SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion

Page 18 of 78 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 48 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion

Post by Rolly Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:25 am

sbolduc wrote:So I haven't seen a full episode in like 4 weeks but I did see the promo and my opinion (not that it means much_ is:

- Story line is obviously "sure thing" Whitney vs "gamble" Becca, which I would think he would pick Becca on just based on the bachelor regular story boards (i.e. Des got what she needed not what she wanted). However I thought based on story boards Andi would have chosen Nick last season ("not her type" passionate/intellectual connection vs. her always "type" of guy/jock)
- But based on the promo I don't think Becca makes it to the FRC. I think the shots in the red are in a red shirt and I somehow her or Chris decides for her to go early. She doesn't look super sad (i.e. crying) so maybe I am wrong

My question is (since I haven't really been watching) is what is Whitney's "challenge" as the F1 always has one. Becca is whether she will let her self fall in love and be vulnerable it seems. With Whitney is it her career and the move? I thought I saw a clip where she said she would give it all up already for Chris, seems too easy to me...

Her challenge is figuring out a way to make it from Dubuque to Lamont in that LONG car ride with camera's on her the whole way with the producers in the front seat saying. "And how are you feeling about being F2? It's possible he could just pull you aside and let you go before the FRC begins I suppose. Did you see that Chris gave Becca a necklace?". JK...maybe not. :uptonogood :stirthepot TPTB no no

I think her challenge is saying, "I feel totally vulnerable here and I'm OK with that". She loves him and having him pick someone else when she thinks she's the best fit would be devastating.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion - Page 18 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion

Post by mindless Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:09 am

Sorry, but after looking at the screen caps, I just can't see Chris proposing to Whitney. He looks totally miserable in most of them. She's going on about loving him to his parents and he just looks constipated. That's not a man in love. She must notice his lack of enthusiasm too? If he does choose her then I hope they agree to just date.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:10 am

On the same topic, did Catherine have a real conflict??

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:33 am

mindless wrote:Sorry, but after looking at the screen caps, I just can't see Chris proposing to Whitney. He looks totally miserable in most of them. She's going on about loving him to his parents and he just looks constipated. That's not a man in love. She must notice his lack of enthusiasm too? If he does choose her then I hope they agree to just date.
I have no way of knowing for sure who Chris picks.
What I do know is hours of film are taken and we are shown minutes. The editors go frame by frame, which in our case is sc by sc to choose what to show us. There is a storyline they are instructed to follow. So if they want to show us certain emotions and facial expressions, that is what we are going to get in the scs. 
Now is what we see actual or not? It remains to be seen.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:35 am

nutty1 wrote:On the same topic, did Catherine have a real conflict??

Not really - more a "manufactured" conflict in that her mother didn't give her blessing on the HTD because there were still other girls in the running, and her sisters were skeptical about the entire speed-dating process. Catherine got a little defensive ("I'm super p****d at my sisters because they don't know me") on their LCD over that "obstacle".

I think it's interesting that Whitney's sister said almost the same thing to Chris when he asked for her blessing as Catherine's mother said to Sean under the same circumstances. Makes me wonder if the show's producers didn't just turn to page 15 in the Appendix of the common story elements book. Every time I see the same plot elements repeated in different seasons, my "Producer Driven BS Warning Light" illuminates.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:55 am

Great post, Lucas!! clapping!
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:10 am

Lucas, I wanted to say thanks for taking the time to respond to my earlier post. I appreciate it.

I'm conceding. Those sky limo shots are inconclusive to the ending -- no bodies, thus no evidence for any conclusion.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion - Page 18 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleurdesel Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:02 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
mindless wrote:Sorry, but after looking at the screen caps, I just can't see Chris proposing to Whitney. He looks totally miserable in most of them. She's going on about loving him to his parents and he just looks constipated. That's not a man in love. She must notice his lack of enthusiasm too? If he does choose her then I hope they agree to just date.
What I do know is hours of film are taken and we are shown minutes. The editors go frame by frame, which in our case is sc by sc to choose what to show us. There is a storyline they are instructed to follow. So if they want to show us certain emotions and facial expressions, that is what we are going to get in the scs

Re bolded, when I read this, I had a flashback of the SC of Ashley' facial expressions taken at FRC (she was letting go of Ben actually during those shots).  At the time, a lot of discussion went on, some taught she looked sad, some taught she looked happy, we see what we want to see. It's a SC of  a moment in time that is not representative of the whole story, but the debate is fun  Smiley
Fleurdesel
Fleurdesel

Female Posts : 833

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:13 pm

Litta123 wrote:Lucas, I wanted to say thanks for taking the time to respond to my earlier post. I appreciate it.

I'm conceding. Those sky limo shots are inconclusive to the ending -- no bodies, thus no evidence for any conclusion.

Well, thanks for the observation and the post as it forced logical thought and I think that's mostly why we're all here sleuthing; I really did enjoy thinking of the implications. Like you though, at the end of the day I wasn't able to say who - if anyone - was in the limo at the time those shots were taken without making very unscientific assumptions.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvstruck Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:40 pm

Totally agree with you! I just remember his time with Jillian where he was thinking of rainbows and unicorns because she talked so fast about things he was not interested in. Whitney does most of the talking and very fast too. With Becca their conversation is more natural back with him totally focused on her. I feel sorry for Whitney if she is chosen with her sister watching the show becuase I'm sure she would giver her an earfull of negative feedback about their relationship based on what has been shown. Chris showed no concern over how she or the others would feel taking Britt away for the Big & Rich show in front of the girls. At that time even Whitney called it the CHris & Britt show and now with the whole Whitney is a sure thing but he wants Becca and how he is pursuing her and telling the guys in the garage that he knows how he feels when he is with Becca. Big red flags he has been pursuing other girls all season not pursuing her so big hurdles to get past for Whitney.

Luvstruck

Back to top Go down

Post by traveler90 Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:16 pm

Luvstruck wrote:

Totally agree with you!  I just remember his time with Jillian where he was thinking of rainbows and unicorns because she talked so fast about things he was not interested in. Whitney does most of the talking and very fast too. With Becca their conversation is more natural back with him totally focused on her. I feel sorry for Whitney if she is chosen with her sister watching the show becuase I'm sure she would giver her an earfull of negative feedback about their relationship based on what has been shown. Chris showed no concern over how she or the others would feel taking Britt away for the Big & Rich show in front of the girls. At that time even Whitney called it the CHris & Britt show and now with the whole Whitney is a sure thing but he wants Becca and how he is pursuing her and telling the guys in the garage that he knows how he feels when he is with Becca. Big red flags he has been pursuing other girls all season not pursuing her so big hurdles to get past for Whitney.  

Good Post I agree
traveler90
traveler90

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:20 pm

Kashathediva wrote:
What I do know is hours of film are taken and we are shown minutes. The editors go frame by frame, which in our case is sc by sc to choose what to show us. There is a storyline they are instructed to follow. So if they want to show us certain emotions and facial expressions, that is what we are going to get in the scs. 

That is very true. However, this wasn't just screencaps, it was a video of Whit saying "I just want your to know how much I love your son and how important this is to me" with Chris sitting next to her looking like he's fishing bits of food from between his teeth. Now maybe he broke into a massive grin afterwards, we'll see, but he sure is preoccupied. If he was all about Whitney, I'd think he'd be beaming. He looked so constipated during the FD as well, except when she was staring straight at him smiling and he broke into a smile as well. Actually I've noticed this endearing quality about Chris where he can't help mirroring other people's facial expressions. I first noticed it in Sharleen's gifs and then again during WTA. He makes the strangest faces while listening, because his subconscious is trying to twist his face into the same expression as the other person's. It's funny. I guess it speaks for him being an empathetic person though.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 78 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 48 ... 78  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion

+94
Chrisbecca
Alanna
Lievta
ReneeM
Ayana
Trueloveforever
Ne14fan
b
hmbach
whit90
eliza3