SELECT CONTENT

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by vivi2 Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:47 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
umngirl wrote:Cat and Jason were on the radio with Molly this morning. They basically confirmed there were entire conversations spliced together and these were so out of order.  The round table scene, the flag football/dinner thing were the two examples they gave.

After their superior attitude toward JPG, I find Cat whining about editing hilarious. For reality TV gets, she and Sean are clueless.

Reality TV can use whatever they want. Maybe Cat should stop whining about the hand that feed her?

The evil mean person in me is enjoying watching Sean and Cat get some of their own medicine and being upset over something that wasn't that bad.

Their over reaction is making this so much worse than it has to be.

It's funny b/c during Sean's Q&A on Twitter a couple of days ago, someone asked if he felt bad for Nick and the edit he got and subsequent criticism and Sean said "he's a big boy. He knew what he was signing up for" I think the same could be said for Sean and CWS. I think he just cocky b/c he got such a great edit on the Bachelor that he didn't think they would possibly give him a bad edit.

Chasing, he was asked about Nick being F2 again, not a great or bad edit, and he made the choice to come on the show the 2nd time, he's capable of handling the rejection again. If I were Nick I wouldn't want anyone to feel sorry for me either. (because I'm a big girl)

3 months of filming for TB vs 1 week for WS, of course the edit will be totally different.

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by vivi2 Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:58 pm

instinct wrote:
realityfan26 wrote:
blessed66 wrote:The Lowes did not sign up for this.  If you listen to the interview that Catherine, Molly and Jason you will notice the producers did cut and paste their words.
http://www.kissfmseattle.com/onair/bender-molly-43930/catherine-lowe-jason-molly-mesnick-share-13810846/

But they did sign up for the show; unless it was filmed unknowingly. As far as being heavily edited, they could have watched even 1 previous show and seen how ridiculous it is. I'm betting the contract they signed basically gave away their rights. Did they read it carefully?
I understand the show is heavily edited, my question is why didn't the Lowes think it would be?

Molly also said (in a nce way) that Sean went along with whatever the producers suggested he do.  I think the man needs to learn how to say "no".

Sean always says when he was on TB, they never made him do or say anything. The WS is different due to the constraint of time. I'm sure Molly had to do that too but maybe her producer friend can give her a better edit?

If I don't judge people during TB, I certainly don't judge WS, because I already "know" who SeanCat are. It's for entertainment, no more, no less.

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:03 pm

blessed66 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
blessed66 wrote:The Lowes did not sign up for this.  If you listen to the interview that Catherine, Molly and Jason you will notice the producers did cut and paste their words.
http://www.kissfmseattle.com/onair/bender-molly-43930/catherine-lowe-jason-molly-mesnick-share-13810846/

Which is part of this show. That is the point. That is how wife swap is, no reason to expect CWS to be different.

If Cat and Sean were too naive to watch the show before or talk to those who did it about the splice and dicing, then again their own fault. They both expect to be treated perfectly and when others complained about editors using things out of context, yes JPG, they told him that was his own fault. So sorry, they are no better than anyone else. Karma gets us all. Sadly, this isn't that bad, I bet they are going to be really pissed at MBC, when Cat's talking about Sean's inadequacy in the bedroom is used. I was waiting to see, but with their over reaction to this the editors of that show would be foolish to not include and slice and dice everything they can for all the extra free publicity a whining SeanCat will give them.

Sean and Catherine did not say much about the stupid show so in other words they are not whining at all.  On the other hand people who truly knows and loves Sean and Catherine like me are really PO by this and we are the ones complaining about how they could do this to this wonderful couple we know!!

Actually they've been saying quite a bit. Cat said on the radio this morning that Sean was affected by the response from viewers about his portrayal, and that he's not used to that because he's always gotten a good edit. They both took to IG last night - her to defend him, and him to remind people that it's just a TV show. Sean is still responding to people on Twitter today who think everything they saw was real. So clearly this kind of backlash is new to them, it has to sting a little. I think they saw it coming seeing as he only promoted the show minutes before it aired on the East coast, whereas the Mesnicks had been happily plugging it all week. giggling

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 8 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:26 pm

I finally watched it and agree that Sean especially got a bad edit. You could tell the iron socks was a joke that we didn't see him telling Molly about. Ditto portraying Cat as only taking care of the house, the dogs, etc. It's pretty obvious that a lot of the "new rules" were things suggested by the producers and Sean didn't actually trade his car in for a minivan. laugh out loud  It sounded to me like Jason has asked his mom to spend more time with them so that was another one. I guess they have to have something to change.

The part I'm thinking may be fairly accurate is Sean being the head of the household. A lot of Christians choose to do that although I'd certainly have trouble with that even though I was a stay at home mom for quite a while. The kids are grown now and my dh has taken up cooking which I love.

Yes they should have known there could be creative editing that may not be favorable but I don't have a problem with any of them complaining about it. It was sweet of Molly to post the pics and set some things straight. I guess I can identify more with them because of the kids. I really like that Jason is such a hands on dad. It was interesting but I'm not a fan of the show. I wonder if this will give S/C 2nd thoughts about doing that other show. I think it could be a big mistake. :Nod:

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Momon001 Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:55 pm

Great comment albean99.

Momon001

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:56 pm

For those who don't follow him or visit their fan thread. Here's his blog about the show: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/seanlowe/2015/07/5-things-you-wouldnt-know-about-me-if-you-only-watched-wife-swap/

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 8 87b72b10 Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 8 86669110 Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 8 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:02 pm

Thanks for posting that, umngirl! Although I still do think that their marriage probably isn't as picture-perfect as they present, he seems like a good guy who truly loves his wife.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:09 pm

My opinion is, they wanted an easy quick pay day and got it. More power to them. What should it matter to them if a few strangers found Sean to not be Mr. Perfect. You'd think they'd realize that came with the territory for accepting the "opportunity".

Back to top Go down

Post by StacyNor Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:22 pm

The only thing I ask from them is stop doing these reality shows.
StacyNor
StacyNor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:32 pm

Thanks for link umngirl. It doesn't surprise me that it was highly edited; I still can't understand why Sean and Cat thought it wouldn't be??!!
For those of you who are big Sean Cat fans - do you put any of the blame on their shoulders or is it your opinion that the editing was totally to blame?

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:41 pm

Sure they take some blame. But I don't know how they would have known that could have known things would be that extreme. I've seen episodes of this show and some are way more accurate than this one was.

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 8 87b72b10 Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 8 86669110 Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 8 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:11 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
After their superior attitude toward JPG, I find Cat whining about editing hilarious. For reality TV gets, she and Sean are clueless.

Reality TV can use whatever they want. Maybe Cat should stop whining about the hand that feed her?

The evil mean person in me is enjoying watching Sean and Cat get some of their own medicine and being upset over something that wasn't that bad.

Their over reaction is making this so much worse than it has to be.

It's funny b/c during Sean's Q&A on Twitter a couple of days ago, someone asked if he felt bad for Nick and the edit he got and subsequent criticism and Sean said "he's a big boy. He knew what he was signing up for" I think the same could be said for Sean and CWS. I think he just cocky b/c he got such a great edit on the Bachelor that he didn't think they would possibly give him a bad edit.
I wanted a little mindless entertainment and was willing to let my brain turn to mush by watching the CWS show helpfully posted upthread. Thanks, bleuberry!yes I then took a moment to read Sean's attempt to garner more sympathy and redeem his pristine image on his blog. I now completely agree with the bolded statements.

If we are to believe what Sean has disclosed about his resume', he is a college graduate with many years of experience in the oil & gas industry, worked for some time in the insurance field, worked soliciting investors for his business dreams, is/was a business executive with expertise in the real estate industry and is now a luxury homebuilder. But with all this experience - and three forays into reality tv shows - he didn't understand that he was subject to editing to make the show interesting to viewers? Yeah, ok. 

I certainly recall sanctimonious Wratherine berating JPG for "biting the hand that feeds you". Dang, girl! You're gnawing that hand to the bone. 

Sean's list of "5 things you don't know about me" included making his own boring meals, working from home in basketball shorts and being a neat freak. So? The interesting thing was stating that Wratherine is his retirement plan because of her fashion & design ability.Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 8 2498057887 

It may be a wonderful thing for the Lowes to receive counseling on their reality show trifecta appearance on MBC. Perhaps they could delve into understanding the pitfalls of having delusions of grandeur. IMHO, of course.
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Celebrity Wife Swap - Season 4 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+28
mindless
marloon
FLChica
vivi2
blessed66