SELECT CONTENT

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 18 Empty Re: Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Post by Sprite Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:24 pm

@GuardianAngel I leave on March 7th. I booked an extra day at the start of the trip just in case there are any weather or other delays. I fly back on March 19th. As for the passport saga...it continues. I called, emailed and kept getting different responses. I was number 197 when calling to actually speak to someone...the first time. She didn't understand what the problem and said they should have been in touch with me when the issue occurred. Nevertheless, because there was a hold on it, apparently the whole process starts again! Unfortunately, this time there is a 17 week turnaround vs 13 weeks last time which would have me in big trouble. My travel agent said to expedite it which I was told by them, but she also said to contact my MP and that things move a lot faster that way. I will check again next week and see how it is progressing, but after the new year I will be getting it expedited ASAP.

It is all so stressful. I only booked when I thought my passport would be arriving in a few days and had plenty of time. Now I could be out of a trip and money and am stressing out about the whole thing. Bloody hell! :angryemotion

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 18 Empty Re: Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:36 pm

@Sprite I don't understand what the issue is. Typically you go to the p/p office, give them what they need, end of story.

I'd be calling my MP asap. I'd also be calling the people you are dealing with and give them the name of the MP advising he will be contacting them, and you give them authorization to discuss your matter.

There is no way it should take this long, backlog or not. You started this months ago.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:28 am

@Sprite So sorry to hear all of this. Incredibly stressful. Just wanted to say that you may have travel insurance from whichever credit card you used to purchase the trip. Might be worth checking.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:25 pm

@luvstx great point!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:57 pm

Well that all turned quickly. After my passport was put on hold, one of the agents I spoke to told me they start the process from the beginning...17 weeks now...but, yesterday I had a notice put in my mailbox that I had a package at the post office for pickup today. Hallelujah...it was my Canadian Passport!!! High clap High clap High clap Now I can continue working on the Croatian one and my trip is safe. What a relief!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:40 pm

@Sprite so happy for you!

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:39 pm

@Sprite hallelujah!! May I say it’s a Christmas miracle?!?
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:43 am

@luvstx Yes, a Christmas miracle is exactly what it feels like!

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:04 am

So glad it all worked out for you! @Sprite

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 18 8367-910 Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 18 I_got_13 Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 18 E5kqdm15 Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 18 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Dec 21, 2022 8:44 pm

@Sprite I'm so happy for you! Terrific news!! Now you can relax and enjoy the anticipation!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:20 am

That's great news, @Sprite! My Canadian passport took way too long but we ended up not needing it like we thought we did (the rules for dual citizens were hard to understand). I'm glad you have options now.

Anyone else jealous of friends in warm climates right now? I've never really wanted to do a Christmas cruise but have 2 friends traveling with family on different cruises and it's sounding better and better. laugh out loud

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15308

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:33 am

@albean99 I'm not jealous....because I'm joining them today! Leaving a day earlier than planned for our winter spot: St. Croix USVI. Changed our flight out of Boston so that we leave before the storm hits here. Overnight in MIA and then on to STX on our original flight there tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to all! Happy Hanukkah too! We do both in our family Smiley
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

+16
2observe
veg_out
Astrobach
Norcalgal
Mommyof2