SELECT CONTENT

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 12 Empty Re: Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Post by nikikass Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:14 pm

Its actually Insight Vacations Itinerary is Here:

https://www.insightvacations.com/en-ca/tours/country-roads-of-southern-italy-sicily

But we are going in a week early flying into Milan and doing Cinque Terre , Florence and Verona. (we are renting a car for this part) dropping the car off in Rome.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 12 Empty Re: Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Post by Norcalgal Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:09 pm

@nikikass Your Italian trip sounds wonderful but be prepared for the hottest weather! Italy in August is brutal!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:33 pm

we are in the south part in September, So a bit better. But yes i was in Italy in Mid June 2017 and it was 35-38 C every day. It was hot. But i love it hot. Gives me reason to stop at a cafe and have cold drink. and people watch.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:47 pm

@nikikass I went to your link for Insight Vacations and the trip/destinations sound wonderful! Italy is on our bucket list, probably 2024...

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:33 pm

@Doats Insight does some excellent tours. I did a Spain one with them a few years back too and it was fantastic. Exceeded my expectations.

Next Europe vacation will be a river cruise. On Viking (that you all love so much). Or Uniworld. I kinda of love being Semi retired.
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:43 pm

@nikikass sounds fantastic! Mentioning Verona reminds me of watching one of my favourite groups Il Volo in concert at Arena Verona. It was breathtaking.

I'm the same when it comes to heat. I'll never complain and enjoy every minute I can considering our winters. The last time I went it was August, it was hot, but my parents are from the Abruzzi region surrounded by the Majella Mountains. It really cooled down in the evenings and early mornings. Plus everywhere you go there are fountains with fresh mountain water. Unbelievably cold and refreshing.

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 12 Captu892

Verona Arena

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:04 pm

@GuardianAngel

How lucky. I have not been to your Area but I do plan on it. What areas do you like to visit when go?
nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:05 am

So jealous of all your planned cruises or Italy trips!! I just came back from Northern California visiting family nothing that exciting but it was nice to see different scenery and places I hadn't been in awhile

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 12 8367-910 Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 12 I_got_13 Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 12 E5kqdm15 Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 12 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by nikikass Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:40 am

@Linds911 I have only been to Northern California once. And it was just so beautiful. I will take that scenery any day.

I think I am traveling so much now because I am so afraid they will take it away again.

I’m very fortunate that i put a way for a “rainy day” And now apparently its “pouring” giggling

nikikass
nikikass

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:29 pm

@Linds911 I've been to San Fran and surrounding areas. It's a great area.

@nikikass Pour away and tell us all about it! Smiley

Just to clarify, I did not go to Verona, I watched that concert on youtube.

My parents are from the Sulmona area, in a small village, 30 minutes from Pescara, 1 1/2 hours south east from Rome.

There are as you know tons of villages, and we basically toured the surrounding around the area, and spent a day in Rome.

So much natural beauty and the amazing fresh local food.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun May 01, 2022 7:45 pm

Look what came through our locks today!! The first cruise ship of the season with 50 more this season coming! Our city did a great job promoting our canal system and after years of working together, it's happening. Last year they had a trial run, but now, it's starting! (although they need to to a better job in letting the community know when they are coming through. I had no idea, otherwise I would have been there. We are not used to this. We are used to the big tankers coming by and getting stuck at bridges although I never get tired of seeing them from all over the world. They are huge too.

Pictures courtesy of BobbyZZZ on facebook.

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 12 Captu895

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 12 Captu896

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 12 Captu897

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 12 Captu898

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 12 Captu899

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Sun May 01, 2022 7:50 pm

@GuardianAngel Amazing pictures - looks as if there is only an inch or two to spare on either side! I would like to see that!

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5304

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

+16
2observe
veg_out
Astrobach
Norcalgal
Mommyof2