time I read yet another article about young male athletes or men taking advantage of women or forcing themselves upon drunk women without their consent. I wonder aloud what's wrong with these boys? Who is raising them? What's happening in society to make them think that it's okay?

That's why it is SO refreshing to read Nick's perspective and to drive home how important it is that both sides communicate and ensure they are on same page. This is just the type of message that I want BOTH my children to hear.

And, YES, I would definitely like to see Nick take the lead in ending his SM "feud" with Marcus. I consider Nick to be the older, wiser and more emotionally mature of the two men so hoping he rises above. That said ... if anyone deserves to snark about BIP, it's Nick as he sure experienced more than his fair share during Bachelorette. I just want him to direct his salty wit to other cast members as there CERTAINLY are enough of them to snark about.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:51 pm

Catdwoman50 wrote:^^ Sprite didn't realize you played in this corner.  Glad to see you here.

giggling I like to play around...

Seriously though, I'm fairly neutral most of the time. I don't like to see anyone bashed up the kazoo when we all know how much manipulation and editing is involved in this show. I get particularly testy post show when some fans of one, feel the need to trash the other. Doesn't really matter who, it happens every year. Often it seems as if common sense goes out the window. I can only listen to so much bashing of anyone....or over the top love. Mainly, I love a good discussion/debate so post show, I typically don't spend as much time on the boards, but every once in a while, I just can't keep my big mouth shut and feel the need to put in my two cents worth.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Nick's blog is just another reason I am proud that I picked him as my favorite this season. I really don't care if the non Nick fans have a problem with it or not because those are the people who will bash him regardless of what he says. He could say on a bright sunny day "the sky is blue!" and they would bash him. That says more for their sad lives than anything else.

Mura, I see what you are saying about him pulling back possibly because of certain people creating backlash for his tweets regarding BIP but I hope he just throws that out the window and continues on because his tweets were awesome and again way more tame than alot of the vile the other alumni dish out. Obviously certain people have certain agendas with what "offends" them. I think he will still support Marquel while Marquel is on the show.

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:04 pm

sdmom wrote:Just thought Nick was pretty quiet on SM for the past few days, then BOOM! The blog and the IG photo today.
I have to admit, when I saw the title of the blog, my heart sank a bit, because I knew how controversial and polarized he's already been and how non fans will continue to criticize him....I really wished he could have dropped the topic and moved on, but after reading his blog, I realize who am I to tell Nick what to do? Just like he said, "sometimes people would laugh off  any emotional damage that sex can do to guys", we tell them to "man up", that big boys don't cry, but men can be as sensitive, or even more so, than women. Just like the show has produced some successful love stories, it also has produced some genuine broken hearts (Bevin came to mind).  I am sure Nick will move on and heal on his own pace. Meanwhile, I am very glad that Nick is open and honest to share his feelings to us, that we can witness part of his healing process.
It's so true that he says what's on his mind, but always from his heart. I think because he's true to himself, he takes full responsibility of what he's said and he doesn't care what total strangers think of him, that's why he doesn't care if it's weird to post his ex-GF on IG today. He has a sense of dry humor, doesn't he?

Re the bolded, I agree but his blog was an eye opener for a lot of folks who did not give a chance to understand what drove him to the occurrence of the AFTR. That being said, remember pre AFTR, at least 2 reporters reached out to him on twitter, I think Elle magazine was one of them. Obviously now he has broached a topic that is sparking a lot of interest and I won't be surprised if more news outfits want to feature him so unfortunately his detractors will continue to say he does not want to let it go. Whatever, the more Nick, the better for us his fans giggling 

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by ElonM Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:06 pm

@nick_viall28 To one of the most amazing men, uncles, and brothers in the world. Your love, compassion, and spirit you shared with everyone you touched will never be forgotten. I love you very much uncle mark. Hang in there buddy. All my love and prayers. #family #prayforcomfort

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10 - Page 22 10570115_749623688430659_990927305_n
ElonM
ElonM

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:14 pm

Sprite wrote:
Catdwoman50 wrote:^^ Sprite didn't realize you played in this corner.  Glad to see you here.

giggling I like to play around...

Seriously though, I'm fairly neutral most of the time. I don't like to see anyone bashed up the kazoo when we all know how much manipulation and editing is involved in this show. I get particularly testy post show when some fans of one, feel the need to trash the other. Doesn't really matter who, it happens every year. Often it seems as if common sense goes out the window. I can only listen to so much bashing of anyone....or over the top love. Mainly, I love a good discussion/debate so post show, I typically don't spend as much time on the boards, but every once in a while, I just can't keep my big mouth shut and feel the need to put in my two cents worth.

:cutesmile!: 

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:14 pm

mercieme wrote:
sdmom wrote:Just thought Nick was pretty quiet on SM for the past few days, then BOOM! The blog and the IG photo today.

Re the bolded, I agree but his blog was an eye opener for a lot of folks who did not give a chance to understand what drove him to the occurrence of the AFTR. That being said, remember pre AFTR, at least 2 reporters reached out to him on twitter, I think Elle magazine was one of them. Obviously now he has broached a topic that is sparking a lot of interest and I won't be surprised if more news outfits want to feature him so unfortunately his detractors will continue to say he does not want to let it go. Whatever, the more Nick, the better for us his fans giggling 

I know, but but I need to get my life back!  Hugesmile I can't pull myself away from this board.

Just saw his new IG photo.Lovely to see he's showing love and support for his uncle.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:17 pm

Ok I have to stay on this thread a bit. My claws are coming out tonight. Deep breaths and count to 10

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:42 pm

Aww, the poor family has been through so much, and now this. They have had a tough couple of months.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 81 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 51 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10

+51
Luvstruck
Rolly
emusha
california90
alwaystulips