SELECT CONTENT

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Page 60 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 70 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ContourFossa - Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 60 Empty Re: Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:12 pm

I am not believing that there could be a rekindling of the Becca and Chris relationship, at all. But want to comment about Whit meeting his friends. For all we know Becca did too. For all we know she went to his home. They didn't show anything of their LCD, except the convo in the hotel room. We know they went bowling. We don't know if they met his friends there. I'd say that would be a pretty big probability given that bowling is usually a group thing.

At any rate, I think we can let Chris and Whit have a love story, but it isn't necessary that we all see it the same way. We can also let Chris and Becca have their love story, and see it differently. But to say their story was a fabrication is to say that Chris and Becca, his parents, and alot of the contestants were lying along the way. Imo.

Back to top Go down

ContourFossa - Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 60 Empty Re: Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

Post by mindless Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:18 pm

Jolena wrote:
If he were developing strong feelings for her then one might wonder why he would bring Whit to meet his friends instead of Becca?  And why bring Whit to see his home and daily RL routine instead of Becca. Both girls were there in Des Moine that week and he picked Whit to do them with. Things that make you wonder. :headbanging
IMO if he was serious about Becca long term then all the more reason to take her on those dates to possibly make her feel more comfortable and make it easier for her to possibly fall in love. jmo  

Chris was well aware that Becca was more reserved. He was even surprised that Becca was so at ease around his family cracking jokes and all, so I don't think he would've even considered taking her to meet his friends on their second date. Whitney on the other hand had already proven she can talk to anyone, so he had nothing to worry about with her.

As for the LCD's. I doubt he could have had the same date with both women. That never happens. Becca had already been in Arlington, so she at least had some idea about what it's like and it's not like his farm differs all that much from his parents' farm. Isn't that where MTP was filmed? I think he wanted to show her what there is to do for fun in the area, so she wouldn't think it was all about being stuck on the farm.

ETA: And yeah, as BKay said, we have no idea if he took Becca to his farm. They were in Strawberry Point, which is like right there. They could've easily popped over for a quick visit. We don't know, since we didn't get to see anything from the day portion of that date.

Last edited by mindless on Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by sfrank Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:27 pm

mindless wrote:snipped...

Oh and I don't think the edit of the finale was trying to lead us to think he picks Becca. Maybe the beginning, but then the rest of the episode was all about Becca not being able to give him what he wants and Whitney being the perfect pick. And the biggest editing trickery was used to build up the relationship with Whitney. They changed the order of the LCD's and left out all the good stuff out of Becca's. When Chris went to her room he was glowing and made some comment about the day being amazing. You could tell they'd had an awesome time and he was hoping she could give him some justification to pick her. Instead he got the opposite. His sister told him to push her for clear answers, so he did and it just left him even more confused. I loved that conversation though, because it was the most real thing I've seen on this show. But in any case, it was the night before the FRC and they conveniently hid that fact. That's pro Whitney editing. They wanted us to think the day with Whitney gave him all the clarity he needed, when it didn't.

I agree Mindless....in fact I wrote something similar yesterday in Chris/Whit thread. Seems relevant here too...Chris' BIL says it all, IMO

sfrank 3/19 post wrote:Yes, the edit was misleading but IMO random "frankenbytes" just don't hold water to the actual cutting and piecing together needed to make the outcome more plausible. In fact this is one year the finale edit was balantly trying to lead everyone to one logical conclusion....

Not only did TPTB make it seem like Whitney was the only one to get a full day with Chris and but they also swapped the real order of the LCDs because had they shown the lead begging his F2 the day before he proposes to the F1 it would have completely undermined the outcome, IMO.

Yes, every season they say it's hard but not really. However, I think this season it was.  I'll point again to the BIL when he says to the family "all the reasons to go "X" are analytical ones but the reason to go "Y" is love and chemistry" about Chris' decision. Those words aren't frankenbyte or spliced in. We see him say it and I agree it was heart vs. head at the end. Chris chose his head, IMO. That doesn't mean that wasn't the right choice for Chris to make for his future.

In fact, I think, most viewers were left with the general feeling of how could he not pick Whitney - it seemed the most logical and obvious choice based on what he said he came on the show to find and given what we saw both women say to him and his family over the 90 mins. Even to those of us who questioned if he followed his heart could see that.
sfrank
sfrank

Back to top Go down

Post by Pia1 Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:11 am

What I saw was a love story between Becca and Chris and spinning it another way will not change what I saw and majority of viewers. Chris said himself on Atfr that he was falling in love or in love with Becca. He also said that he was always pushing Becca to catch up to where he was in his feelings for her. Even in the Finale when he was breaking up with her he said that he could see her as his wife but she wasn't ready. Just because he chose someone else doesn't negate that he had deep feelings for Becca and would have chosen her if she had been ready. Imo. I know what I saw and what so many others saw and nothing will convince me otherwise. Imo.

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:18 am

Pia1 wrote:What I saw was a love story between Becca and Chris and spinning it another way will not change what I saw and majority of viewers. Chris said himself on Atfr that he was falling in love or in love with Becca.  He also said that he was always pushing Becca to catch up to where he was in his feelings for her.  Even in the Finale when he was breaking up with her he said that he could see her as his wife but she wasn't ready.  Just because he chose someone else doesn't negate that he had deep feelings for Becca and would have chosen her if she had been ready. Imo.  I know what I saw and what so many others saw and nothing will convince me otherwise. Imo.  

Me too! :cutesmile!:
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:53 am

Pia1 wrote:What I saw was a love story between Becca and Chris and spinning it another way will not change what I saw and majority of viewers. Chris said himself on Atfr that he was falling in love or in love with Becca.  He also said that he was always pushing Becca to catch up to where he was in his feelings for her.  Even in the Finale when he was breaking up with her he said that he could see her as his wife but she wasn't ready.  Just because he chose someone else doesn't negate that he had deep feelings for Becca and would have chosen her if she had been ready. Imo.  I know what I saw and what so many others saw and nothing will convince me otherwise. Imo.  

clapping! clapping! clapping!
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:08 am

I personally don't negate that he had strong feelings for Becca. To me Chris has always come across as a pretty sincere kind of guy. He tried with all the various relationships to see if there was potential. Under the circumstances, I understand that feelings for multiple people may develop and naturally, those that stayed the longest, he will develop the deepest feelings for. Was he in love or falling in love with Becca...or both Becca and Whitney? Only he knows for sure, but while I saw an attraction to Becca, I also saw a lot of frustration with Becca. I would hesitate to say that the majority of viewers saw that love story. Personally, I saw another love story. Maybe not as romantic, but for me, more realistic. My friends...most of whom are unspoiled...thought the love story was with Whitney. I was actually really surprised by that since I thought the edit would make them think it was Becca, but no, they pretty much unanimously thought he was all about Whitney and Becca was just the convenient smoke screen.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by AlohaLady Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:14 am

BKay wrote:I am not believing that there could be a rekindling of the Becca and Chris relationship, at all. But want to comment about Whit meeting his friends. For all we know Becca did too. For all we know she went to his home. They didn't show anything of their LCD, except the convo in the hotel room. We know they went bowling. We don't know if they met his friends there. I'd say that would be a pretty big probability given that bowling is usually a group thing.

At any rate, I think we can let Chris and Whit have a love story, but it isn't necessary that we all see it the same way. We can also let Chris and Becca have their love story, and see it differently. But to say their story was a fabrication is to say that Chris and Becca, his parents, and alot of the contestants were lying along the way. Imo.

This is JMO. After his 1st date with Whit (wedding crasher), he told the TPTB that Whit is the one he wants to meet his friends. She was a front runner. Whit's date with his friends was just after Becca's first 1 on 1 and I think Whit's date was already planned with his friends. After his 1st 1 on 1 with Becca, he wanted more time with her thus the loft date and IMO was not a planned date since they were just sitting and talking (and making out on the couch Hugesmile ). He told Becca that their date in SD was the most "REAL" and "EASIEST" he's been on. Him saying this right after his date with Whit and his friends. Now IMO wouldn't a date with friends at a bar be real and easy, especially if she did all the talking. giggling Plus the "no camera" dinner becca went on with Chris for Elan's b-day and again the make-out session in the parking lot. This is a first in TB history to have two back to back 1 on 1.

The way he looked at her during the LA rooftop and the 1 on 1 time after the mud thingy speaks volumes. And we cannot miss the head shakes and hand dancing. I think during the AFTR he was fidgeting with his hand because he wanted to hold her hand and have a dance. giggling And to me, he had the biggest smiles when he was with Becca especially when they first met up in Bali. He was bouncing up and down. And I love those tugs he does when kissing Becca. Anyway, this is just what I saw and not necessarily what others saw.

AlohaLady

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:17 am

soccermom333 wrote:

Me too!  :cutesmile!:

me three!.. ContourFossa - Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8 - Page 60 2498057887 .I have stumbled upon some comments under TLA's fanvids, Becca's and Chris's IGs basically saying the same thing. FTR i was'nt rooting for Becca as the F1, but i can see the connection clearly , passing the edit. It was natural and real and nothing like any other previous Bachs and their F2s. The last convo they had with both kissing each's forehead and the ATFR were the prime examples. IMO. In the end im glad because Becca had stay true to herself and Whitney got what she wished for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:53 am

Jolena wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:
Jolena wrote:

no no not necessarily . imo Becca was part of the storyboard that TPTB were presenting. After the lead tells the producers who his focus is on ( in this case Whitney)  TPTB get to say who stays and who goes and in what order they go in. :Nod:  

From what I've heard, that is NOT true. Usually, if the lead is set on F1, the producers will switch up the order of the F2/F3, depending on who they want as Bachelorette and who they think would be "easier" to let go. And, yes, the producers will make the lead keep certain people around for drama or for their dramatic storyline to explode (ex. Rego from Ali's season).  Other than that, I've never heard a lead reveal that the producers told him/her which order to let people go once they get to final four. And, I feel like we would have heard something by now.

True or not I doubt we ever would hear a lead reveal it no no but imo that dosen't necessarily mean that it dosen't happen. (that little tiny ear piece is very much there). :Nod:

I don't know. Quite a lot has been revealed about past leads' thought-process, when it came to their F4. We know what DeAnna's original order of her F4 was, but how it all got twisted around after Graham left to go back to his girlfriend and Jeremy's hometown didn't go well. We heard about how Jason only really liked Melissa and Molly, with Jillian just being a friend, and how he made his decision the week before LCD. We heard about how he wasn't going to propose, but the producers forced him. We heard about how Ali's final two were going to be Frank/Roberto, and she hadn't fully made up her mind yet, but Frank left. We've heard about how Ashlee was Sean's front-runner for most of the show, and how he actually thought about letting Cat leave at F4. It seems like most leads in recent years haven't made up their decision by F4. They usually have it down to 2, but those final weeks definitely do impact their decision. I also think that if TPTB had that much power over who the lead picked, Emily Maynard would have NEVER won. Neither would have Josh, probably.

I also think it's interesting that everyone is now saying that he needed to let Kaitlyn go at F3 for Bachelorette, but before, everyone was saying that production had always wanted Britt for Bachelorette but recently had to change their minds when they saw the fan response for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:11 am

chasingpavements wrote:
Jolena wrote:
chasingpavements wrote:

From what I've heard, that is NOT true. Usually, if the lead is set on F1, the producers will switch up the order of the F2/F3, depending on who they want as Bachelorette and who they think would be "easier" to let go. And, yes, the producers will make the lead keep certain people around for drama or for their dramatic storyline to explode (ex. Rego from Ali's season).  Other than that, I've never heard a lead reveal that the producers told him/her which order to let people go once they get to final four. And, I feel like we would have heard something by now.

True or not I doubt we ever would hear a lead reveal it no no but imo that dosen't necessarily mean that it dosen't happen. (that little tiny ear piece is very much there). :Nod:

I don't know. Quite a lot has been revealed about past leads' thought-process, when it came to their F4. We know what DeAnna's original order of her F4 was, but how it all got twisted around after Graham left to go back to his girlfriend and Jeremy's hometown didn't go well. We heard about how Jason only really liked Melissa and Molly, with Jillian just being a friend, and how he made his decision the week before LCD. We heard about how he wasn't going to propose, but the producers forced him. We heard about how Ali's final two were going to be Frank/Roberto, and she hadn't fully made up her mind yet, but Frank left. We've heard about how Ashlee was Sean's front-runner for most of the show, and how he actually thought about letting Cat leave at F4. It seems like most leads in recent years haven't made up their decision by F4. They usually have it down to 2, but those final weeks definitely do impact their decision. I also think that if TPTB had that much power over who the lead picked, Emily Maynard would have NEVER won. Neither would have Josh, probably.

I also think it's interesting that everyone is now saying that he needed to let Kaitlyn go at F3 for Bachelorette, but before, everyone was saying that production had always wanted Britt for Bachelorette but recently had to change their minds when they saw the fan response for her.  

TPTB do not have the power over who the lead pics, the lead picks his/her top 4 early on (most have a good idea as early as night 1 or 2) and TPTB begin to build the storyboard around that, they decide who and for how long to create the drama . imo Emily and Josh were designated favorites by the leads early on as was Tess w/Dr. Andy Baldwin and Helene w/Arron Burgy . Deanna's was stuck on Graham early on. She didn't have interest in Jeremy or Jason for her F1, although I do know that Jeremy's hometown date went very well with his brothers, but it didn't matter because at that point Deanna was already stuck on Graham and didn't expect that he would leave on his own. The final two that were suppose to be left standing was Jeremy & Graham with Graham being F1 and Jeremy the next lead (TPTB tossed Jason and Jeremy around for a while before settling on Jason ( first single dad). Jessie was def a default choice. jmho
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4298

Back to top Go down

Post by Jolena Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:24 am

Sprite wrote:

I personally don't negate that he had strong feelings for Becca. To me Chris has always come across as a pretty sincere kind of guy. He tried with all the various relationships to see if there was potential. Under the circumstances, I understand that feelings for multiple people may develop and naturally, those that stayed the longest, he will develop the deepest feelings for. Was he in love or falling in love with Becca...or both Becca and Whitney? Only he knows for sure, but while I saw an attraction to Becca, I also saw a lot of frustration with Becca. I would hesitate to say that the majority of viewers saw that love story. Personally, I saw another love story. Maybe not as romantic, but for me, more realistic. My friends...most of whom are unspoiled...thought the love story was with Whitney. I was actually really surprised by that since I thought the edit would make them think it was Becca, but no, they pretty much unanimously thought he was all about Whitney and Becca was just the convenient smoke screen.

yep ! frustrated because he couldnt get her to say ILY. and def convenient smoke screen . ITA
Jolena
Jolena

Female Posts : 4298

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 60 of 80 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 70 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Becca Tilley - Bachelor 19 - Discussion - #8

+88
isittrue
ThankMeLater
Stacia620
Beach Lover
bluwavz