SELECT CONTENT

Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Page 52 of 54 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53, 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 52 Empty Re: Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Alanna Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:16 pm

mindless wrote:Shawn was really in love with Kaitlyn though. I always get the sense that Josh is in love with Josh first, MM second, Sabel third and then there's whoever he's decided to employ as his ego-stroker. I could be wrong, but good luck to Amanda.
Agreed. K + S are totally flawed but I think they genuinely want to be together. Here, I think they want to be together for a bunch of external reasons: the ring, being a power couple, not having to work to support her kids, Josh proving Andi/Nick wrong, etc. Nothing to do with loving each other as people imo. Totally different situations to me. I don't think they'll last if/when the waves get high in their relationship.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*  - Page 52 Empty Re: Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

Post by Beach Lover Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:27 pm

I think it's hard to compare Shawn's love for Kaitlyn over Josh's love for Amanda when we as viewers haven't been shown much of their love story on BIP except for make-outs and drama.  I feel gypped to be honest.  I want to hear the conversations. But based on some of the cast who knew them best, they are really good together (The Twins, IZZy, Ashley I. to name a few).  And even like Amanda said, she saw the silly, sensitive, caring side of Josh and we as viewers weren't given that. I absolutely believe he has that side and I think it's genuine. Who knows if it will last, but I give them as good a shot as K + S.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by bluwavz Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:33 pm

Shawn likes Kaitlyn because she's Kaitlyn. Josh likes Amanda because she's not Andi. I just don't think there's anything uniquely about Amanda that he likes. She'd could be switched out with any other blonde submissive woman and I think he'd be just as fine.

All JMO.
bluwavz
bluwavz
Access

Female Posts : 19230

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug82 Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:36 pm

^^^ Agreed, blu!  And IMO, the twins, Ashley I, Izzy, etc. aren't necessarily the best judges of character or ones I'd take much of what they said seriously.

JMOAA
Ladybug82
Ladybug82

Female Posts : 9471

Back to top Go down

Post by IWouldMarryAshleyI Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:29 pm

Rewatching, I think Evan's assessment is completely true. At first I thought Evan was just a jealous weeny. But now, having seen what we've seen since then, it is true. The man only speaks in platitudes and cliches. Poor Amanda. I'd be afraid to be in a room with him. This is not good.
IWouldMarryAshleyI
IWouldMarryAshleyI

Male Posts : 386

Back to top Go down

Post by IWouldMarryAshleyI Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:32 pm

bluwavz wrote:I just don't think there's anything uniquely about Amanda that he likes. She'd could be switched out with any other blonde submissive woman and I think he'd be just as fine.

Also gotta be very cute. Amanda is an adorable type of cute. :yes:
IWouldMarryAshleyI
IWouldMarryAshleyI

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:09 pm

IWouldMarryAshleyI wrote:Rewatching, I think Evan's assessment is completely true. At first I thought Evan was just a jealous weeny. But now, having seen what we've seen since then, it is true. The man only speaks in platitudes and cliches. Poor Amanda. I'd be afraid to be in a room with him. This is not good.

Rewatching that is what you would see because that is what they chose to show. I'm pretty certain there is much more substance to his conversations but we aren't getting to see it.  Whether you like Amanda and Andi or not, both women have said  that Josh is very easy to talk to, a good listener and that conversation just flows naturally with him.  I also have heard he's quite funny, but we haven't been shown that side of him either. I know Nick is considered the more intellectual, but I think Josh has much more depth than what BIP and the Bachelorette have shown us.  

And regarding Andi's book, i get the impression that a lot of the people who have opinions on Josh haven't even actually read it and are going by what they "heard" and a few of the more negative and juicy excerpts.  This includes Evan.  Evan was also a major producer puppet.  Based on what I've heard about how these guys were ribbing Josh the entire time in Paradise, he probably never felt he could open up and be himself around anyone (except Amanda). He was always on the defensive.  It's pretty tough to make a decent impression in that situation.  On the contrary, he seemed very well liked on both FS and Andi's season by the other cast members.

I realize now this is Amanda's thread, not Josh's. My mistake.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:13 pm

^^I'm curious about what you heard about the cast ribbing Josh. Can you elaborate? thx!

Back to top Go down

Post by Beach Lover Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:43 pm

^^^ It was mentioned in some blogs/articles/interviews of fellow cast members that from the moment Josh arrived in Paradise several of the guys were prodding him about the claims in Andi's book and questioning his intentions.  I can't remember all the sources but I'll try to find them and bring them over.
Beach Lover
Beach Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by IWouldMarryAshleyI Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:58 pm

Beach Lover wrote:
IWouldMarryAshleyI wrote:Rewatching, I think Evan's assessment is completely true. At first I thought Evan was just a jealous weeny. But now, having seen what we've seen since then, it is true. The man only speaks in platitudes and cliches. Poor Amanda. I'd be afraid to be in a room with him. This is not good.

Rewatching that is what you would see because that is what they chose to show. I'm pretty certain there is much more substance to his conversations but we aren't getting to see it.  Whether you like Amanda and Andi or not, both women have said  that Josh is very easy to talk to, a good listener and that conversation just flows naturally with him.  I also have heard he's quite funny, but we haven't been shown that side of him either. I know Nick is considered the more intellectual, but I think Josh has much more depth than what BIP and the Bachelorette have shown us.  

And regarding Andi's book, i get the impression that a lot of the people who have opinions on Josh haven't even actually read it and are going by what they "heard" and a few of the more negative and juicy excerpts.  This includes Evan.  Evan was also a major producer puppet.  Based on what I've heard about how these guys were ribbing Josh the entire time in Paradise, he probably never felt he could open up and be himself around anyone (except Amanda). He was always on the defensive.  It's pretty tough to make a decent impression in that situation.  On the contrary, he seemed very well liked on both FS and Andi's season by the other cast members.

I realize now this is Amanda's thread, not Josh's. My mistake.

Hmm, okay. Amanda should be fine. She seems so nice.

I want to read this book, but at the same time, I don't want to throw a penny at Andi.

Last edited by IWouldMarryAshleyI on Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
IWouldMarryAshleyI
IWouldMarryAshleyI

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:58 pm

Yes, thank you for the reminder this is the Amanda thread. Smiley

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:08 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Yes, thank you for the reminder this is the Amanda thread. Smiley

We do tend to get carried away sometimes, don't we? cantstopl

My opinion of Amanda is that she is a bit empty-headed. I think she's looking for someone to be a father to her girls. I don't see anything under the surface between her and Josh. Doubt it will last. JMHO.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 54 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53, 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Amanda Stanton - BIP - Season 3 - *Sleuthing - Spoilers*

+77
BlackHalo
siena
pavalygurl
MiaHawk
nan27