SELECT CONTENT

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 6 Empty Re: Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Post by Sprite Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:36 am

This is Pula. It has some of the best Roman archeological remains anywhere. Very industrial since it once held the Venetian navy, but recently the ship yards were sold and abruptly closed putting 2000 people out of work. Apparently the guy who bought them will redevelop everything into hotels.

The amphitheater.

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 6 20190727

Another shot of the amphitheater. They were having a summer festival and they were using it to show films. They also hold some concerts there, but nothing too loud as it would damage the structure.
Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 6 20190728

Triumphal Arch of Sergius
Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 6 20190729

My photos.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion  - Page 6 Empty Re: Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

Post by veg_out Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:21 am

@Sprite, these are stunning--thank you for sharing so that we could virtually join you. Safe travels!
veg_out
veg_out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:58 am

How wonderful @Sprite! Beautiful trip and photos!

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:12 pm

@Sprite thank you so much for sharing while you're on your trip! Stunning pictures. It sounds like you have a great itinerary and are seeing a lot!

I love how you add the history behind your pictures! Everytime you post, I google the city! laugh out loud

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71621

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:44 pm

We're heading to Montreal on Wednesday. Any suggestions for exceptional things to do?

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5351

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:52 pm

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing and continue to have a safe fun vacation. :Thanktwo
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:27 pm

@Norcalgal I haven't been to Montreal in many years, (hockey games and a wedding) not sure if you've ever been, but it's a beautiful city!

Walking tours, if you like to walk, or take the Hop on Hop off bus, you get to see a lot that way. There is I'm sure another tour to Quebec, if you get the chance and time wise that would be awesome too. They used to have a boat tour that took you down the St Lawrence to Quebec.

Great food and entertainment with a European feel.

Looking forward to hearing all about it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:29 pm

@GuardianAngel Thanks GA. I'm thinking the Botanical Garden, one of the largest and most diverse in the world, would be interesting. Definitely want to see the historic city. We are staying downtown so that should be easy.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5351

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:57 pm

Just recently discovered this thread and so glad I found it!

We went on a Viking river cruise this summer and absolutely loved every minute of it. Went up the Seine from Paris to the beaches of Normandy--just amazing what the U.S., Canadian and British troops had to go through.

Food was outstanding. Service was impeccable. I would 100% recommend Viking and have planned another cruise, this time on the Rhine, for 2021. Will post photos next time.

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:52 pm

@Doats that sounds fantastic! Friends of mine have cruised many times but did the River cruise a few years ago. They too loved it and did another one a couple of years later. I can't remember which countries they went to but they thoroughly enjoyed it.

Skipping Florida this year, I just booked a seat sale to Varadero Cuba! I haven't been in over 10 years, I'm so looking forward to it!!

summer

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:54 pm

@Doats I have been looking at those myself. They look so good and have so many options. So many places that I want to travel too, but not enough vacation time.

I am looking forward to seeing your photos. I still have a ton to post from my trip this summer.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doats Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:28 pm

@GuardianAngel and @Sprite I can't recommend Viking river cruises highly enough. Have been on ocean cruises when our kids were young but tend to get sea sick so rivers were the way to go.

We chose the Viking line since it is very highly rated and yet not the most expensive. We took the 8-day "Paris to the Normandy Beaches" itinerary and it was a great introduction. I even got to speak French again and was surprised as to how much I remembered.

Just one special memory. Our first stop after Paris was the lovely town of Vernon. (Interesting point, Mount Vernon is its namesake and now I feel like Sheldon for mentioning that. giggling) Anyways, going into the town there is an old lady who waves an American flag as tourists come ashore. She was a small child when the town was liberated from the Germans and it's her way of saying thanks. It was very touching.

Doats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Vacations - Vacation Planning - Discussion

+16
2observe
veg_out
Astrobach
Norcalgal
Mommyof2