SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10

Page 61 of 81 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 71 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10 - Page 61 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:50 pm

notarose wrote:
MVMom39forever wrote:
sdmom wrote:nick_viall28
2 hours ago
We all love beer and Boobs! So COME HANG OUT WITH ME tomorrow @STATEChicago 5-8pm and we will throw a few back while trying to save a pair. #beersforboobs #breastcancerawareness #cancersucks

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10 - Page 61 10576192_500239460108016_234920505_n

Love it or hate it, it's for a good cause. Some people left not so nice messages on his SM.  This is from Elan:
theyearofelan
NICK IS IT ANNOYING AT ALL THAT EVERYONE IS TURNING AN ADVERTISEMENT INTO A POLITICAL STATEMENT? IT'S LIKE THEYRE YELLING AT A TV COMMERCIAL

Good for Nick for helping out a worth cause and using his local celebrity for GOOD ... to help a woman who is suffering from breast cancer raise some money!!

rofl   Good for Elan too!  Something is wrong with those few people who are snipping on a fundraiser ad for breast cancer. Really?  no  So petty.
The woman who the fundraiser is for likely saw the ad before Nick posted it.  Just saying.

Most of the comments are positive. Regardless, it's at a bar near a campus. Lots of 20-something's are tagging each other about going.  The ad seems to be hitting the right demographic for this event.  Hope guys show up too as they are often "detectors" of breast cancer in their partners.

Hope it draws a sellout crowd and that the she is able to have a high percentage of her treatment covered.  yes   Great cause.  Would be nice if Nick also did something about breast cancer in men as he is very articulate and could be a good spokesman for awareness.  It isn't talked about enough and as we know, Nick isn't shy when he feels something is worth saying.  Smiley

The ad may not be my style, but I've done enough fundraising to know that you have to do everything you can to broaden your base. The boobs and beer combo will get guys in, whether we like it or not. There are already many events appealing to women on the breast cancer issue, and just having Nick involved will get the girls in.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10 - Page 61 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10

Post by Cecilia Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:59 pm

The boobs and beer is a national campaign. It's not just for this event.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:01 pm

I am very involved in Breast Cancer Awareness fundraising events, it is very close to my heart, so this is something I love to see.

People need to get over their high horse, they are missing the whole point of the ad, to raise awareness about breast cancer.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:01 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:I took this challenge.  Basically you either post a video of yourself being doused by a bucket full or ice as a way to raise awareness for ALS research and/or donate $100 to the cause.   Then you challenge three additional people to do the same.

I just read on twitter that Marquel did so, and challenged Whoopi Goldberg

Thanks.

Maybe people should be make more ALS awareness statements on their videos.

Of course, I would send the $100.  Because that would do more for the cause, IMHO.  But it takes both to make the world go round.

A lot of people are doing both.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:35 pm

sbolduc wrote:I am very involved in Breast Cancer Awareness fundraising events, it is very close to my heart, so this is something I love to see.

People need to get over their high horse, they are missing the whole point of the ad, to raise awareness about breast cancer.

Goodness gracious! I read the comments. I mean, how is it possible for anyone to focus on the advert style and not the big picture!? How did we become so ridiculous????

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by MonicaJM2001 Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:34 pm

The people causing havoc over the advertisement are just a sad example of completely missing the point.

I was going to (insert any productive activity) but then well...........Nick
MonicaJM2001
MonicaJM2001

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:24 pm

I LOVE that IG picture!!! People calling it tasteless??? OMG. Have they ever seen the "Save Second Base" breast cancer shirts??? Anything or anyone who raises awareness and funds for breast cancer is OK in my book!!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:34 pm

nutty1 wrote:I LOVE that IG picture!!! People calling it tasteless??? OMG. Have they ever seen the "Save Second Base" breast cancer shirts??? Anything or anyone who raises awareness and funds for breast cancer is OK in my book!!

Haha! No, I've never seen that t-shirt. I have seen the Save the Ta-Ta's one.
It's advertising. You've got to get their attention.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:41 pm

MonicaJM2001 wrote:The people causing havoc over the advertisement are just a sad example of completely missing the point.  

Every other cancer is jealous of the PR and ad campaigns that breast cancer has BECAUSE THEY RAISE $$$$$$ for research. That's the bottom line. I know because my mom lives with cancer (and it's not breast) and the goal for those who want to develop awareness and funding for research for other types of cancer is to develop campaigns as productive and successful as breast cancer has.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:41 pm

sbolduc wrote:I am very involved in Breast Cancer Awareness fundraising events, it is very close to my heart, so this is something I love to see.

And to raise $$$$$
Cecilia
Cecilia

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:56 pm

MiaHawk wrote:
nutty1 wrote:I LOVE that IG picture!!! People calling it tasteless??? OMG. Have they ever seen the "Save Second Base" breast cancer shirts??? Anything or anyone who raises awareness and funds for breast cancer is OK in my book!!

Haha!  No, I've never seen that t-shirt.  I have seen the Save the Ta-Ta's one.
It's advertising.  You've got to get their attention.

Found this under Google images….my son had one from a breast cancer fundraiser he went to. I also went to a breast cancer fundraiser and every time you bought a "TA-TA-tini, proceeds went to breast cancer!

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10 - Page 61 Il_fullxfull.266019819

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:06 am

Funny that people are outraged at that PR.  That bikini covers a lot more than the bikini Andi wore on her FD with Nick or that Elise has worn on BiP.  

He is helping raise money for someone who needs help. People and their Nick hate are ridiculous.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 61 of 81 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 71 ... 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #10

+51
Luvstruck
Rolly
emusha
california90
alwaystulips