SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor New Zealand - Jordan Mauger - Season 2 - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 23 of 79 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 51 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hawaii - Bachelor New Zealand - Jordan Mauger - Season 2 - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 23 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Jordan Mauger - Season 2 - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by mercieme Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:15 pm

Alex Casey's power ranking post episode 8 for the Spin off. Pretty hilarious...poor Jordan I really hope he found the one for him from this experience.

http://thespinoff.co.nz/30-03-2016/the-bachelor-nz-power-rankings-week-four-how-far-can-you-spit-giraffe-poo/

mercieme

Back to top Go down

hawaii - Bachelor New Zealand - Jordan Mauger - Season 2 - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 23 Empty Re: Bachelor New Zealand - Jordan Mauger - Season 2 - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Katiebelle Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:29 pm

They have created a pick your favourite Bachelorette pool on the TV3 website. Fleur so far is No 1, followed by Shari and then Rebecca. I am quite surprised by Rebecca's 3rd place. She's hardly been seen over the last few episodes and she's not at all prominent on the shows' SM.

I actually voted for her because, well... I like her and I always root for the underdog.

Who would you all vote for?

http://www.tv3.co.nz/Vote-for-your-favourite-bachelorettes/tabid/5124/articleID/123972/Default.aspx

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:37 pm

@katiebelle....I have no favorite giggling I have learnt from watching these series to just go with the flow as long as the top girls are lovely which they all seem to be in this case....whoever Jordan picks from the folks we have speculated as F6 is fine by me  Smiley

I am waiting for Jordan to make up his mind though.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:46 pm

mercieme wrote:@katiebelle....I have no favorite giggling I have learnt from watching these series to just go with the flow as long as the top girls are lovely which they all seem to be in this case....whoever Jordan picks from the folks we have speculated as F6 is fine by me  Smiley

I am waiting for Jordan to make up his mind though.

I'm a bit the same - although I do prefer Rebecca, Storm, Fleur and Sarah over the others though.

And I really had to give my vote to Rebecca because any girl that can carry on a date with a smile after vomiting in their mouth is a pretty cool chick!

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked!
Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:03 pm

robinvi wrote:

I think they are bitter because they are used to winning, being the stand out. Lara so far is the most vocal and I can tell she is not used to losing out on the attention. I believe she didn't have a connection but she wasn't the stand out and that bugs her. They got no screen time, no one can remember there names and ultimately not going to advance their instagram carears like Arts girls. These girls seem more up tight then Arts girls. Arts girls went with the flow and seem less stuck up even Crystal. What bugs me this season is the same as Jordan worries, they just aren't really fighting for him or his time. The whole spin offs podcast crew don't find him attractive. This is the problem, he is someone's type but not everyone's type. Art was for the most part everyone's type.

all in my opinion

agreed :Nod:

The early departures are always bitter. They get to be kicked out on national TV early on and get no glamor dates. They probably left behind their job and all of a sudden reality check. Paradise was not for them. They did not even have time to solidified some true friendship with some girls.

So we can blame that NZ are very reserved people, that they are not demonstrative people, that they are very easy going down to earth people and so on... at the end of the day, viewers watch the show for the glamor, the cat fights, the villains and the multiple love story of 2 (or 3 girls) falling madly in love with the bachelor in places that most of the viewers will never be able to afford.

Season 2 is just a flop.

Viewers do not want to watch what they can see around their real life. Heck! I visited Kenya, Ivory Coast, Morocco, Greece and many other countries. I was lucky enough to stay in gorgeous hotels. (The only thing I did not have at that time was prince charming giggling ) What I am trying to say is that everyone can afford to go on very nice vacation places now. I do not need to go to Hawaii to kayaking or eat an ice cream on the beach or do racing or have an helicopter ride... It is sad that they could not find better.

The sad part is that because of the bad rating, I fear that season 3 is very compromised sad

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:28 pm

HEA wrote:...Season 2 is just a flop.
I don't see this season as a flop. Maybe it's because I've followed the US Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise and my expectations aren't very high. I don't compare seasons I just try to figure out who is going to be F1. I like Jordan and the women. I think they're interesting to watch. Once Bachelor NZ is over I'm moving on to US Bachelorette 12  JMO

jen689

Female Posts : 3057

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:49 pm

Katiebelle wrote:They have created a pick your favourite Bachelorette pool on the TV3 website...Who would you all vote for?
My vote is for Rebecca. Viewers have seen a genuine connection between Rebecca/Jordan even with her limited screen time as of episode 8. I think that's why she has a lot of votes JMO

Cute photo....

hawaii - Bachelor New Zealand - Jordan Mauger - Season 2 - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 23 12677310

@jordypordypuddingpie (Instagram) Gotta love these ratbags X #thebachelornz #hawaii #bacheloretteparty

jen689

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:46 pm

jen689 wrote:
HEA wrote:...Season 2 is just a flop.
I don't see this season as a flop. Maybe it's because I've followed the US Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise and my expectations aren't very high. I don't compare seasons I just try to figure out who is going to be F1. I like Jordan and the women. I think they're interesting to watch. Once Bachelor NZ is over I'm moving on to US Bachelorette 12  JMO

IA - I'm enjoying this season and none of my friends have stopped watching it yet so it can't be all bad. And now that they have toned down the hit list and drama, and there are less girls, I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the girls better and watch their journey with Jordan.

I did love Art, but to be honest, there probably aren't that many "Arts" out there - and perfection is over rated anyway. If I was choosing for myself I would actually choose Jordan - he's just more my style - and those that have sleuthed with me for the past year know - I love a good pun! hawaii - Bachelor New Zealand - Jordan Mauger - Season 2 - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 23 3806527698

Last edited by Katiebelle on Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:54 pm

This is a hilarious video of the girls' reenacting the rose ceremony. I know some of you can't see it on the TV3 website so are any techies out there that can give me some pointers on how to embed the video directly in a post so you all can see?

http://www.tv3.co.nz/THE-BACHELOR-NZ-The-Bachelorettes-Rose-Reenactment/tabid/5061/articleID/125486/MCat/4352/Default.aspx

Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by jen689 Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:08 am

mercieme wrote:Alex Casey's power ranking post episode 8 for the Spin off. Pretty hilarious...
My favorite....

hawaii - Bachelor New Zealand - Jordan Mauger - Season 2 - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 23 Screen10

Beyond reading the date card, has Rebecca said a SINGLE word this week? It’s challenging, it’s mime, and it’s so crazy it just might work.

hawaii - Bachelor New Zealand - Jordan Mauger - Season 2 - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 23 Ad10

Rebecca posted this one on Instagram @rebeccatrelease When the life of the party goes home #truestory @thespinofftv #thebachelornz

http://thespinoff.co.nz/30-03-2016/the-bachelor-nz-power-rankings-week-four-how-far-can-you-spit-giraffe-poo/

jen689

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:18 am

Alysha from Art's season is blogging Jordan's season....she is pretty much validating what most of us think about the show IMO....I tried to bold a few key things but she pretty much hit the nail on the head about this show...JMO.

Ex-Bachelorette Alysha asks: Are the characters on the show real?

OPINION: It has to be said: We went to Tauranga, this year's ladies went to Hawaii. Did we have a budgeting issue? I joke, although we were a bit short-changed in the travel department.

But this week I want to talk about the idea that characters on the Bachelor are somehow fabricated.

That would be in the top three questions I am always asked about the show - was (insert Bachelorette's name here) really like that, or was it clever editing?

So here's the answer. To a certain extent, characters are formed by their initial actions and opinions.

You'll always have the token 'house b--h', the wholesome good girl, the one who lacks a little intelligence and substance that we all cringe at, the overly competitive one, and the girl who will be a bit more forward with the kissing.

Bottom line, if you're not particularly clued up then, that's just who you are - what comes out of your mouth is at your discretion.

During interviews, snippets from another bachelorette's one-on-one interviews can be repeated to gain a reaction or for enlightenment. How you choose to respond to this or indulge in the drama is your prerogative. When it comes to editing, if you are being pushed as that personality then yes, certain lines or looks you give will be picked up on and inserted at a pivotal moment or focused on more heavily. This is often exaggerated by particular post production noises or music.

We love to place people in boxes and give them a label and that is exactly what happens on a show like this. You become memorable by the 'girl' you are perceived and portrayed as. As much as we like to have the one girl we despise, pack mentality brings us together for the mutual distaste we have for that one person.

Teams are formed as we pick our favourite girls, and the audience falls in love with their chosen couple. Your image is crafted around what you give physically and verbally; there is only so much camera work that can be done to veer from your natural character. So all in all, what you see on the screen is an accurate reflection of who that girl really is. True character is certainly revealed when you are put in a competitive environment under stress: to what extent will you go to for love?

The mood has certainly changed in week four. It has become sombre as the girls realise Jordan's connections with some are a lot stronger and the time to make these is dwindling.  The girls are starting to be separated from the women, and he is clearly looking for that wife material, not a girlfriend. Good looks will only get you so far at this stage, as they will in general life. A few dark horses are sneaking up and making themselves known as contenders for Jordan's heart.

Jordan has made it clear that he has picked up on those who are here for the ride and varying other reasons, while others couldn't care less about the glitz and glam of the situation. What resonated with me this week was when he said: "I don't want a passenger." He wants a strong, confident women. Which from what I have seen rules out a number of girls in the house.

I am predicting that in the upcoming weeks two girls will be sent home in one ceremony. He knows who he wants to keep around but he is at the peril of the show rules where only one can be sent packing at a time. As an audience, it is easy to forget that although this is hard on the bachelorettes, he has to see the heartbreak in their eyes and the pressure of knowing you must choose just one girl, in the hope you have made the right decision and not let 'the one' go.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/78403131/exbachelorette-alysha-are-the-characters-on-the-show-real

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiebelle Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:48 am

Thanks @mercieme

Wow - what an insightful article. IA with it all.

Katiebelle
Katiebelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 79 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 51 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor New Zealand - Jordan Mauger - Season 2 - Social Media - Media - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+21
snowyglow12
djogbenyuie
cocoHoney
KatydidC
thirteen
LynnTa
grace8136
jalena1992
Idlemess
Karina
jen689