SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - ATFR #2 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion

Page 58 of 79 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 68 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AfterTheFinalRose - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - ATFR #2 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion - Page 58 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - ATFR #2 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:42 am

hmbach wrote:
relaxing wrote:
Beagle wrote:

I have to be honest, Whitney is a great girl but there is something in me that hurts for Chris after watching the finale. At points I felt he looked defeated, resigned. He is aware that because of where he lives, he doesn't have an easy choice to find his soulmate, so he is willing to settle for good, not great for him. Now, saying that, my hope is that when they get to know each other better and as time progresses they become more like soulmates, so they could both feel that real love together. Chris is not there yet, but it could happen.

Well said.  I agree.  It felt sad.  I love Becca, but kind of wish she hadn't shown Chris that he might have a shot, so he didn't go so far down the road in his feelings for her.  Chris looks tired and not that well  to me at the WTA and again at ATFR.  Hope he finds peace in his heart and ends it if "it" is not there with Whit.  Wish all 3 luck going forward.

But see that's the thing, he did have a shot... he (or his sisters) just didn't want to wait for it.  Becca told him all along that she was a slow mover... now should she have come on a show like this if she was? Maybe not, but she did tell him that she wanted him. He wasn't willing to take the risk. Instead he will risk marrying someone he doesn't really love IMO.

That's exactly what I am thinking too.
There was something there. He should have waited but I suspect someone pushed him in another direction he may regret later.

I would really applaud this newly engaged couple and root for them if I had been able to see a happy guy instead of a somber looking one.

Back to top Go down

AfterTheFinalRose - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - ATFR #2 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion - Page 58 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - ATFR #2 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion

Post by Bhaka Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:47 am

stuckinsc wrote:IMO none of the families should be doing anything on SM but supporting their loved ones.

BTW, many have said that CH, question to Chris about Becca was rude. I hate CH and expect the worse out of the Fleissian mouthpiece, but I actually wonder if that question was to give Chris the chance to say that it wouldn't have mattered he loves Whitney and would have chosen her. I think CH was shocked it wasn't what he said.

I'm not a CH fan either, but I found his question reasonable. My take was that Chris had heard the question a few times before and was more than ready to move past it. I thought his response was great - something about stop with the "what ifs", stop reviewing the past, ready to look toward the future.
Bhaka
Bhaka

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:02 am

I thought they looked happy and anxious to start their future together.
They have been sneaking around and Whitney has spent time at the farm. She couldn't say she was moving to Iowa right away because she isn't: they are going to spend time in LA. She may be in Chicago for much of that time if they are taking Sean's advice to allow Whitney to keep busy while Chris practices for DWTS. He did look tired, who wouldn't be? He has been flying around the country and rehearsing and keeping a secret about his new wife to be. It has to be a strain on anyone.
Sitting in that seat meeting up with Becca for the first time after the breakup had to be hard too. He really did like her and he didn't like hurting her. He didn't know how she would be regarding the breakup and whether she would pull some sort of "Nick" on him, making the situation more uncomfortable. She didn't: she was classy and understood they were in different time and place in their life.  If he was 27 or so I think he would have taken the chance and waited to see if she came around. He's not. He was seriously looking for a wife.
He found that in Whitney and he loved her as well--just differently. He saw great things in both women as have all of us(most of us) and just made the decision based on what was best for this time of his life.
Becca seems fine and will find the love of her life.
I hope Chris and Whitney marry and make beautiful babies.
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:06 am

AfterTheFinalRose - Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - ATFR #2 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion - Page 58 11015526_389835847863970_1081775521_n
samanthasteffen_ Had so much FUN at #TheBachelor finale tonight!! Congrats @kaitlynbristowe for next bachelorette.. can't wait to watch!!
Maddy
Maddy

Back to top Go down

Post by hmbach Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:10 am

mtnlvr55 wrote:I thought they looked happy and anxious to start their future together.
They have been sneaking around and Whitney has spent time at the farm. She couldn't say she was moving to Iowa right away because she isn't: they are going to spend time in LA. She may be in Chicago for much of that time if they are taking Sean's advice to allow Whitney to keep busy while Chris practices for DWTS. He did look tired, who wouldn't be? He has been flying around the country and rehearsing and keeping a secret about his new wife to be. It has to be a strain on anyone.
Sitting in that seat meeting up with Becca for the first time after the breakup had to be hard too. He really did like her and he didn't like hurting her. He didn't know how she would be regarding the breakup and whether she would pull some sort of "Nick" on him, making the situation more uncomfortable. She didn't: she was classy and understood they were in different time and place in their life.  If he was 27 or so I think he would have taken the chance and waited to see if she came around. He's not. He was seriously looking for a wife.
He found that in Whitney and he loved her as well--just differently. He saw great things in both women as have all of us(most of us) and just made the decision based on what was best for this time of his life.
Becca seems fine and will find the love of her life.
I hope Chris and Whitney marry and make beautiful babies.

No way he loved W the same as Becca. Sorry I can't buy that, if he wouldn't have begged Becca for the answers in the hotel. Whitney will "do" but he doesn't love her the same. JMO. I see a man who settled because he is getting old and his sisters are pushing him to get married. I really see him drinking in the barn and loving his kids (if they get that far) but his wife... not so sure. I hope so for both their sakes, but right now I just don't see it. JMO of course.

hmbach

Back to top Go down

Post by hmbach Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:13 am

Bhaka wrote:
KB_Mom wrote:^^ Rolly and Lurker- I am now relieved that my eyesight has not failed me, because I saw what you saw.

Count me in.  This is what I saw too.

But all of us, Team Whitney and Team Becca, saw only what the producers chose to show us, and we can be sure that was never the whole picture.

I am hopeful that Chris and Whitney are embarking on a grand life adventure.  If they're like most of us, their love will rarely be 50/50.  Some days will be 60/40 or 80/20, and sometimes Whitney will love more, sometimes Chris.  I wish them all the best.

Thats what I don't get. If they were really so in love then why not show us more of that? What I saw with her edit was she was obsessed with being married and Chris was the guy that was there looking to get married. I really wish for Ws sake they would have showed us more of their real love story. I saw a man who liked her and had fun with her but he seemed always to be on the verge of drunk when he was with her. JMO.

hmbach

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:13 am

I truly think that Chris is a very nice guy who unlike many of the other former Bach's is not very worldly and suave. This is not a knock on him at all just some guys are like Jake .....suave to the point of being of being conceited and cocky. Chris seems like a what we used to call "a nice boy" who by his own decision found himself in the position that he quickly became overwhelmed by. He did not seem to relish the rose ceremonies rather other than the early ones, you could see his pain as each elimination approached. He was similar in many ways to Sean in this respect . I believe that as he eliminated each girl he could feel the hurt because I think he could see each of them through the lens of a brother observing a sister that was hurting. But he was the one who was the cause of the hurt. Every time he opened his mouth to say something that might be comforting to one of the girls on the hot seat he almost always wound up saying something that backfired and made either a remaining girl feel badly. Tonight in his effort to protect Becca when CH asked him that question it almost sounded like a swipe at Whitney. He and Becca both stayed true to themselves and in the end he wound up with what he said he came to find. I saw the Whitney/Chris love storyfrom the beginning and never once thought Becca was in the final running.
We obviously don't know if they will make it or not but I do think that if they don't it will be beyond crushing for Whitney. The loss of a lover combined with the loss of a family could really just devastate her.

Watched JK and I didn't see the animosity between the girls that many mentioned. Britt will survive, Kaitlyn will get bounced and that will be a shame but those guys will get what they deserve a clingy, crying, brat. Oh well bedtime and on. to MAFS next week. And part 2 tonight.

One last thought thanks to all the mods for a great job keeping us in line, and thanks too to my fellow posters who make it interesting.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by terabithia Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:15 am

I had no problems with the ATFR, I think Chris and Whitney look happy and if they're a good match they will make it work.

I was also impressed with the way Chris handled Harrison's questions. If he had thrown Becca under the bus (downplaying everything with her) many people would be angry, calling him a liar, jerk, and even worse. I think he hit the right notes and also praised Whitney several times, he expressed more than once how happy he was with his decision.

If his heart wanted Becca more he would've taken the risk with her. TPTB really played up the whole Arlington Pop. 38 thing when in reality Chris spends time in bigger cities and isn't limited to dating in a 10 mile radius around his farms. He was surely handed numerous unsolicited phone numbers after appearing on Andi's season (which will continue even though he's engaged), so the idea he had to choose Whitney only because a future with Becca was too uncertain doesn't make sense to me. If he wanted Becca he would've given her more time to catch up and then moved on if it didn't work out.
terabithia
terabithia

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:16 am

Bhaka wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:IMO none of the families should be doing anything on SM but supporting their loved ones.

BTW, many have said that CH, question to Chris about Becca was rude. I hate CH and expect the worse out of the Fleissian mouthpiece, but I actually wonder if that question was to give Chris the chance to say that it wouldn't have mattered he loves Whitney and would have chosen her. I think CH was shocked it wasn't what he said.

I'm not a CH fan either, but I found his question reasonable.  My take was that Chris had heard the question a few times before and was more than ready to move past it.  I thought his response was great - something about stop with the "what ifs", stop reviewing the past, ready to look toward the future.

I would have like to see him be more assertive and as oppose the "i don't know" when Chris asked him if Becca was ready if that would have made a difference.  

I tell you and it's no sour grapes - but I was a part of me secretly nervous before the Finale when I thought Becca was F1 because I sensed Chris' words not meshing with a guy in love. Perhaps it was just his nerves but some of the way he articulated his relationship with F1 was weird. Even tonight.

Will Chris and Whitney last? I don't know. I wish them well!  But CH won't bet his house on it and neither will I!  It seems the move to Eye-o-wa is on hold and marriage plans on the back burner. Also when CH is sprinkling doubts on the relationship before the FRC even airs it makes we wonder what he knows that we don't.

But then again I was also skeptical about Des and Chris and I couldnt be more glad to wrong about something! :halo:
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:17 am

aww, Whitney was so nervous.I'm glad she got her happy ending.

Back to top Go down

Post by hmbach Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:18 am

lexforlife wrote:aww, Whitney was so nervous.I'm glad she got her happy ending.

I am glad she got her family, she does seem a lovely person. I hope she sticks to her guns and doesn't watch the season though or her happy ending might not be as happy. JMO.

hmbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:19 am

terabithia wrote:I had no problems with the ATFR, I think Chris and Whitney look happy and if they're a good match they will make it work.

I was also impressed with the way Chris handled Harrison's questions. If he had thrown Becca under the bus (downplaying everything with her) many people would be angry, calling him a liar, jerk, and even worse. I think he hit the right notes and also praised Whitney several times, he expressed more than once how happy he was with his decision.

If his heart wanted Becca more he would've taken the risk with her. TPTB really played up the whole Arlington Pop. 38 thing when in reality Chris spends time in bigger cities and isn't limited to dating in a 10 mile radius around his farms. He was surely handed numerous unsolicited phone numbers after appearing on Andi's season (which will continue even though he's engaged), so the idea he had to choose Whitney only because a future with Becca was too uncertain doesn't make sense to me. If he wanted Becca he would've given her more time to catch up and then moved on if it didn't work out.
clapping! I couldn't haven't said it better!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 79 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 68 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Episode - 11 - LCD - FRC - ATFR #2 *Spoilers - Sleuthing*- Discussion

+96
elyn
Ash2214
oishioishi
RealityEscape
iamreal2u
Jolena
crazyjaney78
sopearl
George1218
onlyme
Linds911