SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Page 2 of 79 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by Lucas15 Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:53 am

Sprite wrote:I don't know that JoJo does appeal to a wider group of men. As I said before, all my male friends that watch the show...all of them!...prefer Caila to JoJo. Reading this thread, there are several other women whose husbands seem to feel the same way. I asked one of the guys why he likes Caila better because I really thought he would be more into JoJo since he usually likes the sexy bombshell types. He basically said the same thing that a couple of the members husbands said...she has a good body but he doesn't like her face. When I pressed him, he said she seems hard/tough and said she wouldn't be aging well. He also thought she was b*tchy. I was surprised to say the least.

Though physical appearance isn't everything - in fact it means very little (as long as appearance isn't a complete turn off) - I tend to agree. In some poses JoJo looks great but in others I don't find her face at all attractive.

To me the bigger issue is that I think she's been around the rodeo circuit quite a bit and while I think she's been on good behavior on the show I get a feeling from her that she could be a real witch if she chose to be one.

If I had to choose between Caila and JoJo as someone to date - and based only on what I've seen during this season of both of them - I would pick Caila. She just seems more innocent and "un-spoiled" and I think it would be easier to feel some certainty that if she seemed to like me I could trust that she did. With JoJo I would worry that I couldn't be certain.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by Tiger Tip Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:11 am

Lucas15 wrote:
Sprite wrote:I don't know that JoJo does appeal to a wider group of men. As I said before, all my male friends that watch the show...all of them!...prefer Caila to JoJo. Reading this thread, there are several other women whose husbands seem to feel the same way. I asked one of the guys why he likes Caila better because I really thought he would be more into JoJo since he usually likes the sexy bombshell types. He basically said the same thing that a couple of the members husbands said...she has a good body but he doesn't like her face. When I pressed him, he said she seems hard/tough and said she wouldn't be aging well. He also thought she was b*tchy. I was surprised to say the least.

Though physical appearance isn't everything - in fact it means very little (as long as appearance isn't a complete turn off) - I tend to agree. In some poses JoJo looks great but in others I don't find her face at all attractive.

To me the bigger issue is that I think she's been around the rodeo circuit quite a bit and while I think she's been on good behavior on the show I get a feeling from her that she could be a real witch if she chose to be one.

If I had to choose between Caila and JoJo as someone to date - and based only on what I've seen during this season of both of them - I would pick Caila. She just seems more innocent and "un-spoiled" and I think it would be easier to feel some certainty that if she seemed to like me I could trust that she did. With JoJo I would worry that I couldn't be certain.

Pardon me for horning in on a question you answered quite well... but I'd like to add one more thought to that: dating is never between two people, it involves valued friendships each person has and families (particularly when dating becomes engagement and marriage). When considering JoJo's family to Caila's it would seem that embracing Caila's family would be easier. Particularly if you add into the equation the quest of JoJo's brother in "finding love" was brought about with another reality TV show. It does add an element of insincerity to her decision to join the bachelor.

Tiger Tip

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:57 am

^
ITA, JoJo's family would be a big turn off IMO.

Caila is a smart, intelligent, personable, gorgeous young woman anyone would be lucky to date. She MIGHT have some troubles carrying a season, but so has Ben.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:59 am

Appearances are subjective.
With that being said, past 'Ettes who were panned for their looks ended up being the ones that ended up marrying their F1's.
So, you go robot, ugly, immature, princessy Caila--who still has luscious hair.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:01 pm

I don't think the commentary is centering around her looks..she's a gorgeous girl..it's more personality and authenticity from what I see on FB, Reddit, etc.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:05 pm

NCGalBecca wrote:I don't think the commentary is centering around her looks..she's a gorgeous girl..it's more personality and authenticity from what I see on FB, Reddit, etc.

Yes I think that's what it is.. People are saying that she sounds rehearsed. She is definitely a cutie though.
Lily
Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:21 pm

Yeah, same way Ben was rehearsed on Kaithlyn's season but the twitterverse have selective
memory I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:56 pm

see2love wrote:Yeah, same way Ben was rehearsed on Kaithlyn's season but the twitterverse have selective
memory I guess.

Which has me curious, why exactly did the fans on social media give Ben get a pass on his obvious Bachelor audition? It's not like he came off believable. He barely remembered the name of the woman he was supposedly falling in love with in the limo.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:02 pm

Just double standards, IMO. This franchise encourages it.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by metalgirl Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:08 pm

bluwavz wrote:
see2love wrote:Yeah, same way Ben was rehearsed on Kaithlyn's season but the twitterverse have selective
memory I guess.

Which has me curious, why exactly did the fans on social media give Ben get a pass on his obvious Bachelor audition? It's not like he came off believable. He barely remembered the name of the woman he was supposedly falling in love with in the limo.

I think Ben was barely even THERE to most viewers and certainly not controversial. He was that vaguely cute guy in the background that looked liked Peter Brady, but wasn't part of the Shawn/Kaitlyn/Nick triple-decker sex sandwich drama buffet. He got shoved aside for more interesting stuff.

You have to actually see and acknowledge somebody to have any type of strong feelings for or against them. To me, Ben was basically wallpaper. Next to the word "Meh" in the dictionary is a picture of Ben Higgins.
metalgirl
metalgirl

Female Posts : 988

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:22 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Just double standards, IMO. This franchise encourages it.

THIS!

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke702 Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:25 pm

bluwavz wrote:
memory I guess.

Its' different, they are different people. Ben is more likable, Caila is not IMO. The way they are is different. I really like him and he always seems very genuine to me. But Caila comes across fake (confusing, a bit stuck up, too young, dumped her boyfriend, annoying).

Not everyone is going to come across likable on tv. Some are some aren't. I've actually liked most of the Bachelorette's they have chosen-- jillian, ashley, emily, des, kaitlyn, and Andi was ok before her season. Ali I thought was kind of fake. So it's a bit odd for me to not really like the Bachelorette. Some of the Bachelors were questionable, or not my type.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 79 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

+117
Norcalgal
jaded
tyjbachelor
sparkler
wandb
sallyny
Newto
JBF
Lennoxcolinrolland
BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure
jojo47