SELECT CONTENT

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Page 54 of 73 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 63 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

nashville - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 54 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by albean99 Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:15 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:Reading the non-spoiled discussion thread and it is interesting to note that Shawn is seen as someone who has "lost the plot" and needs to get it together and stop acting like he is the only contestant. Also interesting that his being in love so quickly isn't seen as realistic.

Amazing what spoilers and other outside info can do to change how one sees something unspoiled.

That means the edit is working. They don't want it to be obvious.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15322

Back to top Go down

nashville - Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 54 Empty Re: Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Kashathediva wrote:I think he simply suffers from Resting Bastard Face--the counterpart of Resting Bitch Face. It's ok. Those of us that are suffers don't have much choice.

I think for boys it should be resting douche face (RDF), I don't want to throw shade on anyone's mom. giggling
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by agentcurls Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:29 pm

What's pretty indicative of an F1 or IF1 (intended final one) is the lead's (edited) behavior with them.
I was a huge Chris L. fan, but in the pit of my belly knew she would choose Frank or Roberto. If Brooks fell in mutual love with Des, I believe he would've been her F1. Same with CS & Becca.
Spoiler or not, Kaitlyn just acts different around Shawn than the others.
I didn't come back to the board until the 2nd episode, was blind to any pre-sleuthing, but after watching Kaitlyn interact with Shawn I thought they might have something a 'la Jash-like based on her behavior.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:33 pm

agentcurls wrote:What's pretty indicative of an F1 or IF1 (intended final one) is the lead's (edited) behavior with them.
I was a huge Chris L. fan,  but in the pit of my belly knew she would choose Frank or Roberto. If Brooks fell in mutual love with Des, I believe he would've been her F1. Same with CS & Becca.
Spoiler or not, Kaitlyn just acts different around Shawn than the others.
I didn't come back to the board until the 2nd episode, was blind to any pre-sleuthing, but after watching Kaitlyn interact with Shawn I thought they might have something a 'la Jash-like based on her behavior.

Yes! thumbsup

soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:37 pm

IA Agent, plus, I think post-show, it's the Kait she is with Shawn that we're seeing in her official media and sm. I love this version of Kait, although I loved her before too of course Smiley

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:14 pm

albean99 wrote:
AllAboutLove wrote:Reading the non-spoiled discussion thread and it is interesting to note that Shawn is seen as someone who has "lost the plot" and needs to get it together and stop acting like he is the only contestant. Also interesting that his being in love so quickly isn't seen as realistic.

Amazing what spoilers and other outside info can do to change how one sees something unspoiled.

It's one thing to be hidden. It's another to be unappealing.
From what's been described, his behavior sounds childish and unpleasant. Is this the hallmark of an F1??
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:24 pm

SueSt wrote:
albean99 wrote:

It's one thing to be hidden.  It's another to be unappealing.  
From what's been described, his behavior sounds childish and unpleasant.  Is this the hallmark of an F1??

To be fair, we are focused on a couple of incidents, so it is not that he is 24/7 a douchebag (like CS was), but he seems way over intense about certain things. It could be that they are going for him being love at first site. I don't believe in the concept, but it could be seen that way. Their 1:1 date was very sweet and he was much less brooding that normal. He just doesn't do well in the group setting at all and personally, I found him talking about Kaitlyn killing herself to be tasteless, but then suicide is just never funny to me.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:34 pm

SueSt wrote:
albean99 wrote:

It's one thing to be hidden.  It's another to be unappealing.  
From what's been described, his behavior sounds childish and unpleasant.  Is this the hallmark of an F1??
Based on the posts in the unspoiled section they believed Shawn to be the obvious edit and F1.
They just found his behavior unappealing in the recent episode.
So it is nothing new: Obvious F1 -- drama drama doubt doubt -- then back to obvious F1.
Seems like the way things are on all franchises this past year/s.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:37 pm

IMO, the concept of lying in a coffin pretending to be dead is not that appealing so the reason why she died is just not appealing. Think both cancelled each other out.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:43 pm

iamreal2u wrote:IMO, the concept of lying in a coffin pretending to be dead is not that appealing so the reason why she died is just not appealing.  Think both cancelled each other out.
What I actually found most interesting is that she loved the dead pan delivery; I never would have expected it from her, so it's a total surprise to me how much she gets his humor since hers is so different and same goes for him with her brand of humor. Just an interesting thing to me.

Oh and Shawn is THE fan favorite this season out in sm and the Bach world, aside from this board. He's far from disliked or unappealing.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:49 pm

Alanna wrote:
iamreal2u wrote:IMO, the concept of lying in a coffin pretending to be dead is not that appealing so the reason why she died is just not appealing.  Think both cancelled each other out.
What I actually found most interesting is that she loved the dead pan delivery; I never would have expected it from her, so it's a total surprise to me how much she gets his humor since hers is so different and same goes for him with her brand of humor. Just an interesting thing to me.

Oh and Shawn is THE fan favorite this season out in sm and the Bach world, aside from this board. He's far from disliked or unappealing.

^^IA about their senses of humour. They match up well.

As for the joke being offensive, personally, I didn't like it. I thought it was a stupid joke. But from what I've seen from K in her snapchats, and even a bit from CS's season, she often makes a few snarky jokes herself.

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:11 am

It's interesting how both F1's (Shawn and Whitney) had very public 1on1 dates (Shawn in SA and Whitney in DM with the mural). I wonder if that is an intentional move by TPTB since this date was spoiled on SM early on the public get a "first look" if you will of the F1 before the season even airs? 

Just interesting given the obvious edits (the Season Preview has the words "husband" over Shawn... and Kaitlyn even uses the word "husband" when talking about Shawn just like Whitney used "engaged" when talking about CS). 

Definitely feels like TPTB are all about being so obvious that the only option left when questioning the obvious edit is to question it because it is so obvious.

It has happened a lot this past year and year before and not only with the US franchise. Seems like the obvious edit (who many think may be F1 from the getgo). Sometimes one can even think this just from the bio photo or SM photos of the contestant (in Shawn's case this was something many concluded, including myself, that he looked like possible F1, same for Whitney, etc).
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 73 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 63 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Shawn Booth - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

+84
emptysquares
Emilia23_12
fashionista84
eirekay
lurker11