SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 46 of 49 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kimmel -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 46 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by stuckinsc Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Being on BiP will not lead to you being the next bachelorette, being a contestant on the bachelor will possibly lead to you being the next bachelorette.

I personally believe her endgame was being the next bachelorette and Ben was an interesting and hot enough guy to give it a try. I think had the lead been Dr. Cupcake, Jared, Joe(yup, he was top 6) or even Ben Zorn, we would still have Becca interested in the bachelor and on our tv this season. JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Kimmel -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 46 Empty Re: The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:05 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Being on BiP will not lead to you being the next bachelorette, being a contestant on the bachelor will possibly lead to you being the next bachelorette.

I personally believe her endgame was being the next bachelorette and Ben was an interesting and hot enough guy to give it a try. I think had the lead been Dr. Cupcake, Jared, Joe(yup, he was top 6) or even Ben Zorn, we would still have Becca interested in the bachelor and on our tv this season. JMO.

Idk about that. Becca cares more about one's heart/character than looks.

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:11 pm

And yet she keeps looks for love on a tv show instead of someplace like her church where she could find plenty of options for guys with a good heart/character.

Kimmel -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 46 87b72b10 Kimmel -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 46 86669110 Kimmel -  The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - Page 46 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:11 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:
Rolly wrote:
Does Becca genuinely like Ben...yes. Would she have done the show if the lead wasn't Ben...yes. JMO.

Nope. Sorry I disagree. If the lead was someone else? Nick. Um, no. laugh out loud

I do think she went on the show for Ben but also for other reasons to like they all do.

If TPTB gave Becca this "opportunity" I think she would take it with or without Ben. I don't think she could resist the exposure this show brings. She could take herself out at any time if she wasn't feeling a connection with the lead. What does she have to lose? I'm pretty cynical about the motivations for most of the contestants.... exposure/travel/promotions/fun 75%, Ben 25%. Why should Becca be any different?
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:14 pm

^ I don't see her reasons being that much different than any other contestant but to say she would go on again for someone other than Ben? I am not so sure I buy that. Again, that doesn't mean she went on the show for the other reasons as they ALL do.

Anyway, it is just funny to me because Amber is on her 3rd time on a show and yet the returnee more focused on is Becca who is on less. Sure, F2, etc, etc. But based on intentions, it seems Amber gets a pass and not focused on barely at all or criticized.

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:19 pm

I enjoyed the first episode and felt that Ben handled himself well. Great start!

Women who made a good first impression on me:

Lauren B. -- First out of the limo! I liked her, but much to my surprise, she was not an immediate standout to me.
Caila -- Caila probably made the best first impression on me. I think that she's pretty, well-spoken, and upbeat. She was my Episode 1 pick for the next Bachelorette.
Jubilee -- I found her to be natural and genuine.
Olivia -- She's very attractive, strikingly pretty, polished, and well-spoken, as I would expect of someone who has an on-camera TV career. I can see why she got the first impression rose.
Amanda -- Amanda is very pretty and I like her. I expected that I would hate that she left her young children, but I didn't feel that way after viewing her background package. IMO Ben had an almost visceral reaction to her -- he was *very* attracted to her.
Laura -- Love the red hair! I took to her.
Samantha (the Florida attorney whose dad has ALS) -- I liked her a lot, despite her raspy voice. I loved how Ben greeted her with, "Welcome to the Nation." I'm sorry that she didn't go further in the show.

Not a great first impression:

Shushanna -- Some English, please? A quick greeting in her native language, a wink, and an immediate switch to English might have worked a whole lot better.
Tiara -- (chickens) Maybe she should give Chris S. a call?
Megan -- (mini horse) Keep the horse. Send Megan home.
Joelle -- I expected to take to her right away, but the unicorn headpiece was a huge turnoff to me, and it did nasty things to her hair. I didn't start to warm up to her until I saw her 1-on-1 conversation with Ben on the aftershow.
Mandi -- The designated oddball. Well, she's odd, but for me she lacks the charm of her eccentric predecessors on the series.
Haley & Emily -- I fully understand why the show went with twins, but I hated how they spoke at the same time and completed each other's sentences. They didn't come off as being the brightest bulbs.
Lauren (L.B.) -- Meh.
Leah -- Throwing the football between her legs was a huge turnoff to me. I warmed up to her somewhat more later on. She has a truly pretty face.
Lace -- Lace has a really beautiful jawline. She films/photographs really well. But villains gotta vill. I have to appreciate a villain who gets right down to business. This girl doesn't waste any time. Kudos to her for that.

Neither here nor there:

Becca & Amber -- What you see is what you get. It was funny to watch the women's reactions to their entrance. It's The Bachelor, ladies. You know how this works. Becca seemed to be having a nice conversation with Ben.

Everyone else -- Meh.

I'm looking forward to episode 2!
Amethyst
Amethyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:29 pm

AllAboutLove wrote:^ I don't see her reasons being that much different than any other contestant but to say she would go on again for someone other than Ben? I am not so sure I buy that. Again, that doesn't mean she went on the show for the other reasons as they ALL do.

Anyway, it is just funny to me because Amber is on her 3rd time on a show and yet the returnee more focused on is Becca who is on less. Sure, F2, etc, etc. But based on intentions, it seems Amber gets a pass and not focused on barely at all or criticized.

That's because no one is defending Amber! There's nothing to disagree about as everyone just accepts "yup, this was a super pathetic and fame-hungry move from her". Even she kind of alluded to that in her IG when she posted her bio pic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:32 pm

No disrespect to Amber but she IMO is/was a non-factor. She did more harm than good to her image in BIP and without looking I can't even tell you for sure if she was on CS or JP season. If she had made it into the the top 6 of whoever's season she was on we'd be talking about her too. I don't think Amber really thought she was going to be the last girl standing. JMO

Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:34 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Being on BiP will not lead to you being the next bachelorette, being a contestant on the bachelor will possibly lead to you being the next bachelorette.

LOL.

"Chris is what most 26 yr old virgins named Becca are looking for."

"Joe is what most 26 yr old virgins named Becca are looking for."

"Jared is what most 26 yr old virgins named Becca are looking for."

"Ben Z is what most 26 yr old virgins named Becca are looking for."

Yup I could've seen it. Perhaps she did like Ben but I think being on TV again is her main priority. I'm waiting to see which guy from Caila/Amanda/JoJo's season she attaches herself to next. :uptonogood
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:38 pm

I think ALL of their main priority is being on TV.  giggling

It was Ben's main priority - he didn't need this show at all to find a gf and to be on again (even if as lead). Not even close.
If Ben was a returnee contestant instead of a returnee lead he would get the same criticism. :Nod:
It's just par for the course, imo.

No one, none of them, go on this show for "love" - no matter how sincere or fake they are - their reasons are the same.

JMO

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:39 pm

She was really into Ben on the 1st episode of Kaitlyn's season. I suspect Kaitlyn mentioned that Ben was a guy that would be really good for her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 49 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 20 - Ben Higgins - Premier - Episode 1 - Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+52
IWouldMarryAshleyI
california90
bronco18
Mommyof2
Sprite
KB_Mom
theKeptGrits
Dog&pheonix
Ayana
pavalygurl
Ash2214