SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16

Page 77 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16 - Page 77 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:54 am

Still wondering though why Nick got special access to his SM while filming.
I think Elan is in Nick's corner big time and really likes Nick, probably more than any other male contestant from this show.
As much as the "show" isn't anyone's friends I do think that Nick has friends on the show and they both separate the "show" from their relationship.
That makes sense to me because Nick has shown me via his podcasts that he himself sees the show as "tv" and then reality and even said "producer friends".
It's almost like Nick has a producer's mindset in addition to his own personal view.
He can see both ways and is objective which is likely what makes him friends with producers. He seems to just *get* what it is all about.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16 - Page 77 Empty Re: Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16

Post by OnePromise Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:56 am

Happy and Notarose, I agree that Nick has been taking actions to cautiously rebrand himself in hopes of capitalizing on future opportunities that might benefit him.  And what a better time to take advantage of his growing popularity than when his second and much more positive go around on the show has just finished airing?   His timing is spot on.

I don't think that it means he is not being considered for the Bachelor lead, but rather that he is not banking on being selected and pursuing his own interests no matter their decision.  I don't think that TPTB can stop him from hiring a social media PR agency to assist with managing his accounts or launching his own website.  

He may have released the website location yesterday after the article regarding Ben being the new Bachelor was released and then removed it when it was not officially confirmed by ABC.  I tend to agree that the official deal is not "sealed" and neither Ben or Nick really know what the producers are fully planning yet.  Otherwise, why would they both be campaigning? IMO, if either knew the other was officially chosen, they would graciously bow out and support the other.  Keeping both men "in the dark" is just part of the game.  And IMO it is likely that the producers are still at odds about which candidate should be selected as each seems to have their personal favorite.  

Interestingly, those on the "inside" (most Bach alums and a few media reps) are still stating that no decision has been made.  What benefit would afford them to lie or lead the public on?  Most of them are not still under contract and would have no reason to support whatever smoke and mirrors game TPTB are playing.

Either way, Nick is planning for the future. Chosen or not. And for that, I applaud him. Perhaps the reason why no other contestants being considered for the lead role in the past have launched their own website prior to the announcement, is because they just did not have the foresight to do so. Nick is excellent at networking and seeing the big picture, so it fits him. He has also made a number of SM savy friends recently, who no doubt have had a hand in assisting with his recent SM branding decisions. Good work, Mr. Viall!!

OnePromise

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:27 pm

Since I do agree with AAL and like I've stated once in general discussion forum talking about "manipulative Nick" (that people love to criticize), there's a reason he is a really good friend with Elan, because their minds/reasoning are very similar ... both know how to use the given situation to their advantage (and I applaud that) ... There's also another more twisted option: what if Nick knew all along TPTB weren't really considering him as a possible lead ... they might talked about it, maybe did some brainstorming juggling the idea ... but it never became a serious plan ... and Nick knew where he stood ... so with no intention to campaign and to promote himself for them to change their mind, but rather to take advantage of this time when they don't announce the new lead ... he took the opportunity ...or I might say his team at WLS have come up with this strategy ... to insert him in the media and feed them with the information ... make them run the story (since it gives them something to write while there's not much gossip/news) about the potential candidacy/option and giving Nick a required exposure for his future endeavors and plans that have yet to be revealed. I mean it wasn't for nothing that we used to call him Tricky Nicky last year ... I hope he cashes in.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:39 pm

I agree HGL but I don't think it's trickery, just Nick being smart! Smiley

AAL, I think Nick was allowed his phone to access SM during filming so as not to tip anyone off that he was on the show. IMO he was probably given back his phone in random intervals Smiley
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:55 pm

rhondam ... oh, definitely a smart cookie!

NR ... Clint ... yeap, ITA he is probably the smartest and most creative ... unshaken, strong character who wanted to look in other people's faces and put them on the spot if they had the courage to say to him what wrong did he ever do to them ... and from the answers ... most people were just "chickens" and some were "sheep" (or Brill's gooses) ... so the best comeback they had was "brokeback mountain" ... clearly most missed the point that it's an insult to someone else, not to Clint.
And I can also see that JJ is quite smart too, with a deadpan delivery like Will Ferrell, whose jokes and satire aren't always understood.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:57 pm

rhondam wrote:I agree HGL but I don't think it's trickery, just Nick being smart! Smiley

AAL, I think Nick was allowed his phone to access SM during filming so as not to tip anyone off that he was on the show. IMO he was probably given back his phone in random intervals Smiley
:yes: agree, very smart. There has been a gender divide in years past with many former female contestants capitalizing on their marketability but almost no males finding a niche. No one blinks when Becca loads her SM with product tags, as an example. It has simply become standard. No reason why a male shouldn't capitalize as well. It's just breaking new ground.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by rhondam Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:17 pm

Yes HGL and NR and I agree on the Clint and JJ observations as well Smiley!
rhondam
rhondam

Female Posts : 2142

Back to top Go down

Post by DMBFan Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:21 pm

happygolucky wrote:Since I do agree with AAL and like I've stated once in general discussion forum talking about "manipulative Nick" (that people love to criticize), there's a reason he is a really good friend with Elan, because their minds/reasoning are very similar ... both know how to use the given situation to their advantage (and I applaud that) ... There's also another more twisted option: what if Nick knew all along TPTB weren't really considering him as a possible lead ... they might talked about it, maybe did some brainstorming juggling the idea ... but it never became a serious plan ... and Nick knew where he stood ... so with no intention to campaign and to promote himself for them to change their mind, but rather to take advantage of this time when they don't announce the new lead ... he took the opportunity ...or I might say his team at WLS have come up with this strategy ... to insert him in the media and feed them with the information ... make them run the story (since it gives them something to write while there's not much gossip/news) about the potential candidacy/option and giving Nick a required exposure for his future endeavors and plans that have yet to be revealed. I mean it wasn't for nothing that we used to call him Tricky Nicky last year ... I hope he cashes in.

That would be quite masterful!

DMBFan

Female Posts : 1549

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:24 pm

I understand capitalizing on opportunities that come their way and have no problem with it.  Occasionally promoting a product, especially if it's one you are particular fond of, is one thing.  But personally, I don't like to see them promoting every product known to man for a few quick bucks, regardless of who it is... a favorite or not.  It is admittedly why I've lost interest in trying to follow or keep up with most from the franchise.  I admit it will be interesting to see just what he does in the future and know I can come here to be kept up to date.  Thanks to those who bring over all the info!   bestbud!

BTW, love the avi Happy!  Is my Charlie love wearing off on you?  Hugesmile
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by mysthelma Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:35 pm

Those two articles about Nick saying he will consider being the bachelor were based on his huff post podcast. I mean this is not new he said the same during the gma interview. I like this tweet from Amy Kaufman who works for LA times

@EW: Nick Viall would 'seriously consider' becoming the next Bachelor: http://t.co/6dCxljgX6r #TheBachelor http://t.co/o2eBXZTLSz

@AmyKinLA: @EW @viallnicholas28 haven't you said this before? surprised everyone is so surprised

#teanCalia #TeamBryan #Brachel #RnBLove  Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16 - Page 77 1f49b  Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16 - Page 77 1f49c

"I can see the Man you deserve, and I want to be that Man" l o v ebeatingheartseeing hearts
mysthelma
mysthelma

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:46 pm

DMBFan ... nothing that TPTB haven't done themselves before ... using Nick ... so why shouldn't he used "their name" (the upcoming season) for his own gain even if for "just the talk"... I wish he has.

Ladybug ... from now on I'm wearing proudly my Charlie colors, but it's great to see your baby-blue *eyes*...so keep posting! ... King Arthur's honor!

ETA:** the meaning is in the eyes... thought it's obvious, but I've just googled and there are other meanings, so this is what I meant.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:21 pm

All these Ben confimations make me a little sad. I know the easy, popular choice was Ben, but I think Nick would have brought the drama and the ratings. I think that some of the producers may have wanted Nick, but they have to go through many different people to get approval. I just wonder why Nick is doing so much media. It kind of confuses me.
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 77 of 80 Previous  1 ... 40 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall Bachelorette 11 - Fan Forum - Thread #16

+64
Lymie36
KK4
DMBFan
rhondam
lovelove7