SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - General Sleuthing - S/Caps - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - General Sleuthing - S/Caps - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - General Sleuthing - S/Caps - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:10 pm

Bobette wrote:snipped..
People as in the general public.  The people who only watch the show for one hour a week, maybe chat about it on social media or in the office the next day.  The people who don't know about rose call out order or frankenbytes or editing tricks or F1 music or any of that.  The people who (according to polls I've seen) are mostly expecting Mikhel to win.  The people who IMO will be confused and disappointed if he doesn't.  Those people.

Thank you for being more specific, because using words such as everyone and people, can be perceived to be people on this forum.

IMO not seeing a love story depends on a lot of factors. There are those who clearly see a love story, and there are those who don't see it at all. IMO it's not anyone's fault.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - General Sleuthing - S/Caps - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - General Sleuthing - S/Caps - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:13 pm

@djogbenyuie like you, I would just love for once they give us the love story straight forward and not all the mombo jumbo.  It is getting annoying getting into the show nowadays.

Back to top Go down

Post by makeover Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:20 pm

Just IMO but I thought the love story between Kevin and Jasmine is the most obvious one this season. Too obvious that I am even thinking if they are misleading us. They have shown their connection since their first one on one chat and Jasmine looks like she's crazy about him.

makeover

Back to top Go down

Post by 4health Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:27 pm

djogbenyuie wrote:
Bobette wrote:It's not as simple as that though.  The show's whole premise relies on viewers becomming emotionally invested in the outcome, and TPTB have control over how they shape the central "characters", through editing etc.  

If the F2s are presented as loveable, endearing people who would seem to fulfill the Lead's objective for going on the show (to avoid repeating past mistakes and form a relationship with someone who won't walk out on them, for example) then I think it's totally justified - even expected - that they would not be happy with a result that goes the other way.

That's true. It's human and pure logic to expect that.
It's not just a case of "my favorite was not chosen" but a case of "it doesn't make sense and it looks like a mistake" because the edit guided the viewers to that point.

"Love" can be the final answer to all the lead questions but it can be hard to understand if not presented well.

I hope it will be the case.

Also, they are not balanced at all in their characters promotions on social media.
Even the AUS version, with all their misdirection and everything, were good at using all the contenders pictures and promoting F4, then f3, then F2 quite equally.
It was just a matter of captions and narration. Not absence of promotion at all.

In bach can, they used Mike and Mikhel in a big way and made the viewer having mostly Mikhel (or Mike previously) in their mind.

If you look back at their IG and twitter (bachelorette canada) you see Mike and Mikhel story and lately a pop of KW story (with overconfidence, puppy dog eye, tough mother or jealousy).

It's a pity that this is all that is left for their love story during show airing on official SM.

So for those of us that have been on this forum for awhile and tend to watch all seasons/all franchises international etc. it can be really easy to get mixed up and try to make one things you noticed with one franchise to roll over into the other franchises. I don't know if each franchise's editing team is told to edit the same, build the storyline the same, run SM the same, run the website the same, do the same narrative around the story, etc. All we know as a fact is that the premise of the show is the same....a lead dates several single people to find one person to love ex: "the one" "their soulmate" "their best friend" "their HEA" "their prince charming/princess" etc. I am sure the production crew that has that premise known also knows to have a look out during the course of filming for certain characters "villian" "clown" "a little different" "the drunk" "chemistry" "jock" "meathead" "Sexy" "mother/father" "lost of love one" etc.

Once the filming is done then they edit and cut and past and use audio to meet the narrative of the story that unfolded during the filming. For this show (like all other TV shows) it is all about the ratings and viewership. Production does not even think about us here on this forum or others that like to dig out spoilers or paps etc. Everything on the website, SM etc produced by the franchise is to move that narrative to the viewing audience. So, with all that being said I have to say that this franchise (Canada) IMO is the #1 reason I stopped posting, sleuthing, screencaps etc. since Tim & April. (Because of that season I completely stopped even with US etc.)
IMO just off of Canada's past seasons of the bachelor 1 and 2 they have always done a great job of having two great people to cheer for up to the end. So, if this season is the same editing team you "might" find similarities to figure out who is the F1. Sometimes we get all the other seasons to fog our memories and even get ourselves misdirected to see what is right in front of our eyes. The one thing I learned during Tim & April's season is CAN does show right in the open more of the love story. Also remember when they showed the two ladies in their FR dress there was a leak from the designer of April's FR dress the week of finale. Then remember Trisha's intro video of her trying on a dress which was her FR dress. So all this being said we have to remember that the story is two people end up at the end with the lead and it's the production's job to get people to watch to see who they pick.

4health

Female Posts : 1493

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:59 pm

I presonally don't like to compare cross boundaries, which is one of the main reasons that i did believe in the last episode edit and started to think it was a close race.

In fact, in CAN franchise, they have always showed the love story like you said and it is often well narrated.
Also, when i go back to SM, April pics were the one used to promote the finale episodes (like MTA or finale etc.)

Also, i've noticed that the F2 always has a little bit of "flaw": Withney and her "manipulative" ways, Trisha and her "jealous" and "competitiveness".

Also, i've noticed at some point that they had a guitar riff used for April and Tim on FD (diner boat) on Mikhel's fantasy diner.
I didn't dig further to see if it was used anywhere else because at some point, we just realized that they have used many editing tricks to misdirect to Mike already.

At the same time, the editing around KW is a bit negative but their chemistry shines through in a big way. Is that what we should call showing us the love story? maybe.

I don't know, i just felt like this season is different from the bach can male ones.
We will see how it all ends though.
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:05 pm

4health wrote:Once the filming is done then they edit and cut and past and use audio to meet the narrative of the story that unfolded during the filming. For this show (like all other TV shows) it is all about the ratings and viewership.

About this, well i don't believe that anymore laugh out loud

Seriously, i really feel like they have been doing such a great job to misdirect even sleuthing that they are probably thinking about us.
In my mind, i even believe they hire an intern to watch forums and SM in order to help misdirect hahahahahahah

Last edited by djogbenyuie on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by primexi Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:21 pm

@djogbenyuie I'm sure the cast/crew check out these forums. found it a little odd how kevin throwbacks the pic(that we sleuthed of seeing jasmine in his sunglasses) very recently. I don't think its purely coincidental.

I listen to 3 podcasts regarding this season, and the podcasts hosts all mentioned the cast/crew reaching out to them. so they do have an eye on the social media. 1 of the podcasts isn't even that big/popular but jasmine still favorites/listens to them. I'm fairly certain kevin and mikhel listen to all the podcasts as well(seen them favorite it/reply to the hosts). mikhel and jasmine are also in the rose buddies facebook group. So i wouldn't doubt for a second that they look through this forum.

primexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:38 pm

IMO sometimes things are over analyzed or too much credit is given to the production on the Bach/Bachette shows. They know what they're about and that's keeping the audience's interest. I think they have their audience figured out more than the viewing public them. 

In the general scheme of things,Everyone's going to end up with various point of views based on who they find more appealing in all aspects. Just look at SM; everyone has their favorite right or wrong regardless of what is shown on tv. IMO, it doesn't matter if they watch the show only or like sleuthing the show, it's kind of hard to all be on the same page because things are seen through different lenses based on experiences and what is liked. JMOO

The truth is rarely pure and never simple ~ Oscar Wilde Praying:uptonogood
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by primexi Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:41 pm

@Idlemess agreed

primexi

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:43 pm

primexi wrote:@djogbenyuie I'm sure the cast/crew check out these forums. found it a little odd how kevin throwbacks the pic(that we sleuthed of seeing jasmine in his sunglasses) very recently. I don't think its purely coincidental.

snipped.

When was it sleuthed that it was Jasmine in the sunglasses? IIRC we were speculating, but it wasn't confirmed.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by primexi Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:51 pm

@GuardianAngel yeah i meant sleuthing not sleuthed

primexi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette Canada - Season 1 - Jasmine Lorimer - General Sleuthing - S/Caps - *Sleuthing - Spoilers* #2

+12
ElonM
Topazgold
Love_is_Eternal
jojo47
Idlemess
primexi
4health
makeover
TheWrongReasons
Bobette
djogbenyuie