SELECT CONTENT

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Litta123 Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:48 am

Well this show did the Lowes no favors, imo. Clearly there was a lot of tongue and cheek going on, but nonetheless, I was disappointed that Sean and Catherine allowed the producers to exaggerate the Christian male stereotype. Reality producers can do much with whatever the cast gives them....and Sean and Catherine gave it to them on a silver platter. 

And what was "Wratherine" all about? For me, she was too emotional about it for her to be going for a joke.

I hate to see how they are going to be portrayed on MBC. Not good...no no

For the record, I like SeanCat, but I think this was a big mistake for them.

ETA: I see "Wratherine" has been explained above. Oh well...

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 4 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:49 am

Oh, I forgot it was today and missed it! Can somebody give me a quick summary?

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:00 am

chasingpavements wrote:Oh, I forgot it was today and missed it! Can somebody give me a quick summary?

Sean looked like a jackass. Catherine looked like unhappy and trapped. The Mesnicks were great. The end.

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 4 87b72b10 Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 4 86669110 Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 4 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:02 am

chasingpavements wrote:Oh, I forgot it was today and missed it! Can somebody give me a quick summary?

It was pretty similar to the preview clips we've seen. Sean went to work and wanted Molly to clean, cook, and take the dogs out. In their free time they hung out with Sean's friends from church and Sean's family. This was essentially their 'theme,' all about Sean. Molly tried to help Sean leave his ( made for TV?) bubble and try new things, and also encouragesd him to let Cat branch out and do stuff she wants and meet people she knows. Frankly he looked neurotic and self-absorbed, and lots of it was acting.

Molly and Jason's 'thing' was slowing down and enjoying quality time together since their life is all go go go between work and the kids.

Molly answered a fan on Twitter saying Ty's mom doesn't want him on TV so we didn't get to see him. She's the winner in all of this laugh out loud.

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 4 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:09 am

umngirl wrote:

Sean looked like a jackass. Catherine looked like unhappy and trapped. The Mesnicks were great. The end.

Haha, that's a pretty succinct summary!

Anyways, I'm sure that there was a lot of editing and "acting" that occurred, but I've always felt that Sean/Catherine don't have this picture-perfect marriage that they portray. After reading his book, I did feel like Catherine was the one who made most of the sacrifices and changes in her life to marry a hot ex-football player. Just from what I've heard about the way Sean's father/mother's relationship is (from on online friend who is good family friends with them), I guessed that Sean/Cat had followed in their path and had a  "my husband is my leader" type of relationship, which I personally could never deal with. I think that it's probably a tough relationship for most modern people to understand these days, especially with Catherine seeming to be so independent and free-spirited, but if it works for them, great!

ETA: Thanks bleuberry for the detailed summary! I sometimes make knocks on Molly/Jason, but I do think that they have a great relationship and have handled fame/opportunities the best (along with Des/Chris). Molly said that their relationship was pretty accurately portrayed on TV, so I'm glad!

Last edited by chasingpavements on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyNor Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:10 am

Litta123 wrote:Well this show did the Lowes no favors, imo. Clearly there was a lot of tongue and cheek going on, but nonetheless, I was disappointed that Sean and Catherine allowed the producers to exaggerate the Christian male stereotype. Reality producers can do much with whatever the cast gives them....and Sean and Catherine gave it to them on a silver platter. 

And what was "Wratherine" all about? For me, she was too emotional about it for her to be going for a joke.

I hate to see how they are going to be portrayed on MBC. Not good...no no

For the record, I like SeanCat, but I think this was a big mistake for them.

ETA: I see "Wratherine" has been explained above. Oh well...
I agree I'm a huge fan but this was a mistake for them to do it. Sean and Catherine were one of the most loved couples in this show, they had great love story and got married. For them doing these reality shows is tainting what people liked about them in the first place, Catherine and Sean are now defensive on social media because they were shown in bad light hopefully they learn from this and don't do reality shows again. People just don't like fame hos.
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by Momon001 Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:24 am

Which online friends These people choose their friends they are not gossipers. Their friends are dedicated people.

Momon001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:30 am

Momon001 wrote:Which online friends These people choose their friends they are not gossipers. Their friends are dedicated people.

This specific person was not a gossiper - she's just someone who is very close to their family who I knew pretty well from a forum about non-Bachelor stuff, who had a private conversation with me about the Lowes. She was very complimentary towards the whole family, especially Sean and Catherine; she explained that that Jay is incredibly kind, but he is the "leader" of the house. I won't say more because it was a private conversation, but it certainly wasn't scandalous gossip.

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:39 am

umngirl wrote:It would be nice if they let the Lowes portray what their lives are really like and not make stuff up. *Sign*

StacyNor wrote:I'm sorry but these reality shows they kept doing was bound to bite their asses. I'm a fan but I can be also critical too.

umngirl wrote:I bet there is plenty of other footage for them to use but CWS clearly decided to paint them in a certain light and it's not accurate but what can you do.

StacyNor wrote:
umngirl wrote:I bet there is plenty of other footage for them to use but CWS clearly decided to paint them in a certain light and it's not accurate but what can you do.
I dont know ..... maybe not allowing them to put you in that position by not doing the show

I think the majority of people realized that Sean was joking and to a lesser degree Cat. I do think she would be happy to be a stay at home mom, and good for her if they can afford it.

But, if you don't want to look stupid on reality tv you have options. Don't do the show. Don't tape segments that make you look stupid. Yes, there was plenty of other footage, but after enough reality shows, did Sean not realize they were going to use the ridiculous? I am not trying to be mean, I simply thought that Sean was wiser than that.

I appreciated when Sean and Cat went back to normal life in Dallas, this three shows in three months thing, a little bit much. BTW, had they watched CWS? I don't but after one episode of wife swap I realized it was a train wreck and was not interested. I ended up watching tonight as I was stuck in the hotel and didn't have my DVR to watch something else.

And Sean, Cat made Jason get his chest waxed on tv, so I think she got her revenge. Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 4 3806527698
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:59 am

stuckinsc wrote:
umngirl wrote:It would be nice if they let the Lowes portray what their lives are really like and not make stuff up. *Sign*

StacyNor wrote:I'm sorry but these reality shows they kept doing was bound to bite their asses. I'm a fan but I can be also critical too.

StacyNor wrote:
I dont know ..... maybe not allowing them to put you in that position by not doing the show

I think the majority of people realized that Sean was joking and to a lesser degree Cat. I do think she would be happy to be a stay at home mom, and good for her if they can afford it.

But, if you don't want to look stupid on reality tv you have options.  Don't do the show.  Don't tape segments that make you look stupid.  Yes, there was plenty of other footage, but after enough reality shows, did Sean not realize they were going to use the ridiculous?  I am not trying to be mean, I simply thought that Sean was wiser than that.

I appreciated when Sean and Cat went back to normal life in Dallas, this three shows in three months thing, a little bit much.  BTW, had they watched CWS?  I don't but after one episode of wife swap I realized it was a train wreck and was not interested.  I ended up watching tonight as I was stuck in the hotel and didn't have my DVR to watch something else.

And Sean, Cat made Jason get his chest waxed on tv, so I think she got her revenge. Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 4 3806527698

In all honesty Sean probably figured that ABC shows had portrayed him accurately so why would it be different this time? Sure that would be naive on his part but I could very easily see him thinking that way.

I will be interested to see what Molly says about it tomorrow on her radio show and when Cat is on there tomorrow. Molly has already defended him on social media so I'm guessing it was nowhere near as bad as they made it seem.

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 4 87b72b10 Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 4 86669110 Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 4 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:11 am

Again, I don't think it was bad. I could tell Sean was joking. I just think if they had bothered to watch any episodes of the show or the parent show, it is obvious that they are going for the ridiculous. Perhaps, the Lowes would do well to research this opportunities next time.

I just don't think it was that bad. Sure some may think that is the true Sean, but those people are fairly clueless. IMO.

JMO, Sean would do better to just let this drop. I just hope that they used a bit more savy when taping MBC or that could be a real trainwreck.

On a snarky front Cat told JPG to not bite the hand that feed him, perhaps ABC viewed the book as a bit of biting so taught him a lesson? If so, he got off pretty easy.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by instinct Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:49 am

umngirl wrote:^Oh for sure. Although their storylines weren't nearly as extreme.

I was hoping the episode would have given people a look at their real lives but sadly it was 20% true and 80% untrue. Oh well. I bet they are glad it's aired and just continue to live their real lives and not fake tv ones.

Which parts were 80% untrue and why wouldn't that have also been the case with Jason & Molly, who said that their lives were pretty accurately portrayed? I get the joking around about the list and the car, but IMO Sean came off humorless and rather entitled. That can't be blamed on 'editing'.
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+28
mindless
marloon
FLChica
vivi2
blessed66