SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Page 56 of 80 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 68 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

dope -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 56 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by happygolucky Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:43 am

about SM - modeling:

since I've read some comments few pages back ... about the different approach/reaction to the photos Nick posts and photos other Bach-nation posts ... it has been said a lot about double standard, so I don't need to repeat ... but also there is a difference that needs to be considered: Nick is now contractually "a model" ... it's his job (among other things) ... he has to meet the obligations to his employers, his agency, he has to share and post ... promote, not just himself, but also people he "works with" or "for".

There's a difference between Nick "the private person he was and is" and Nick "the model" ... and his IG is now a combination of both, but predominantly "the model" side - hence the verification. And in all this time that I'm following him he never expressed or showed the dislike for this world, so I don't see the hypocrisy in what he does or says.

For those who would prefer to see Nick never entering the modeling business ... Can I ask you, what changes? Does it bother you in any way that he does that job? ... And why?

Would it make a difference in his character if he stayed a "simple" Salesforce employee that doesn't socialize with the Bach-nation and stops being a public person? Would that show a different personality of him?

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

dope -  Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7 - Page 56 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:16 am

sdmom wrote:Here's one just posted today:
davidbenolielphotography#preview from a new #series we just shot with @nickviall @wilhelminamodels styled by @jennad0526 grooming by @oliviacolacci @artistsatwilhelmina @dsquared2 @maisonvalentino #fashion #editorial #comingsoon #phaseone

Here's another one:
http://iconosquare.com/viewer.php#/detail/1055093937881488926_184536542
The last look is always the best look.... @nickviall @davidbenolielphotography @oliviacolacci @amandam125 @wilhelminamodelsmia #burberry #hugoboss #tods #gents #snapback #menswear #relaxed #fall2015 #dope #nordstroms #favlook #photoshoot #bts - See more at: http://iconosquare.com/viewer.php#/detail/1055093937881488926_184536542

Does this mean he's getting paid?

Looks like an editorial for a (probably a local) magazine. If the editorial is about Nick , the D-List celeb, then he didnt get paid. If the magazine used a a male model who just happened to be Nick, then he got paid.

Looking at three of the pix in that editorial, I would say that the article is probably about Nick, rather than the fashion.

All the designers tagged in the IG have to be since all those clothes are on loan for free.

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:31 am

I think those pics look like typical magazine fashion editorial shots. Did someone say he started following Esquire mag around the same time? Because they have plenty of such editorials. Obviously could be for some other men's mag as well. I do think he got paid, because I don't see a reason for him to take endless portfolio pics. His portfolio has been updated so many times already and there's no sign of any pics from that particular shoot, which makes me think they're going in a magazine first.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:45 am

Another reason I dont think it's about the fashion is bc looking at the photog's and stylist's websites, they dont USUALLY do men fashion mags.I'm seeing lots of ad campaigns and lots of little known lifestyle mags.

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:56 am

Love Nick's live love life blog!! So good to read his thoughts which mirror a lot of the views on life we've picked up here and there through his time on the shows
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:57 am

ITA, Emusha. His website posts are insightful but to the point and use humor as well. He definitely has a gift for writing.
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:58 am

As long as he's paid does it really matter where the pics are posted and for what use? He's not a big name in fashion, so it can't be expected to see his spread in high-end fashion magazines. And most of the times the male models are used for advertisement of products, so I'll be pleasantly surprised if it turns out he's in a fashion section of any print. JMO

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:03 am

Anything he(or any past cast) gets paid for modeling, is more than I am get paid for modeling. giggling
I have to give kudos for that. It is not easy breaking into that field.
I am constantly amazed at real celebs that continue to be in or do voice overs for commercials. Winning an Oscar or Emmy doesn't seem to deter them.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:04 am

happygolucky wrote:As long as he's paid does it really matter where the pics are posted and for what use? He's not a big name in fashion, so it can't be expected to see his spread in high-end fashion magazines. And most of the times the male models are used for advertisement of products, so I'll be pleasantly surprised if it turns out he's in a fashion section of any print. JMO

Well, as long as he is paid? I thought that was the Q.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:09 am

Can I just say that I love Shane Powers? For those who dont know who he is, he was on Survivor and is now a radio and podcaster. I loved that he called Nick a douchebag. cantstopl cantstopl cantstopl

Shane Powers ‏@Theshanepowers 5h5 hours ago
Man was this fun. me seein @viallnicholas28 douching it up at the club. #bachelornation?

https://twitter.com/Theshanepowers/status/637171526073061376

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:11 am

Oh and he's certainly not paying for those shots himself, even if they're just for his portfolio. He's already signed to a major modelling agency. They arrange portfolio shoots and pay for them, if they see potential.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by happygolucky Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:14 am

Seton - I understand - and I think that was answered before by some, that he might be paid since his portfolio isn't getting much bigger and the pics aren't posted yet - but it might happen over the weekend and then I take it back, if what people say is true, that Nick has to pay for his own photo-session. It's JMO, that if he did the photoshoot then the expectation where those photos might appear may be lower ... since he's not a big name. Even if he follows some high-profile magazine ... maybe just to get the idea how to pose.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 80 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 68 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 11 - *Spoilers - Sleuthing* - Discussion #7

+59
GuardianAngel
jen689
Bet2Win
FLChica
Mustang19