SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by IrishGal Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:42 am

Maybe the edit changed a few weeks ago when nick tweeted to Millsy that he was supposed to get a good edit? Basically asking for reassurance about his edit? Maybe they remembered the promises they made to him ... Nick is no dummy, I'm sure he got contractual reassurances before agreeing to appear again.

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 11 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:20 am

IrishGal wrote:Maybe the edit changed a few weeks ago when nick tweeted to Millsy that he was supposed to get a good edit? Basically asking for reassurance about his edit? Maybe they remembered the promises they made to him ... Nick is no dummy, I'm sure he got contractual reassurances before agreeing to appear again.

JMO, but I don't think any contestants, except the great Emily Maynard, have that type of power. I think TPTB knew that he really liked Kaitlyn and probably made verbal promises to him to get him to come on, which ultimately mean nothing. Millsy is the same guy who retweeted a blogger calling Nick a d*ck and then two days later, said that he was a runner like Nick and retweeted him saying that he has to follow his heart. They all speak out of both sides of their mouth, and unfortunately, a lot of contestants fall for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:54 am

chasingpavements wrote:
IrishGal wrote:Maybe the edit changed a few weeks ago when nick tweeted to Millsy that he was supposed to get a good edit? Basically asking for reassurance about his edit? Maybe they remembered the promises they made to him ... Nick is no dummy, I'm sure he got contractual reassurances before agreeing to appear again.

JMO, but I don't think any contestants, except the great Emily Maynard, have that type of power. I think TPTB knew that he really liked Kaitlyn and probably made verbal promises to him to get him to come on, which ultimately mean nothing. Millsy is the same guy who retweeted a blogger calling Nick a d*ck and then two days later, said that he was a runner like Nick and retweeted him saying that he has to follow his heart. They all speak out of both sides of their mouth, and unfortunately, a lot of contestants fall for it.
It was insane how the same night he tweeted about both of them being runners and that he loves Nick, he retweeted Andi, announced it a mic drop, and then tweeted he cannot wait to see her and loves her too. Kudos for being neutral I suppose?

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:01 am

^ TPTB loyalty lies with themselves.
All the contestants are TPTB guinea pigs dear children.
They use them and abuse them then the contestants go back for more.
Sad and insane. That's Bachelor family/fame I guess.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:47 am

chasingpavements wrote:

The contractual language I have seen covers special episodes and spin-offs (such as reunions, BP and BIP) as extensions of the original series for a period of 3 years after signing the original contract. IMO while they show might have given Nick contractual reassurances prior to his appearance they had no obligation to do so because the original contract was still in effect. And the contractual language I have seen gives the producers the ability to basically do anything they d**n well please to do and portray the contestant any way they want to.

Emily had some bargaining power above and beyond some others because they show wanted her very badly. Chris Lambton also had some bargaining power for the same reason but unlike Emily he had no interest in being the lead. IMO the producers most likely wanted Nick on the show because he's good for drama but I also think Nick wanted to be on the show as much or more than the show wanted him so I think he had relatively little bargaining power.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:53 am

AllAboutLove wrote:^ TPTB loyalty lies with themselves.
All the contestants are TPTB guinea pigs dear children.
They use them and abuse them then the contestants go back for more.
Sad and insane. That's Bachelor family/fame I guess.
Truer words were never spoken!! no no
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:54 am

happygolucky wrote:Emusha, I'm basing my assumptions of how things went "down" on the 1st preview and I've seen only the part of Nick coming "back" in 4th episode ... so are you saying new preview and episodes might not be in the same spirit as the 1st preview?
Hi HGL!

Let me try to give excerpts rather than explain
Yes part of it is the preview the villain music is present + right after the shot of K saying "NICK!" the first thing ever about him is "Nick V was such a ******* to Andy"

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelorette/video/VDKA0_gznwr9d3

CH interview after season preview

He comes back pretty early in the season, when we were in New York. It's definitely a sticking point for the guys because it's not just a guy, it's Nick. Anybody who's seen the show knows what Nick is like. Adding fuel to the fire would be an understatement. But part of it was jealousy because Kaitlyn decides if he should stay or not.
http://www.tvguide.com/news/bachelorette-chris-harrison-spoilers/

CH interview after Nick comes on -- he likely gave that interview last week or so

Nick shows up and Kaitlyn immediately looked smitten.
Harrison: I felt the same way. As soon as I saw her face light up when she saw him, it was over, done. Nick knew he had Kaitlyn. You could see the smug look on his face. I know she went through the proper emotions of being torn and trying to sleep on it, but it's like when you know you're going to make a purchase, it's just a matter of when. The fact that she was willing to put the guys through all that let's you know how serious she is about Nick.

You must have questioned his motives. Harrison: I would 120 percent question Nick's motives and the way it all went down. When they started talking, they didn't know she'd be the Bachelorette, but he had an idea. So of all people to track down it was Kaitlyn? It seemed too obvious and convenient. So, I was very leery of Nick coming back. But you have to leave it up to her because obviously there were feelings there.

Everybody knows Nick and what he pulled and how he outed Andi and double-crossed her and was kissing and telling. However emotional it was or the reasons he did it, it wasn't a very gentlemanly or honorable thing to do. I wouldn't have been shocked if they all got up and left. I told Kaitlyn that was a real possibility that they would say, "Screw you, I'm leaving." But that says something about Nick that she was willing to risk that.

And in true Nick fashion, he doesn't try to ingratiate himself with the guys. He could come in and be humble, but he's not. He has this skill to just rub people the wrong way.
http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-bachelorette-nick-kaitlyn/

THEN the switch is flipped

You can go back a couple of pages for what I'm describing I've pulled social media posts and descriptions on the abc website but the latest CH blog post, US weekly article are all in line with this. K has been consistent with a very positive image of Nick from the onset -- explaining his reasons as being cos he has strong feelings for her and even mentioning that he left work and got a 1 way plane ticket so K's stance has stayed the same. It's tptb view that's changed. It's very clear to me that before last week around when we first got a glimpse of the US Weekly article (in the media no discussion thread) they decided to go a different route! I'm still sooo confused why... curious to hear others thoughts on this including why it might be cos I really think tbtb has an agenda or they won't be doing this just to be nice...the curious thing is it's after airing began so could it be based on audience reaction?? but what aspect of it...
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:02 am

My guess is the "Switch Flipped" only to keep the unspoiled audience guessing.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:11 am

could be AC.
someone (I think Lucas) made an astute observation in the shawn thread that shawn is being given the Ali treatment during Jake's season "if she goes for nick...she is not the girl for me".

I wonder if they were going the path of the vienna edit for Nick cos it was such a natural continuation of last season then changed their minds midway....cos of audience reaction against the lead being so strong?? I mean it's a multiple-whammy they're serving up ...villains are popping out of every hole imaginable for this season you'd think it's a horror movie and every one has villain potential (wolf in sheeps clothing) giggling   so they had reason to give more romantic storylines as well?

Interestingly we're by some stroke of luck getting multidimensional characters some are all coming off as imperfect at this point imo but they're also compelling. curious to see how shawn's edit evolves...maybe we have new editors and in addition to the format change this is something they wanted to try?

Going back to vienna and jake -- anyone know why they got such a horrendous edit?? is it cos the material was just there and it was undeniable and edit couldn't cover it up? or it was also cos of Ali and her being set up as lead?

Really curious how edit will progress for everyone on this show - setting up for ending, setting up for tb etc.
On a somewhat related note -- I was also blown away with how much of the chemistry between nick and K they actually showed...it was enough so that even people who hate nick couldn't deny it's there and what k was saying about it being undeniable was true
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:48 am

agentcurls wrote:My guess is the "Switch Flipped" only to keep the unspoiled audience guessing.

The unspoiled audience is not pouring over magazine articles and CHs blogs to understand the differences in how tptb are percieving the contestants as the episodes air.

The unspoiled viewers merely watch and make their own judgements. IMO of course. It is us here on the board that studies how things change based on behind the scene stuff going on.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:00 am

nd4reality wrote:
agentcurls wrote:My guess is the "Switch Flipped" only to keep the unspoiled audience guessing.

The unspoiled audience is not pouring over magazine articles and CHs blogs to understand the differences in how tptb are percieving the contestants as the episodes air.

The unspoiled viewers merely watch and make their own judgements. IMO of course. It is us here on the board that studies how things change based on behind the scene stuff going on.

So are you saying the edit started leaning softer towards Nick to keep spoiled viewers, bloggers, & forum fans guessing? Smiley

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:05 am

Guessing perhaps, but at least maybe softening the "villain" label.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Britt Nilsson - Edit Analysis - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+39
vivi2
hdman
sparkler
nutty1
officeRules
umngirl
ironcat
Hotmomma
happygolucky
Lucas15
AllAboutLove