SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #11

Page 12 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #11

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:14 am

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #11 - Page 12 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #11

Post by SueSt Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:58 am

Good article in support of Nick (from another country??)

http://www.howyoucanfindlove.com/bachelorette-recap-nick-went/

The Bachelorette Recap: Nick Went There

by Don Dulin

So last night was the finale of this season of The Bachelorette. The turning point in the finale was that Andi, The Bachelorette, sent Nick home before the final rose. She did it out of respect and to not put him through the heartbreak of proposing to her only to have her shoot him down. (A quick side note here: I hate how on this show you now send the person home out of respect for them and to “not put them through” the pain of not getting a rose. It’s such a cop out. Everyone that goes in this show knows how it works. 24 people are going to get their heart ripped out. They know this going in. In my eyes, the Bachelor/Bachelorette only does this to try to look more sincere. Anyways, back to the show.)

So Nick had his heart ripped out and went home. Over the course of the next few months, he tried to get in contact with Andi to talk about how things ended and to get some closure/getting a better understanding of why things ended. Andi refused to talk to him. Well, on After The Final Rose, she had to sit down with him…on live television.

Andi basically told him she never was in love with him, yada, yada, yada. After some stumbling around, Nick asked her why if she didn’t love him, did she make love to him in the fantasy suite. With that, Twitter exploded. Here’s my take on why I am siding with Nick on this one.

Reasons Why I’m Defending Nick

1. You Gave Up Your Privacy

After Nick “dropped the bomb” last night, so many people, women in particular, jumped on Twitter and called him trash and a jerk for spilling the beans. Well, both of them decided to give up their privacy when they went on the show in the first place. You make out with guys for 10 weeks on national television, you have an overnight date in the “fantasy suite” where the show makes a very strong implication that boots are going to be knocking all night long. To me, you handed in the privacy card when you signed up to be on the show. Therefore, I have no sympathy for Andi. (Bonus point: how is Nick a jerk for telling us what happened and Juan Pablo is a jerk for not telling us anything?? Do you want to be told things or not? Make up your mind America!)

Also, if Andi would have manned up and talked with Nick one of the two times he wanted to see her BEFORE THE LIVE SHOW none of this would be an issue right now. Yes Nick has stalker tendencies and no, I wouldn’t want to meet him alone. But they could have talked at the Men Tell All special.

I know how awkward the closure conversation is with an ex. It is not fun at all. You are trying to figure things out, to understand what happened. Things are always said that when it’s just the two of you, have no consequence. But to the outside world watching, it does have consequence. I would never have wanted any of these conversations to be in front of others. Nick had questions. Andi chose to attempt to answer those questions on live TV instead of behind closed doors. So no sympathy for her.

Had she talked with him in private first, last night would have simply been about whether or not Nick as moved on and how weird it was to see each other again. No questions about why or needing closure.

2. She Led Him On

I get that this is a dating show and Andi can’t tell either one of the guys (or any of the guys for that matter) how she really feels about them. But she can play it cool with them if she isn’t interested. This is especially true for Nick. You know the guy had his heart crushed before and you know how vulnerable he is. He makes it abundantly clear just about every talk you have with him how much he loves you. Because of this, it is even more important to not lead this guy on.

I’ve been in a few relationships in the past where I could tell the girl was head-over-heels crazy for me and I wasn’t feeling it. I didn’t keep going on dates with her and telling her how much fun I had with her. I ended things quickly. I knew that I couldn’t get to the point where I wanted to be with this person. It’s one thing if the two of you are trying to figure things out or the relationship is slowly moving along, but it’s completely different when one person is crazy in love and the other one knows they aren’t there and most likely won’t be.

Lastly, some might argue that Andi simply didn’t know until that point. Well, I am going to take her word for it when she told Josh how much she loves him and how she has loved him and only him since the first day. So, if we go by her word, she knew that Nick didn’t have a shot in hell and that’s just cold. Plus, it puts her values into question – who has sex with a guy when you are in love with someone else and are about to get engaged?

Final Thoughts

As you can see, I side with Nick on this one, and I can’t stand Nick! Well, I can’t stand any of them to begin with.

If you are still on the fence or don’t agree with Nick dropping the bomb, I ask you this question: if the roles were reversed, and Nick was the Bachelor and Andi asked “why did we make love if you weren’t in love” how would you be reacting today? I think many people would side with Andi on this, calling Nick a jerk for sleeping with a girl he didn’t love and led on. Funny how we have double standards depending on which sex is doing the leading.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:29 am

Thanks for bringing this over Suest! I agree with everything except the bit about stalker tendencies. I really like Nick and think he will be a great husband to some lucky woman someday.

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:22 pm

allimariebf
42 minutes ago · chicago adventures
Look who we ran into in Chicago! @nick_viall28 #bachelorfans
 Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #11 - Page 12 10624256_286439478209244_1030494600_n

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:51 pm

Nick looks awesome in every picture.

re: that article above.....this is my favorite part....

Plus, it puts her values into question – who has sex with a guy when you are in love with someone else and are about to get engaged?

I know we cannot get into it further here in this thread, but it would be my question if I were Josh or a Josh & Andi fan.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:20 pm

Nick Viall ‏@viallnicholas28  · 33m  
This wedding was soo much fun i had to make it a #tbt http://instagram.com/p/sP8cDyswxf/

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #11 - Page 12 10570078_1450349408581378_538711591_n

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:36 pm

Thanks for all the pictures, ladies. yes
(also, sdmom, thanks for always converting my instagram links to pics!!) :gotcha:
Love seeing our handsome man out and about!
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:43 pm

Pia1 wrote:Thanks for bringing this over Suest! I agree with everything except the bit about stalker tendencies. I really like Nick and think he will be a great husband to some lucky woman someday.

:yes: ITA Pia... Nick was looking for answers that frankly he deserved...
I'll never understand how anyone would consider this stalking no no
Yes on the great husband... and great dad too, it seems.
I look forward to seeing Nick find his true happiness.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:08 pm

sdmom wrote:allimariebf
42 minutes ago · chicago adventures
Look who we ran into in Chicago! @nick_viall28 #bachelorfans
 Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #11 - Page 12 10624256_286439478209244_1030494600_n

So did Nick loan that guy his shirt?
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5312

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:11 pm

nutty1 wrote:So now that it is 100% fact that Nick isn't the next Bachelor (not that I thought he was!), do you think he will let us in on his dating life at all, or do we have to have Cecelia be a spy?? :detective

Well I saw that Donnie girl having lunch in River North with two guys that were not Nick.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Cecilia wrote:
nutty1 wrote:So now that it is 100% fact that Nick isn't the next Bachelor (not that I thought he was!), do you think he will let us in on his dating life at all, or do we have to have Cecelia be a spy?? :detective

Well I saw that Donnie girl having lunch in River North with two guys that were not Nick.

I saw she tweeted something about possibly going on the Bachelor or something.

Any news on the Sam Smith concert? Seems like Nick won't lack for any date offers - he has quite a female fandom going right now. giggling

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:05 pm

Cecilia wrote:

What, no pictures?? giggling
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #11

+60
umngirl
california90
Stacia620
Admin
KK4