SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* thread 2

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* thread 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* thread 2

Post by agentcurls Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:06 am

Lucas15 wrote:
agentcurls wrote:Many of these ITMs do not seem organic to me. Shawn is really not that believable when discussing his disdain for Nick. The facial expressions, body language, etc. It's almost like he is going against his own grain in some of these. Not to mention, tptb are regurgitating these "Nick disdain" ITMs of Shawn's in VO ad naseum, trying to hit us over the head with it.

Nor to me, and especially from the preview scene we have seen about their upcoming "confrontation". There's almost nothing I see in that that reeks of a genuine confrontation. If it was real Shawn would be standing - not sitting; his weight would be on the balls of his feet (athletic position from which one can move in any direction - think of a tennis player waiting on a serve); he would be squaring his shoulders and "puffing out his chest" - basically doing everything he could to make himself appear bigger and stronger than his "adversary" so as to appear more intimidating. He wouldn't be smiling - he'd be staring (or glaring) at Nick. IMO Shawn has the ability to be rather intimidating if he wants or chooses to be - but he's not.

Even the way this confrontation starts reeks of a producer setup. There just "happens" to be a camera crew in his room when he calls the front desk to get a room number that no hotel should or would give out to another guest - or to anyone; the most a hotel will do is connect you to their room and allow the guest the ability to give their room number out if they so choose. This entire situation is not organic and Shawn is indeed not believable.

IMO this is all "made for Reality TV" and it's part of the story line and they are doing everything they can with the edit and the power of suggestion to make viewers believe it's real. I'm really not buying what they're trying to sell though.
JMHO

Excellent point on body language.
This storyline does seem heavy--handed.

Joey & Kelsey - You're the One

Joey & Kelsey - Why I Love You
agentcurls
agentcurls

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* thread 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* thread 2

Post by soccermom333 Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:08 am

agentcurls wrote:
Lucas15 wrote:
agentcurls wrote:Many of these ITMs do not seem organic to me. Shawn is really not that believable when discussing his disdain for Nick. The facial expressions, body language, etc. It's almost like he is going against his own grain in some of these. Not to mention, tptb are regurgitating these "Nick disdain" ITMs of Shawn's in VO ad naseum, trying to hit us over the head with it.

Nor to me, and especially from the preview scene we have seen about their upcoming "confrontation". There's almost nothing I see in that that reeks of a genuine confrontation. If it was real Shawn would be standing - not sitting; his weight would be on the balls of his feet (athletic position from which one can move in any direction - think of a tennis player waiting on a serve); he would be squaring his shoulders and "puffing out his chest" - basically doing everything he could to make himself appear bigger and stronger than his "adversary" so as to appear more intimidating. He wouldn't be smiling - he'd be staring (or glaring) at Nick. IMO Shawn has the ability to be rather intimidating if he wants or chooses to be - but he's not.

Even the way this confrontation starts reeks of a producer setup. There just "happens" to be a camera crew in his room when he calls the front desk to get a room number that no hotel should or would give out to another guest - or to anyone; the most a hotel will do is connect you to their room and allow the guest the ability to give their room number out if they so choose. This entire situation is not organic and Shawn is indeed not believable.

IMO this is all "made for Reality TV" and it's part of the story line and they are doing everything they can with the edit and the power of suggestion to make viewers believe it's real. I'm really not buying what they're trying to sell though.
JMHO

Excellent point on body language.
This storyline does seem heavy--handed.

I agree. Not buying it either. TPTB are working overtime.  The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* thread 2 - Page 10 1710264613
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:21 am

You know in the beginning of the episode when Shawn and Nick are sitting together on that tiny couch, their smirks and body language had me thinking that they were totally ok around each other but kept up the charade. They almost looked amused.

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* thread 2 - Page 10 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:26 am

bleuberry wrote:You know in the beginning of the episode when Shawn and Nick are sitting together on that tiny couch, their smirks and body language had me thinking that they were totally ok around each other but kept up the charade. They almost looked amused.
I thought the same. 
Editing team goofed on this one.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:33 am

I totally agree with everyone in here about the Shawn and Nick "rivalry". One thing I noticed is on the GD when Nick interrupted Shawn and Kaitlyn's time, Shawn seemed perfectly fine with Nick doing that and didn't seem the least bit upset about it. I know he's saying all this bad stuff about Nick in ITM's and calling him "the other guy" repeatedly but I don't actually feel any of it from him. The whole thing is just amusing to me and entertaining to watch.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 am

I tend to think that they're both nice/normalish men so it's not like they're bffs but I also don't think they're going to be inviting each other to rumble in the junkyard after school either.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:37 am

Kashathediva wrote:
bleuberry wrote:You know in the beginning of the episode when Shawn and Nick are sitting together on that tiny couch, their smirks and body language had me thinking that they were totally ok around each other but kept up the charade. They almost looked amused.
I thought the same. 

IMO Shawn is showing that he's a terrible actor and I also think he's amused by and inside laughing at the absurdity of it all. The precious little we've seen of Shawn in SM "after the fact" shows someone laughing at himself and amused by the whole situation. I guess this is what the producers have to deal with sometimes - and why they do so much manipulation to get real emotions - when they don't it's pretty apparent that they failed.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:13 am

soccermom333 wrote:
Alanna wrote:
emusha wrote:I actually think nick if he's at all intuitive had already picked up on K's reactions from the beginning - her reaction to the sex with him...her reaction to him questioning shawn... i think he has an idea he's not frontrunner and that's why he was hesitant and mumbling the whole of the FD -- i think the sex on fs night is what boosted his confidence -- I imagine that it was good by the way they were acting in the morning...
IA, I think the whole thing is a like mindeff. He thinks one thing (Kait is not into him as she into Shawn) but then something happens (they sleep together, the producers convince him he's her fav) and he gets his confidence back and starts to think he was crazy to doubt, and then it goes in that cycle all throughout the show.

Yes!  TPTB know exactly what they are doing. partytime partytime  Kaitlyn looked checked out with Nick anyway.  

Sorry, but I did not see a checked out Kaitlyn at all. She was enjoying fooling him and their morning after scene while gross in that we have never gone there before was really sweet. She is engaged with him, even leaning into him and smelling Nick.

I think Kaitlyn during filming was still attracted to him, she had just "chosen" Shawn by the time he showed up. Now post show, I agree Kaitlyn is 100% checked out and seems to want Nick gone. And somehow most find this adorable. I find it b***** personally. But then again, I am over Kaitlyn and her fake drama. She is a turly bad actress, good thing she can live on being a reality star just like the last lead.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:27 am

While I do think the drama by Shawn and Nick and even Kaitlyn is staged/heightened, Shawn's body language and voice when telling Nick he is manipulative and arrogant seemed real... Shawn was almost shaking the way he was saying that. Typical confrontational BL, imo.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:43 am

stuckinsc wrote:
soccermom333 wrote:
Alanna wrote:
IA, I think the whole thing is a like mindeff. He thinks one thing (Kait is not into him as she into Shawn) but then something happens (they sleep together, the producers convince him he's her fav) and he gets his confidence back and starts to think he was crazy to doubt, and then it goes in that cycle all throughout the show.

Yes!  TPTB know exactly what they are doing. partytime partytime  Kaitlyn looked checked out with Nick anyway.  

Sorry, but I did not see a checked out Kaitlyn at all. She was enjoying fooling him and their morning after scene while gross in that we have never gone there before was really sweet. She is engaged with him, even leaning into him and smelling Nick.

I think Kaitlyn during filming was still attracted to him, she had just "chosen" Shawn by the time he showed up. Now post show, I agree Kaitlyn is 100% checked out and seems to want Nick gone. And somehow most find this adorable. I find it b***** personally. But then again, I am over Kaitlyn and her fake drama. She is a turly bad actress, good thing she can live on being a reality star just like the last lead.

Preach it, Stuck!! :yes:
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Longhornfan Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:54 am

Lucas15 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
I thought the same. 

IMO Shawn is showing that he's a terrible actor and I also think he's amused by and inside laughing at the absurdity of it all. The precious little we've seen of Shawn in SM "after the fact" shows someone laughing at himself and amused by the whole situation.

What I see happening here is a good PR campaign going on, using SM. What else can Shawn do now that all those episodes have aired? In this day and age, what better way is there than getting out there on SM to try and clean up one's image?

But see, I don't think that Shawn was acting while on the show. I think that he was REACTING. And, those are two entirely different things.

And, IMHO, the biggest reason that Shawn has been able to look amused and lighthearted on SM - is because HE WON. He ended up with Kaitlyn, and Nick didn't. Of course Shawn is amused.

Longhornfan

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:01 am

Longhornfan wrote:What I see happening here is a good PR campaign going on, using SM.  What else can Shawn do now that all those episodes have aired?  In this day and age, what better way is there than getting out there on SM to try and clean up one's image?  

But see, I don't think that Shawn was acting while on the show.  I think that he was REACTING.  And, those are two entirely different things.

And, IMHO, the biggest reason that Shawn has been able to look amused and lighthearted on SM - is because HE WON.  He ended up with Kaitlyn, and Nick didn't.  Of course Shawn is amused.    
:claphands Excellent post and points. I agree that Shawn was reacting... his BL was typical adrenaline-rushed shaking when talking to Nick. If he was acting he wouldn't be shaking like that... it would be stilted, imo.

As to his post-SM happiness, I also agree that it is because Shawn won. Simple as that, imo.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Epi 8 July 6th - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* thread 2

+37
Ariela
mysthelma
happygolucky
BlackHalo
bluwavz
albean99
Newto
ElonM
Bet2Win
mprssdbyu
bleuberry