SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - #10 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 22 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - #10 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 22 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - #10 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by MiaHawk Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:01 am

Kashathediva wrote:Twisted tea regardless of flavor style is still an alcoholic beverage. It contains 5% alcohol. A can/bottle of beer is 5% alcohol, too, in comparison.

To clarify, my nephew didn't die from drunk driving. He died from drinking. He drank himself to death, he drank too much, too fast at a summer party. Alcohol toxicity.  Kids don't think it will happen to them. It happens.
Thanks for the hugs and more hugs. PINKHEART

((((Hugs for you)))). Thank you for sharing and bringing up such an important fact. Alcohol can harm or kill you even when you're not getting behind the wheel. Many people drink more precisely because they are not going to be driving. Alcohol toxicity is a real thing, and college aged kids are especially at risk because they drink in dorms so know they won't be driving.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - #10 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 22 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - #10 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by rosesrREd Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:07 am

MiaHawk wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:Twisted tea regardless of flavor style is still an alcoholic beverage. It contains 5% alcohol. A can/bottle of beer is 5% alcohol, too, in comparison.

To clarify, my nephew didn't die from drunk driving. He died from drinking. He drank himself to death, he drank too much, too fast at a summer party. Alcohol toxicity.  Kids don't think it will happen to them. It happens.
Thanks for the hugs and more hugs. PINKHEART

((((Hugs for you)))). Thank you for sharing and bringing up such an important fact. Alcohol can harm or kill you even when you're not getting behind the wheel. Many people drink more precisely because they are not going to be driving. Alcohol toxicity is a real thing, and college aged kids are especially at risk because they drink in dorms so know they won't be driving.

I had an aunt that died the same way. She had a lifetime of abuse. It's sad and K&S photos seem to always show them with alcohol, they aren't acting like adults, and aren't being role models for anyone.
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:01 am

Charles Barkley once said that he was not a role model and was just being paid to wreck havoc on the basketball court. I certainly don't think K and S are trying to be role models, rather just living their lives. In fact, I would never look to any of these reality show people as role models nor would I want my kids to.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:43 am

isittrue wrote:Charles Barkley once said that he was not a role model and was just being paid to wreck havoc on the basketball court.  I certainly don't think K and S are trying to be role models, rather just living their lives.  In fact, I would never look to any of these reality show people as role models nor would I want my kids to.

I agree to that to a certain extent. I really don't care if Kaitlyn wants to make fun of people, or gay people, and tell jokes about it, I do however have a problem with it when she's on national television making gay jokes towards Clint and JJ.

I don't care who Kailtyn has sex with, how many, whatever, but don't be upset when you're called out for it. No, I don't think calling her names or death threats are ever okay, but don't be upset when people aren't happy with you and your decision to take sex so flippantly. (and in the living room)

It doesn't really matter to me if Kaitlyn wants to drink and party, go ahead party away, but I do think it's inappropriate to be posting so many videos and pictures of herself drunk, slurring words, making roofie/r*pe jokes in such a public forum.

A lot of people watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette, she was hired for that role. Granted its her life, she can do what she wants privately, but publicly, I think there's a fine line of what's appropriate and inappropriate behavior for that lead role.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:14 am

Max64 wrote:
isittrue wrote:Charles Barkley once said that he was not a role model and was just being paid to wreck havoc on the basketball court.  I certainly don't think K and S are trying to be role models, rather just living their lives.  In fact, I would never look to any of these reality show people as role models nor would I want my kids to.

I agree to that to a certain extent.  I really don't care if Kaitlyn wants to make fun of people, or gay people, and tell jokes about it, I do however have a problem with it when she's on national television making gay jokes towards Clint and JJ.

I don't care who  Kailtyn has sex with, how many, whatever, but don't be upset when you're called out for it.  No, I don't think calling her names or death threats are ever okay, but don't be upset when people aren't happy with you and your decision to take sex so flippantly. (and in the living room)

It doesn't really matter to me if Kaitlyn wants to drink and party, go ahead party away, but I do think it's inappropriate to be posting so many videos and pictures of herself drunk, slurring words, making roofie/r*pe jokes in such a public forum.  

A lot of people watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette, she was hired for that role.  Granted its her life,  she can do what she wants privately, but publicly, I think there's a fine line of what's appropriate and inappropriate behavior for that lead role.  

Why is K the only one being singled out for the Clint and JJ jokes? The whole production did, CH did, some of the other guys did, and yet K is the only evil one? I guess we have to blame her for world problems. IMHO she isnt perfect but neither is she as immoral and an alcoholic as is being purported. We see only a tiny bit of their lives so I am unable to conclude that K and S are drunk 24/7 or bigots 24/7. JMO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:35 am

see2love wrote:
Max64 wrote:

I agree to that to a certain extent.  I really don't care if Kaitlyn wants to make fun of people, or gay people, and tell jokes about it, I do however have a problem with it when she's on national television making gay jokes towards Clint and JJ.

I don't care who  Kailtyn has sex with, how many, whatever, but don't be upset when you're called out for it.  No, I don't think calling her names or death threats are ever okay, but don't be upset when people aren't happy with you and your decision to take sex so flippantly. (and in the living room)

A lot of people watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette, she was hired for that role.  Granted its her life,  she can do what she wants privately, but publicly, I think there's a fine line of what's appropriate and inappropriate behavior for that lead role.  

Why is K the only one being singled out for the Clint and JJ jokes? The whole production did, CH did, some of the other guys did, and yet K is the only evil one? I guess we have to blame her for world problems. IMHO she isnt perfect but neither is she as immoral and an alcoholic as is being purported. We see only a tiny bit of their lives so I am unable to conclude that K and S are drunk 24/7 or bigots 24/7. JMO

My opinion was in regard to Kaitlyn and her behavior as the Bachelortte. Trust me, I think abc and the producers are sleazebags for what they did to Clint and JJ. Because of Kaitlyn's actions, most of which were post show, my opinion of her has changed, I don't care for her anymore, I am very disappointed in her as the lead,The Bachelorette.

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:53 pm

I am very disappointed by CH, TPTB, the crew, and former cast who used someone's sexuality as a punchline. There have been tweets in the past that were uncalled for regarding a different castmate. This season took that inappropriateness to a whole new level when they incorporated the Brokeback theme into their advertising strategy and editing of the show. It was wrong and hurtful, not only to the men targeted by such false statements, but to all of the gay community who fought and continue fighting so hard to be treated as equals. To have your demographic used as a punchline is wrong.

So, yes, I think K was just as wrong, especially since she KNOWS from MTA that C and JJ are not enjoying the comparision. She comes out on stage as the victim of bullying and then does likewise to C and JJ. No, she didn't use a foul word or threaten them, but her coy little jokes ( on MTA and beyond) show that she will use anyone for a laugh and doesn't really care about the consequences for them.

MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:25 pm

MiaHawk wrote:I am very disappointed by CH, TPTB, the crew, and former cast who used someone's sexuality as a punchline. There have been tweets in the past that were uncalled for regarding a different castmate. This season took that inappropriateness to a whole new level when they incorporated the Brokeback theme into their advertising strategy and editing of the show. It was wrong and hurtful, not only to the men targeted by such false statements, but to all of the gay community who fought and continue fighting so hard to be treated as equals. To have your demographic used as a punchline is wrong.

So, yes, I think K was just as wrong, especially since she KNOWS from MTA that C and JJ are not enjoying the comparision. She comes out on stage as the victim of bullying and then does likewise to C and JJ. No, she didn't use a foul word or threaten them, but her coy little jokes ( on MTA and beyond) show that she will use anyone for a laugh and doesn't really care about the consequences for them.

TPTB are disgusting, but Kaitlyn is the one who continues to make the joke and as you said, you complain about being bullied and turn around and bully others.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:58 pm

Please do not tell members what to post. There are mods and rules that this forum operates by. If there are issues, we can handle it.

TY

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:58 pm

Voicing issues from 3-4 yrs ago on the forum now? The mods at that time are no longer mods now.
I haven't seen anything in a while nor have seen any reported posts along those lines. question

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:10 am

I don't know what happened yesterday... but regarding the negativity that some voice against ... I would like to give my 2cents.

I believe Kaitlyn as a Bette had/has a great potential of reaching people, give the voice to those who don't have the same platform, be the advocate for things that matter to her ... whether she remains in entertainment business of not. Because being the lead on a show is not just 2-3 month job ... it's an opportunity to make a life-changing decisions and an encouraging push for the new beginnings.

From answering as simple questions (or not) where they're going to live, with whom, what they'd like to pursue ... and since during the whole season (of the contract and after too) the lead has an access to people (and places) she/he usually wouldn't have ... it's a great time to do some networking for business adventures, unless all of that is not their intention and would like nothing else but to return to their "old" life.

I don't see Kaitlyn wanting that ... going back being the same "unknown" girl as she was before TB19/11 ... so I believe her time now matters ... it's important not to be wasted and used for things that can't be done later, when the coal won't be so hot to grab attention.

IMO, the time of the season (since January till her final day as the ambassador of TB franchise 2015) ... is here to be turn to her advantage ... and if she made the mistakes along the way (during filming), then the best way is to own those mistakes, show some regret (no one is asking for the remorse) and move forward by talk the talk and walk the walk ...
and her actions from now on are defining Kaitlyn whether she will be a role model or not.
And maybe she doesn't want to be one ... but I sincerely doubt it ... since she is still very present in the public eye with no intention to disappear ... and thus it means she wants to matter to some.

And if people here are being critical of her behavior, of her choices and actions (similar with Andi) ... it's because they are seeing a girl/woman who isn't taking the role she has been given by its full potential ... therefore not making the best out of once-in-a-lifetime opportunity ... and if people are critical of that is because they care.

And when we care about someone, we likely give them some advice, tell them in face when they should be acting smarter and wiser and showing some more will, determination and accountability to make their own dreams come true ... and once they will demonstrate that ... people will be supportive and encouraging again for those plans to come to fruition.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:48 am

Isitture, thanks for opening this debate ... I found one quote from:
Charles Barkley wrote:I think the media demands that athletes be role models because there's some jealousy involved. It's as if they say, this is a young black kid playing a game for a living and making all this money, so we're going to make it tough on him. And what they're really doing is telling kids to look up to someone they can't become, because not many people can be like we are. Kids can't be like Michael Jordan.
The argument that goes against CB thesis that people in jail, people on the streets playing basketball aren't considered a role-model (as an athlete) is because they don't get to live their dreams by getting paid by the sponsors and fans ... once your salary is determined by how popular you are ... you have an obligation to deliver the performance and behave accordingly as it happens with athletes, musicians and actors and other type of professions ... where the paycheck and longevity of their activity/career is defined by the number of fans, the demand on the market (again "fans"/seeking the product) and their image as a role-model.

Or he can go to live on a mountain with a dog, play basketball by himself and nobody will give a dam* how he lives/acts and nobody will bug him to behave as a role-model, because nobody will care. But then the mountain-man will have to find another way to make a living and survive.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 43 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 43  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 11 - Kaitlyn Bristowe - Shawn Booth - #10 - Media - Tweets - IG - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+69
rhondam
maniluh
terabithia
gurlbrit
LenaActually
Relalou
california90
lleyki
timfan
nikikass
Lillie525