SELECT CONTENT

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Page 7 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 7 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by Cila51290 Tue May 31, 2016 11:03 am

I think they should just wait this out after they're married & with kids to run for office. It just seems so selfish of Ben to do that now. Enjoy Denver together with family and friends before politics is in the mix. It hasn't even been 6 months let alone 1 year that they're together in Denver. I think Lauren has given up a lot already to have to be engaged or married to a politician so early on. JMO
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

fitgirl - Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2 - Page 7 Empty Re: Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

Post by Tiggerlgh Tue May 31, 2016 11:44 am

I personally think they need much more time just settling into life in Denver prior to adding politics to the mess. I was really happy that Ben went back to his old job once he got back there. Very few leads do that and I like that.

As for the arrest that is a non-issue. Seriously look at many of our Presidents/Washington Politicians backgrounds or the entire Kennedy Family and see what they have in their past/covered up (Hint its a lot worse than this for many). A group Public intox arrest in your 20's at Coachella will not stop her/them from this.

But IMHO they need to just spend more time in their normal lives in Denver its only been a couple months and even with that there has been lots of travel (but I really think that was the norm for Lauren and her family no matter where she lives).

Team Sluething :detective

Sorry for typos...my iPad likes to think it knows what I want to say.
Tiggerlgh
Tiggerlgh

Female Posts : 6175

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue May 31, 2016 11:56 am

I think I need to wait to see how Lauren responds to this publicly (and Ben too) before I call it selfish. Ben never struck me as someone that would be a selfish partner. I'm sure Lauren and his relationship is his number 1 consideration in running right now. I'm also sure she has a voice and input into this decision as well. At least I would hope so, on both accounts. For all we know, Lauren is 100% on board and supportive. If that's the case, I'm cool with this. Sometimes you have to strike while the iron is hot. Besides, he's only in talks. I think it's ok to explore the idea. He isn't commited yet. I do agree, it seems like a lot of stress to add to a new relationship. And a lot of stress in general for two young 26/27 year olds. But only they know the ins and outs and what they think they can personally handle and what they are ready for.

In other news, did you see Ben's Memorial Day tweet?

@benhiggi  Lauren & I are grateful to all of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice to protect our liberty #NeverForget #MemorialDay2016

Lauren retweeted it. If that isn't a Political PR tweet, I don't know what is. laugh out loud Also, Lauren's only snap all weekend was at church. It's starting. laugh out loud

Last edited by sosleepy on Tue May 31, 2016 12:53 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added source)
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cila51290 Tue May 31, 2016 1:03 pm

That tweet of Ben's was very politician-esque. Why he included her is weird to me considering she does have her own twitter handle to tweet from.

Also makes sense why Lauren barely posts photos on IG and snapchat. Probably has to think twice about what content is allowed now. hmmm
Cila51290
Cila51290

Female Posts : 2211

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Tue May 31, 2016 1:08 pm

Poor Lauren. Whattafreako if he's for real. Imo of course.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Tue May 31, 2016 1:20 pm

After reading all these posts, I do think it's a bit too early to get into politics for a couple 7 months into their relationship that started on a reality dating show. It's awful lot to ask from a fiancé that fast, IMO. I think Lauren's wardrobe and sm behaviour is just fine, and IMO she wouldn't need to change it to support Ben, but the people advicing him might think different, as in she needs to 'look' like a politicians wife. I think if they had a few years under their belt as a couple, it'd be a different story. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Tue May 31, 2016 1:29 pm

For a couple that's only been public, what 3 months out of the 7 they've been together and engaged, this seems awfully quick to take on.  I honestly don't think they've fully settled down into normal regularly life enough at this point to throw running for office into the mix.  Especially if they're working on wedding plans, making the house and yard their home and Lauren finding some sort of balance with friends and work of her own in Denver.  Seems a bit too much to put on their plates at this point in time.  JMO.
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Tue May 31, 2016 1:30 pm

We can check mark Courney off the list for rehashing a dead horse too (along with Emily.) If you don't know what I'm talking about, Courtney's episode 1 recap is the place to go. Her comment wasn't as forward as Emily's repost, but still... Lol

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by babs Tue May 31, 2016 1:53 pm

Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:We can check mark Courney off the list for rehashing a dead horse too (along with Emily.) If you don't know what I'm talking about, Courtney's episode 1 recap is the place to go. Her comment wasn't as forward as Emily's repost, but still... Lol

Do you have a link to her blog?

I really hope that Ben has someone wise giving him good advice...............and I hope they advise him to "cool his heels"
babs
babs

Female Posts : 985

Back to top Go down

Post by Lennoxcolinrolland Tue May 31, 2016 1:58 pm

babs wrote:
Lennoxcolinrolland wrote:We can check mark Courney off the list for rehashing a dead horse too (along with Emily.) If you don't know what I'm talking about, Courtney's episode 1 recap is the place to go. Her comment wasn't as forward as Emily's repost, but still... Lol

Do you have a link to her blog?

I really hope that Ben has someone wise giving him good advice...............and I hope they advise him to "cool his heels"
No, I don't, sorry. It's on her Twitter though.

Lennoxcolinrolland

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Tue May 31, 2016 2:02 pm

Ladybug82 wrote:For a couple that's only been public, what 3 months out of the 7 they've been together and engaged, this seems awfully quick to take on.  I honestly don't think they've fully settled down into normal regularly life enough at this point to throw running for office into the mix.  Especially if they're working on wedding plans, making the house and yard their home and Lauren finding some sort of balance with friends and work of her own in Denver.  Seems a bit too much to put on their plates at this point in time.  JMO.

I do wonder what this does to potential wedding plans. I would think it benefits Ben's "political career" to actually be married. Likewise, being single and a public breakup only hurts him. Especially with that conservative "family values" GOP base.

Please don't get me wrong, I agree, this seems like a lot to take on for them right now. But, I think it's too early to call Ben selfish. I think it's ok to explore the idea. We need to see if they actually take it on, how both actually respond to the situation and the stress before I make a solid opinion. That being said, I think this is far more impressive of a career trajectory than most of our other illustrious Bachelor alums. I'd rather see this - moving away from the franchise onto bigger and better things- actually trying something out of the box and using the platform for something bigger and better, then all the career stalling, social media product shilling and becoming professional former Bachelor alums/couples that we see from most. JMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by nannymargie Tue May 31, 2016 3:18 pm

sosleepy wrote:I think I need to wait to see how Lauren responds to this publicly (and Ben too) before I call it selfish. Ben never struck me as someone that would be a selfish partner. I'm sure Lauren and his relationship is his number 1 consideration in running right now. I'm also sure she has a voice and input into this decision as well. At least I would hope so, on both accounts. For all we know, Lauren is 100% on board and supportive. If that's the case, I'm cool with this. Sometimes you have to strike while the iron is hot. Besides, he's only in talks. I think it's ok to explore the idea. He isn't commited yet. I do agree, it seems like a lot of stress to add to a new relationship. And a lot of stress in general for two young 26/27 year olds. But only they know the ins and outs and what they think they can personally handle and what they are ready for.

In other news, did you see Ben's Memorial Day tweet?

@benhiggi  Lauren & I are grateful to all of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice to protect our liberty #NeverForget #MemorialDay2016

Lauren retweeted it. If that isn't a Political PR tweet, I don't know what is. laugh out loud Also, Lauren's only snap all weekend was at church. It's starting. laugh out loud

I don't think that is a political tweet. Facebook was loaded with some of the same things to remember those who gave their lives for our freedom. I have also reposted some of good ones and I promise you I am not running for office of any kind. This is IMO of course.

Sometime you have to fall apart only to realize you need to be together!
nannymargie
nannymargie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 80 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 43 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Ben Higgins - Lauren Bushnell - Bachelor 20 - Discussion - #2

+72
allykat
Mommyof2
maniluh
casjacknick
sdmom