SELECT CONTENT

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 37 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 37 Empty Re: MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Ruqibabe Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:23 am

I totally agree. She quit from day 1..

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 37 Empty Re: MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by pafs Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:36 am

ArtemisGreen wrote:It is interesting that so many feel that Ashley didn't forth any emotional effort towards a marriage. David clearly felt she did. He related that there were instances off camera of cuddling, kissing, sharing meals and long talks. Ashley was very adamant that David's feelings were respected. Numerous times she stated that he was very nice to her and she was growing fonder of him. 

Really? He did?  Which interview? Because every single one he has something different to share- Let's see, he said there were great moments off camera they were able to share, they kissed, they were connecting, but that isn't what he's saying today; today, he claims she checked out a long ago, wasn't really into it, etc., etc...  So back to my, "This guy talks out of both sides of his mouth," comment.  Am I the only one seeing the inconsistencies in his statements?  He's really falling for her, they share great private moments, she's never been into it, she's using the text as an excuse because she checked out a long time ago....  Which one is it David?  You can't have it both ways; you can't claim to be falling in love with Ashley, because privately she's wonderful (though that statement was impossible for 99% of viewers to believe), but in the next breath claim she's never been open, shared her feelings, talked about herself, you know nothing of her family, her friends, blah, blah, blah.....  IMO, this guy is telling a story and it's lack of consistency is starting to grate on me.

ArtemisGreen, I haven't agreed with your defense of Ashley's behavior,  but your comment of David playing the martyr, IMO, spot on.

pafs

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:31 am

I think Ashley decided almost immediately that she won't stay with David, but at times when the cameras were gone, she did end up having fun and enjoying herself. David saw those moments and hoped that that's how things would be once the cameras and the stress of filming were gone, so he stayed optimistic. Too bad making it work wasn't Ashley's end goal. She was counting down the days and the fewer they became the happier she got. David probably saw that as a positive sign, but it was the opposite in reality. You may think David is fake, but so is Ashley with her "this is such a hard decision, I really have to think about this" and tears when she said she wants a divorce. Tears that disappeared as soon as she started talking about the messaging incident as the reason.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by pafs Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:30 am

mindless wrote:I think Ashley decided almost immediately that she won't stay with David, but at times when the cameras were gone, she did end up having fun and enjoying herself. David saw those moments and hoped that that's how things would be once the cameras and the stress of filming were gone, so he stayed optimistic.

Yes, he did reference those moments a few times, but he must have forgotten those interviews, because in his interview with the NY Post, posted last night, he states, "What you see is what it was."

pafs

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:42 am

The interviews were conducted long after filming though. Hindsight is 20/20, as they say. Looking back and especially watching the show, I'm sure he could see that the marriage was over at the wedding. That doesn't mean he felt that way during the filming, when all he had to go by were Ashley's words to him and the times they shared off camera as well as on camera. He just seems like an overly optimistic person.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by amyisrunning Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:54 am

Call me a cynic, but I suspect the show deliberately aims for a 2/3 success rate at best. They have to have at least one plausible match per season to maintain an appearance of believability, but they probably also deliberately choose at least one mismatch to generate drama and get viewers taking. I wouldn't be shocked if David's and Sean's issues with the law were not only not overlooked, but considered an advantage in casting them for the mismatch role. It got the show in multiple tabloids both seasons.

Edited to fix a typo

amyisrunning

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruqibabe Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:26 pm

^ I disagree. A production insider said that the network considered canceling the show. They waited till the 6months mark to ensure they had at least a successful couple. I don't think there is a way to predict which couple would want to stay together from the matching process. There are lots of unpredictable factors. I don't think they would choose to gamble.

Ruqibabe

Back to top Go down

Post by LDAF1595 Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:31 pm

amyisrunning wrote:Call me a cynic, but I suspect the show deliberately aims for a 2/3 success rate at best. They have to have at least one plausible match per season to maintain an appearance of believability, but they probably also deliberately choose at least one mismatch to generate drama and get viewers taking. I wouldn't be shocked if David's and Sean's issues with the law were not only not overlooked, but considered an advantage in casting them for the mismatch role. It got the show in multiple tabloids both seasons.

Edited to fix a typo

I actually thought in the back of my mind that they leaked the arrest mugshot to generate ratings. I don't know, I'm just skeptical that they didn't know anything and/or knew but let him go through anyway. Something is fishy, imo.

LDAF1595

Back to top Go down

Post by nacho Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:05 pm

pafs wrote:
mindless wrote:I think Ashley decided almost immediately that she won't stay with David, but at times when the cameras were gone, she did end up having fun and enjoying herself. David saw those moments and hoped that that's how things would be once the cameras and the stress of filming were gone, so he stayed optimistic.

Yes, he did reference those moments a few times, but he must have forgotten those interviews, because in his interview with the NY Post, posted last night, he states, "What you see is what it was."

The next sentence from that article is "We did have some good moments" and he references hiding in the bathtub eating lunch, dancing alone at the reception after everybody left and the ferriss wheel as moments that they laughed together and Ashley would start to open up until she caught herself. He also mention that they kissed only the once.

nacho

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:41 pm

Ruqibabe wrote:^ I disagree. A production insider said that the network considered canceling the show. They waited till the 6months mark to ensure they had at least a successful couple. I don't think there is a way to predict which couple would want to stay together from the matching process. There are lots of unpredictable factors. I don't think they would choose to gamble.

A question please will there be another season?

Back to top Go down

Post by nacho Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:52 pm

reason wrote:
Ruqibabe wrote:^ I disagree. A production insider said that the network considered canceling the show. They waited till the 6months mark to ensure they had at least a successful couple. I don't think there is a way to predict which couple would want to stay together from the matching process. There are lots of unpredictable factors. I don't think they would choose to gamble.

A question please will there be another season?

Yes Miami is season 4 not sure if they are married yet or still finalizing partcipants but my guess would be we get it around September

nacho

Back to top Go down

Post by pafs Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:15 pm

Yes, he did reference those moments a few times, but he must have forgotten those interviews, because in his interview with the NY Post, posted last night, he states, "What you see is what it was."  [/quote]

The next sentence from that article is "We did have some good moments" and he references hiding in the bathtub eating lunch,  dancing alone at the reception after everybody left and the ferriss wheel as moments that they laughed together and Ashley would start to open up until she caught herself. He also mention that they kissed only the once.
[/quote]

Again, yes, he did mention those moments, but the question was, "Were there good times, affectionate times between you two that we didn’t see on camera?"  and his response: "What you see is what it was."

All of this is moot at this point, but if you read between the lines, his meaning is clear- there just weren't that many moments Ashley put any effort in. That said, how can you stand in front of everyone who has watched this train wreck and claim to be falling for her?  Gotta go with ArtemisGreen on this, he's playing the martyr.

pafs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

MAFS - Dave and Ashley - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Discussion

+64
junhanso
michelle1109
cindebugg
snglrose
sun20j2001