SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - General Sleuthing - S/Caps - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - General Sleuthing - S/Caps - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 Empty Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - General Sleuthing - S/Caps - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:51 pm

Continue sleuthing screen caps # 2.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - General Sleuthing - S/Caps - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - General Sleuthing - S/Caps - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:56 pm

Bobette wrote:
djogbenyuie wrote:As if all the Mikhel pictures and the 60% thinking he is F1 are not enough.

laugh out loud

They are working hard on this element of surprise thing.

Indeed.  IMO This is a dangerous game to play in a maiden season and I think they're setting themselves up for backlash if KW is F1.  They're probably hoping it will make people think "Woah, how did I miss that?!  I'll have to pay more attention next season!"  But I suspect the reaction will be more like "WTF was that - I don't understand why she chose him and wow that was horrible watching my favourite get his heart ripped out - I'm never watching this show again".

Which people? Not me, I didn't miss anything. If Kevin is the F1, it won't be a surprise to me. I think the editors did a good job. The backlash is usually from viewers who favoured the F2 who end up acting like spoiled teenagers with their SM bullying shenanigans.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - General Sleuthing - S/Caps - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - General Sleuthing - S/Caps - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by djogbenyuie Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:02 pm

It happened to some extent when Mike left.

60% is huge and since they are still encouraging Mikhel in people's mind, it is very possible that many will be very surprised.
I'm talking general viewers here.

So yeah, it is an eventuality that it will be hard for some to get invested next time.
But time help though, and I'm sure we will have a supporting Mikhel towards the happy couple so that can also help too.
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:09 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
Bobette wrote:
djogbenyuie wrote:As if all the Mikhel pictures and the 60% thinking he is F1 are not enough.

laugh out loud

Indeed.  IMO This is a dangerous game to play in a maiden season and I think they're setting themselves up for backlash if KW is F1.  They're probably hoping it will make people think "Woah, how did I miss that?!  I'll have to pay more attention next season!"  But I suspect the reaction will be more like "WTF was that - I don't understand why she chose him and wow that was horrible watching my favourite get his heart ripped out - I'm never watching this show again".

Which people? Not me, I didn't miss anything. If Kevin is the F1, it won't be a surprise to me. I think the editors did a good job. The backlash is usually from viewers who favoured the F2 who end up acting like spoiled teenagers with their SM bullying shenanigans.

People as in the general public.  The people who only watch the show for one hour a week, maybe chat about it on social media or in the office the next day.  The people who don't know about rose call out order or frankenbytes or editing tricks or F1 music or any of that.  The people who (according to polls I've seen) are mostly expecting Mikhel to win.  The people who IMO will be confused and disappointed if he doesn't.  Those people.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWrongReasons Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:11 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
Bobette wrote:

laugh out loud

Good Post I agree 100% :yes:

See this? This is you. It's not showy or gaudy. It's simple. Elegant. Beautiful.
It's my mom's bracelet.
I know.
How do you know?
Well, because you told me. Six months ago. You were wearing that blue sweater with the snowflakes that you have. You were walking down the hallway at school. I was annoying you as per usual. You said, "Look, Pacey, I just found my mother's bracelet this morning, so why don't you cut me some slack?"
You remember that?
I remember everything.beatingheart
TheWrongReasons
TheWrongReasons

Female Posts : 2065

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:33 pm

It's not as simple as that though.  The show's whole premise relies on viewers becomming emotionally invested in the outcome, and TPTB have control over how they shape the central "characters", through editing etc.  

If the F2s are presented as loveable, endearing people who would seem to fulfill the Lead's objective for going on the show (to avoid repeating past mistakes and form a relationship with someone who won't walk out on them, for example) then I think it's totally justified - even expected - that they would not be happy with a result that goes the other way.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:34 pm

I for one was not in the Nikki train and i wasn't surprised Alex was F1 (by HTD it was really clear she was a real contender) however, i was very surprised of the whole editing plus how the social media palyed a big part in making me believe it couldn't be Alex.

So Georgia's season paid the price for that (i got less invested), even though i was not one of those spoiled teenager viewer Smiley

Just to explain that sometimes, it's not even about being in favour of the F2 but feeling spoiled of an amazing love story.
I personally watch the show to see the love story and get on board of the happy couple. Not to be like all confused because of editing and not being able to warm up to the happy couple.

Of course it's my loss, but it's sad that it has to be that way. I remember seasons where we could love both F2 and be totally on board with the F1.

I hope i make sense
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:40 pm

Bobette wrote:It's not as simple as that though.  The show's whole premise relies on viewers becomming emotionally invested in the outcome, and TPTB have control over how they shape the central "characters", through editing etc.  

If the F2s are presented as loveable, endearing people who would seem to fulfill the Lead's objective for going on the show (to avoid repeating past mistakes and form a relationship with someone who won't walk out on them, for example) then I think it's totally justified - even expected - that they would not be happy with a result that goes the other way.

That's true. It's human and pure logic to expect that.
It's not just a case of "my favorite was not chosen" but a case of "it doesn't make sense and it looks like a mistake" because the edit guided the viewers to that point.

"Love" can be the final answer to all the lead questions but it can be hard to understand if not presented well.

I hope it will be the case.

Also, they are not balanced at all in their characters promotions on social media.
Even the AUS version, with all their misdirection and everything, were good at using all the contenders pictures and promoting F4, then f3, then F2 quite equally.
It was just a matter of captions and narration. Not absence of promotion at all.

In bach can, they used Mike and Mikhel in a big way and made the viewer having mostly Mikhel (or Mike previously) in their mind.

If you look back at their IG and twitter (bachelorette canada) you see Mike and Mikhel story and lately a pop of KW story (with overconfidence, puppy dog eye, tough mother or jealousy).

It's a pity that this is all that is left for their love story during show airing on official SM.
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:51 pm

it doesn't matter anyway laugh out loud

We are just viewers. They will still leave their HEA no matter what we think, support or no support, and thank God for that.
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:54 pm

djogbenyuie wrote:I for one was not in the Nikki train and i wasn't surprised Alex was F1 (by HTD it was really clear she was a real contender) however, i was very surprised of the whole editing plus how the social media palyed a big part in making me believe it couldn't be Alex.

So Georgia's season paid the price for that (i got less invested), even though i was not one of those spoiled teenager viewer Smiley

Just to explain that sometimes, it's not even about being in favour of the F2 but feeling spoiled of an amazing love story.
I personally watch the show to see the love story and get on board of the happy couple. Not to be like all confused because of editing and not being able to warm up to the happy couple.

Of course it's my loss, but it's sad that it has to be that way. I remember seasons where we could love both F2 and be totally on board with the F1.

I hope i make sense

That absolutely makes sense @djogbenyuie and I completely agree.  

My main gripe with the recent AU series was not that the Lead didn't choose my "favourite" but rather that I just didn't see her relationship with F1.  I assume it existed, since she chose him, but IMO TPTB were trying so hard not to "give the game away" that they went totally overboard and hid it completely, resulting in an ending I found "unsatisfying", to say the least.  

IMO, if KW is F1 the backlash will not be because people simply "prefer Mikhel" but because the show has highlighted their arguments, his jealousy, him walking out etc, all against a backdrop of Jasmine - in her own words - wanting to avoid people like that, after past experiences.  It's like they are setting up a storyline, then deliberately contradicting that story.

They even put in a totally unnecessary ITM by J about KW storming out of the fantasy suite (unnecessary because we wouldn't have known he left, and they apparently made up afterwards).  IMO they included that deliberately to make us think the relationship was rocky/unstable/in trouble.  That is not the kind of relationship I personally can feel good about Jasmine choosing.

IMO the increasing focus on "smoke and mirrors" is a dangerous game for the producers to be playing, especially since this is the first CA season.  IMO, most people do not take kindly to having their emotions manipulated.  I first started watching this show because I enjoy watching people fall in love.  These days, I don't know what the heck I'm even looking at half the time.
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:59 pm

Bobette wrote:
djogbenyuie wrote:I for one was not in the Nikki train and i wasn't surprised Alex was F1 (by HTD it was really clear she was a real contender) however, i was very surprised of the whole editing plus how the social media palyed a big part in making me believe it couldn't be Alex.

I hope i make sense

That absolutely makes sense @djogbenyuie and I completely agree.  

My main gripe with the recent AU series was not that the Lead didn't choose my "favourite" but rather that I just didn't see her relationship with F1.  I assume it existed, since she chose him, but IMO TPTB were trying so hard not to "give the game away" that they went totally overboard and hid it completely, resulting in an ending I found "unsatisfying", to say the least.  

IMO, if KW is F1 the backlash will not be because people simply "prefer Mikhel" but because the show has highlighted their arguments, his jealousy, him walking out etc, all against a backdrop of Jasmine - in her own words - wanting to avoid people like that, after past experiences.  It's like they are setting up a storyline, then deliberately contradicting that story.

They even put in a totally unnecessary ITM by J about KW storming out of the fantasy suite (unnecessary because we wouldn't have known he left, and they apparently made up afterwards).  IMO they included that deliberately to make us think the relationship was rocky/unstable/in trouble.  That is not the kind of relationship I personally can feel good about Jasmine choosing.

IMO the increasing focus on "smoke and mirrors" is a dangerous game for the producers to be playing, especially since this is the first CA season.  IMO, most people do not take kindly to having their emotions manipulated.  I first started watching this show because I enjoy watching people fall in love.  These days, I don't know what the heck I'm even looking at half the time.

cantstopl cantstopl cantstopl the bold just made my night!
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobette Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:02 pm

It's true though!  

I seriously think the show should be classified as a "mystery/detective" genre in the TV guide; it's certainly not "reality"!
Bobette
Bobette

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - General Sleuthing - S/Caps - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+12
ElonM
Topazgold
Love_is_Eternal
jojo47
Idlemess
primexi
4health
makeover
TheWrongReasons
Bobette
djogbenyuie