SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Page 3 of 79 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by Duke702 Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:29 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Just double standards, IMO. This franchise encourages it.

I disagree that it's double standards, there are plenty of guys/Bachelors from this show that were not liked at all. Ie: Chris Soules, Jake, Nick etc.

Duke702

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

Post by NCGalBecca Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:29 pm

Hadn't seen this posted..but this well written article addresses some of the reasons behind the decision making of the TPTB and how the audience responds.

The Bachelor isn’t a love story — it’s a comedy After 20 seasons of “love,” the long-running reality series is better at humor than romance.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:47 pm

That's basically why I have watched the show all these seasons.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:02 pm

NCGalBecca wrote:Hadn't seen this posted..but this well written article addresses some of the reasons behind the decision making of the TPTB and how the audience responds.

The Bachelor isn’t a love story — it’s a comedy After 20 seasons of “love,” the long-running reality series is better at humor than romance.

Wow, just wow. Thanks for posting.

I guess I'm one of those in betweeners who gets weirdly invested. Lol at self.
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by NCGalBecca Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:07 pm

Me, too...even knowing what we know..year after year...I have that smidgen of romantic hope or can, at least, suspend my disbelief, enough to enjoy the ride.

When the lead is someone that I just can't take seriously in any capacity or gives me an icky feeling, I tend to skip the season.

One faces the future with one's past. - Pearl Buck
NCGalBecca
NCGalBecca

Female Posts : 1904

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:11 pm

I think if Caila is the next 'ette, people will still watch, but not invested. And maybe that is a GOOD thing because expectations will probably be pretty low and people will focus on the guys and not her.

TWT as well when the season airs. Last season everyone was SO hyped on Kaitlyn. Then all that energy and hype turned to hate to the point everyone loved Britt again. I'll be curious about fan reactions now versus later. I sense hatred in some fans now, but I bet TPTB have something up their sleeve with the guys or cast some as*hole-ish guys for fans to re-channel their hate on them instead.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by julychild Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:19 pm

The jokes on all the viewers who believe the show is a love story! Getting invested (to a mild degree) would be a normal reaction, even as you know you are watching a highly produced and edited tv show.

The problem starts when your feelings towards the show (casts, events, ending) is "real" in your head, and actually starts to intrude on your real life.

julychild

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:22 pm

Duke702 wrote:snipped..

Its' different, they are different people. Ben is more likable, Caila is not IMO. The way they are is different. I really like him and he always seems very genuine to me. But Caila comes across fake (confusing, a bit stuck up, too young, dumped her boyfriend, annoying).

Not everyone is going to come across likable on tv. Some are some aren't. I've actually liked most of the Bachelorette's they have chosen-- jillian, ashley, emily, des, kaitlyn, and Andi was ok before her season. Ali I thought was kind of fake. So it's a bit odd for me to not really like the Bachelorette. Some of the Bachelors were questionable, or not my type.

It's all a matter of preference. The only 'ette that I liked were Jillian and Kaitlyn. The latter is no longer in my like column. The others I wasn't crazy about, Andi and Ali annoyed the heck out of me. Ashley Emily and Des I enjoy seeing updates on them now. I'm one of those that always seemed to have issue's with their choice, however if Caila is the next 'ette, I'm happy that I think I'll be seeing someone who isn't fake like some of the others. Caila IMO is similar to Ben in their achievements, more than some of the former leads, their family support, and IMO their character. IMO she, like Ben appear to be very genuine. What you see is who they really are. In all her previous SM pic's well before she had anything to do with this franchise, she laughs and smiles just like she does now.

I want to see a lead who is happy, who has a personality, who isn't fake like Ali Andi and others were. Everything that came out of their mouths was fake. Put a camera in their face and they let the BS roll off their tongue without hesitation. JMHO but I'm looking forward to seeing Caila as the 'tte because right now and during Ben's season, I didn't get a snotty attitude from her like some others who think they are the cat's meow.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:34 pm

julychild wrote:The jokes on all the viewers who believe the show is a love story! Getting invested (to a mild degree) would be a normal reaction, even as you know you are watching a highly produced and edited tv show.

The problem starts when your feelings towards the show (casts, events, ending) is "real" in your head, and actually starts to intrude on your real life.

True. I see this all the time with 'fans' of contestants who crosses the line of sensitivity by posting nasty comments not knowing the real people. It becomes a tug of war when the line of reality is blurred.
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:37 pm

NCGalBecca wrote:Hadn't seen this posted..but this well written article addresses some of the reasons behind the decision making of the TPTB and how the audience responds.

I love the comparison: The Hunger Games in formalwear.

Thanks for the article. One of the best I have ever read regarding this show. Personally, while I do enjoy a good laugh and the occasional real connection that occurs despite all of the manipulation, I watch the show as a mystery. Since discovering the machinations that go on behind the scenes to produce the show, I enjoy the sleuthing of contestants and figuring out how they get the audience to perceive the things they do, the way they do. How are some made into "villains" and others are "fan favourites". How they manufacture a "love story"/fake engagement when it is clearly no such thing and how, despite their best efforts, sometimes the reality actually manages to sneak in.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Seabear Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:40 pm

Sprite wrote:

I love the comparison:  The Hunger Games in formalwear.

Thanks for the article. One of the best I have ever read regarding this show. Personally, while I do enjoy a good laugh and the occasional real connection that occurs despite all of the manipulation, I watch the show as a mystery. Since discovering the machinations that go on behind the scenes to produce the show, I enjoy the sleuthing of contestants and figuring out how they get the audience to perceive the things they do, the way they do. How are some made into "villains" and others are "fan favourites". How they manufacture a "love story"/fake engagement when it is clearly no such thing and how, despite their best efforts, sometimes the reality actually manages to sneak in.

Agreed. word
Seabear
Seabear

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:51 pm

california90 wrote:I think if Caila is the next 'ette, people will still watch, but not invested. And maybe that is a GOOD thing because expectations will probably be pretty low and people will focus on the guys and not her.

TWT as well when the season airs. Last season everyone was SO hyped on Kaitlyn. Then all that energy and hype turned to hate to the point everyone loved Britt again. I'll be curious about fan reactions now versus later. I sense hatred in some fans now, but I bet TPTB have something up their sleeve with the guys or cast some as*hole-ish guys for fans to re-channel their hate on them instead.

They've already started, with US Weekly leaking Aaron Rodgers' brother. When have they ever released a contestant, who happens to be a "celebrity", before filming even started? This is their way of turning the topic of conversation away from Caila as quickly as possible, IMO. And, it's working!

And, JMO, but Caila and Ben are completely different. Caila reminds me more a mix between Ashley I, Kelsey, Britt, and a bit of Jake pavelka. Ben's like a politician - he probably is rehearsed and faking his sincerity at times, but he sells it well; he comes off as really polished, easy-going and likable. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 79 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette - Season 12 - JoJo Fletcher - General Discussion - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* - #2

+117
Norcalgal
jaded
tyjbachelor
sparkler
wandb
sallyny
Newto
JBF
Lennoxcolinrolland
BachIsMyGuiltyPleasure
jojo47