SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #11

Page 4 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #11 - Page 4 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #11

Post by isittrue Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:47 pm

nutty1 wrote:I love Facebook to keep up with friends I don't see much.
As far as twitter and IG, that is only for my reality TV obsession!!  giggling 

I count on you guys to bring those tweets over right now!

Funny story, my husband once signed up on Facebook to see if he could contact an old friend who had moved to Ireland. Within 1 hour of his creating an account, 4 former co-workers and his brother's ex-girlfriend contacted him!

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #11 - Page 4 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #11

Post by sdmom Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:49 pm

If your family and friends live close by, then you are indeed very fortunate!  :yes: 
Anyway, one of the reasons that I love this thread (other than all you wonderful posters  group hug ) is Nick's moving on nicely and so are we!
I have to admit, when I go to other threads, I feel like the movie Ground Hog Day. Posts always go back to ATFR, even though I, and other posters, have tried hard to talk about something new.
Anyway, I found the picture which I don't remember seeing before, so I'm posting it now.
Camp Hometown Heroes

Sorry that Bachelorette Andi didn't choose you Nick, but bachelorette Zizi did! And Nick is lucky to get to hang out with Zizi during our special mustache dinner. Today's Red Shirt Friday pick!
LikeLike · · Share · August 1
 Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #11 - Page 4 10444617_297137540457669_5785659944762083109_n

Even though Nick went there 2 months ago, I think the picture was post a few days after ATFR.
Nick also helped out to raise fund for a breast cancer patient, so it's great to see he's using his fame for worthy causes.
However, remember JJ nominated him for the ice bucket challenge almost a week ago and we haven't heard Nick's response? I remember someone else also commenting on Nick's IG but he never responded.
He faved this tweet though:

Daniyela V. @danivxo  ·  18h

Obama rejected the ALS challenge... George W. Bush wrote a check and dumped ice on his head... #merica

Am I the only one who feels that every girl he follows/retweets/faves is a potential date for him?  seeing hearts That Daniyela girl is cute. If anyone is interested, I can bring her picture over.

Also, MODS: is it OK to post Nick's charity events photo in his discussion thread? I just want to show people other side of Nick post-show.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:09 pm

[quote="sdmom"]
However, remember JJ nominated him for the ice bucket challenge almost a week ago and we haven't heard Nick's response? I remember someone else also commenting on Nick's IG but he never responded.
[quote="sdmom"]

I saw someone else commented in another photo and he responded to that one saying "it was coming" and he knows he has been slacking or something to that effect.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:26 pm

There is also the simple fact that if someone chooses to write the check in response to the ALS challenge, they don't have to post anything. Although I did like the way Patrick Stewart did it ;) Personally, I think the check goes further than the bucket does.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:30 pm

sbolduc wrote:
sdmom wrote:
sdmom wrote:

I saw someone else commented in another photo and he responded to that one saying "it was coming" and he knows he has been slacking or something to that effect.

Okay, so this is a huge pet peeve of mine.

I wish everyone of those people who are dumping ice on their heads would make sure to donate. I always say, even a dollar helps, it all adds up!

I do biomedical research. With cost of living (supplies and such) NIH funding in the last ten years has decreased by 25%! Everyone wants a cure, but everyone wants to cut spending. Well, we only make scientific advancement through funding research. I only make $24000/year right now and pay $3000 of that to fees, not to mention taxes. I still donate over $500 to organizations that benefit scientific research. There are plenty, ALS has theirs, not your thing, well my friends and I get funding from the American Cancer Society, the Susan G Komen Foundation, the American Kidney Foundation, the American Heart Association, and the March of Dimes and there are many more. The Jimmy V Foundation give all it's profit after it's operating budget to cancer research. We need money! I know personally, when I started research in 2001, I considered having my own lab, but when I get my PhD in 2014, there is no way I would do it. Funding levels are below 10%. That means that less then 10% of every proposed idea gets funded. People want to know why we don't have more treatment or more cures or vaccines. Well there is less and less money available.

Okay, getting off my :soapbox  now. But this truly does irritate me. Dumping ice over your head without learning about the disease or contributing just makes you a putz, not cool at all!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:31 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:There is also the simple fact that if someone chooses to write the check in response to the ALS challenge, they don't have to post anything.   Although I did like the way Patrick Stewart did it ;)  Personally, I think the check goes further than the bucket does.

clapping! clapping! clapping! 
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:39 pm

Hahaha, looks like I opened a can of warms! I just tried to discuss something new and no matter how he decided to respond, Nick doesn't owe us any explanations. 
I agree with dw and stuck, monetary donations help. There are so many worthy causes that I wish I could help every single one of them. 
Now let's get back on track....Nick is wonderful!!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:42 pm

I was on a rant about the ice bucket challenge until I heard it has raised 40+ million dollars. So I admit I was wrong, and plan to do it tomorrow. I will also donate. Not $100, but I will donate.

Has Nick done it?? Wish someone would nominate him!

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:51 pm

I have no problem with people doing the ice bucket thing, just wish all of them would start their videos with I donated and now I am going to pour ice cold water over my head.

It is a genius PR scheme. Just wish everyone who was doing it was donating first.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:56 pm

nutty1 wrote:I was on a rant about the ice bucket challenge until I heard it has raised 40+ million dollars. So I admit I was wrong, and plan to do it tomorrow. I will also donate. Not $100, but I will donate.

JJ nominated Nick and he's not done it yet

sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:59 pm

sdmom wrote:
nutty1 wrote:I was on a rant about the ice bucket challenge until I heard it has raised 40+ million dollars. So I admit I was wrong, and plan to do it tomorrow. I will also donate. Not $100, but I will donate.

JJ nominated Nick and he's not done it yet

Maybe he just donated.  Hugesmile  He should post a video of him writing a check!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:01 pm

This is a great discussion---but a bit off topic?
How about if I bring some of this to the general chat discussion threads? That way more of can discuss.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 42 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall Bachelorette 10 - Fan Forum - Updates - Discussion - Thread #11

+60
umngirl
california90
Stacia620
Admin
KK4