SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Page 13 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 13 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by california90 Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:20 pm

I'm just curious what the people of Colorado think. And if they take him seriously or what?

california90

Back to top Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 13 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by sosleepy Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:26 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
Al wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:I actually think running for politics is too much of a risk and would hurt his image more than being on MBC and CT would TBH. Politics is one of the most taboo things to talk about. It's one of those things that's better to keep to yourself, especially if you care about what others think about you.

Well, I'll say it now, bye bye Perfect Ben. It was nice knowing ya!

IMO.
Imo I don't think Ben is worried about losing that title. I'm pretty sure he didn't like it from the beginning.
He said he didn't actually. I just think this is going to be tricky. He said he didn't want to go on BIP because it would basically taint his reputation....but this would too (probably.) Its obviously not on the same level, it's worse IMO! People realize reality tv is silly, politics is important to people though.

IMO.

Right. Maybe he wanted to avoid BIP FOR a potential future career - political or otherwise. Of course this is going to bring him scrutiny. But love them or hate them, our country, we need politicians. People brave enough to step up and stand for their beliefs and visions for their districts and the country as a whole. Again, good on Ben for giving it a try and being brave enough to put himself out there like that. Who gives a crap if he losses a couple fan girls? This is more important. Far more admirable than MBC, CWS, BIP, Twitter product hocking on the side. Someone has to be the politician, may as well be Ben.

He and Lauren have always maintained they are open to whatever opportunity presents itself. He wanted The Bachelor to enhance his life, not define it. I'm proud they are considering this route - still in the public, probably not a path he could easily take at such a young age without the platform ABC gave him. It's admirable that he's trying. It takes balls.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:26 pm

blueblues wrote:So this is actually happening. I see a pattern here.

1) I will never blindside you. 2) I love you. 3) I love someone else more.

1) I will focus on our relationship. 2) Renounces DWTS. 3) Goes into politics.

His promises seem come with an expire date. For a politician that might actually be a useful quality though.  no idea
JMO

I don't get the pattern at all. One was a heavily scripted tv show, where he had to blindside someone. And entering into politics doesn't mean he won't make effort in his relationship.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:27 pm

Just me, but I would take him as seriously as Al Franken, Sonny Bono, Clint Eastwood and many others who had a lot more fame and fortune behind their name. (Arnie Schwartzenegger, Ron Reagan, Fred Thompson, Clay Aiken just to name a few)

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:28 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Just me, but I would take him as seriously as Al Franken, Sonny Bono, Clint Eastwood and many others who had a lot more fame and fortune behind their name. (Arnie Schwartzenegger, Ron Reagan, Fred Thompson, Clay Aiken just to name a few)

Donald Trump has like one opponent standing between him and the White House. 'Nuff said.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by babs Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:31 pm

Really, what is the worse that can happen if he runs? He either wins and does good things for the state he lives in or he loses and goes back to his simple little life that he lives now. If he loses fans because of his political believes, then those weren't really true fans and he still gets to live his life as he sees fit. I don't think he is all that concerned what fans are going to think of him, unless they are voters in his district.
babs
babs

Female Posts : 985

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:35 pm

sosleepy wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:
Al wrote:
Imo I don't think Ben is worried about losing that title. I'm pretty sure he didn't like it from the beginning.
He said he didn't actually. I just think this is going to be tricky. He said he didn't want to go on BIP because it would basically taint his reputation....but this would too (probably.) Its obviously not on the same level, it's worse IMO! People realize reality tv is silly, politics is important to people though.

IMO.

Right. Maybe he wanted to avoid BIP FOR a potential future career - political or otherwise. Of course this is going to bring him scrutiny. But love them or hate them, our country, we need politicians. People brave enough to step up and stand for their beliefs and visions for their districts and the country as a whole. Again, good on Ben for giving it a try and being brave enough to put himself out there like that. Who gives a crap if he losses a couple fan girls? This is more important. Far more admirable than MBC, CWS, BIP, Twitter product hocking on the side. Someone has to be the politician, may as well be Ben.

He and Lauren have always maintained they are open to whatever opportunity presents itself. He wanted The Bachelor to enhance his life, not define it. I'm proud they are considering this route - still in the public, probably not a path he could easily take at such a young age without the platform ABC gave him. It's admirable that he's trying. It takes balls.
I agree. I just hope he doesn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. Don't ruin my fantasy Ben laugh out loud !

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosepetal Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:36 pm

california90 wrote:I'm just curious what the people of Colorado think. And if they take him seriously or what?

This would be a tough seat for Ben to win but may give him some good experience. Denver in general is a democratic city. The state in general is purple with the state assembly switching back and forth from a republican to democratic majority. If he pulled it off it would be a gigantic upset in the district and unlikely to happen. I would take him seriously to answer your question though.

Last edited by Rosepetal on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rosepetal
Rosepetal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:37 pm

babs wrote:Really, what is the worse that can happen if he runs?  He either wins and does good things for the state he lives in or he loses and goes back to his simple little life that he lives now.  If he loses fans because of his political believes, then those weren't really true fans and he still gets to live his life as he sees fit.  I don't think he is all that concerned what fans are going to think of him, unless they are voters in his district.
Pretty much. Plus, I doubt the general public, outside of Denver, will even pay attention..unless he starts posting his beliefs all over his Twitter or something.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:42 pm

I thought Ben was a democrat though.. Lauren too. Both families I've seen show support for Obama and don't support Trump (at least on SM.) Hmm. Maybe they just support by person and not necessarily by party.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:45 pm

Although I don't care for him running . I still think that he is putting himself out there for more scrutiny , it doesn' matter if this is much better than anything that posted above . To me once you are a public figure and you jump into like this and it is about being in public service. You would expect different opinions . Yes, him running won't be a bad thing at all. He did not do anything from his past that will taint his reputation. But again once you enter in politics it is not that easy. But it is his decision . No one knows how his rel will affect of all this down the road . Lauren seems supportive to him as we see at this point.Jmo.

Last edited by lovebites8727 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 13 Eb97c9
fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 13 9zt107fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 13 Xgicucfitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 13 Oaw2uvfitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 13 2pqw5k8fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 13 30szzaufitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 13 1118sr4

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:48 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:I thought Ben was a democrat though.. Lauren too. Both families I've seen show support for Obama and don't support Trump (at least on SM.)  Hmm. Maybe they just support by person and not necessarily by party.

People can be independents. They may not support party over person running. Many politicians switch parties and even get elected under their new party affiliate.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 80 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 46 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

+72
allykat
Mommyof2
maniluh
casjacknick
sdmom